girlz place

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: girlz place
Apprentice
Member # 4004
Profile #25
Similar case for me. Except I flirt with them outrageously, but don't have the courage to ask them out.

--------------------
The small african nation of Chad has changed it's name to Debbie, and in the spirit of Third World solidarity, Tanzania has changed its name to Brian.
This just in: Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead...
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #26
I'm in with the fundies on this one.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3801
Profile Homepage #27
I stand on similar ground with that topic as well.

[ Saturday, February 21, 2004 17:09: Message edited by: Syntyrael ]

--------------------
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Take a chance at the Chance Forums!
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #28
quote:
When girls learn to think with their reproductive organ like men, then everything will be just fine.
They do it, believe me. I hardly remember all the silly things, I did for the sake of my organs ... uh, we are as foolish a guys, sometimes.

Dareva, you are f, no?

About boys in skirts: It has becom a fashion, indeed. At least here in Europe metropoles. Last hot summer, I saw several boys wearing skirts, looks cool and I like it.
Industrialized men are bottled up in tight, embarrassing uniforms that squeezes - specially when sitting - reproductive organs and make them .. um, more nonproductive. Now some charitable fashion designers will free our poor boys from 200 years of industrial pants ...

It's certainly nothing new. Maybe half of the male world population is commonly wearing a skirt or a dress. They call it djellaba, pareo, burnus, gandura, sarong, chiton, kimono, kente, hakama, sherwani, kilt, what ever.

I don't believe, skirts could be hints to a spezial gender anymore.

Shyness can be very attractive.

((
IMAGE(girlz place (2)_files/cool.gif) /)
PP
LL
I love shy poets in hakamas

--------------------
site of the month:
Do not trample down the earth on which you walk.
Calculate your personal footprint.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #29
quote:
Originally written by spy.there:

Indeed. You guys make me want to hug you.

*hugs*

IMAGE(girlz place (2)_files/smile.gif)

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Lifecrafter
Member # 585
Profile Homepage #30
American society seems to have a myth that only the man should ask the woman out. Most guys don't seem to be aware of this 'rule', but girls seem to abide by it kinda faithfuly...

--------------------
The many faces of Logalot
--------------------
Polaris Roleplaying and Debating Board- 'Nuf said
--------------------
Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.
George Bernard Shaw
Shock Trooper
Member # 3980
Profile Homepage #31
quote:
Originally written by Logalot:
... a myth that only the man should ask the woman out.

Doesn't this "myth" somehow go together with
quote:
The one who asks puts himself into a vulnerable position - that of possibly being rejected, i.e. he renounces dominance and shows some modesty.

Is this not what Sir David said about RP-partners
quote:

Oh yeah, also, a good RPer MUST be modest, and willing to use a weak character.

Compare this to the amount of self-control suggested by Bladesman Wasazore's quote (my personal apologies for quoting this in a different context)
quote:

If you look like this and I meet you on the street, run. I will chase you down and attempt to stick it into you by any means possible.

the idea of "love" signalled in the "I'm A Whore "'s (my personal apologies for quoting this in a different context)
quote:

May a burly Mexican spirit you away at night and teach you how to love.

I mean I do understand prem's
quote:

Indeed. You guys make me want to hug you.
*hugs*
[Smile]

but this is probably meant to occur
quote:
originally written by Sauders
from a safe distance? There is something wrong with this?
and not at the end of an evening out when Bladesman Wasazore's advice quoted above (my personal apologies for quoting this in a different context) may be more appropiate - please correct me if I am wrong.
(Although the limited selfcontrol at the right moment may be attractive too... It is like prem wrote
quote:
It's all about personality.
P.S.
I am not brave enough to mention a certain desperado community in this context and even less quote any remarks about pedophelia for fear of burly mexicans to say nothing of the sniping...

[ Sunday, February 22, 2004 05:02: Message edited by: Your Fellow Procrastinator ]

--------------------
Wisdom grows from trying to find structure in our experience - looking backwards in time - while living goes forward.
Theories are expectations that help us live forward - like possible ways to put the mosaic together. If they are worth the effort to remember, they should predict something and in case the prediction does not work out with time they should autodestruct.
And then there is something that we cannot test - something we have inherited in form of customs, attitudes, culture and the spirit of stories told and retold - that is like our individual SQUARE ONE.
This runs deeper than we can know.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #32
Where have you been all my life, YFP?

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #33
Yes, spy.there, I am female.

So I have a question that doesn't seem as off-topic as it did a few days ago. Shy guys, you would like the object of your interest to ask you out, wouldn't you? Providing that subtle hints about certain of her body parts haven't given her the idea already, for those of you who might do that. This is urgent--I need more viewpoints so that I can do nothing yet again. IMAGE(girlz place (2)_files/biggrin.gif)

--------------------
But I have never known or heard of anyone in real life who has said, "Yes! My goal in life is to be a brainless follower of obnoxious people!"
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #34
quote:
Nothing I do appeals to women.......
quote:
I am incapable of flirting and expressing attraction, ...
quote:
...don't have the courage to ask them out.
Shy guys, what's the problem? Nothing worse could happen to you but a rejection.

If I would be shy, I'd take it like a RPG. If rejected, it would be only my PC who failed. I could improve my skills (good manners, modesty, compassion) ...and try again.

Chins up, shy guys, we can be impressed so easy. By compliments for example or by love letters. You got the writing ability and a lot of poetry skill - why don't you use words power?

Dareva, are they shy or only lazy? Passiveness is of course more comfortable ...

))
IMAGE(girlz place (2)_files/redface.gif) )
(())
im shy, too shy

--------------------
site of the month:
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #35
I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, spy.there, as I find asking someone out to be horribly difficult myself. Probably the reason for the current situation. Approaching it like an RPG is a good idea, I guess, except if that were true, I'd probably give the rejector a good shot of Searer for their temerity.

Hmm, I think I've just discovered why I'm single. IMAGE(girlz place (2)_files/eek.gif)

--------------------
But I have never known or heard of anyone in real life who has said, "Yes! My goal in life is to be a brainless follower of obnoxious people!"
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #36
Spy, I do use my writing skills for that purpose, but that's more out of shyness than anything. Thinking of myself as an RP character would work if life were an RP, which it is not. I have to live with myself for my whole life; it's not going to end and give me a chance for a whole new character (I'm not talkign about reincarnation, by the way...).

Also, I know that I risk nothing more than rejection, but that's a lot, to me. I know it shouldn't be, but it is. I tend to preach moderation in most things; love included, I guess. Maybe that's my real problem, not shyness. I wait too long, for the perfect situation or whatever, and by then it's too late.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Incaseofemergency,breakglass.
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #37
I'm shy around the opposite sex. For a different reason..

--Jonnie Zahndi Zolohahni

--------------------
Professor Frost gives me ideas.
Professor Frost has many an eye.
Professor Frost always foils my plans.
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #38
quote:
Originally written by Sir David:

Also, I know that I risk nothing more than rejection, but that's a lot, to me. I know it shouldn't be, but it is. I tend to preach moderation in most things; love included, I guess. Maybe that's my real problem, not shyness. I wait too long, for the perfect situation or whatever, and by then it's too late.
This is a lot like me. But I also have been known to joke that the worst thing that could happen is that the askee says yes. After all, I'm prepared for rejection. Acceptance is an eventuality that has not been provided for.

--------------------
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #39
I completely lack spiritual commodity with the human race. I'm not just saying that, either; I was raised in general isolation at around the age people usually develop the ability to form and keep social relations and I was an antisocial person to begin with. I'm not saying I have trouble making nice with people, but genuine, lasting friendship is a big challenge, and not something I'd count on from anyone.
I've really struggled to get halfway towards what most people consider as natural as breathing. I tried hanging around with people with the same problem, but quite frankly, the majority of them are ill-adjusted, dimwitted malcontents with whom I have even less relationship on a human level than anyone else.

Physical isolation throws a wrench in any real attempts to unfsck my social dynamic. I've got physical and mental self-image problems, a bad stammer, and radical viewpoints on just about everything.

Most people assume I'm a stuck-up prick, and because I have an extremely caustic sense of humor, they have pretty good grounds to assume such, even though my problem is shyness more than anything. I've grown faintly certain that the people who matter to me in a sexual context (hey, I try to be realistic) think I'm gay. The fact that my humor tends to be faintly self-aspersing doesn't help, either.

To top it all off, I'm almost entirely isolated from the rest of my social world, living many miles away from anyone I know well. So far, I've put my hopes in a fresh start in Seattle, but I know it's a pipe dream even if I manage to get anywhere there.

Physical, spiritual, and mental isolation. But hey, I can sure pull a great yarn about squicking, can't I?

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #40
SD's statement largely applies for me, as well. I tend to be a highly cautious person in general; I don't gamble, don't take part in extreme sports, and have never committed a crime I wasn't absolutely sure I could get away with. Risk-taking strikes me as a highly reckless practice. For some reason, the idea of asking a girl out, without knowing that the feelings of attraction are mutual is extremely unattractive in my mind. Like SD, I prefer to keep things on a friendly level for a long time, hoping that eventually the girl will do something to convince me that she's interested. I used to be so shy around girls that I couldn't even address them by their first names, but nowadays I'm getting better and better at carrying on natural, unaffected conversations with them. However, I still find myself unable to ask a girl out without knowing, nearly for sure, that she'll accept. Part of it, clearly, is also due to pride- requesting a date figuratively abases the requester at the feet of the requestee, allowing the latter to (again, figuratively) ground the unlucky requester's face into the mud, if she so wishes.

I wish I was as young as some of you chaps, though- you don't have to deal just yet with the ugly statistic that only 1 in 5 men in the U.S. are still virgins by the age of 19. With nearly all of my close friends having amazing success in this category, as well, I often can't help feeling like a hopeless loser.

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #41
Yes, the major problem with treating it like a computer game is that there's no reload function and dignity matters a lot to people. I'm not certain that's the right approach but it's certainly not a view that's completely without merit.

Myself, I doubt I'd go down that road in most cases because it'd be too likely to damage a friendship. Then again, it's not really that much of an issue until I start taking more than a peremptory interest in my own appearance.

--------------------
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
I'll tell you my story, man
Though I wish I'd never been born
I'm loose at the seams,
I've broken my dreams
And my hand it shakes the pen
Come on, come on now baby,
Let the good times roll again
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #42
Dareva, LOL
Sir David, life is a RP. I could not endure it, when I wouldn't be abel to encrease abilities and try again. Rejections happen, are nothing personally, mistakes happen, show you, where your weak points are, where you should train, to have succes.
If you want to have a date, you can get it. waiting until it's too late might say, that you don't really want one ...Dareva lol

Full Frontal, you just changed your name, you are an antisocal stuck-up prick. Living many miles away from everything sounds like a dream to me. Nothing wrong by beeing gay, is it? To break isolation, go out more - should be easy to find a decent club in Seattle.

Stug, you don't mean, that beeing over 19 and still virgin would be a problem for you? <falls from chair, shaked with laughter> sorry, um ... if it is a problem to you ... <laughter> sorry, if you are going only for sexual matches, why don't you for women above your age, who might been slightly more interessed in sex than girls at your age <sneers motherly>

((
IMAGE(girlz place (2)_files/smile.gif)
PP
LL

. feeling like advise office

--------------------
site of the month:
Warrior
Member # 3694
Profile #43
quote:

Shy guys, what's the problem? Nothing worse could happen to you but a rejection.
Said like rejection is all that a woman could do, and like it's not a bad thing. Said by another guy who can't express attraction, and would rather be asked out, but only by a woman who doesn't know that I have to be asked out (if she knows, then I am by definition asking her out, succeeding and refusing on the basis that it'd be pity instead of desire).

--------------------
And that was exactly the point of itself.
Takes advantage of the easily offended.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #44
[b]
Full Frontal, you just changed your name, you are an antisocal stuck-up prick. Living many miles away from everything sounds like a dream to me.[/qb]
No, not really. I don't need to physically escape from anything, and it makes the transit a lot easier.
And as for the name-calling, thank you.

Nothing wrong by beeing gay, is it?

No, unless you're not and don't want people to assume things.
To break isolation, go out more - should be easy to find a decent club in Seattle.

I don't live in Seattle. I live in a depressed, sun-baked old neighborhood of Las Vegas. And as for finding a decent club, I'm not old enough to drink and don't have the inclination or the means to pick up people in bars.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #45
My greatest fear in asking someone out isn't rejection, but rather that whatever prior relationship there was could be very sorely ruined. I wouldn't be able to face a good friend if I'd asked her out and she said "no." The only girl I've ever asked out is someone I barely know, so when she told me she wasn't interested, I really lost nothing.

Speaking only for myself, if a girl asked me out and I said "no," my opinion of her wouldn't change in the slightest. But I always get the feeling that a girl who rejects me would misinterperet any kindness I show as just trying to continue getting her to date me.

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #46
Spy.there, I have a feeling you are looking at us from your lofty throne somewhere, secure in yourself, while people like me wander around and try to figure things out. IMAGE(girlz place (2)_files/biggrin.gif)

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #47
Spy.there, you have made some rather unfair extrapolations of my original statements. No, being a 19-year old virgin is not a problem for me. I'm reasonably happy the way I am, and I don't feel that mindless, loveless sex would cause me to be a happier or more satisfied person. Although it is true that I would prefer a sexual relationship to a chaste one at this point in my life, I am infinitely more interested in the idea of a dual exchange of love than an exchange of bodily fluids. A non-sexual, loving relationship would certainly be highly preferable to no relationship at all. But you simply can't blame a chap of my age for simply wanting to fulfill his biological imperative as soon as possible, albeit in a loving and reciprocating manner.

As for needing to seek out older women in order to be involved in a sexual relationship, I don't believe that is necessary. Many, many girls of my age, even quite a bit younger, are interested in and take part in sexual relationships. And besides, I tend not to like older women.

[ Monday, February 23, 2004 12:32: Message edited by: A Stughalfian Principle ]

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Lifecrafter
Member # 585
Profile Homepage #48
Yeah, if you ask someone out and they say no, it makes things pretty awkward. Only if you know them well though. Good point Motrax.

--------------------
The many faces of Logalot
--------------------
Polaris Roleplaying and Debating Board- 'Nuf said
--------------------
Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.
George Bernard Shaw
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #49
quote:
but I know it's a pipe dream
No, it's not. I've known childhood isolation too. It took years to overcome that, that's true. But in the end it didn't keep me from living my life as I wanted and needed to do. Friends and longterm mates included.

--------------------
Polaris

Pages