Rotghroth

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Rotghroth
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #25
They will never be as strong or as smart as drakons. Drakons can shape, they are also fiercly independent. Rotghroths have only brute force (already made obsolete by the war trall) and pose little threat when seperated from their shaper masters. Gazers have a far better chance of overtaking drakons as the rebellion's leaders than rotghroths do.

--------------------
You lose.
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #26
They will never be as strong or as smart as drakons. Drakons can shape, they are also fiercly independent. Rotghroths have only brute force (already made obsolete by the war trall) and pose little threat when seperated from their shaper masters. Gazers have a far better chance of overtaking drakons as the rebellion's leaders than rotghroths do.

hmm,i dunno,my friend showed me a fight between his drakon and Rotghroth blessed,and sped up and all that fancy stuff,the Rotghroth didn't even reach half hp. I think the Rotghroth could beat the War Trall, and how do they pose little threats when they are away from their shapers?

--------------------
R.R
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #27
Needless to say, there are plenty of rogue rotghroths out there. But unlike other rogues, who terrorize towns and get bounties put on them, rotghroths prefer to hide in piles of rotting trash. To each his own, but I don't think they'll be getting around to world domination any time soon.

As for their performance in battle, rather than base my analysis on actual battles in the game, which are skewed so that the player can win, I base it on the fact that rotghroths are not even in the final tier of creations anymore. Drakons, gazers, and war trall are all stronger by definition (though, admittedly, not necessarily in practice).

--------------------
You lose.
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #28
I see what you mean.
They hide in piles of garbage?
so,your first encounter with a Rotghroth is like,it jumps out of a pile of garbage or something?

--------------------
R.R
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #29
I remember in Geneforge 3, when you first see one it says it looks like a heavily modified battle alpha, so that's probably why they were made. The reason Shapers forbid drayks is not just that they are powerful, but that they are too intelligent to be properly obedient. As far as I know, the only creations able to talk are serviles, servant minds, drayks, drakons, and gazers, and battle alphas and thahds (to a limited extent with a very simple vocabulary). Vlish and roamers are sometimes described as being cunning, but they can't communicate in words.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Shock Trooper
Member # 549
Profile #30
Vlishes are probably the next most intelligent creations below Serviles. They're probably more intelligent than Battle Alphas and Thahds. They've been shown to have limited psychic abilities. They're also used to command other creations. They just can't talk. Plus Gazers/Eyebeasts are based on Vlishes.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #31
I never thought of Vlish as intelligent, just cunning, like a fox is cunning.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #32
Vlish are too cute to rule the world.

--------------------
"Inspiration comes from hard work" -Charles Baudelaire.
Apprentice
Member # 8038
Profile #33
I'd think that rothogth make a very good attack force if in numbers.

but then,it has its drawbacks
-it hurts the morale of non-rotgoth troops
-acording t the introscreens they are decaing,but slowly.
and the have poor senses,so the may turn on thier fomer master.

and it has acid covering,it should go mad from pain as the acid burns its skin

--------------------
Ornk's rule!!!
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #34
I find this conversation amusing.

Oh, and I never left. I was lurking.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #35
quote:
Originally written by Marcelo:

Vlish are too cute to rule the world.
They're cute? I must have missed that when they tried to kill me repeatedly, or when I had my own and killed those annoying Barzites :D .

Though I just went for a Wingbolt in GF4- they're almost on par with fire creations for their combat abilities. (Magic are normally "artillery" creations (powerful ranged attack and weak melee), Battle are "punchbags or meatshields" (strong melee but no ranged), with fire being a combination of the two).

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #36
quote:
Vicheron:
Vlishes are probably the next most intelligent creations below Serviles. They're probably more intelligent than Battle Alphas and Thahds. They've been shown to have limited psychic abilities. They're also used to command other creations. They just can't talk. Plus Gazers/Eyebeasts are based on Vlishes.
I don't think being psychic is a sign of intelligence, as strange as it may sound. Vlish rarely go rogue, they are probably too dumb to live on their own, they don't make use of their tentacled to use tools or anything like that. Gazers are certainly smarter than vlish, being basically an upgraded version of them. Drakons are obviously smarter, and drayks, too. I might even say Battle Alphas are smarter because it says they have basic reasoning skills, whil reasoning with a vlish seems impossible. You can calm a vlish because of it's phychic abilities but I think any animal would behave the same way if it had psychic abilities.
quote:
BLACK HAZE:
so,your first encounter with a Rotghroth is like,it jumps out of a pile of garbage or something?
My first encounter with one was in a lab, where they were created. But yes, just about every subsequent encounter involved piles of garbage.

[ Saturday, February 24, 2007 08:48: Message edited by: Emperor Tullegolar ]

--------------------
You lose.
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #37
A properly grown Rotghroth can speak and has basic reasoning skills. If I remember correctly Vlish are marked as having, "moderate rogue tendencies." So they may go rogue more often than you think.

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #38
You all are so smart about this game,i just started playing g4. I am just curious about all these creations, i think all the magical creations are the smartest,especially the vlish,in certain areas I think there is a part where you feel thoughts or whatever going through you mind,and saying you are in the presence of a vlish.

i need some suggestions about a shaper,should you train his magic skills? or just intel.,heal craft,and shape skills?

--------------------
R.R
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #39
One-on-one, a Rotghroth would have no problem dealing with a Drakon. But the Drakon can Shape, and that makes all the difference.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #40
Remember if you talk to the master of southforge citadel and object to making charged vlish because they are doomed creations, he tells you that vlish are just animals.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #41
can someone answer my question please?
should you give a shaper just intelligence,fire,magic,and battle shaping skills?
or should you add magic and endurance?

--------------------
R.R
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #42
Yes, you will want to increase your magic. Your creations will be much more dangerous all buffed up.

Dikiyoba.
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #43
what is the highest combat level you can go up to in geneforge 4?

--------------------
R.R
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #44
Does this help?

By the way, you don't really need to worry about knowing exactly what to expect and optimizing on your first playthrough. If you aren't playing on torment, you'll be able to get away with just about whatever you try.

Dikiyoba.
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #45
back to the Rotghroth though...what does it mean by "poor senses"? and "extra guidance required"?

--------------------
R.R
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #46
It's just flavour text. It has no gameplay effect. As such, interpret it as you will.

quote:
Remember if you talk to the master of southforge citadel and object to making charged vlish because they are doomed creations, he tells you that vlish are just animals.
That guy's also the most severely canister-addicted person you meet in the game; anything he has to say about creations is therefore suspect.

[ Saturday, February 24, 2007 14:06: Message edited by: Cryptozoology ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #47
Vlish are cute, I insist, when they float and dance all around with their tentacles. Also when they shout for help, they sound like.. er... squirrels?

--------------------
"Inspiration comes from hard work" -Charles Baudelaire.
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #48
Not so cute when they form packs that are conected through telekinesis and when you attack one it calls all its buddies (if you don't kill it in one hit).

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #49
Originally by Thuryl:

quote:
That guy's also the most severely canister-addicted person you meet in the game; anything he has to say about creations is therefore suspect.
It's also slightly ironic that you can tell Dassa the minetender that "I should try to protect the lives of even my simplest creations." without ever questioning the use of mines.

Dikiyoba.

Pages