Story LIne

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Story LIne
Warrior
Member # 5118
Profile #0
Quote:
The highly-anticipated fourth game in the Geneforge series is coming by the end of the year!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ummmmmmmmm,i think the story line in G1 is bad, G2's OK and G3's pretty good. i wonder how G4 will go...

--------------------
This apple? no. That apple? no. What about that orange? no. "What DO YOU WANT!!!!" 'Wink' "I want the apple you are eating."
Loyal Underling
Member # 13
Profile #1
Are you kidding? Geneforge 1 had the best out of the bunch by far!

--------------------
[i]Great Potato[/i]
"Unless by the force of eloquence they mean the force of truth; for if such is their meaning, I admit that I am eloquent." -- Socrates
Posts: 126 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #2
I don't know about 'by far'. I think G2 and G3 work well as logical developments. But G1 was definitely a bit better. Everything kind of worked, and the only loose end that was there for me was that there was no indication of just how the PC was growing in power so quickly. That got taken for granted as part of CRPG convention, when in fact the Geneforge-y theme of the game offered a great opportunity to make it an important working part of the story.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #3
I know a few people that loved G1, but refused to buy 2 (and I guess 3) because they felt nothing was substantually new (including plot).

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #4
I think G1 has the best plot out of the first three Geneforges. It felt a little more believable than the others, and the ancient civilization subplot was interesting. And the plot gets a boost just for being the first of the series and therefore more original. Hopefully, G4's plot will also get that originality boost because it is the first in the series to have the perspective be from the rebel's side.

Dikiyoba.
Apprentice
Member # 7392
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

I think G1 has the best plot out of the first three Geneforges.
Same here, I played through G1 dozens of times before getting a little bored, and I've played only 1 or two times through the other twos. Ok, G3 wasn't really bad either, but I didn't like really much G2.

Also, one thing who made my vote go to G1, well, it is in that one and only one where
[spoilers... I guess]
[you've been warned!]
there are the Sholai (they're so cool!) and you can actually use the Geneforge.

[edit: added a (they're so cool!) note]

[ Wednesday, August 16, 2006 18:41: Message edited by: Conqueror of Geneforge ]

--------------------
If there was only one last shaper alive on Sucia Island...

~Formerly known as Genexile~
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Conqueror of Geneforge:

and you can actually use the Geneforge.
Hold onto that thought!

—Alorael, who would not dream of spoiling anything. Just be aware that gloves are not provided.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #7
If you are implying that in GF4 you can use the Geneforge does that mean you don't have trouble with the lighting in the rest of the game? Although using it makes the game simpler since now both sides are annoyingly inferior. The third path is then I'm a God and will decide what is right for all of you.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
At least one thing that you have asked or stated is true.

—Alorael, who really likes this game very much. He should have played it years ago.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Loyal Underling
Member # 13
Profile #9
Now there are lamps and candles!

--------------------
[i]Great Potato[/i]
"Unless by the force of eloquence they mean the force of truth; for if such is their meaning, I admit that I am eloquent." -- Socrates
Posts: 126 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 5118
Profile #10
Really??? G2,3 is good but i don't like G1. it is boring

--------------------
This apple? no. That apple? no. What about that orange? no. "What DO YOU WANT!!!!" 'Wink' "I want the apple you are eating."
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #11
I preferred GF1 storyline, but GF3 has a better spell and combat system to make up for the worse plot.
Warrior
Member # 5118
Profile #12
Worst PLot?????? No, i don't think so...

--------------------
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #13
Geneforge III has by far the worst plot of all the Geneforge series. Geneforge I is the greatest plot in the Geneforge series. You probably just don't like it because the other games have more gameplay improvements. I personally love the moral questions. Geneforge II had a redeemed plot because of Shanti. She's one of my favorite characters in the entire series.

--------------------
Pass the sauerkraut and chips please.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #14
I agree about Shanti, too bad she gets killed in an unceremonious way. :mad:

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #15
She should have been executed in front of you or, if you joined another sect, you should have been able to kill her.

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

-Friedich Nietzche
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #16
Geneforge 2 clearly has the superior plot. The first one was the cliché abandoned forbidden experiments plot, lame. The only good thing about it was that since it was the first in the series, all the shaping concepts were new.
Geneforge 2 had the greatest character the in the series yet: Barzahl! This was truly a great man. He realized the potential of shaping powers, used them to change even the geography of the land. Sure he was insane, but that's what made it the best plot in the series. Shanti? She was just another mindless pawn of the Shapers, not even worthy of mention.

--------------------
You lose.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #17
So, do you always use the Geneforge in G1 then?

Shanti is one of Dikiyoba's favorite characters as well.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #18
I prefer Sharon to Shanti, if only for the reclusiveness.

And GF2 is probably my favourite, although I replay GF1 the most, so I'm leaning towards that being the best.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #19
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

So, do you always use the Geneforge in G1 then?
Naturally. I don't understand why anyone would not. That's really the only thing Geneforge 2 and 3 are sorely missing.

Please tell me, what is so alluring about Shanti? She is just as arrogant as any other shaper, yet she fears the full potential of shaping powers. If you guys like the mysterious reclusive type characters so much, Phariton would be by far the best. Another point for Geneforge 2.

--------------------
You lose.
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #20
There was a certain sence of strength in her, and she was your mentor. Also, if for nothing else, she was the first none-mad shaper you met in the series.

--------------------

-Kripke

-Friedich Nietzche
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #21
Also, if you play an Agent, Shanti sort of lays it out about Agents.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #22
Originally by Emperor Tullegolar:

quote:
Naturally. I don't understand why anyone would not.
Not everyone is interested in playing a power-hungry maniac, obviously.

Dikiyoba likes Shanti because she actually goes out and does some stuff in the game (or tries to, at least) instead of hanging back. And she is a good example of a loyal Shaper.
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #23
No, my goal is to kill absolutely everything on the screens except for the things aligned to my side. Nothing opposing me lives...

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #24
This has nothing to do with letting your enemies live. To strive to become as powerful and lethal as powerful is also to make the game as easy as possible at each necessary point. Choosing not to use the Geneforge does not in any prevent you from killing everything either in these games, and I mean everything.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.

Pages