Books! What're you reading?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Books! What're you reading?
BoE Posse
Member # 112
Profile #51
The Chamber, by John Grisham.

--------------------
Rate my scenarios!

Areni
Revenge
To Live in Fear
Deadly Goblins
Ugantan Nightmare
Isle of Boredom
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #52
Just finished The Stranger, the American translation. I plan to pick it up in French eventually.

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Warrior
Member # 4973
Profile #53
I recently finished reading The Simple Sounds of Freedom. Quite an interesting book, it's about the only American to fight for both the Americans and Russians in WW2.

--------------------
There are three kinds of people in the world: those who think, those who think they think, and those who would rather die than think.
Posts: 104 | Registered: Thursday, September 16 2004 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #54
quote:
Originally written by The Creator:

The Chamber, by John Grisham.
Ooo... good pick. I honestly enjoy all of his stuff. I've had friends (even teachers) criticize him, but i'mlikewtfok.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Warrior
Member # 4267
Profile Homepage #55
I just finished "The Hidden Face of God" a book about Molecular Biology, Quantum Physics, and Metaphysics, writen by a triple PH.d [I can't recal the third, the first are, quantum physics and molecular biology], qhabbalist. Its a very interesting read.

I'm starting on "Lost Discoveries", a book revealing the non euro-centric origins of science and technology.
The last peice of fiction I read, and enjoyed was "At Winter's End" a very good book.

--------------------
If everyone would just forgive someone else, so much pain would be taken off of all of our shoulders... but as tenderness is a virtue it is also a failing, any who would do such a thing usually fall to those who wouldn't. - Ezrah
Shock Trooper
Member # 2123
Profile #56
The Story of Philosophy, by Will Durant.
Joan of Arc, by Mark Twain.
Lord of the Flies, by William Golding

Good food for thought.

--------------------
With his last breath he took in more power then any Guardian could hold, then with a scream of pain and furry he unleashed it all to form a barrier betwen the Mantia and the Darkness.
Apprentice
Member # 5027
Profile #57
Hmm.. let me see.. im halfway through 'The Science of Discworld II: The Globe' quite an interesting book. Im also reading a non-fiction one called 'Battlegrounds' all about the geography of battlefields. I just finished reading the Matthew Reilly series (Ice Station, Scarecrow.. etc.. if you dont know the series, i really recommend it) and the Belgarid series by David Eddings about the third time.. good stuff..

--------------------
Diplomacy is telling someone to "Go to Hell" in such a way, they look forward to taking the trip.
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #58
Walked past a second hand bookshop today with £20 in my pocket. Left half an hour later £17.50 poorer with:

An Aethiopian History of Heliodorus (apparently the first full sized romance-novel, or possibly complete romance-novel. Something similarly esoteric.)
The Story of Burnt Njal (essentially a translation of Burnt Njal's Saga. Looks fairly literal to me. Old book, with the words on the spine rather faded. Really does look lovely.)
Plutarch's Makers of Rome (a selection of nine of his Lives. The title is something of a misnomer, since six of the nine characters included died as enemies of the Roman state.)
Geoffrey of Monmouth's History of the Kings of Britain (not normally my cup of tea, but I'm given to understand that a few bits aren't lies, it was only £3 and at least he's less loony than his Welsh influences.)
England Under the Tudors by G.R. Elton (my history course requires historiography. Bookshops and libraries are shamefully short of quality history books as a pose to the naff stuff accompanying TV shows or focusing on one obscure and uninteresting character. Secondhand bookshops are rather better, unless you're looking for something published after decimalisation.)

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
Apprentice
Member # 4391
Profile #59
Jonathon Coe - What A Carve Up!
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #60
Finished reading Elizabeth Moon's Trading In Danger, and Marque and Reprisal-- both are quick action packed science fiction, as well as the Dark Tower VII-- the illustrations by Michael Whelan for this book are truly fantastic. Reading a new book called The First Idea How Symbols, Language, and Intelligence Evolved From Our Primate Ancestors To Modern Humans by Stanley Greenspan and Stuart Shanker. This book is thick, heavy, slow, and full of ideas.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.

Pages