Brief Geneforge 4 Update

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Brief Geneforge 4 Update
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #0
Working on section 50 out of, probably, 81.

By popular request, I have put Khyryk into the game. I didn't originally intend to, but when I saw that people wanted him back, I realized that he really, really should be there. He is the character that introduces the ideas that are becoming very important to the series.

Also, his dialogue is fun to write.

Also, items in your pack no longer contribute to weight. Items you wear do. Your squishy caster type in full plate won't move so good. This was a suggestion made on these boards, and I liked it.

So you see? Sometimes posts on these boards do make a difference.

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #1
Yes!!!!!

These updates sound great! Khryk is probably, for me, the most interesting character in Geneforge. I'm glad that G4 is using the only weight is the items you wear endurence system. That was, for me, the only thing that bothered me, the weight system.
Apprentice
Member # 7364
Profile #2
hey jeff is it ok if you like make the guy in geneforge 1 the was the leader of the sholi a ghost seeking revenge or something?

--------------------
You have not seen until you have crossed over to the darkness and power.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #3
Good to hear all five things.

Dikiyoba supposes that we will just have to wait and see if Learned Darian appears again.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #4
But hopefully, she/he can appear as a ghost seeking revenge.

And I think I remember hearing that Geneforge will have a plot which goes in a different direction. And it's great to say so, but it's even better to give us examples. Please?

[ Tuesday, August 08, 2006 19:59: Message edited by: This text ]

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #5
Thanks to the new weight scheme I can pile on the equipment into the pack and switch out as needed. I'm trying to remember what they called the Dungeons & Dragon character that had a backpack twice his size.

Edit: I think the miniature figure was the complete dungeoneer. Although the complete packrat was more accurate.

[ Saturday, August 12, 2006 20:58: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
Warrior
Member # 5118
Profile #6
What about releasing your creation and be able to make them neutrual, hostile and friendly?

--------------------
This apple? no. That apple? no. What about that orange? no. "What DO YOU WANT!!!!" 'Wink' "I want the apple you are eating."
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #7
What about character classes? Are there going to be new classes with different strong and weak skillsts, or will the same classes be carried over from previous games?

I like the new weight system, btw.

--------------------
Nobody appreciates me. It's all "Igor! Fetch some wine!" "Igor! Clean up this experiment!" or "Igor! Bury this in the garden, we're leaving town in 10 minutes!"

—Alorael, who tried to become a deivore once. The priest gave him a funny look after the third wafer.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #8
Well, since you're not a Shaper, the classes have to be different.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

Well, since you're not a Shaper, the classes have to be different.
Well yes, that was why I was asking. I am wondering if the same sets of strong/medium/weak skillsets will just be applied to renamed classes.

I would also find it very neat if there was an infiltraitor class that paid less skill points for mechanics, leadership, and luck.

--------------------
Nobody appreciates me. It's all "Igor! Fetch some wine!" "Igor! Clean up this experiment!" or "Igor! Bury this in the garden, we're leaving town in 10 minutes!"

—Alorael, who tried to become a deivore once. The priest gave him a funny look after the third wafer.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
Both your wishes are sort of granted!

—Alorael, who can't be any more specific. He agreed not to be, and it's also funnier that way.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #11
Edit: Ignore Dikiyoba's post.

[ Sunday, August 13, 2006 19:55: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by Cuarenta dias y noches de soledad:

Both your wishes are sort of granted!

—Alorael, who can't be any more specific. He agreed not to be, and it's also funnier that way.

Jerk :P

--------------------

Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #13
There are also more classes because you can be a servile or a human. There.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
====
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #14
Now you can play a slave. "Yes master. May I lick your boots master." Just think about the guard, Stover, in the Greenwood Academy in GF3.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #15
Wow, servile abilities sound like a barrel of fun. In what category are humans inferior to the serviles if I may ask?

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #16
Don't even bother putting points into Groveling or Grape Peeling as a human. You won't get anywhere.

—Alorael, who thinks he can avoid having the SEP goons sent to his house if he reveals that GF4 follows the Spiderweb tradition of flexible characters. Your servile is good at some things and bad at others, but you can still do everything that a human can do. Except talk back to the Shapers, because they're really not into that.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #17
But if you're a Servile put lots of points into Leadership, or else whenever you take one of those dialog options that ends in '(Lie.)', your nose will grow even longer.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #18
There are 5 classes, each emphasizing different orders of skills. Four are human.

To anicipate a question, I didn't put in the sixth for two reasons. One, I didn't think that skill set worked well. Two, didn't have time to make a sixth PC graphic.

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #19
I often find myself thinking that the missing sixth class is exactly what I'm playing as, only with less efficient use of skill points. Now I suspect that I'm about to run into a cold, hard wall of character misuse.

—Alorael, who wonders what Synergy's metaphor has to say about that. Some people just struggle their whole lives to be good at the things that just aren't in them and end up being worthless?
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #20
Serviles are better at crafting than humans... at least it appears that way in the game. So tool use bonus probably. They should also be better at sneaking around. Less visible, more dexterity. That is my guess. They seem to make all the really powerful items for the rogue creations.

It would be interesting to have something about this. They seem to be able to make some really cool things. It would be interesting to see why this is possible. When the magic side gets suppressed it causes the technical side to go haywire. It might be interesting to see a mad servile craftsman or two capable of making some really crazy stuff.

I somehow don't think the giant dragons, or the floating eyes could really make the delicate instruments like pylon controls or microscope pieces very well.

[ Tuesday, August 15, 2006 16:59: Message edited by: I'll Steal Your Toast ]

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #21
And no one expects a supposedly loyal servile to be infiltrating their citadel of top-secret research.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #22
Not everything will manifest through skills - dialogue and options are different depending on your race.

--------------------
====
====
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #23
quote:
Originally written by Spidweb:

So you see? Sometimes posts on these boards do make a difference.
Is very clever to say. :)

quote:
Originally written by Spidweb:

Also, items in your pack no longer contribute to weight. Items you wear do. Your squishy caster type in full plate won't move so good. This was a suggestion made on these boards, and I liked it.
This is even better. The encumbereance was very annoying.

------

PS: I'm not back, actually.

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #24
quote:
Originally written by Spaghetti is a toy.:

I often find myself thinking that the missing sixth class is exactly what I'm playing as, only with less efficient use of skill points. Now I suspect that I'm about to run into a cold, hard wall of character misuse.

—Alorael, who wonders what Synergy's metaphor has to say about that. Some people just struggle their whole lives to be good at the things that just aren't in them and end up being worthless?

Clearly you don't require my interpretation. I'd say you've followed the metaphor through logically. I note the word worth-less. It's worth less, but I wouldn't say "goodfornuthin'." Perhaps a lovely talking doorstop...

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt

Pages