US Conflict Avatars!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: US Conflict Avatars!
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #25
premonition gets Finland, which, in fighting the Soviet Union, was a technical part of the Axis for much of the second World War.
IMAGE(fi-map00.gif)

VWM gets South Korea, a fascist state propped up by the US to prevent communists from dominating the Peninsula. During the course of the war, South Korea was left in ruins and the US came very close to a nuclear war.
IMAGE(ks-map00.gif)

Kelandon is now Cuba, a country whose history of US abuse stretches back centuries. Southern slavepowerists made continual moves to annex it; after the War, it became virtually a US puppet state, with several bloody civil wars prompting the public response necessary for fruit and sugar interests to mobilize in 1898. A war with many terrifying parallels to that in 2003, the Spanish-American war has been well-documented and needs no mentioning. The resultant government was a corrupt US puppet dictatorship; a popular communist revolution caused the US to sit on the country economically, miring it in miserable poverty in spite of its relative successes.

IMAGE(cu-map00.gif)

STD is become Guatemala, where a democratic leftist government was crushed in the early 50s, giving ample fuel to more extremist communist governments in the area which would last decades.

IMAGE(gt-map00.gif)

Stughalf gets Iraq, where a politician had the middle-east's most fertile, historic, and densely-populated region cluster-bombed; a year later, said politician expressed indignance at torture of individual citizens of this area, and for some reason, people bought it.

IMAGE(iz-map00.gif)

[ Saturday, May 22, 2004 09:18: Message edited by: Sir Psycho Custer ]

--------------------
AnamaFreak (3:59:56 AM): Shounen-ai to the MAX
...there really is nothing that can compare to hot gay sex with a mythological icon.
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #26
Hmm :/. Why couldn't I have gotten Finland? Mind you, that is just a rhetorical question. It would have been more logical, anyway.

--------------------
"It won't do any good, Garion. I had you once, and I can take you again any time I want to. You're not strong enough to refuse me." - Asharak the murgo (Pawn of Prophecy, by Eddings)

My Homepage - Geneforge - My Elfwood Gallery - WannabeCool Forums
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #27
I get Iraq and Finland? Mind you, I'm honored, but perhaps someone else ought to get one of those.

--------------------
Stughalf

"The death-knell of the republic had rung as soon as the active power became lodged in the hands of those who sought, not to do justice to all citizens, rich and poor alike, but to stand for one special class and for its interests as opposed to the interests of others."- Theodore Roosevelt, 1903.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #28
*jedi hand wave* What are you talking about? You only got Iraq.

--------------------
...there really is nothing that can compare to hot gay sex with a mythological icon.
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #29
Ah, he cheats. I like him.

--------------------
"It won't do any good, Garion. I had you once, and I can take you again any time I want to. You're not strong enough to refuse me." - Asharak the murgo (Pawn of Prophecy, by Eddings)

Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #30
Is there ever going to be another Misc. Board around here? Not that I don't enjoy being in General, it's just that I'd like a place to legally loaf around in.

Meh. Maybe if I stick around here long enough, I'll get my very own avatar. *is hopeful*

--------------------
Always remember you're unique. Just like everyone else.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #31
I wish I could have an avatar...

--------------------
Espresso hasn't been invented yet. That stinks.

Xian Skull-
Avernum 3
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #32
Hmm, it's like a mini history lesson. Wonder what countries are left.
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #33
Well... Norway to name one...
A very famous writer, who was also a nazi was from there, and the US conducted a training campaign thing in the sea right where I live.
They lost one of their 80 million yellow submarines there, and they still havent found it IMAGE(biggrin0.gif)

--------------------
For Ancelot
the ancient cross of war
for the holy town of gods
Gloria, gloria perpetua
in this dawn of victory

The one and only StD!

33111-CRUSADER-4849
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #34
Maybe if I sit here quietly, when other work is done, I will get an avatar.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #35
***sends diplomatic note of the green party with the petition, not to forget those countries, which are inadvertently abused by the U.S.A.
For example Tuvalu, which disappears slowly in the sea due to the climatic collapse.

--------------------
^ö^ Vegetarians are sexy.
Solar power is the wave of the future.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #36
spy.there is Indonesia, for which the pacific theatre of WW2 was almost definitely fought. The US fought valiantly to prevent Japan from taking imperial overlordship of this large colony from the Netherlands. Today Indonesia is best-known for its sweatshops, exploited by the US, and its immigrants, detested by Australia.

IMAGE(id-map00.gif)

Dareva is Greenland, which the US practically seized in contravention of international law -- to grant free access to all US intervention indefinitely -- to prevent it from falling into German hands in spite of unconditional Danish surrender and official US 'neutrality'. After the war, the US continued to hold Greenland as an anti-Soviet toehold in spite of the people of that country considering themselves Danes by birth.

IMAGE(gl-map00.gif)

Slasher is Libya, one of many countries the US has bombed without an official declaration of war.
IMAGE(http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/maps/ly-map.gif)

Robin is East Timor, the invasion of which by Indonesia the US gave tacit support for a decade and only reversed a few years ago.

IMAGE(tt-map00.gif)

[ Saturday, May 22, 2004 20:21: Message edited by: Sir Psycho Custer ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #37
Thank you, Sir. Much obliged.
For Carnage, Apply Within
Member # 95
Profile #38
*waves hello*

--------------------
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #39
*wants a home too*

--------------------
Polaris
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #40
Give one to Khoth and Otus too.

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #41
*smacks the part of him that says this is stupid, and raises hand*

What? I'm interested in history, that's all.

EDIT: And having a crime against humanity attached to one's name is also very tempting.

[ Sunday, May 23, 2004 01:24: Message edited by: Seaweed ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #42
quote:
Originally written by Octarine:

Hmm :/. Why couldn't I have gotten Finland?
Mwuhahaha.
IMAGE(smile001.gif)

I love being a technicality.

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #43
Which coutry/province/state/continent will I get?

--------------------
Entertaining songs !Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 200 computers: read more!
"AH-CHOO!"
-George Washington
Infiltrator
Member # 4389
Profile Homepage #44
You bloody anti-patriots. I want one.

--------------------
It is Rosycat, obviously.

"This was like having Arctic, Thuryl, Khoth, TM, and Scorpius with me naked in a broom closet full of tentacles"
- Sir Motrax

Polaris
My BoE graphics
njinje_njintje@hotmail.com[/url] wants to hear from YOU!
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #45
IS THAT LIKE WICCA

--------------------
Beatoff Valley: A story told out of order.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #46
I want a land to call my own, whether or not the locals agree!

?Alorael, who feels greatly eddified by these quick history lessons. He also knows who to bomb first now!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 14
Profile #47
Damn you, Alec. I wasn't supposed to pop back into this board for at least another month, and now you've gone and made me do it early.

--------------------
Dragyn Bob

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here!"-The Divine Comedy
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #48
Indonesian avatar points to the forthcoming presidental elections at 5th of July. PRESIDENTIAL COMPETITION:
- Megawati Soekarnoputri, candidate of the Democratic Party PDI-P and current president
- Rachmawati Soekarnoputri
- Sukamawati Soekarnoputri, Mrs. Megawati's younger sisters
- Akbar Tanjung, chairman of Golkar Party, was convicted of corruption in September 2002 and is now awaiting the outcome of an appeal to the Supreme Court.
- General Wiranto, Golkar Party, former military chief, who has been indicted for war crimes in connection with the 1999 violence which marred East Timor's independence vote.
- Amien Rais, leader of the National Mandate Party (PAN), was one of the leading figures of the reform movement at the time of President Suharto's fall from power. However, his popularity has since waned.
- Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, democrat, senior security minister, who recently left his office and suddently won popularity for that.

The choice might become exciting because people want change. They are tired of Megawati's government and want something better. On 5th of May won Golkar - the party of the former dictator Suharto - the parliamentary elections.
Mrs. Megawati, the daughter of state founder Soekarno, didn't succeed to calm down domestic riots. Her government has failed to push through promised reforms, while corruption remains rampant and unemployment is rising. Calls for a strong leader are heard.
The 5th of July will be a run between the conservative Golkar (General Wiranto) and the democrats (Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono). It could be crucial, which vice-president the candidates will nominate.
More details on this BBC report
IMAGE(smile001.gif) I-avatar thanks for the honour and checks the sweatshop-thing within useful period.
quote:
IS THAT LIKE WICCA
Djur, aproximately yes.

--------------------
^ö^ Vegetarians are sexy.
Solar power is the wave of the future.
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #49
I wonder what country I'll end up with? Probably some crazily random country such as Luxembourg which solely exists to serve as an interesting political curio.

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ignignok

Pages