Brief Geneforge 4 Update

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Brief Geneforge 4 Update
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #25
You could always use the missing class as a challenge for those that really want to play it over with a handicap.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #26
I still think it wouldn't be much of handicap, but it might be if you had to play with a stick figure.

—Alorael, who thinks a real challenge would be a class that is okay at everything but not really good at anything. Or, for the truly masochistic, a class that is bad at everything!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6161
Profile #27
The weakest class of the six... let me guess...

Decent combat, weak magic and good shaping.

The beta-testers can avoid howlers dropping on their breakfast tables by not saying I am crrect.
Warrior
Member # 5118
Profile #28
Six character......*Mutters*

What is that? A pig?????

Not a servile, eh?

[ Friday, August 18, 2006 01:39: Message edited by: felix ]

--------------------
This apple? no. That apple? no. What about that orange? no. "What DO YOU WANT!!!!" 'Wink' "I want the apple you are eating."
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #29
The sixth class is a regenerating exploding ornk. It pulls itself together after several rounds then wanders into the next area and blows up again. It is very good at stealth.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #30
I don't know...it's kind of hard to be stealthy when you keep exploding.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #31
One would think they would be good at diplomacy. All they'd have to do is get up very close to people and yell.

"Let me pass, or I'll explode!"

"Lower your prices, or I'll explode!"

"Let me join your sect without having to do any missions, or I'll explode!"

Dikiyoba.

Edit: Typo.

[ Friday, August 18, 2006 16:04: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #32
You could have serviles with a shaping class but it's ornk. Someone has to make them.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #33
quote:
Originally written by Spidweb:

By popular request, I have put Khyryk into the game.

Also, items in your pack no longer contribute to weight. Items you wear do.

I just saw this thread, and I am once again excited about G4. Hallelujah for good design decisions!

This game is going to be great, and I look forward to having many inane, nitpicky conversations about character builds on this board.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #34
It should totally have, in addition to the traditional story paths, a new one: one where you choose to be a humble artisan or farmer while the rebellion occurs.

You would have to fulfill monthly orders of Ornks, fill up sacks of grain, make living tools, etc.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #35
quote:
Originally written by Slarty:

quote:
Originally written by Spidweb:

By popular request, I have put Khyryk into the game.

Also, items in your pack no longer contribute to weight. Items you wear do.

I just saw this thread, and I am once again excited about G4. Hallelujah for good design decisions!

This game is going to be great, and I look forward to having many inane, nitpicky conversations about character builds on this board.

Oh please come back!

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #36
Slarty! Slartucker the Great...The Slartymeister...Slartorama...Slartyyyy.

wb

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #37
quote:
Originally written by Slarty:

There will be plenty!

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 7099
Profile #38
Does anyone else like the graphic for Firebolt in GF1 then in gf2 and 3? I think its much better in the first one. It look like more of a bolt. The firebolt in the other ones look like more of a flamethrower.

Also, I'd like to see a Healing creature, like in the majic class. but they heal small amounts. but still, that would be sweet, id love it.

And be able to recruit more than just 2 allies. I liked the amount in GF2, but you couldnt control them, which caused much death. OK, im donenow bye.

Also, id like to see a new graphic for the drakon. Personally, i dont like the look. there is something missing. Oh well. Anyways, i love these games, GF4 is going to be sweet!

[ Tuesday, August 22, 2006 10:42: Message edited by: Lowbacca ]

--------------------
I like everyone...I just like some people more than others!
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #39
Hooray for Geneforge 4!

My silly proposal for the missing sixth class is a character who starts at level 40, but everytime they gain experience they go down a level and they have to use their skill points to reduce their skills. All creations attack the PC on sight so you are forced to reduce levels. The end game would be... interesting (i.e. you are at your weakest fighting the strongest enemies).

My serious proposal for GF4 is as follows: whenever you begin casting a spell and then an enemy comes into sight and combat mode starts, at present you forfeit the essence and energy but do not benefit from the spell effect. This strikes me as unfair. Either the spell should be completely aborted (i.e. you keep the essence and energy) or completed (i.e. the spell has effect). I don't like paying for nothing!

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #40
The loss of spell points and essence also exists in the Avernum games where you cast a spell that can't work at that time. It's a bug where the subtraction occurs before checking on whether it will work because of circumstances.
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #41
I would like to have more control over how my character looks. It would be neat to have pink hair, greeen skin, glowing red eyes, and bright purple pants. This might make the character more interesting. A shop where you can have your clothes dyed, your weapons colorized, etc. would be very nice.

--------------------

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Apprentice
Member # 7392
Profile #42
quote:
Originally written by Micawber:

My silly proposal for the missing sixth class is a character who starts at level 40, but everytime they gain experience they go down a level and they have to use their skill points to reduce their skills. All creations attack the PC on sight so you are forced to reduce levels. The end game would be... interesting (i.e. you are at your weakest fighting the strongest enemies).
Or play through the game without paying any skill so they won't go up. :D

That would make it soo much hard... anyone ever tried it? A Weakest Character Challenge? You can still equip items though. :D

--------------------
If there was only one last shaper alive on Sucia Island...

~Formerly known as Genexile~
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #43
Wouldn't it be nice if you can fuse your monsters into a stronger one??

--------------------
Oh you're a cute Adze-Haakai you are..
Apprentice
Member # 6613
Profile Homepage #44
I am wondering about beta testing. I would be interested in testing it. Will there be a period where people can sign up, and if there is, when do you think it will be?

--------------------
I'll Be Back!
Loyal Underling
Member # 13
Profile #45
Yes, in maybe a month for Mac.

--------------------
[i]Great Potato[/i]
"Unless by the force of eloquence they mean the force of truth; for if such is their meaning, I admit that I am eloquent." -- Socrates
Posts: 126 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #46
An insane idea. Why not have an intelligent spawner. Lets say it can generate various loyal creations that make it very hard to kill. You have to get past it, but it is too tough to kill. It gives you a bunch of seeds to plant to make other intelligent spawners--- you have to go to a very remote and deadly place to plant the seeds... Kind of like a much larger spawner, with eight mouth parts about the size of a small tree. Call it a tree of life...

[ Friday, August 25, 2006 09:00: Message edited by: I'll Steal Your Toast ]

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 5311
Profile #47
I think it would be nice to have controll over what your creathions look like.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #48
Graphics are always in short supply. Besides, different looking creations are always different creations.

—Alorael, who would be very unhappy if his cryoas turned green, his drayks turned red, and his vlishes had smiley faces.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 1688
Profile #49
IMAGE(http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n273/foozlebum/vlish_grin.gif)

That would be disturbing, wouldn't it?

Pages