THE IRON SALTIRE CHEF CHALLENGES YOU, PART ONE

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: THE IRON SALTIRE CHEF CHALLENGES YOU, PART ONE
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #125
Yes, it is a chili sauce, but I believe it is Vietnamese-style.
Shock Trooper
Member # 58
Profile #126
There's another Vietnamese style chili sauce that is pretty good as well. It looks the same as sriracha, except with the seeds and is made by the same company. I personally love Vietnamese food, though their food is designed to taste better with noodles, rather than rice.
I suppose having a dad who can cook Vietnamese stuff does that to you.

On the subject of rice:

I like Indian food and think they have a very good vegetarian selection. On rice though, I prefer the Chinese style, mainly because of the texture. It probably has to do with my growing up with it. Homecooked rice is usually much better than the standard restaurant variety.

Japanese rice is fine as well, except sometimes I'm not in the mood for the sticky texture and the slight sweetness. Thai/Burmese/Tibetian is pretty good, though to me very similar to Chinese rice. Mexican and Spanish are nice, but my preference is usually for the Asian type.

The only rice I don't really like is American rice. It seems a little "stinky" to me. And of course there are the instant rice mixes, which are an abomination. I had the misfortune of trying some, and it promptly came back out.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #127
I don't think I've ever had that... I think American rice is fine, but I know my mother cooks it much better than restaurants do. I had some rice in Savannah that was delicious, but I have no idea how it was prepared...

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #128
Good pizza=Italian pizza.
End of discusion.

YEAH! Im over 250!!!

[ Saturday, December 27, 2003 04:51: Message edited by: Master Chief aka STD ]

--------------------