Reoccurring Dreams

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Reoccurring Dreams
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #25
When I was a wee little kid, I had dreams about some freak chasing after me. I also had dreams involving people that all looked the same. I'd be alone somewhere and suddenly these people would show up and I'd wake up scared. I've also had dreams about a shadowy figure that'll attack me when I'm by myself. I'll be walking outside of my house in the dream and be near the street light, look between two houses and this shade thing would charge at me.

I also had a few dreams inside of dreams. One was when I was in 2nd grade, I had a dream I was at a birthday party or something and a kid came inside and said a monster was coming to the house so, being like 7 or 8 hid behind a couch until I woke up. I was in my room, and I chuckled thinking that I was safe... until I got up to go to the bathroom and this huge monster thing came over and started stomping on me. Scared the hell outta me and I couldn't get back to sleep...

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #26
I've never sleepwalked, but I've sleeptalked like dozen times or more. Usually on schooldays. I wake up, I notice I'm late and ask my mum why she didn't wake me up. She says: you looked at me and told me okay. Or that you'd get up in just few minutes.
Except that I never said that. Not consciously at least. I haven't any memory of telling her that, but she insists that I had my eyes open and I spoke clearly to her. Weird. And annoying as it always makes me late for school.

I only remember one reoccurring dream.. it isn't exactly the same, but the setting of it is. I'm in this huge amusement park and have fun in there. It's been a while, but I've seen that dream maybe three times in my life. Oh, and when I say huge, I mean huge. There's the main side, the kiddie side and sometimes there's a long park after that kiddie part. The ocean is real near, you could go the beach. I think this was only once though. and it was evening.. I think I was alone, but later someone appeared and stuff happened.
Those are always such fun dreams.

Or dreams where I'm in a shop and I'm trying to buy candy, except I don't have enough money or the choosing takes too long and I wake up. Not the same shop, but the candy bit is fun. If only I had enough time to actually eat some fo them. I once dreamed it was night and I was in this HUGE shopping mall, and I went straight to the candies. They were all on this big, big wall, and I decided to get some marshmallows first. They were bigger than my head. Lot bigger. I couldn't wait to taste them, but then I heard the guard coming and I woke up. Damn.

[ Saturday, October 18, 2003 11:13: Message edited by: Indecisive mind at work ]

--------------------
Ah! My Homepage - In Finnish and English
Geneforge - The Maps
My Elfwood Gallery - Stories I've written in english
The WALL - Forums in Finnish
Waitingformedication. I could really use some.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #27
I've been told by my mother that I occasionally recite Elvish poems in my sleep. Seriously, she told me I go like "Ai laurie lantar lassi surinen, yeni unotime ve ramar aldaron..." IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Reoccurring Dreams2_files/tongue.gif)

My sister insists it was Spanish, but she's never read a word of Quenya any more that I know a word of Spanish. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Reoccurring Dreams2_files/biggrin.gif)

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #28
I have been told that I sometimes say things like "It t'was the cat!" and "This little piggy went to Fiji," in my sleep.

--------------------
...a sadist is only someone that is terribly nice to a masochist...

Want to find out how nasty you really are? visit:http://www.thespark.com/ now!

Also look at my site here
This is also a
good site
Warrior
Member # 1451
Profile Homepage #29
my dad who is a driving instructor often screams while sleeping : "Na swiatlach w lewo i GAZU!!"
//Turn left at the lights and STEP ON IT!!

fun but also wakes the family up IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Reoccurring Dreams2_files/wink.gif)

--------------------
I am pleased to make contact with your entities. Now die.

The Dhabi be strange people, though there be few,
Listen to me well for I was one that knew.
Powerful as ally and deadly as foe,
Friends be empowered and enemies be woe.

Find him by the stones, warn you they might,
All noble gems he will turn plain white.
Be warned though, will there be more than one,
The stones will shine like the morning sun.

Strike him down, if that be your plan,
But best think him - a living dead man.
Dhabi can die, no doubt on that.
Kill him yourself - die like a rat.

Once assaulted, he will not forgive,
Howling in hate, vengence he won't leave.
Ever fighting, in lethal embrace,
Such are dangers, when Dhabi you face.

Want to kill him dead - you are welcome to try.
Find one of his kin, or it's you who will die.
Only Dhabi can kill Dhabi, none other.
Reaching out he'll take the soul of his brother.
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #30
quote:
Originally written by Murder, She Wrote:

Anyone here ever sleep walk?

Apparently I do, as well as pick locks in my sleep. I woke up one morning to find a lockpick in my back door—inside the house. The only plausible explanation is that I walked, in my sleep, up a flight of stairs, and attempted to pick the lock. Hell only knows why.

--------------------

~ §øСüm
©ÿªñ¡Ðë ~
Mission Ridge -- All Your Snow Are Belong to Us.
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #31
I once said "on your marks, ready, AHHHH!" in my sleep. I'm not sure why, I was dreaming that I had a fungal infection that covered my body with thousands of tiny tentacles.

--------------------
Grammar wenches beware:
This is the house that the malt that the rat that the cat that the dog that the cow that the maiden that the man that the priest that the cock that the farmer kept waked married kissed milked tossed worried killed ate lay in.

My Website
desperance.net - Leave your sanity at the door
Warrior
Member # 3457
Profile #32
quote:
Originally written by Aarrow Swift:

I have dreams that it's the next day, and I've forgotten something really important. Probably because I go to sleep worried that I will forget. Luckily, the dreams help me remember not to forget what I was supposed to remember.

Or something to that effect...

I've had those dreams but when i woke up i really did forget something...

...I had a reoccuring dream when i was younger: i was in the paddock at home and i ran up to a bull and hit it over the head with a grass rake then i ran away and it charged me and when it caught me it started tickling me...
... and that is as far as i ever got in the dream because my body at that point started acting like i was being tickled and i had to wake up for it to stop...

...and i've had dreams where i dreamt that something would happen during a normal day, then it's taken a couple of days or months and it actually happened during the day that i'm experincing it's pretty freaky.. Anyone else have the same experiance?? IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Reoccurring Dreams2_files/confused.gif)
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #33
quote:
Anyone here ever sleep walk?
I remember a few times when I have fallen asleep downstairs, and then waking up on my upstairs bedroom floor.

quote:
And sometimes I'm able to control my dream. Very cool.
Yes, a bit like the matrix.

I seem to have the same nothingness dream every night...

--------------------
"Wow, fish."
Hahahaha, I crack myself up.
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #34
I had a dream once where my name was Jizzy Jeff.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #35
What can I say...you lucky bastard! IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Reoccurring Dreams2_files/tongue.gif)

(I really hate to use those smiley faces, but I think it was necessary in this case)
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #36
quote:
Originally written by Infuriated Slith:

quote:
And sometimes I'm able to control my dream. Very cool.
Yes, a bit like the matrix.

Actually, that dream came a few days after watching the Matrix. It started with that curious bend-the-spoon trick you also see in the movie. And I thin I was able to teleport. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Reoccurring Dreams2_files/biggrin.gif)

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1207
Profile #37
I don't I've had a recurring dream, but I think I've had most of the dreams mentioned here on some level or another...
I once had a dream a bit like Aarow Swift's one where I woke up several months later, and didn't know certain vital details about my life at that point.
I think I might have woken up in a sweat, but it was probably a dream about sex; I don't generally have nightmares.
I don't know about myself, but some of my family definitely does: my mum once talked about "dragging through a mountainy bit" or something, and I regularly hear my brother sleeptalking because I share a room with him.
I can never tell if I'm controlling a dream or not.
Last night I had this dream where I was at Deep Sea World and there was this special tank which people could swim about in, so I went in and swam about underwater and people watched me through glass. I think I could control it, and I think there was a bit where I was out of breath, which may be associated with me trying to swim a length underwater yesterday.
I sometimes have dreams where I'm driving - the closest to a recurring dream I believe I've had.
Ah, long posts. The bane of modern civilisation, yet I still insist on making them!

--------------------
~ørangutan

I want high-bit characters in my displayed name!!! :( :( :( (Or at least an exclamtion point!)

Eat pie!
BADGER!

Pages