Newbie Character Question

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Newbie Character Question
Apprentice
Member # 10814
Profile #0
Hi, I'm new to Geneforge 4 (I played the demo's of the previous 3 but only registered number 2 and that was years ago) and was wondering about all the new character types (not sure I like the idea of playing as a serville to be totally honest...) and was wondering which character is the easiest to play for someone coming back to (or who is new) to the game, looking at a character who is fairly strong at the start but is still capable of holding their own come the end of the game. I was a big fan of Agent's in G2 but in G1 and G2 I always used shaper's. Just looking for some advice for someone coming back (effectively new) to the game
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #1
I personaly like warrior, but I don't suggest it.

From what I have heard, Infiltrator (strong in magic, weak in shaping) is very good.

--------------------
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
I like this image
FYI, Iffy is short for Infernal Flamming Muffin.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #2
Lifecrafter, Infiltrator, and Servile are all good starter characters. I'd go for the Lifecrafter personally, the idea of having up to eight monsters in your army is awesome.

--------------------
Fluffy Turtles of the World, Unite!
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #3
Servile is a very good starting character. Lifecrafted takes skill to create, Warrior isent the best.

Try a Servile or Infiltrator.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #4
The Lifecrafter is a Shaper. The Infiltrator is an Agent. The Warrior is a Guardian. If you're looking for a style you're already familiar with, pick one of those. (Although since parry isn't broken in G4 like it is in G2, the Warrior isn't a very strong character.)

The Servile is essentially a cross between an Agent and Guardian. (There are a few places dialogue will be different, but playing as a servile doesn't effect the game in any meaningful way.) The Shock Trooper is a Shaper with less magic and more skill in hitting things. (My personal favorite, but not generally a highly recommended class.)

Dikiyoba suggests an Infiltrator or a Lifecrafter for your first playthough.

Edit: Typo.

[ Sunday, September 30, 2007 08:50: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #5
I like Lifecrafter best, but Shocktrooper is great if you've played "missile Guardians" in the past. Serviles can become virtually indestructible characters if you get lots of shielding spells (steel skin, essence shield/armor, augmentation, elemental cloak, etc.) And now that you can attack even with only 1 AP left, melee characters have a new edge.

--------------------
"We were meant to live for so much more. Have we lost ourselves?" - Switchfoot
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #6
Lifecrafters can trounce any other class, and are very flexible. Personally, I can never get a servile to work, so I stick with lifecrafters.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaEl PresidenteWhere the Rivers MeetA Visit to the Madhouse
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #7
Serviles work well if you think of them as guardians/agents. They get to pick from battle spells and combat options for whatever the situation. When all else fails at the end, they can still create a few powerful creations to help them out.

Lifecrafter (shaper) is the easiest to run since all you really need is to raise intelligence, a shaping class, and some blessing magic. Infiltrator (agent) works well if you prefer spells.