Rotghroth

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Rotghroth
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #50
Well it probably would depend on what type of mine is used right? I mean, the rebel mines are just organic goo (correct me if I'm wrong). The mines more commonly used by the Shapers are the ones with creature-like characteristics. And even with the shaper mines, if you disarm them, they are still technically alive.

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #51
quote:
Retlaw May:
A properly grown Rotghroth can speak and has basic reasoning skills.
I can't remember ever speaking to one, where does it say they can talk?
quote:
BLACK HAZE:
the vlish,in certain areas I think there is a part where you feel thoughts or whatever going through you mind,and saying you are in the presence of a vlish.
I think this is more due to the mental prowess of your chracter. Shapers tend to have significant mental powers when it comes to dealing with any kind of creation.
quote:
Thuryl:
That guy's also the most severely canister-addicted person you meet in the game; anything he has to say about creations is therefore suspect.
You, my friend, have been brainwashed by Shaper propaganda. I could just as easily say that since he is addicted to canisters, he is seeing far more clearly than any of us and would thus have unique insight into creations.

--------------------
You lose.
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #52
The first Rotghroth that you ever meet in G3 talks to you. He asks for help with killing a battle alpha.

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

-Friedich Nietzche
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #53
The one in the Display Warren, you mean. That's the second rothgroth you meet, if you kill the one in Gull South Docks first.

[/pedantry]

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #54
ET, Shapers can sense the thoughts of Vlish because the Vlish themselves are are telepathic, which is how they communicate. Nalyd could start a canister debate here, but he won't. He's nice that way.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #55
i wonder why the Rotghroth doesn't attacc you instead of talking. I would have eaten the shaper! :D

--------------------
R.R
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #56
I forgot about that one talking Rotghroth. Well, it seems to be the exception, not the rule. They are still as dumb as the trash they live in.

As for vlish, their psychic abilities are very limited. They can use it to communicate, which, while efficient, is not a sign of superior intelligence. They can also use their minds to disrupt opponents, but a common mage can do the same thing. They are not so tough.

--------------------
You lose.
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #57
okay,so rotghroths bother no one unless someone finds their garbage pile?
so in other words,they are non aggressive creatures?

--------------------
R.R
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #58
They are much less aggressive than most rogue creations. Roamers, fyoras, and thahds often get bounties put on them because they like to attack civilians and farmland, most likely for food. Higher creations like drayks and will usually form communities due to their intelligence, sometimes reclusive, sometimes aggressice. But some just stake out a small bit of territory and generally don't bother people unless said territory is violated, rotghroths and glaaks are examples of this.

By far the most agressive of all creations are the serviles. They form communities that are often banditry oriented or worse (the rebellion). They are devious and should never be trusted, they usually arm themselves and sometimes attack humans outright.

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #59
GF1 has serviles getting the idea of banditry from a human book.

Some creations just want to be left alone. The serviles of Sucia Island would probably resolved their differences eventually when one faction died out. Since the Takers were being poisoned by a sealed lab, they were more likely to have been the ones.
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #60
Okay,so is G4 worth buying? If so i'mma buy it tonight,but if its boring and easy i don't want anything to do with it.

--------------------
R.R
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #61
Imagine what it would be like farming your land and then a pack of a dozen Rtoghroths attack you :eek: .

--------------------

-Kripke

-Friedich Nietzche
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #62
BLAZK HAZE: Buy it already! It's awesome, damn it!

--------------------
You lose.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #63
quote:
Originally written by BLACK HAZE:

Okay,so is G4 worth buying? If so i'mma buy it tonight,but if its boring and easy i don't want anything to do with it.
Make your own decision man! :) no one should tell you what to buy or not to buy. In another thread you ask about the best creations, just go your way, pick your favorite ones and explore, take sides and kill some nasty monsters! that's the way to go ;) Every one will have a different reason to pick one of another creation, pick yours!
greetings :D

--------------------
"Inspiration comes from hard work" -Charles Baudelaire.
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #64
I will keep that in mind, thank you.

--------------------
R.R
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #65
I think that rotghoroths are icky but very interesting, I imagine them as the undead zombies of geneforge, like slow decaying corpses. I think they are very tortured creations inside that corrupted body...

So the upgraded version is called corrupted rothghotorh? Aw I really liked the name Rotdizon(whatever) it's a very cool name...

I find the vlish amusing too, they not only master mental effects, they are also very poisonous. :eek: and they hover in the air!!
Apprentice
Member # 8175
Profile #66
they wont rule the world with shapers interfering
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #67
yes,i also like the name "Rotdhizon" its alot coler...but theior body is already corrupted...how much more corrupted can they get..."corrupted Rotghroth"? hmm...thats a bit too much.

--------------------
R.R
Apprentice
Member # 7501
Profile #68
Vlish telekineses isn't solely limited to shapers, in G3 at dhonal's keep(west side) you kill a vlish which was inhabiting a warehouse, and the woman who gave the quest said:(QOUTE)
"And here's the strange thing. Don't think I'm crazy, but something isn't right in there. hen I'm in there, things are strange, and too cold. I keep trying to make myself think it's my imagination, but I don't know"
-i think im gonna make a collection of "shaper notes" of the creations from all 4 versions

--------------------
previous display name was TAKE ALL
SHAPER I am ALWAYS with you i know all that u do i know all of your secrets including how to shape
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #69
Nice then, lately a lot of new people have arrived, i'm glad that they have nice proposition for the forum. :)

We are really getting confused imaginating the creations, maybe someone talented should make some fan-art, that would be cool.
Warrior
Member # 8165
Profile #70
what would a ur-drakon,or a rotdhizon look like?
is it any different from the regular forms?

--------------------
R.R
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #71
Ur-Drakons are like drakons only red. Rotdhizons are like rotghroths only green.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #72
Yeah, lazy Jeff :)
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #73
Cheap Jeff, rather. He doesn't make his own graphics, so more pretty pictures cost more money.

—Alorael, who means this as no slander of Spiderweb Software or any associated parties. He does, however, have to wonder if maybe a few bytes could be shaved off of download sizes by clever in-game palette swaps.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #74
quote:
Originally written by V. V. W. W.:

He does, however, have to wonder if maybe a few bytes could be shaved off of download sizes by clever in-game palette swaps.
Doesn't he already do this? BoA, at least, has icon adjustment settings.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!

Pages