For all the English kniggets out there...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: For all the English kniggets out there...
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #25
Herbal tea sags to an extreme, in my mind. It's annoyingly weak, very often contains citrus and other fruity flavors, which ought never to come into play where tea is concerned, and is simply nothing more than a bland middle ground. I say either go for a cup of real, powerful tea, or a glass of refreshing fruit juice or lemonade.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain - at least in a poor country like Russia - and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect." - Leon Trotsky
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #26
*sips his grape soda absent-mindedly*

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #27
I'm an herbal tea drinker. Black tea is too bitter for me, but herbal tea can add just a bit of taste and sweetness to a cup of hot water. I'm not really a habitual drinker, though. Most of what I drink is plain old room temperature water.

—Alorael, who dislikes hot fruit juices. They have too strong a taste, usually. Cooling them down makes them more palatable, probably because a cold tongue is too busy being numb to report taste.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #28
Six points from England:
1) Hi I'm English (duh!)
2) Nooo way. Gunners rule. And we're gonna win the league, how do I know this? Weeeell, we're 9 points clear and are unbeaten this season.
3) How can any of you drink tea? It tastes like gnat's piss to me.
4) Don't have a point four
5) Chickens
6) Ribbit.

Ta-ta for now chappies!

--------------------
I like to say quack because I can, I like to say moooo because i can, but i don't like saying ergle flmp because I can never pronounce phenomenon first try.

In conclusion, quack, moooo and phenonemenonmenonnon... Oh Poo.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3801
Profile Homepage #29
I agree ewith Stug. herbal teas are quite weak, even with milk and honey and 3 tea bags. Green tea is healthy and good for you, but not exactly good tasting since it doesn't really have a taste at all. I like rasberry and lemon.
And I am a quarter scotish also, Daedelus.

--------------------
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Take a chance at the Chance Forums!
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #30
I've probably got a bit myself. I know a famous Scotsman, but that doesn't really count.

In my non-so-humble opinion, coffee and tea should not exist. Both taste disgusting, and while the smell of coffee is very pleasant (from a distance), the odor of tea just makes me sick. I have a friend who exists on iced tea, and the rest of my family drinks both coffee and tea in large quantities, but I can't stand the stuff. I'm definitely with Omlette on this one, although I much prefer warm milk to warm water (do you actually drink hot water? The only water I drink is cold, for good reason).

If I were forced to drink one of the two, it would be coffee, mainly for the smell. Frappacinos (sp?) aren't bad, and I like coffee-flavored yogurt/candy/popsicles/whatever, but a cup of coffee with milk and sugar would really be a cup of milk and sugar with coffee, if I had anything to do with it.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Incaseofemergency,breakglass.
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #31
Further proof that Sir David is an aberration.

I'm not British, but I drink several cups of tea every night. I suppose it's meant to counterbalance the several cups of coffee every morning.

Coffee only tastes bad if you're drinking bad coffee. Sadly, that's mostly what you get in the US (and, I'm told, Britain). French roasts are my favorite.

I like my coffee same way I like my men -- black and strong.

I drink chai tea sometimes, but my great love is green tea.

--------------------
You are my precious thing
Thing of speed and beauty,
You are my precious thing
As long as you remain beneath me
-- Big Black
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #32
one cup of coffee in the morning is usually enough to keep me awake through, oh, two thirds of my Physics class, which happens to be just about the first thing in the morning.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Shock Trooper
Member # 4000
Profile Homepage #33
Might as well say something...

Herbal Tea is good. Coffee is good. Fruit juice is good. Gatorade is better. Pop/soda is nasty. Water is satisfactional. Vodka is disgusting. Wine is okay. Beer can go into the pop/soda category. Vegetable juice is ... um ... vegetable juice. Anything I've missed I never really drank before...

--------------------
-TEH BOOGEYMAN STRIKES AGAIN

--------------------

And then there's always a Chance nearby...
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #34
Gatorade? Ugh. If I truly wanted to partake of human sweat, I would do so. Of course, I'm no athlete, and not even a fairly active person, so a glass of salty, artificial liquid has very little draw.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain - at least in a poor country like Russia - and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect." - Leon Trotsky
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #35
Arsenal were way ahead at this point last season too. Just wait until your unbeaten run comes crashing down at Blackburn. We did the double on you last year, and with odds at 38-1, it's just too good to pass up.

[ Thursday, March 04, 2004 02:03: Message edited by: Drakefyre ]

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #36
I drink tea a lot--er, when I have some tea. We don't get it here often. But when I do, I use it up in about an hour. I like it with milk, but no sugar, because the sugar just clumps at the bottom, even if I stir it.. I do like Green Tea with Honey. Good.

--Jonnie Zahndi Zolohahni

--------------------
Professor Frost gives me ideas.
Professor Frost has many an eye.
Professor Frost always foils my plans.
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #37
How dare you mention the evil "A" word on here!!! Arsenal need to be kicked!!!
And about 20 cups of proper tea a day doesme fine.

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Warrior
Member # 1229
Profile #38
I lived in London for 5 years... one third of my life so far... does that count? IMAGE(For all the English kniggets out there (2)_files/biggrin.gif)

Also, I myself fancy black tea. And mint. Mint is sometimes good.
Apprentice
Member # 4025
Profile Homepage #39
quote:
Originally written by Spongiform Stug:

Gatorade? Ugh. If I truly wanted to partake of human sweat, I would do so. Of course, I'm no athlete, and not even a fairly active person, so a glass of salty, artificial liquid has very little draw.
Amazing! You managed to have an English accent, even online! IMAGE(For all the English kniggets out there (2)_files/wink.gif)

--------------------
All hail to me, for my best time in MineSweeper is 150 :)
The Supreme Rule
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #40
Stughalf... is American.
And Indian. No British, I don't think.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #41
Nope, no British at all, not a bit. I am indeed American, born and bred, although by heritage I'm entirely Indian, my parents having immigrated in 1969.

--------------------
Stughalf

BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #42
By heritage WE ARE ALL NEGROES

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #43
Some-one dares insult Arsenal(!) Well dang ye all, just because I support my local! Cor Blimey! However correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we win last season as well? Blackburn?! Pfaugh!

--------------------
I like to say quack because I can, I like to say moooo because i can, but i don't like saying ergle flmp because I can never pronounce phenomenon first try.

Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #44
Umm ... no. ManUre caught you at the end. And we did the double on you - maybe your selective memory helps with that.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #45
I got quite keen on turkish tea when I first tasted it, so I drink very much turkish apple tea. But Earl Grey is not too bad either. IMAGE(For all the English kniggets out there (2)_files/wink.gif)

Keen, isnt that the kind of word your grandparents used? IMAGE(For all the English kniggets out there (2)_files/rolleyes.gif)

--------------------
Crom!
No
Beat

I HATE 1337!!!
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #46
Okay! Okay! So what if I have the memory for unimportant things of a goldfish? Still, 9 points clear, an unbeaten run, less than a dozen games to go, Henry back from injury and the FA Cup all but in the bag. And we're doing pretty well in the internationals this season aswell. So much for the Chelsea "Dream Team" AND we thrased Man U when we played them last. Hey, it's not like I support Wolves or Leicester or even Leeds for that matter (No offence ment to people who do support them, but... nya-neh-nya-neh-nya-neh!).

--------------------

Pages