a4 is the best game yet

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: a4 is the best game yet
Warrior
Member # 6975
Profile Homepage #0
am i the only one who thinks this :confused:

[ Tuesday, April 25, 2006 20:44: Message edited by: lord llama ]
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
quote:
Originally written by lord llama:

am i the only one who thinks this :confused:
Pretty much. :P

Out of curiosity, what other games from Spiderweb have you played?

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #2
There are many others, but they aren't particularily active and are mostly new arrivals.

Perhaps they are actually playing the game instead of hanging around here?

Dikiyoba still reserves judgement about the worth of Avernum 4. Though the fact that Dikiyoba's party has yet to make it anywhere close to the end of the demo makes it fairly certain what the judgement will eventually be.

Edit: Sig change.

[ Tuesday, April 25, 2006 20:57: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Warrior
Member # 6975
Profile Homepage #3
i have played the genforge series and some of the avernum series but i prefer avernum 4
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #4
Do you prefer the geneforge or the avernum series?

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 6975
Profile Homepage #5
genforge exept for the avernum 4 game

gameplay is better for genforge and mostly a good story
a4 has the same gameplay now and the story is better than genforge so thats why i think its the best any one elice :confused:
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #6
I'm sad to say it, but I have to stand with tEH dahlay llama on this one. Other than the BoX's Avernum 4 is my favorite. Then again the only other ones I've played was Exile III, so I'm hardly the best judge in this matter.

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #7
Right now, my favorite Spidweb games are Geneforge 1, Homeland : The Stone of Night, and Avernum 4. The Blades games are a bit too hard for me, and I haven't fully finished Geneforge 2 nor Geneforge 3 yet. I played the Avernum 3 demo and liked it quite a lot, too. Since I bought the Avernum Trilogy (finally!), I'll likely play A3 again when I'm done with A4. So yes, I do think Avernum 4 is a great game, but I wouldn't say it's the best Spidweb game yet.
Posts: 363 | Registered: Wednesday, February 22 2006 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by The Lurker:

Right now, my favorite Spidweb games are Geneforge 1, Homeland : The Stone of Night, and Avernum 4.
Did I read that right?

I can't have read that right...

llama, play Avernum 2. Please. The thing you played is not quite Avernum.

EDIT: Yes, I was addressing them separately.

[ Wednesday, April 26, 2006 10:49: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #9
That's Lurker, not llama. Unless you're addressing both separately.

—Alorael, who thinks he prefers A4 to A3. He's not sure on that, though. A1 and A2 are definitely better than both. He's not a fan of Geneforge at all, though, and he feels guilty for ushering this thread onto the path of yet another game preference topic.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #10
"am i the only one who thinks this"

Not at all. There are a lot of people who love the game. I read their E-mails every night.

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #11
A4 isn't that bad. I admit, it passed my expectations.

Tis still not my favorite, but a nice addition.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
BANNED
Member # 6432
Profile #12
If they made A4 in The old graphics it would be awesome. But they have not so A2 is still superior. :D

--------------------
I hate you all
Warrior
Member # 6975
Profile Homepage #13
bomber i disagre the grafix of a4 are much better than th old avernum grafix because in a2 and others the poeple are the same size as a boot
BANNED
Member # 6432
Profile #14
A2 has a better storyline.
If you actually played it you would realise that the graphics are not that bad once you get used to them.

P.S: Got to go lord llama Bye :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

--------------------
I hate you all
Warrior
Member # 6975
Profile Homepage #15
bomber the story line for a4 is better than the story line for a2 of corse this is just my opinion and yours is just as valid but i think that a4 is better that dosent mean its true :D
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #16
Bomber, lord llama: Please, please, please take these conversations to instant messaging.

Thank you Bomber for sharing your opinion. I'm getting kind of curious as to what makes a good plot for most people...

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #17
quote:
Originally written by Spidweb:

"am i the only one who thinks this"

Not at all. There are a lot of people who love the game. I read their E-mails every night.

- Jeff Vogel

Who else misinterpreted this on first glance? :P

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #18
I pictured him re-reading three or four emails from people who liked the game night after night.

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #19
There must be some people who take the time to e-mail Jeff. I assume most of the people that don't like the game don't write to him or have already expressed their opinions on these forums.

A4 still beats Geneforge 1. I expect the combat engine will get better in the later games, but it's too easy to die in Geneforge compared to Avernum or Exile. Geneforge does have a more open ended plot. A4 forces you along the way with very few options.
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #20
I do get negative E-mails too, of course. But I have noticed that, whenever I do ANYTHING different, there is a portion of my fan base that are full of rage and will leave and never come back. I still get wrathful E-mails about switching from the Exile engine to the Avernum engine. Still!

You can't win an argument with a customer. If someone hates Avernum 5, they hate it. But, I am sorry to say, a lot of people love the direction I've taken with the series. Their feedback gets kinda sorta taken into account.

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #21
quote:

I do get negative E-mails too, of course. But I have noticed that, whenever I do ANYTHING different, there is a portion of my fan base that are full of rage and will leave and never come back. I still get wrathful E-mails about switching from the Exile engine to the Avernum engine. Still!
Back in my day, we moved around on rectangular tiles and we liked it! Also, we had to walk five miles in the snow every day to collect firewood to keep our computers running!

*waves walking stick angrily*

quote:
You can't win an argument with a customer. If someone hates Avernum 5, they hate it. But, I am sorry to say, a lot of people love the direction I've taken with the series. Their feedback gets kinda sorta taken into account.
You don't sound very sorry. :P

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #22
quote:
By Thuryl: You don't sound very sorry.

Of course not. He's selling very well (or at least lets on so) and part of the factor feulling the direction he has taken is likely an expansion in sales. If you market a new product and it fails you don't keep advancing in that direction (from a commercial view)

I like some of the stuff that Jeff's tried (not all) and am willing to keep trying as he is willing to experiment and grow too. It isn't all the same and that's gopod.

--------------------
"Dikiyoba ... is demon ... drives people mad and ... do all sorts of strange things."

"You Spiderwebbians are mad, mad, mad as March hares."
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #23
Well, yes, I thought the fact that I was being facetious in my expectation that he would be sorry that people liked his game was pretty much implied, but thank you for ruining the joke by explaining it.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #24
quote:

You can't win an argument with a customer.
Of course not. The customer is always right.

—Alorael, who imagines that when customers disagree this chestnut may be problematic.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00

Pages