Naming Trakovites

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Naming Trakovites
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #0
On a whim (and after passing it by a mod) I became interested in starting a pro-trakovite group, more likely for the point of saying you're a Trakovite, but maybe kinda trying to spread the word about Trakovitism. I am still looking for a name for the group. anyone is welcome to come up with suggestions for a name or join.

--------------------
Let's all just shape gazers and hope it goes away.

I make guacamole at work
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #1
While we're at it, let's all become brothers and cast off the shackles of the government. Anarcho-Communism all the way! There will never be a war again, and people will forget who to make weapons because no one needs them!

Trakovites are just like Hippies and Communists; they have their heads in the clouds of idealism. If this wasn't humanity we were talking about, and some higher enlightened race instead, then Trakovites would have already one. It only takes one to ruin the whole ideology...

--------------------
Here will be the pet choices: Potatoe Salmon, Pet Rock, or Sabre-toothed Lime?
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #2
I am going to ask politely that all critics of Trakovitism please do not post on this thread unless it is on topic. I am relatively serious about this Trakovite group. Thank you.

[ Thursday, November 08, 2007 16:29: Message edited by: The Ratt ]

--------------------
The best way to spell Geneforge: "Genefroge"

I make guacamole at work
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #3
I'm a little confused by what you want. What does "spreading the word about Trakovitism" mean in practical terms? And why can't you use the name "Trakovite?"

Originally by Goldenking:

quote:
Trakovites are just like Hippies and Communists; they have their heads in the clouds of idealism.
Nonsense! A hippy's head is as filthy as the rest of their body and air pollution hasn't gotten quite that bad yet. :P

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #4
Thank you Diki, your input (comical, and serious) is greatly appreciated.

By spreading the word I mean presenting arguements about the advantages of Trakovitism.

I think I could probably use the word Trakovites, but the beliefs of the Trakovites are much like a religion and also saying trakovite beliefs every single time is rather... tedious.

Any name suggestions?I've thought of Trakovite Union, Public Trakovite Association. Rather bland.

[ Thursday, November 08, 2007 16:59: Message edited by: The Ratt ]

--------------------

I make guacamole at work
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #5
Meh. . . **** you. No offense. . . but **** you.

Seriously, though, Trakovites are like people who want to abolish nuclear energy. It won't happen, because everyone is afraid that someone will hold out, and almost everyone would hold out, too.

[ Thursday, November 08, 2007 18:34: Message edited by: Thoughts in Chaos ]

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #6
I think Trakovites are all very nice, but... why? Why an association devoted to it? I have to agree with Goldenking on this one.

By the way, why are Trakovites called Trakovites? I thought Trajkov was more of a proto-Barzite... :confused:

--------------------
"We were meant to live for so much more. Have we lost ourselves?" - Switchfoot
----
My poetry
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #7
Excuse me Nalyd, but I politely asked critics to save their critisicm for later. Please read all the posts before posting. Next time you imply swearing I may inform someone. Notice that the CoC says no swearing. Thank you.

--------------------

I make guacamole at work
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #8
Historical distortion.

And to add to the last post, nuclear power shouldn't be abolished, because even if the atom bomb is the most destructive controllable force on the planet, nuclear power itself brings incredible worthwhile benefits.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #9
Trakovites follow Trakovism. Really, if you follow Trakovism, you're a Trakovite. Just go with Trakovite.

Trakovites are called such because the word of Trajkov got distorted, and he was the big wise foreigner with no "j" in his name that threw away the temptations of the Geneforge. Khyryk (spelling?) explained it after asked. Or maybe it was the guy in Dillame. Anyways, it wasn't the Drayk.

PS, many people feel that Trakovism is equivalent to nuclear proliferation, a good idea but unimplementable.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #10
No. . . Trajkov the canister- and Geneforge-obsessed Sholai from G1 is the person who the Trakovites are named for. Historical distortion. They're both more or less equally evil.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #11
That's what I said. Though I can understand who my post could be misunderstood.

I'm sure that Trakovites would be Barzites if there weren't already Barzites. All for the irony.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #12
Is anyone actually interested in stating that they are a Trakovite and maybe joining? Or any names?

If not I may ask a mod to close the thread.

--------------------

I make guacamole at work
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #13
I think you are one of the few Trakovites.

Anyways, why not convert this thread into a debate about Trakovism?

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 8036
Profile #14
I kind of agree with the Trakovites.
But I do think that Shaping should not be thrown to waste.

--------------------
Put your heart into all you do, even when it seems your are diving head first to your demise, for your heart knows the right path to a true victory!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #15
I agree more with the Trakovites than the others. I think Jeff will take that ending for the start of GF5 since only with a stalemate can either side still win. The other endings leave one side in power with frightening results.
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #16
Shaping is too good to discard, but it's also easy to abuse. Therefore, it needs strict regulation by wise, stable people. Loyalism in a nutshell.

--------------------
"We were meant to live for so much more. Have we lost ourselves?" - Switchfoot
----
My poetry
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #17
Alright, anyone who thinks that the Trakovite motives make logical sense put

=:T:=

In your signature. Also anyone who is not up for getting rid of shaping completely or right away, but do think the Trakovites have a point, can put it in your signature.

Nalyd: Apology accepted.

--------------------

I make guacamole at work
Apprentice
Member # 5915
Profile #18
I'd like the option to play as a Trakovite in G5, just because it'll be tantalizingly difficult, and more fun to try to steer a middle path between sects. I don't really agree with their ideas though.

--------------------
Troop of Drayks
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #19
According to dubious legend, 'mafia' is an acronym for some Italian slogan. Perhaps this new group could be named in a similar way, from a basic proposition like, "The rebels are kind of vicious, imitating the evil Shapers."

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #20
Are you saying that you want to put... oooh, I see, the first letter of each word spells trakovite. I don't think that would work, unless we found something good to use. Any way not everyone would support what was encoded in trakovite.

--------------------
I make guacamole at work

=:T:=
Warrior
Member # 7099
Profile #21
Meh. The Trakovites are my favorite faction in gf4. but i foresee them getting overboard with the whole abolishing Shaping. Anyways, I think he should bring back the Awakened.

They were awesome. Well balanced. Powerful. Not annoying to all end. Which they were considered rebels right? in gf 1 and 2 there weren't just the shapers and rebels. there were a many different factions.

Anyways, who thinks the rebels are going to split into two different factions? Who thinks the shapers will split? I think its funny too that the attention has been drawn away from the serviles. Oh, and who actually likes the drakons? I don't find them all that useful to create. And the characters that are drakons are beyond annoying.

And im in favor of the old servile look back. In the first three. The new look is ugly :( oh and the firebolt animation from gf 1. that one was awesome :)

--------------------
I like everyone...I just like some people more than others!
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #22
quote:
Originally written by Lowbacca:

Anyways, who thinks the rebels are going to split into two different factions? Who thinks the shapers will split? I think its funny too that the attention has been drawn away from the serviles. Oh, and who actually likes the drakons? I don't find them all that useful to create. And the characters that are drakons are beyond annoying.

The only problem with the rebels splitting is that the human faction has been virtually destroyed. Even if you have the best possible rebel ending their isn't much left of the human side of the rebellion.

Its almost as if the drakons stood by and let the humans get destroyed so they wouldn't have to share the power. After the Ashen isles and initial invasion what did the drakons do?

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not