Reoccurring Dreams

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Reoccurring Dreams
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #0
Anyone else here ever have a reoccurring dream? What I mean is a dream from childhood, that you had again when you were much older.

I have had several dreams like that. Alternatively, has anyone here ever had a dream within a dream?

I am interested to here from some people.

I will start another topic similar to this, yet different and more interesting.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #1
I've had a dream-within-a-dream before.

Well, there's one dream I've had twice. It was my favorite dream...I wonder when I'll have it again.

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Erudite*
Member # 3042
Profile #2
I've had a few dreams that were identical. I've had a lot more about the same subject, but with some differences, though.

[ Thursday, October 16, 2003 17:26: Message edited by: xxo ]

--------------------
The Club of All
Chance Forums
I was once member #2475, but then my account was deleted because of a bug.
Post count=406+whatever it says below.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #3
I've had many dreams where I am caught in a struggle of some sort and I feel excruciatingly weak. I try harder and harder in my dream to win until I suddenly wake up, sometimes with my muscles clenched up. Has anyone ever woken up either in sweat or in tears?

--------------------
How do signature's work?
-Keep
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #4
I have dreams that it's the next day, and I've forgotten something really important. Probably because I go to sleep worried that I will forget. Luckily, the dreams help me remember not to forget what I was supposed to remember.

Or something to that effect...

--------------------
"... and approximately one sea turtle."
Shock Trooper
Member # 3073
Profile Homepage #5
I've had dreams about the apocalypse before, and when I wake up it takes me awhile before I can fall asleep again.

--------------------
"It's cool to be a robot." Scud

"Half human, half robot, all Sicilian." Tony Tastey

"|||| ||| |||| ||| ||| |||||?!? Drywall

"I'm calm.....GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME." Don Vito
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
I rarely remember dreams when I wake up, although sometimes I am suddenly reminded of them later in the day. The dreams I do remember tend to be depressingly normal. I dream that I wake up and go about my day. Then I wake up and have to go about my day.

—Alorael, who has never had recurring dreams. He has had serial dreams, where dreams several nights in a row are about the same thing. Those are usually so surreal that it's hard to say that they are sequential, or even more than just related.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Erudite*
Member # 3042
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Aarrow Swift:

I have dreams that it's the next day, and I've forgotten something really important.
I've had dreams like that before. Then afterwards I'm even more worried about the thing I dreamed about.
Does anyone ever have dreams in which someone you know does something really mean or stupid, and you can't help feeling kind of mad at them when you wake up, even though it's completely irrational? IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Reoccurring Dreams1_files/tongue.gif)

[ Thursday, October 16, 2003 19:38: Message edited by: xxo ]

--------------------
The Club of All
Chance Forums
I was once member #2475, but then my account was deleted because of a bug.
Post count=406+whatever it says below.
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #8
I had this really creepy and weird dream within a dream a couple of months ago.
I was dreaming then woke up and went into the kitchen then suddenly my my mum appears and we start talking then arguing. She then takes out a gun out of he pocket and shoots me in the back. I then fall to ground and see her shooting me two more times in the back. The world blacked out and woke up for real. I could hear that my mum was in the kitchen. I remember my first thought was to lie really still and not make a sound.

On a happier note, has anyone wanted something so much but couldn't get it? so much so that you have dreams where the thing that you want is near but just out of reach?

I have. I really wanted this book but didn't have enough money for it. I started having dreams were I was in a giant bookshop and the book was on a bookstand behind the counter. I tried to get anyone's attention but no-one noticed me. The dreams got to point where I was dreaming that I was in canoe on the Indian or Atlantic Ocean in a storm, looking for the book. I remember that I go washed up onto the beach at Perth.

When I finally got the book, the dreams stopped. Anything like that happen to you?

--------------------
...a sadist is only someone that is terribly nice to a masochist...

Want to find out how nasty you really are? visit:http://www.thespark.com/ now!

Also look at my site here
This is also a
good site
Warrior
Member # 2978
Profile #9
Rather than dreams-within-dreams, I sometimes dream that I wake up, get up do my usual morning routine, then I dream that I wake up again, and know that last time it was just a dream, do my morning stuff, go off to school, then I dream that I wake up again and that last time I thought I woke up it was just a dream...
I'm not kidding you, I've once dreamt that I woke up three times the same morning before I woke up for real.

--------------------
Contradictions get me everything I want.
Love is all. Love is Evil.
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #10
I keep dreaming that I'm driving along a main road near me at about 70 mph, and my ex-boyfriend (in his flash sports car) comes driving along past me the other way. I turn to look at him and end up crashing into the side of his car. Had this dream at least 3 times a week for the past month.

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #11
Lately I've been dreaming I'm pants.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Warrior
Member # 1451
Profile Homepage #12
i have had one dream within a dream... that is i was aware that i was dreaming and then woke up and didint notice it was a dream, then i woke up again and had a sturdy shock. i often am on the halfway to school when i realize i was dreaming and that nightmare wasnt real.

and i had 3 or 4 episodes of the same dream. it's like an rpg tpp/fpp game. i was in a school only for girls and did stuff and stuff IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Reoccurring Dreams1_files/wink.gif) ...

most of my dreams lack much logic, things like chickens with robotic brains spreading an infectious disease that causes madness and magickal death-cabbages are perfectly normal and i when dreaming dont realize they are not normal.

PS: yes, i had both of those thingz in my dreams

[ Friday, October 17, 2003 04:41: Message edited by: Abu Dhabi ]

--------------------
I am pleased to make contact with your entities. Now die.

The Dhabi be strange people, though there be few,
Listen to me well for I was one that knew.
Powerful as ally and deadly as foe,
Friends be empowered and enemies be woe.

Find him by the stones, warn you they might,
All noble gems he will turn plain white.
Be warned though, will there be more than one,
The stones will shine like the morning sun.

Strike him down, if that be your plan,
But best think him - a living dead man.
Dhabi can die, no doubt on that.
Kill him yourself - die like a rat.

Once assaulted, he will not forgive,
Howling in hate, vengence he won't leave.
Ever fighting, in lethal embrace,
Such are dangers, when Dhabi you face.

Want to kill him dead - you are welcome to try.
Find one of his kin, or it's you who will die.
Only Dhabi can kill Dhabi, none other.
Reaching out he'll take the soul of his brother.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #13
quote:
Originally written by xxo:

Does anyone ever have dreams in which someone you know does something really mean or stupid, and you can't help feeling kind of mad at them when you wake up, even though it's completely irrational? IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Reoccurring Dreams1_files/tongue.gif)
Are you sure we aren't the same person? IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Reoccurring Dreams1_files/wink.gif)

I also have a recurring dream where everyone I've ever met is at my house. Nothing else happens, they're just there. Is this a sign of the apocalypse?

--------------------
"... and approximately one sea turtle."
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #14
Deja-vu is fun - when you think you've experienced something before (inc. possibly a dream) whether you have or not.

PARENTAL ADVISORY: I've often dreamed of blowing myself, but am still not up enough on the yoga exercises to realise it.
Agent
Member # 464
Profile #15
A dream within a dream is undoubtedly horrible. I've had them at least once, and it really scares the heck outta me when I realize I'm still dreaming.

quote:
Originally posted by Keep:
Has anyone ever woken up either in sweat or in tears?
Tears, yes. Sometimes it's because I wanted to cry, 'cause I escape my dreams by crying. It works. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Reoccurring Dreams1_files/biggrin.gif)

[ Friday, October 17, 2003 15:12: Message edited by: Undine ]

--------------------
You go girl!
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher. - Ambrose Bierce
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #16
Yes, and yes. I've had a few recurring dreams, and they're generally not nice. They're also almost never set around here and now; they'd be in some fantasy or post-apocalyptic world. My most vivid dreams tend to stick in my head for days on end after I've dreamed it, and I usually can't stop thinking about it until I write it down, or something. I rarely dream about actual people, and when I do... let's just say that you really don't want to be in my dreams. But the dreams I would much rather not dream are the ones that come after staying up late studying: numbers in my head going round and round and round and...

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #17
As a kid every nigh was a torment for me, I had the special ability of making a monster, demon, undead, you name it, after any object in my bedroom. My parents even thought on sending me to a psicologist...I had these horrible dreams that had a reoccurrent start, This start was the key to mi demise as a kid.
This was the start of all my nightmare (no joke here, I realy had a bad time)...

Black...(duh, Im sleeping)

Suddenly I hear mumblings and whisperings. As if I was locked in a closet juts by a huge coctel or social meeting of the like.(I mention these two cases because the whisperings and conversations are many and all had a small echo to it, as if they were in some huge hall for guests.)

Point is I never get to see these people only the chit-chat, wich quicly starts to grow louder as if many people joined in conversation simultaniously and me hearing ability get better and better.

Soon the volume of the whispers and conversation get to a peak.....

....and then silence...then the nighmare began...

It was always like that, almost every night for a year or so. Then suddenly I had no more nightmares. In fact I dont remember any nightmares sice that day, as If I had ran out of them or something.

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #18
Heh, this reminds me of a dream I once had.

I was in this kind of fairy forest, and there were some soldiers hunting me. Somehow I knew that they were going to torture and kill me if the caught me so I was naturally very scared.

I hid myself behind a big tree and prayed that they wouldn't find me. Still, when they came closer I realized it was just a dream. So, in order to wake up I started banging my head in the tree (in the dream). It actually worked (but not before quite a lot of banging).
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #19
Did you wake up with a lump on your head and then notice you whacked your head against the bedpost? IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Reoccurring Dreams1_files/tongue.gif)

Something like that happened to me once. Whenever I have any really bad nightmares by the way, I dream of flying. It's strange, because I don't have any fear of heights.

I also sometimes dream of apocalypse. Like the Earth falling into the Sun or some such.

And sometimes I'm able to control my dream. Very cool.

Btw, I have the theory that whenever you wonder about what you're experiencing is a dream, you automatically can deduce that you're awake. Did you ever wonder if you were dreaming if you were? I certainly didn't. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Reoccurring Dreams1_files/wink.gif)

[ Saturday, October 18, 2003 05:14: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #20
Usually wondering if I'm dreaming or not, or realizing that I am dreaming, makes me wake up. Sometimes, usually in nightmares, it doesn't, and it doesn't help to realize that you're asleep when George Washington is still trying to cut off your arms with nail clippers.

—Alorael, who doesn't have any better explanation for that dream. He's not even sure how that works, conceptually. But that's never bothered dreams.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #21
I only remember ever waking up in a sweat once. Or waking up crying.

One of the dreams within a dream I had would rival the plot of a horror movie or something, like that. I was dreaming that I was dreaming about being cut up by some psychopath. Then I dreamed that I woke up and it happened for real.

Anyone here ever sleep walk?

Has anyone here ever had a reoccurring dream where they realize it is the same and try to change the outcome to make it different?

[ Saturday, October 18, 2003 08:01: Message edited by: Murder, She Wrote ]

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #22
I don't think you can remember your dreams after you wake up unless the dream had a really big impact on you. If you wake up during a dream, though, you should be able to remember most of it. Dreaming is a way for your mind to sort out different things and can help it to understand troublesome situations. In a way, nightmares are actually helpful to the recovery process. After you dream about things, your brain tends to forget everything about it except the lasting effect.

--------------------
How do signature's work?
-Keep
Agent
Member # 464
Profile #23
quote:
Originally written by Murder, She Wrote:

Anyone here ever sleep walk?

Has anyone here ever had a reoccurring dream where they realize it is the same and try to change the outcome to make it different?

I've been told I sleepwalked once...but it's kinda hard to believe.

Yeah. I remember one of many in which I enter this norman-looking house, which I knew was haunted, since I've dreamt it before...and I knew when the creatures would come out, and when, etc. Sadly, the only difference I was able to make was a good headstart before they chased me...

--------------------
You go girl!
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher. - Ambrose Bierce
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
Warrior
Member # 1451
Profile Homepage #24
i was told i sleep walked but i think my family was just looking for someone to blame for sugaring and spilling the gravy from the roast at night... i didint feel like sleepwalking.

reoccuring dreams almost always have a diifrent result in my case, in the said rpg dream only the backgroung and most of the characters were the same, my actions as for my passing age and my experiences were diffrent (but one i dont want to discuss, i'll only say that it was a very pleasant and thrilling) because i had the dream in long periods of time, i think since 12yo or so.

i remember almost all of my dreams... wait... i remember only the ones i remember! i could have had dreams and not know it! its like the things that you did in life but dont remember them at all, not even theres place for them. they just dont exist. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Reoccurring Dreams1_files/biggrin.gif) philosophic!

--------------------
I am pleased to make contact with your entities. Now die.

The Dhabi be strange people, though there be few,
Listen to me well for I was one that knew.
Powerful as ally and deadly as foe,
Friends be empowered and enemies be woe.

Find him by the stones, warn you they might,
All noble gems he will turn plain white.
Be warned though, will there be more than one,
The stones will shine like the morning sun.

Strike him down, if that be your plan,
But best think him - a living dead man.
Dhabi can die, no doubt on that.
Kill him yourself - die like a rat.

Once assaulted, he will not forgive,
Howling in hate, vengence he won't leave.
Ever fighting, in lethal embrace,
Such are dangers, when Dhabi you face.

Want to kill him dead - you are welcome to try.
Find one of his kin, or it's you who will die.
Only Dhabi can kill Dhabi, none other.
Reaching out he'll take the soul of his brother.

Pages