Wierd Ebay Auctions

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Wierd Ebay Auctions
Apprentice
Member # 3391
Profile #0
What'll they think of next? Someone is auctioning off a Word Document and manuscript! I heard that an "Almost Square" piece of cardboard went for about $80.

Here's the link -

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3547233493&category=11432&rd=1
Warrior
Member # 3329
Profile #1
Creepy...I once saw a guy selling his soul.

--------------------
Hello.Nice To Meet You.Call Me OM.Bye.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #2
They sell all kinds of things at ebay...

Btw, what about that "soul-seller", OM? Was he a bit deranged, or just a fraud? IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Wierd Ebay Auctions_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Warrior
Member # 3329
Profile #3
Dunno i was just looking around and i saw "Soul For Sale 50$"and i thought it was really weird and posted it here.He was probly mentaly challenged though.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 87
Profile Homepage #4
that's kind of a catch-22. It would not be worth buying the soul of anyone willing to sell it.

--------------------
Tip of the Day: #13 Stand clear the closing door.

That's treason.
(THNIK)(Peculiar James, FP productions co, inc)
Warrior
Member # 3329
Profile #5
E-Bay sued the guy or something like that...

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
They didn't sue him, they just took his auction down. Ebay's terms and conditions forbid the sale of body parts.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #7
I'm sure you could try to sue e-bay because it recognizes the soul as a body part. However, you would need a really good lawyer.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #8
A soul could be a nickname for the sum of all of your thoughts, both concious and subconcious.
Apprentice
Member # 3391
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by Lt. Sullust:

I'm sure you could try to sue e-bay because it recognizes the soul as a body part. However, you would need a really good lawyer.
Well, if a soul doesn't exist, it goes against Ebay's rule of selling something that doesn't exist.
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #10
I once saw someone selling nothing. That's right, aan empty space for a $1.99 or something.

--------------------
...a sadist is only someone that is terribly nice to a masochist...

Want to find out how nasty you really are? visit:http://www.thespark.com/ now!

Also look at my site here
This is also a
good site
Apprentice
Member # 3394
Profile #11
what do you mean it's against the rules for soemone to sell something that doesn't exist? Until you go to ebay's rules, and give me a quote, I will not believe you!
Shock Trooper
Member # 18
Profile Homepage #12
I'll sel my soul. As far as I'm concerned the idea of a soul is as farcical as the toothfairy. If I can make money out of it by selling it to someone who fancies themself a real-life Milhouse, then all the better.

Md.
Warrior
Member # 3329
Profile #13
You would sell your soul!!! IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Wierd Ebay Auctions_files/eek.gif)

--------------------
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #14
If one does not believe that one's soul is something that actually exists, one can see nothing to lose by selling it. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Wierd Ebay Auctions_files/tongue.gif)
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #15
Centuries ago, one person was promised a demon by another and sued when he didn't get it. Curiously, the courts took a rationalist line on this, dismissing the case, rather than a traditionalist one, which would have involved calling the Witchfinder General. Or would it? A look into the background of the 'Faust' myth shopws interogating 'spirits' was once an academically respectable way of discovering new knowledge.
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #16
Despite not believing in them, I have four souls.

--------------------
Grammar wenches beware:
This is the house that the malt that the rat that the cat that the dog that the cow that the maiden that the man that the priest that the cock that the farmer kept waked married kissed milked tossed worried killed ate lay in.

My Website
desperance.net - Leave your sanity at the door
Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #17
Let's see. I've seen:
-An inflatable church
-A bent paperclip
-Nothing
-A "haunted" painting
-A real house that looks like a plane on a pedestal
-Five cubic feet of packing peanuts
-Thoughts of good will towards the buyer
-A dollar bill
-A Cheeto someone found in a package which was twice the normal size and of a really weird shape

And I've probably seen more than that. Be sure to look at Albinoblacksheep.com, which seems to keep a list of weird e-Bay auctions.

--------------------
Sharka, a two-ton white rhino, got amorous with Dave Alsop's car when he stopped with three friends to take pictures of the animal mating with his partner Trixie at the West Midland Safari Park.
—CNN's website, 4/22/04
Note the value of commas. Try reading the sentence out loud.
Apprentice
Member # 3391
Profile #18
quote:
Originally written by X:

Centuries ago, one person was promised a demon by another and sued when he didn't get it. Curiously, the courts took a rationalist line on this, dismissing the case, rather than a traditionalist one, which would have involved calling the Witchfinder General. Or would it? A look into the background of the 'Faust' myth shopws interogating 'spirits' was once an academically respectable way of discovering new knowledge.
LOL! That reminds me of the Witchsmeller Pursuivant episode of the first Blackadder series.
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #19
You can sell pretty much anything on e-bay. I think I once saw an inflatable dartboard for sale.

People will buy anything nowadays IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Wierd Ebay Auctions_files/rolleyes.gif)

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Shock Trooper
Member # 18
Profile Homepage #20
Ok then, let's raise the stakes...

(Does a quick check of the CoC.)

Alright, the next person to yell out "I AM THE LIZARD QUEEN" get's one free Md soul on the house.
Warrior
Member # 2000
Profile Homepage #21
Someone sold their virginity on Ebay for over 2 Grand. That is by far the most famous of odd things sold on Ebay. EGM magazine sold a half-eaten sandwich for $40 for the Sept. 11th fund.
Peices of the second Mars Pathfinder (The one that was lost) and also scraps of the spaceship that crashed not so long ago.
A friend of mine buys used clothes in large quantity.

Whichever one of you claimed they are not allowed to sell body parts is sadly mistaken. Kidneys are quite frequent on the site.

--------------------
Since Imban Likes to Edit my Posts ...

... And Drakey likes to edit your signature. Stop it, Ed.
Infiltrator
Member # 16
Profile #22
I actually had a friend who tried to sell his virginity on ebay. He only got $5 for it though.

--------------------
You know, Scorp, there's a good reason you're not a moderator any more.
Posts: 441 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #23
quote:
Originally written by Lemur Industries:

Whichever one of you claimed they are not allowed to sell body parts is sadly mistaken. Kidneys are quite frequent on the site.
It's still against Ebay's rules; more to the point, it's illegal. If Ebay is notified of one of those auctions going on, it'll take it down.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #24
quote:
Originally written by TurtleWhipper:

I actually had a friend who tried to sell his virginity on ebay. He only got $5 for it though.
That's still a deal. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Wierd Ebay Auctions_files/tongue.gif)

Whatever did the buyer get, anyway? IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Wierd Ebay Auctions_files/confused.gif)

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.

Pages