Worst Game EVER!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Worst Game EVER!
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #100
I grew up with SimCity, SimTower, SimAnt, Warcraft and Myst, and really liked them. All I've played recently is SW games, and like them more.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #101
SimCity 3000 is a great game. I like the disasters you can inflict upon your city. :D

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #102
quote:
Originally written by Azul:

I grew up with SimCity, SimTower, SimAnt, Warcraft and Myst, and really liked them.
Blah, Myst. Hated that game ... Actually I only played Myst 3 because someone gave it to me (I still have it somewhere) but I hated it so much. It was really quite lame.

Warcraft was a good game although in one of them (either I or II) the orc house things look like santas workshop with the candy candes etc outside.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #103
Favorite game? This'll date me well.
Zork 1 and Zork 3 - I forget if I played them on the trash-80 or on my Commodore 128 in CP/M language.
Good times.... good times....

oh yeah, I also liked CK.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #104
Zork...is that the game how he is an alien nerd and the point of the game is to get the key or whatever? If it is, all I have to say is this: Goddamn flowers!

--------------------

Polaris
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #105
Talking of oldschool machines my fav game for
spectrum - warlord (or something)
Apple - conan/frogger
SMS - alex the kid
SMD - Syndicate/Centurian
Playstation - Metal Gear Solid
N64 - Super Mario/1080
SNES - Chrono Trigger (just played)
Warrior
Member # 70
Profile #106
quote:
Originally written by Kingy:

SNES - Chrono Trigger (just played)
I played Chrono Cross for the PS when it came out and HATED it. A friend recommended Chrono Trigger to me and I have to say, that game is awesome.

Another great game:
Planescape: Torment. Excellent game and you can get it for like 5 bucks in a double pack with another game.

--------------------
Death always wins, because the bastard cheats.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #107
quote:

quote:
Originally written by Azul:

I grew up with SimCity, SimTower, SimAnt, Warcraft and Myst, and really liked them.
Blah, Myst. Hated that game ... Actually I only played Myst 3 because someone gave it to me (I still have it somewhere) but I hated it so much. It was really quite lame.

Too much thinking involved?

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #108
On my hard drive right now:

Grim Fandago, Discworld Noir, Escape From Monkey Island, Deus Ex.

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain ___ ___ ___ I feel the same, I feel nothing
Nothing is important to me ___ ___ ___ ___ __ And nobody nowhere understands anything
About me and all my dreams lost at sea ___ __ But we’re not the same, we’re different tonight
We’ll make things right, we’ll feel it all tonight _ The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight ___ ____ ___ Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

Go All Blacks xtraMSN Rugby _ MuggleNet
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #109
quote:
quote:
Thinking isn't the problem. That bloody rocket puzzle is insurmountable if you're tone deaf.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #110
Actually, having given it further thought, I believe that the worst game ever made was E.T. for the Atari 2600.
La Canaliste
Member # 5563
Profile #111
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

quote:
quote:
Thinking isn't the problem. That bloody rocket puzzle is insurmountable if you're tone deaf.

There's the solution in one of the books in the library.

I found the combat disappointing though.

--------------------
I am a pale shadow of the previous self.
quote:

Deep down, you know you should have voted for Alcritas!
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #113
I meant the first Myst. I do have Riven (2) and Revelation (4), but that only one I really liked was the first one.

When I got older I was able too solve the rocket puzzle by ear, but when I was younger I had to go to the library, draw the picture, and count the keys/panel notches. Though it can be done visually, it's a hassle and takes a long time.

In Myst 4 there is a puzzle where you have to listen to the mangree's(sp) calls and imitate them using three wheels, each producing a different tone. The object is to call each of the animals by name, and navigate them to four different tree nests, so as to put them in the proper locations to cause the comadile(sp) that is chasing you/them to fall in a pit. Once the comadile(sp) is in the pit you need to instruct the mangree(sp) to throw something at it, and knock it unconscious, thus allowing you to make your escape.

The puzzle is timed, and very sensitive. The animals only react to the exact turning of the wheels, and for the puzzle's final step you have only a split second to make your flawless move before having to start over. I had all the mangrees(sp) in their proper nests, and the game saved so I could try the last step a million times if need be. It never worked right. Worst puzzle ever; it didn't take intellect, but rather fast reaction time and an incredible ear; all the later Mysts are like that. Sorry for such a long rant, I had forgotten about that puzzle.

[ Wednesday, June 08, 2005 06:35: Message edited by: Azul ]

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #114
One of my favorite games are Age of Empires: Conquerers and Starcraft Brood War.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #115
quote:
Originally written by An Upright stranger:

Master of Magic by SimTex. A fantastic game after it was patched, although small in scale compared to modern games. You can download it from: Home of the Underdogs .
If are interested enough to look up that game, Master of Orion by SimTex is also worth investigating, also from Home of the Underdogs .

Master of Magic and Master of Orion are very fun. I downloaded them from some abandonware site a few years ago and like them a lot more than any of the modern games I was playing at the time.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #116
Well, I think I'll show you a site I really like for a few of their games, which are pretty good:

Classic Gaming Archive

Most if not all are freeware and, well, free for download with free membership.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #117
IMAGE(http://www.csd.uwo.ca/Infocom/zork.jpg)

How can you NOT know what Zork is? I'm willing to bet all my peanut M&M's that Zork was a strong influence in Jeff Vogel's game creation. After all, it was the first RPG created on a computer.

IMAGE(http://www.csd.uwo.ca/Infocom/Images/zork1l.jpg)
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #118
The original Myst took my breath away. It was the first time I'd ever seen 3D graphics, and it blew my mind that something so beautiful and amazing could be created in a computer.

Then Riven came out, and it was so much better. I realised that the original really was quite... I don't want to say lame, but certainly incomplete. In Myst, everything existed purely for puzzles. Some of those puzzles weren't bad, and the whole thing looked really nice, but there was definite room for improvement. Riven really was close to being as good as a Myst game could be. The puzzles fit within the logic of the world, and stuff had a good, sensible reason to be there rather than simply for the sake of puzzles, the world was less static, and it was even more spectacular.

Myst III... eh. Fun, but not great. I did like Dourif's performance, but the whole storyline felt too tacked-on to the other two, and it was pretty static for the bulk of the game, and somehow it just didn't feel as spectacular.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #119
quote:
Originally written by Smoked Salmon:

How can you NOT know what Zork is? I'm willing to bet all my peanut M&M's that Zork was a strong influence in Jeff Vogel's game creation. After all, it was the first RPG created on a computer.
Sorry. I was thinking of Zeek the Geek. Zeek was really little and had a big red hat.

--------------------

Polaris
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #120
Is MOM mac or pc?
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #121
quote:
Originally written by SprungSpring:

quote:
Originally written by Smoked Salmon:

Sorry. I was thinking of Zeek the Geek. Zeek was really little and had a big red hat.

I remember Zeek.

NO POINT TO THAT GAME

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #122
quote:

Is MOM mac or pc?
PC from here.

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain ___ ___ ___ I feel the same, I feel nothing
Nothing is important to me ___ ___ ___ ___ __ And nobody nowhere understands anything
About me and all my dreams lost at sea ___ __ But we’re not the same, we’re different tonight
We’ll make things right, we’ll feel it all tonight _ The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight ___ ____ ___ Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

Go All Blacks xtraMSN Rugby _ MuggleNet

Pages