The profound sigh...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The profound sigh...
Apprentice
Member # 4427
Profile #0
Well, it’s been a while… does anyone here still remember the good old days? The days of the Miscellaneous Forum? Where once a great RPG (started, by the way, by me) raged its way across a multitude of screens and through the minds of many. Does anyone here still remember what we once had. But alas, it’s all gone. Because of a lack of space it was put down, because a lack of grace it was never brought back… I moment of silence, I ask, for a once great forum that could have been. But sadly never will be again… Who’s is with me? Who remembers what once we had?

[ Tuesday, May 25, 2004 19:39: Message edited by: archangelo ]
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #1
What is it with random newbies and waxing nostalgic about Misc, anyway? :rolleyes:

--------------------
AnamaFreak (3:59:56 AM): Shounen-ai to the MAX
...there really is nothing that can compare to hot gay sex with a mythological icon.
Apprentice
Member # 4427
Profile #2
Random newbe...gasp... I am hurt... truly. Mic. is missed because when it went under so did so many of this boards inhabitants. I am Mung, if you must know. Although, I happened to forget my password... my mistake. I havn't been around for a while. Ask TM, or Saunders, or that Skribbane adict Alorael...hardest name to ever spell by the way. So please, don't call me a newbe, I resent if not resemble that... And I was always philosophical...
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #3
Meh. I stuck around.

--------------------
AnamaFreak (3:59:56 AM): Shounen-ai to the MAX
...there really is nothing that can compare to hot gay sex with a mythological icon.
Apprentice
Member # 4427
Profile #4
True, although, you changed your name to your signature. Can you seriously say that nothing has changed. That this is still the same carefree happy place that it was when Misc. was alive and well? Alright, maybe that was a little extreme, but it wasn't any worse off, do you agree?
I mean, a part, beyond being the only forum with no real point, that it was downed was because it was one of the largest of boards. My RPG was (I belive) the largest post with several hundred replies... so ya see, good times...

[ Tuesday, May 25, 2004 20:22: Message edited by: archangelo ]
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #5
I've been to the closed Misc boards, and I must say they look pretty much like General does these days. An online community and its postage follows natural laws, and taking a forum away will only cause another board to take its place.

If this board is closed, I bet you that within two months, Technical Problems is going to look like it... IMAGE(tongue00.gif)

--------------------
Visit The Santharian Dream and its RP board. Or the Encyclopaedia Ermariana!
Got a brain? Go to Polaris!
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
To a conspiracy for downfall and desperance
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey (freely translated)
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by archangelo:

True, although, you changed your name to your signature.
That's Alec, not BtI. He just has a quote from BtI in his sig.

--------------------
I'd be tender, I'd be gentle
And awful sentimental
Regarding love and art
I'd be friends with the sparrows
And the boy who shoots the arrows,
If I only had a heart.
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #7
I remember Mung, anyway.

And two things:

1) While the Join Us RP was a definite high point of Misc, we've had equally good RPs on General since (Balthazar and the Imperial Succession one, certainly).

2) There's nothing about Misc that we really want back that much. At least, I can't think of anything.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Apprentice
Member # 4427
Profile #8
Ahh, I see your point Arancaytar... General has come to resemble Misc. So, I suppose things will survive. Granted, it's not as random as Misc. where there was a deffinate method to the madness. but still, order has it merits as well.
Alec... hmmm. I think I remember him... not to friendly was he? Or could he not take a joke? either way those two sentences just screwed me now didn't they:) I seem to remmeber him not being overly friendly...
Omlette... you remember me? Thanks for that much, at least. That RPG was a combination of several months of writing on my part and almost as much thought. It eventually expanded into a much larger site... which saddly was shut down when the friend who owned it decided that an RPG on his site detracted from the overal site... so shut me down. I'm pleased to say that after that his site died as well...so ha...
And the only thing about Misc. that was really appealing was its total and complete lack of confomity to anything normal. IT was the most random thing possible. THat in its self was amusing... add the people and it turns into something altogether like a house on fire... screams, people running about waveing their hands in the air, and... oddly enough... a bit of wetness...hmmm... IMAGE(smile000.gif)
Any chance that we woule be starting one of those so greatly respected RPG's?
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #9
Hey dude - it's just a forum, and "general" seems to do the job, so no worries! IMAGE(smile000.gif) Que sera, sera, sunrise, sunset, etc.

For what it's worth, I'm happy to have joined this community here, religio-political disagreements aside. IMAGE(wink0000.gif)

Word.

[ Wednesday, May 26, 2004 07:40: Message edited by: Andrew Miller ]
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #10
Unless I am of the extremely mistaken variety, there IS an RP that will likely soon emerge.

Ah yes, take a look at this: RP in the planning. by MSW, about just over half-way down. If MSW starts it that could be a fairly good one.

--------------------
I like to say quack because I can, I like to say moooo because I can, but I don't like saying ergle flmp because I can never pronounce phenomenon first try.

In conclusion, quack, moooo and phenonemenonmenonnon... Oh Poo.

http://s4.invisionfree.com/Ultimate_RP/index.php Try it!
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #11
Welcome back Mung. Don't worry, General is weird enough IMAGE(smile000.gif)
<considering, why he calls himself archangelo. Maybe an Italian?>

FBM, what happend to the RP "around the body ..." from Sherlock Holmes? Was it closed?

edit: sorry ADoS, of course it was your Microspider. I liked it and could hardly resist to take part. But my English is too poor.

[ Wednesday, May 26, 2004 13:22: Message edited by: spy.there ]

--------------------
^ö^ Vegetarians are sexy.
Solar power is the wave of the future.
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #12
It was started by me, actually. I left it because it was sagging mightily. I don't know what happened to it afterward.
By the way, does anyone have "Around the world in however long it takes!" archived?

--------------------
My BoE graphics archive is finally getting started! Yay! I hope you like my graphics.My BoE Graphics
An absurdly fun Flash game- Refridgerator Raid!
---------
The Lyceum- A board for BoE. Yes it is. Really. Stop staring at me! Stop it, I say! Oh, sorry...
Apprentice
Member # 4427
Profile #13
Just a forum... well, you right, as long as the principle lives on. Dust begot dust and unto dust, right?
Thank you for the welcome Spy... Do I know you?
<He himself wonders where the angel came from, maybe it's simply a fasination with that above him, or that with powers beyond him. Yet, his faith is in fate rather then any true power, therefore he does not know. But the Ego is obvious:)>
Agent
Member # 464
Profile #14
Ah, mung is back. Hello, good to see you.

--------------------
You go girl!
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher. - Ambrose Bierce
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #15
I remember mung. And it's true what they say about absences. Comparatively, at least.

--------------------
"I particularly like the part where he claims not to know what self-aggrandisement means, then demands more wing-wongs up his virgin ass"
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #16
quote:
Originally written by archangelo:

Thank you for the welcome Spy... Do I know you?
No, I'm just a friendly newb.

IMAGE(smile000.gif) )
((())

--------------------
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #17
welcome back mung! IMAGE(biggrin0.gif)

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #18
Welcome back! What member number did you have Mung?

Happy 400th post spy!

--------------------
For Ancelot
the ancient cross of war
for the holy town of gods
Gloria, gloria perpetua
in this dawn of victory

The one and only StD!

33111-CRUSADER-4849
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #19
Oh, yeah. Mung did start Join Us. I can't really remember anything else he did, but creating probably the first cool RP on Spidweb in my memory is a pretty big thing.

Also, add the New Silvar Inn to the list of good RPs since then - it lasted forever and did well for a long time, even if it ended poorly.
Apprentice
Member # 4427
Profile #20
Hello Undine, I seem to remember you:) So many people have changed their names, it's hard to tell.
Speaking of which, all those who remember me, please tell me your old names. Sorry about that but it's been a while, as I said.
Anyone ever noticed that friendly NewBees can be in short supply. Whos fault would that be? The newbees for being stuborn and annoying, or the oldees for being...well, old?
As for my number... I really wish I knew... I'll find out in a bit...
And thanks Imban, for the compliment as well as the laps of memory:) I remember you too. But I suppose bad memory really isn't to bad. It's said that the forgetful get the better of even their blunders, no?
Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #21
Hey, Mung! I remember you! I'm Robinator. You know, that guy who was, you know, there. At the Misc. Boards. At Ikonboard. The newbie. Remember?

--------------------
Always remember you're unique. Just like everyone else.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #22
Hey, Mung! Welcome back! Yes, the Join Us RP was a Spiderweb landmark, and for that you will be remembered forever. Or for a little while. The rest of the day, at least.

?Alorael, who will give you one guess to figure out who he is.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #23
quote:
Originally written by Black Griffon aka. StD:

Happy 400th post spy!
Oh thank you. I did not even notice it.
But I saw, that you are the only member in Dolney's Trash Heap IMAGE(tongue00.gif)

--------------------
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #24
Spy's new, Mung, you wouldn't remember her. I remember you, and you might remember me as (one of) the catalyst(s) in the old Misc flame wars... I'm Sir David, in case you didn't know. Welcome back. I remember you for a series of name changes, and that's about it... but starting good RPs is always nice.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

In case of emergency, break glass.

Pages