Swamp City

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Swamp City
Apprentice
Member # 9028
Profile #0
Hey all. My dad is having trouble in Swamp City and I can't remember exactly what to do. He is looking for the Onyx Key and the Slith Tome, which the walkthrough says are in the brownish rooms to the northeast. He says he's been through them all, using Magic Map, and still can't find what he's looking for. Can anyone remind me specifically where these two items are? Is there a bookshelf to search or something?

My dad is really frustrated, and I am too because I can't figure out why things aren't where I remember them being. :( We had to use the editor to fix the spider problem. Please help...
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
The Slith tome, if I remember it, is sitting in the western most of the northeast group of rooms. I can't remember if the key is in the southern treasury room of that group.

There is a second key available in the Slith Temple so don't worry about it too much.
Apprentice
Member # 9028
Profile #2
Thanks. He couldn't find the key there either... it's frustrating, because I'm not there to see what he's doing. It could be something as simple as not realizing bookshelves are searchable (although he knows that now--I told him.)

He's just retired and he's really liking the game, but he's getting terribly frustrated by Exile. And I'm getting frustrated because the walkthroughs are incomplete.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
The Avernum Annotated Maps are your friends. Yes, the map covers Avernum, not Exile, but the differences are small enough that you can probably get by with it. And so can you father!

—Alorael, who thinks that's generally true of Exile. You're better off with the not quite identical but much more thorough Avernum walkthroughs.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 9028
Profile #4
Oh hey, these are cool. Thank you!
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #5
But don't use it for the golem factory in E3 :P .

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.

Muffins n' Hell
Apprentice
Member # 9028
Profile #6
We'll worry about that when we get there. My dad reports that he successfully found the slith tome and the onyx key. Hooray! Thank you.
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #7
It seems like everyone has been talking about their fathers lately. I would be a miracle if I got my dad into any sort of computer game except arcadey ones.

Edit: Ugh! I hate the A3 Golem Factory!!! Those lasers get on my nerves.

[ Tuesday, July 03, 2007 15:59: Message edited by: A Sunburned Fractal ]

--------------------
"The mouth is like the city gate. Opening it lets the soldiers of stupidity into the world."
--Shaper wisdom from G2

Porcrastinators Unite...Tomorrow!

The Mystic: "Vista is a rather funky and finicky OS to begin with."
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by A Sunburned Fractal:

I hate the A3 Golem Factory!!! Those lasers get on my nerves.
It's a good thing I don't have A3 yet then. The E3 Golem Factory is bad enough with its moving floors everywhere.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #9
The worst part of the E3 Golem Factory is that they just keep coming. You can never clear them out and fighting on the moving belts can move you away from where you want to go. So you have to go around the long way and hope that there isn't another fight.
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #10
Actually the E3 Golem factory is easy. Alchemy is your friend.

--------------------
My ego is bigger than yours.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #11
Just cast haste and run. It's easier just to avoid the mess. If you're getting killed by the breathing just drop a few antimagic fields down...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #12
Haste and Avatar. It worked in both E3 and A3 (though you use Arcane Shield in A3).

If they can't hurt you, they're not a problem.

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #13
I also find it hilarious that in A4, someone talks about how some people say that Adventures had to navigate on moving belts and that other people say that they fought their way through lazors.

However, it is best to find them and see exactly what they say.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.

Muffins n' Hell

This message board is great, but the others...