RP in the planning.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: RP in the planning.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #0
I am planning an RP, but I need to know when I should post it. I feel that people are occupied with the archiving right now, and now isn't a good time. When is the right time?

--------------------
(Looks around in the Study)
Colonel Mustard: "Just checking."
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #1
That all depends. What's it about?

--------------------
AnamaFreak (3:59:56 AM): Shounen-ai to the MAX
...there really is nothing that can compare to hot gay sex with a mythological icon.
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #2
I'm intrigued but as someone has already said what is it about?

--------------------
"Heads don't roll, they bounce!"

Want to find out how nasty you really are? visit:www.thespark.com now!

Also look at my site here
This is also a good site
Shock Trooper
Member # 3719
Profile Homepage #3
Yeah, what's it gonna be IMAGE(smile000.gif)

--------------------
Scandalous Stories, fishing,and great photos
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #4
I told Sir David, but he kind of discouraged me. I came up with it off the top of my head, and he told me it sounded very similar to the Geneforge plot.

What bugs me is the fact that I never played Geneforge and already the plot idea has been taken. Further more, I never played any of the Avernum games either, so if any of my ideas sound similar, it is pure coincidence.

I was considering a rescue party/investigating expedition type of RP in a place I created in my mind. The main plot is that an overcrowded country sends out a group of people to make a colony in an adjoining continent deemed ideal for settlement. The potential area is called the Valley of Thunder from the rumbling heard there by countless expeditions that have passed through it mapping the territory.

The colony group disappears without warning and the only one left to tell the tale is a single young man who was working among a group of couriers between the first continent and the sparsely explored new one. He makes it back to the first continent mortally wounded, but is still able to tell some of his tale before he dies. The king advertises for a group of adventurers to go in, find out what happened to the original settlers, and make the way safe for future colonists.

I hope that is a worthwhile plot. I assure you that the only plot I might be stealing from perhaps is the movie, Aliens. But that didn't enter my mind until I started writing this summary.

--------------------

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #5
Sounds fun. I don't really RP, but it sounds fun.

EDIT: NM about the second half of this post. I figured it out. But MSW, the Avernums are the same as the Exiles in terms of plot.

[ Sunday, May 23, 2004 21:03: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!! (The home of BoA's HLPM v1.1!)

Rate my scenarios!
Northern Kingdom 0: Prologue
High Level Party Maker
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Sherlock Holmes:

What bugs me is the fact that I never played Geneforge and already the plot idea has been taken. Further more, I never played any of the Avernum games either, so if any of my ideas sound similar, it is pure coincidence.
You haven't played any of the Avernums, which are basically Exile remakes? Does that also mean you haven't played them Exiles either? Now why ever did you join here? IMAGE(tongue00.gif)

Though, it's good that you asked about the RP. I've had odd thoughts about RPs lately, like me joining in one... (even if I'm not exactly a great RPer. How else would I learn, anyway?)
It would be nice, I guess.

EDIT: Damn, you beat me to it, Kel.

[ Sunday, May 23, 2004 21:04: Message edited by: Corrupted Cheater ]

--------------------
"It won't do any good, Garion. I had you once, and I can take you again any time I want to. You're not strong enough to refuse me." - Asharak the murgo (Pawn of Prophecy, by Eddings)

My Homepage - Geneforge - My Elfwood Gallery - WannabeCool Forums
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Warrior
Member # 1856
Profile Homepage #7
Sounds like an awesome RP to me...

--------------------
Please visit the RP Paridise. rgf-network!

The chance of someone looking at you is directly proportonal to the stupidity of your act.

The idea is not to give your life for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #8
I have played all of the Exile series, except for Blades of Exile, but that's all. I didn't grow up playing games a lot like many of the people here. I didn't even have the internet until June of last year, so computer games more difficult than the Exile series are too hard for me to comprehend.

I made an attempt to try the Avernum series and didn't make it past the party creating screen because I got too confused. I'm just not into games like I used to be. You can't hold that against me.

--------------------

Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #9
I'm sure no one will.

--------------------
"It won't do any good, Garion. I had you once, and I can take you again any time I want to. You're not strong enough to refuse me." - Asharak the murgo (Pawn of Prophecy, by Eddings)

My Homepage - Geneforge - My Elfwood Gallery - WannabeCool Forums
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #10
It sounds like it has enough potential to last for a while at least. The archiving is done now, so why don't you just start the RP in a new thread now.

--------------------
Need a pet? Need cheap labor? Buy a Moose!

Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 78% 44% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #11
I will. But I have to work on a few more details. I don't want it to sound like another Zombie Attack RP.

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #12
Well, my RP story is done now. I have to wait for Arancaytar to make the map, which may take a few days, as he needs to read the email first. I told him I would do it, but when I tried, I was so stressed out from indecision that I wanted to rip my hair out.

I have given a few people sneak previews of my RP to see if they thought it was any good, and I have gotten good reviews so far from Omlette, Drakefyre, Arancaytar, and Premonition. IMAGE(cool0000.gif) I must give credit to Premonition and Arancaytar for providing editing and additional ideas for this RP, and giving plenty of moral support. IMAGE(smile000.gif) If anyone would like to see the finished RP ahead of time to prepare a character or just to decide whether or not they want to be in it, PM me and I will email or PM it to you.

And I want to make it clear right now. There will be absolutely NO god-modding in this RP. I did it in RPs in the past when I first started and I am quite sorry for ruining them. I have learned from those mistakes since then. I found out what it was like to have people tearing an RP apart through god-modding when it happened to my Tumbleweed RP. I refuse to let that happen again. And to keep it from happening I am asking the moderators to help monitor it.

If you want to be in this RP, the rules will be followed this time.

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #13
My fault, I should have explained the other facts about the RP. It takes place at a Medievil sort of time. So no guns and no cannons.

Also, it will be an RP consisting of only humans. So no creatures. Unless someone of course would like to be the Demon. And I'm sorry Zephyr, no offense to you, but I want somone more experienced to be the Demon leader. If in fact we choose to have anyone play that character at all. And perhaps survivors of the colony will be up for grabs as well. I will talk it over with Arancaytar, Premonition, Omlette, and Drakefyre as to whether or not I should have them available as character roles.

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #14
I didn't even WANT to be the demon leader.

And by human you mean no mutations, no ability to mutate/transform, no seemingly inhuman abilities, right?

Because I don't like having a completely normal human.

--------------------
Entertaining songs !Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 200 computers: read more!
"AH-CHOO!"
-George Washington
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #15
Then be a potato.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

In case of emergency, break glass.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #16
Yes, that's what I meant. Unlike the Exile games, my created world has no other types of humanoid creatures. Just humans, and beyond that, no mutating humans either. Sorry. I am being very strict about this RP to make sure it exists without insults being thrown around because of people's characters being silly or unreasonable.

You could always be a human with chaotic rage like my Schostas character was. That's where injury and pain become nulled when in the rage. The character fights like a mad man and only feels the pain after calming down. However, that doesn't make him able to kill everything in his path. He has definite limits and can be killed. And it takes certain things to trigger that rage, as it does not just happen on its own.

A character with chaotic rage I will allow, but no mutating characters. If you practice with a normal character now, perhaps you will get better at it. I know I did. Besides, I am planning a Lord of the Rings type of RP for in the future.

You could always be a dwarf though, like in the Lord of the Rings movie. They would exist in the world this RP takes place on. Just don't make him someone with a boomerang battle-axe. An ordinary battle-axe will do. But no elves though...I'll save that for the Lord of the Rings type of RP.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #17
quote:
Originally written by Lady Davida:

Then be a potato.
Dave, you made my day. No, make that my week.

And Zephyr, the reason you dislike normal characters is because you always want your character to be capable of being a one-man army. Normal people have to work as part of a team, or they accomplish nothing, except their own deaths. If you were prepared to try a character who wasn't capable of doing everything, and so had to co-operate with other characters and sometimes sit out the odd fight, you might even find RPing became more interesting for you. Think about it.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #18
quote:
Originally written by Omlette:

And Zephyr, the reason you dislike normal characters is because you always want your character to be capable of being a one-man army.
-E-

No, that's not the reason. I'm just different...very different. And if you say that's no reason to have an abnormal character, I said very different.

--------------------
Entertaining songs !Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 200 computers: read more!
"AH-CHOO!"
-George Washington
Warrior
Member # 1856
Profile Homepage #19
I cant wait, I would love to play!

--------------------

The chance of someone looking at you is directly proportonal to the stupidity of your act.

The idea is not to give your life for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #20
So it's just a co-incidence that every one of your characters since for ever has been a one-man army? Well, maybe. But still, try creating a character who's only good at one thing, where that one thing is not using an infinite-ammo-crossbow-of-death, or some such.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #21
Hmm... this does sound very interesting. An RP with actual normal (relatively speaking of course) human characters...

Count me in!

--------------------
I like to say quack because I can, I like to say moooo because I can, but I don't like saying ergle flmp because I can never pronounce phenomenon first try.

In conclusion, quack, moooo and phenonemenonmenonnon... Oh Poo.

http://s4.invisionfree.com/Ultimate_RP/index.php Try it!
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #22
Is magic allowed? Within reason of course; there would be no tearing down of walls and whatnot. Just the kind of spells you could expect from Exile. (fireballs, hasting, ice walls, poison)

[ Thursday, May 27, 2004 10:22: Message edited by: Archmage Alex ]

--------------------
Need a pet? Need cheap labor? Buy a Moose!

Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 78% 44% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #23
This doesn't sound bad for an RP. I don't normally like character based RPs that much, but I've got time to waste right now, so I'll probably give it a go.

--------------------
"I particularly like the part where he claims not to know what self-aggrandisement means, then demands more wing-wongs up his virgin ass"
Warrior
Member # 1856
Profile Homepage #24
quote:
Originally written by Your Unborn Child:

This doesn't sound bad for an RP. I don't normally like character based RPs that much, but I've got time to waste right now, so I'll probably give it a go.
What do you mean? how can there be a charecter-less RP? how can you have a story without people. You may have to explain yourself...

--------------------

Pages