The Warrior...... Utterly Useless?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: The Warrior...... Utterly Useless?
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #0
Before Facepalming Hecatonchire's (can't remember how to spell his/her name) challenge, the Warrior wasn't quite the worst, although pretty close. Now however, the Shocktrooper is more powerful with her many creations than the Warrior with his fighting ability. The Shocktrooper has beaten the Warrior now, and has become the Lifecrafter that doesn't blow away in a breeze. Also, now Thuryl has discovered that the Servile is better at the pure Melee, no Magic that used to be the only way the Warrior unique.

Is the Warrior really any use anymore? All of the Warrior's playing styles can now be played just as easily, or easier, as an other class. Is there any reason to pick the Warrior other than the graphic anymore?
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #1
You don't have to play as a lowly servile, duh. :rolleyes:

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #2
He looks more imposing than a little rebel servile.

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #3
Originally by Kyrek:

quote:
Before Facepalming Hecatonchire's (can't remember how to spell his/her name) challenge...
Slartucker. Or Slarty.

quote:
Is the Warrior really any use anymore? All of the Warrior's playing styles can now be played just as easily, or easier, as an other class. Is there any reason to pick the Warrior other than the graphic anymore?
Dikiyoba thinks we need to turn playing a Warrior into a challenge. Or find someone who will love it now and forever, no matter how ineffective it may be. Either one will work.
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #4
I find it fun....., but it's no longer unique.I wish it was, but with the inclusion of the servile it no longer is.

quote:
Slartucker. Or Slarty.
Thanks, I couldn't remember the spelling at the time.

quote:
You don't have to play as a lowly servile, duh.
quote:
He looks more imposing than a little rebel servile.
So basically the only reasons so far are:
- if you are like ET and hate serviles.
- because the graphic looks cooler.

If the Warrior had some kind of strength bonus, or some other bonus, it would be unique, but without it, it's like a lesser Servile.
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #5
A human can't be lesser than a servile. :mad:

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #6
Guardian Magma has been absent for a while so we don't have his opinion of his favorite class.

The main reason to run a servile is the starting stats are slightly better, especially for these strange challenges. A warrior isn't completely useless, just mostly.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #7
Well, there's one challenge for which the Warrior is 100% optimal.

The Trakovite Royale -- no creations, no canisters, AND no magic. The Warrior and Servile are the obvious winners here, and IIRC the Warrior's HP bonus is 2 HP higher than the Servile's. So he just barely edges out the Servile.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Facepalming Hecatonchire:

Well, there's one challenge for which the Warrior is 100% optimal.

The Trakovite Royale -- no creations, no canisters, AND no magic. The Warrior and Servile are the obvious winners here, and IIRC the Warrior's HP bonus is 2 HP higher than the Servile's. So he just barely edges out the Servile.

Dude. Read the first post of my thread in which I'm actually doing that challenge. The Servile is the one with 2 more HP, and it also gets slightly better starting leadership/mechanics.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #9
See, this is why I like to say IIRC. Because I seem to be turning into Ronald Reagan at 24.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #10
A human is far less than a servile. It is not created for a purpose by great and powerful shaper mages. Humans are meat for shaper creations.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Warrior
Member # 5363
Profile Homepage #11
If I remember correctly, the warrior type was useful in 2, but not in 3. I know in 2, what I did with my guardian is put everything into parry, endurance, and shaping stuff (mostly). I charged in first, mostly invulnerable, and let my drayks do all of the damage. Problem is, Parry isn't rigged in 3 (it was in two,), and I will assume it isn't in 4 either...
So yeah,,, the warrior...

--------------------
Learn from others mistakes. Its safer
and more entertaining than learning on your own.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #12
The problem with the Warrior in G4 is that there's another class exactly like it only better.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #13
Not exactly true. The problem is that the class exchanges the warrior's weakness for a strength, or at least adequacy. Serviles excel at fighting even more than warriors and do better at the far more useful magic skills.

—Alorael, who is sure shaping will rise again! Maybe even Shapers, too.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00