What Are You?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What Are You?
Infiltrator
Member # 1220
Profile Homepage #25
I'm mainly German few other things all European.

--------------------
Getapc
--------------------
The Flaming Sword of not perfict grammer has now become The Flaming Sword of Pretty Good Grammar.
--------------------
Warning pretty good grammar behind.▓
--------------------
A guy with not so perfict grammer has changed to A guy with pretty good grammar.
--------------------
I shortened my signature more.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #26
On one side, I am a hearty mix of Belarusian shtetl Jews and Irish Protestant (with a dash of Spanish from centuries ago). From the other side, I get lots of Austrian Jew.

?Alorael, who considers his Belarusian side more communist than Jewish. His great-grandmother came to America before Lenin's takeover and died after the breakup of the Soviet Union. She was only slightly Jewish, but she took her communism seriously.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 2494
Profile Homepage #27
Holy crap, ur practically the same as me! IMAGE(eek00000.gif) One side Belarusian/Polish Jew other side Austrian Jew/Italian.

--------------------
In a world of darkness, light is everywhere. You just have to look.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by spy.there:

quote:
from TM: Cracker
((
IMAGE(tongue01.gif) tasty?

WHY NOT HAVE A LICK?

--------------------
Rate My Scenarios!
Streila Spies
Unbalanced Accounts
Inn of Blades
Echoes
Echoes: Assault
Echoes: Black Horse
Echoes: Pawns
Bandits
Echoes: Combat/Skirmish
Two Strands
Bandits II: Ballad of the Red Star
Roses of Reckoning (BoE)
Corporeus
The Claim
Roses of Reckoning (BoA)
Nebulous Times Hence
Emerald Mountain
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #29
I'm European, pretty much.
You want to get specific, well, then things get tricky. Some indeterminate but dominant percentage Irish, about a quarter of some central European Jewish background (note: maternal grandmother), some indeterminate percentage Polish, and I believe Italian somewhere or another.
I've also got a branch of the family in the Carribean -- my father's great-uncle apparently married a black Venezuelan woman and settled down there. Which means that on the island we lived on, there were people with photographs of my great-great grandfather lying around.
My grandfather being Irish, well, I'm sure you know how he took this.

I've got a rant on specificity lying around, but I'll save it for later.

--------------------
AnamaFreak (3:59:56 AM): Shounen-ai to the MAX
...there really is nothing that can compare to hot gay sex with a mythological icon.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #30
I'm Irish. Both my mum and dad's parent's came from Ireland.

--------------------
Espresso hasn't been invented yet. That stinks.

Xian Skull-
Avernum 3
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #31
quote:
Originally written by Tentacle Monster Revolution:

WHY NOT HAVE A LICK?
IMAGE(wink0000.gif) <picks the packing and looks sceptical whether the product contains any gelatine or animal fat ...>

--------------------
^ö^ Vegetarians are sexy.
Solar power is the wave of the future.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #32
I'm Australian. If you want to look at little gritty details, that's half Malaysian with some Chinese in the ith generation, and English and Irish in the jth generation on the other side (where i and j are numbers I can't remember but are probably > 3)

[ Sunday, May 30, 2004 16:55: Message edited by: premonition ]

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Infiltrator
Member # 16
Profile #33
German on my mother's side with a smidgen of Irish, and an equal mix of Australian and New Zealand on my father's side.

--------------------
You know, Scorp, there's a good reason you're not a moderator any more.
Posts: 441 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #34
I see myself as Australian.

But to get technical on my mother's side the ascendents are mostly english/scottish.

My dad's side has croatian/irish roots with some french. The story goes that a couple of generations back a croatian man married a irish woman and migrated to Australia and changed their surname to something more english sounding.

--------------------
"Heads don't roll, they bounce!"

Want to find out how nasty you really are? visit:www.thespark.com now!

Also look at my site here
This is also a good site
Apprentice
Member # 3857
Profile #35
Spanish as far back as it's possible to know. But that means really nothing, spaniards are a mixture of many many races; like the US with a few more centuries of mixing.
Curious how americans care about these things IMAGE(smile000.gif)
Apprentice
Member # 3579
Profile #36
I'm made up of enemies. English and German, English and French, English and Irish, English and Scottish.

--------------------
Death is but a door, time is but a window, ill be back.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #37
quote:
Curious how americans care about these things
We're not the only ones. Look at France's last presidential election and tell me there are no ethnic tensions in Western Europe. For that matter, I seem to have heard about a rather dramatic opening of a mosque over in Granada, too. I would guess the ethnic Muslims of Spain consider it a big deal that their ethnicity has gained such recognition.

Still, America has had quite a history of racial tensions, probably worse than many places.

EDIT: The Zapatistas of Mexico and the Tibetans of China. Virtually every subgroup in all of Africa. Ethnic tensions flourish throughout the world. Your point is well-taken, though.

[ Sunday, May 30, 2004 23:48: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!! (The home of BoA's HLPM v1.1!)

Rate my scenarios!
Northern Kingdom 0: Prologue
High Level Party Maker
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3719
Profile Homepage #38
I'm white bread

--------------------
Scandalous Stories, fishing,and great photos
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #39
I am 1/2 American 1/2 Dutch. On my mother's side we've been here since the Mayflower (so I suppose technically you could say that my roots are English) and my father's parents imigrated from Holland in the '50s. On my paternal grandmother's side I have some French. Which means I am like the majority of us in being white.

--------------------
Need a pet? Need cheap labor? Buy a Moose!

Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 78% 44% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
La Canaliste
DELETED
Member # 21
Profile #40
*is human. Mostly*

--------------------
KazeArctica: Oh yes.
KazeArctica: Oh YES
One Thousand Slimy Things
Member # 66
Profile #41
Read my title

[ Monday, May 31, 2004 08:14: Message edited by: I am not responsible for my ]

--------------------
There was no happy ending.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #42
IMAGE(eek00000.gif) woo, the pure nature ...

--------------------
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #43
IMAGE(jerkcity.gif)

Roughly 1/2 French Canuck, 1/2 Irish. Some of the Canucks way up are pretty swarthy.

--------------------
Beatoff Valley: A story told out of order.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #44
Although I don?t tend to identify by race, and often express more than a little disgust at those ethnic minorities that feel the need to pigeonhole themselves with others of their race, I suppose there?s little harm in stating that I?m Indian ethnically. Alternatively, I'm part Aryan (Indo-European) and part Dravidian (the original, native race in India), although the exact percentages are, of course, quite unknown. The conquering of India by the Aryan invaders, which came as the Dravidian Indus Valley civilization was on its last legs, resulted in a rather thorough interbreeding process, by which the (somewhat) homogeneous Indian race was created. As the racial mixing was confined to areas that were frequented by Aryans, however, some isolated tribes of Dravidians were left alone, and to this day retain the African-like physical features of their Dravidian ancestors. Among Indians, light skin and straight hair are often thought to signify a largely Aryan racial composition, whereas curly hair and dark skin are seen as the result of greater Dravidian composition. Those of the highest castes tend to be lighter-skinned and more European in appearance than those of the lower castes, clearly the product of the caste system's initial purpose of keeping the conquered Dravidian people down. As the intermixing process was not quite even across the entirety of the massive Indian subcontinent, the inhabitants of certain regions tend to share certain regional physical characteristics. For example, most of the Indian immigrants I meet in America can tell right off that my parents, as well as all of my ancestors, are South Indians of the Brahmin caste from the state of Tamil Nadu, simply from a cursory examination of my appearance.

Appearance wise, I?m around a perfect mix between my mother and father, possessing my mother?s curly hair and large eyes, and my father?s height and lanky build. My skin color is an intermediate shade of yellowish-brown, a compromise between my mother?s deep rosy hue and my father?s dark brown color.

--------------------
Stughalf

"The death-knell of the republic had rung as soon as the active power became lodged in the hands of those who sought, not to do justice to all citizens, rich and poor alike, but to stand for one special class and for its interests as opposed to the interests of others."- Theodore Roosevelt, 1903.
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #45
White, American. As far as ancestry goes, it's some big secret on both sides of my family. The most I've able to determine is Irish (both sides agreeing to being "mostly" Irish), Scottish, English, some French, a little Dutch, a bit of Cherokee. I prefer to think of myself as a changeling despite my clear resemblance to several family members. IMAGE(biggrin1.gif) I have no idea what they're trying to hide. Must be something really bad, because my family often seems perversely proud of bad things they've done.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #46
Half Japanese, Half American. My mom's side is pure Okinawan, and my Dad's side has 1/2 German from his mom, and I don't know his dad's side.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote

Newage3 - Insanitatious Fun in a Browser!
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #47
quote:
Originally written by spy.there:

quote:
Originally written by Tentacle Monster Revolution:

WHY NOT HAVE A LICK?
IMAGE(wink0000.gif) <picks the packing and looks sceptical whether the product contains any gelatine or animal fat ...>

MY ONLY FAT IS MY BIG FAT--

DIE MASCHINE SCHÜTZT DICH

--------------------
Rate My Scenarios!
Streila Spies
Unbalanced Accounts
Inn of Blades
Echoes
Echoes: Assault
Echoes: Black Horse
Echoes: Pawns
Bandits
Echoes: Combat/Skirmish
Two Strands
Bandits II: Ballad of the Red Star
Roses of Reckoning (BoE)
Corporeus
The Claim
Roses of Reckoning (BoA)
Nebulous Times Hence
Emerald Mountain
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #48
Yum, cracker. Where's the peanut butter?
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #49
IMAGE(biggrin1.gif) don't provoke it, Dareva, they could close the topic ...

--------------------

Pages