Brief Geneforge 4 Update

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Brief Geneforge 4 Update
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #50
What about a creation color change option? It might be interesting to have a little more control in the creation of your creation.

And while I'm at it, I'd like to see a few balancing issues that I'm starting to notice, sorted out...
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #51
The problem with controlling what your creations look like is that Shapers generally don't know how to do such trivial things. Shapers succeed through trial and error, and don't really have time to concern themselves with changing the color of a functional creation.

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #52
I can easily see young shapers giggling in the corners of the lab when their stern master finds his menacing battle alphas coming out of the vat with lime green splotches. And I'm sure those same apprentices eventually slip a little pyro in the roamers.

—Alorael, who can see the now very upset stern master then requiring his giggling young proteges to clean up the mess. With their robes. Without a chance to wash those robes afterwards.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 549
Profile #53
I'm really hoping that the fighter class can learn some special abilities/techniques like charge or shield bash. Guardian was the most boring class in the previous GF games.

It would also be nice if there were labs where you could improve spells and creations.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #54
quote:
Originally written by Vicheron:

It would also be nice if there were labs where you could improve spells and creations.
Someone remember my "ADV Shaping" thread? That is.

Read it there.

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #55
I would like to see an interesting set of functions added to this game which come from another game called Evil Islands. In the game you can run, walk, sneak, and crawl. This increases the strategy of the game. It would make for interesting graphics and functionality. I know it sounds odd.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #56
GF4 has much improved sneaking.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #57
An idea. I want to have a picture of toast somewhere in the game. Lets say an inn where you can buy different foodstuffs, toast, wine, milk for those nonalcoholic types, chicken apples, etc.

--------------------

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #58
Mmmm, chicken apples. Like crab apples?

[ Tuesday, September 19, 2006 09:55: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #59
Chicken apples are flying apples, kind of like flying pineapples which can only be found deep in the desert of zounds...

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 7501
Profile #60
ok...5 classes, im guessing ittl be shaper, agent, gaurdian and servile... but what is the 5th one???

--------------------
previous display name was TAKE ALL
SHAPER I am ALWAYS with you i know all that u do i know all of your secrets including how to shape
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #61
You're not a shaper.

[ Tuesday, September 19, 2006 14:47: Message edited by: Odim ]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #62
Wrong, wrong, wrong, and right. But for all practical purposes, they're all right.

—Alorael, who thinks the classes were already discussed. The real question, which still has not been answered, is which possible combination of skills isn't available. No, it's not really intuitive at all.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #63
It's too late for GF4, but how about one that is bad at everything. Having high costs for fighting, magic, and shaping for those people who complain that the game is still too easy on torment. The slow curve for advancement would be a change.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #64
Heh, kind of like the 'tourist' class in (what game was it? Angband? No, Nethack, definitely.). And for a graphic, just use the 'normal human' ones. Even with choices of race and sex. You would just be a normal dude, caught up in it all.

But it's easy to play a handicapped character if you want to. Just don't use all your skill points.

EDIT: Thanks to Thuryl for the immediately following information. I can ill afford to enrage either of these communities, for I bear an uncanny resemblance to an ASCII character.

[ Wednesday, September 20, 2006 00:49: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #65
quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:

Heh, kind of like the 'tourist' class in (what game was it? Angband?).
You're thinking of Nethack. Confusing Nethack with Angband tends to enrage fans of both games.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #66
Which character do you resemble? I sincerely hope that it's @.

—Alorael, who now has urges to translate many things into Roguelike. His + is always ', Onward and <, that sort of thing.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #67
I'm afraid I can't afford to make it 256 times easier for my enemies. They are rough characters.

[ Wednesday, September 20, 2006 10:41: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------

Pages