Speculation about "that door"...?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Speculation about "that door"...?
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #25
I'm still hoping that Easss summoned Cthulhu, or maybe even the Crawling Chaos Nyarlathotep, and in his power-crazed state merely boasted to his friends that *he* created the Stygian Lovecraftian pantheon.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #26
quote:
Do we actually have any explicit evidence in GF2 that Trajikov was killed at the end of GF1?
I distinctly remember someone in GF2, perhaps Syros, mention that Trajkov took too many canisters, went insane, and had his throat slit.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #27
quote:
Their leader was named Trajkov. He used too many canisters and went mad. The Shapers killed him. I fled and lived.
Akkat

Hmm, but this appears to contradict a number of facts from GF1. First, Trajikov seems to be the one person not to go insane, either from canisters or even using the geneforge itself. Second, in all ending, Trajikov wins providing you do not kill him yourself. (IIRC)

My conspiracy theory, then, is that the drayk Takers, being suspicious of humans (notice the destruction of the humans of Medab in the Taker ending), betrayed him, and locked him up in the little room, covering this up from the serviles and the lower ranks.

Who needs a tiresome real person, who may disapprove of what they are doing, when a symbolic martyr works better?
Shock Trooper
Member # 3239
Profile #28
Well, it mentions at the ending that "something" is growing. In what way would Trajkov be able to grow?

[ Tuesday, December 02, 2003 15:29: Message edited by: Reality Corp. ]
Warrior
Member # 3746
Profile #29
Maybe they shaped him like they do to you when you join the Takers?

If you can make machine/creations, why not Shaper/plants?

Kinda reminds me of Trigun...

I'm guessing the new creation type. Cryodrakons would be interesting. Seeing how much damage my Ur-Drakon did to the rogues around Gazak-Uss, though, makes me wonder how powerful you can make someone without it getting down to DBZ mode. The forever annnoying,
"I'm stronger than you! Die!"
"No you're not! Hah, you're dead! I'm the strongest!"

Perhaps Jeff will make it so you can't make the Drakons, Gazers, and Rothgroths, and instead have some new creatures.

...You could come in as an apprentice caught in the middle of the war.

[ Tuesday, December 02, 2003 16:34: Message edited by: Arcblade ]
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #30
If we are talking cthulhu why not Shub Nigurath beast of a thousand young. An intelligent mobile magic using spawner that spits out various kinds of creations and can attack you. Imagine the damage the jaws of a spawner could do.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
BANNED
Member # 3477
Profile #31
Stop posting here people you all might ruin the surprise.
on second thought by the time GF3 comes out we will all forget what we wrote here. :P
Warrior
Member # 2607
Profile #32
quote:
Originally written by Waffle Guy:

Stop posting here people you all might ruin the surprise.
on second thought by the time GF3 comes out we will all forget what we wrote here. :P

Might I suggest, politely, that you stop reading this topic? :) People need an outlet to theorize about things like this. Just remember, no-one here knows what is behind that door, so technically there aren't any spoliers here.

And if you're reading this, your curiousity is probably just as insatiable as everyone else reading this thread.

Let us speculate, or our heads might explode. Or ache. It's all the same. ;)

By the time Geneforge 3 comes out? Heck, I've forgotten what my original theory was already! :P

--------------------
1. Forge my Genes, will you!? (attack!)
2. That's all for now. Thanks.
Apprentice
Member # 3011
Profile #33
I believe the most likely scenerios are either a demonic being or a portal to a demonic realm. In support of these theories, consider that Jeff always leaves clues as to the plot of sequal games - in Geneforge 1, for example, he mentioned several times specifically that drayks were so intelligent and independent that they were banned by the shaper council. Consequently, one only has to consider which creatures were introduced in Geneforge 2, but only superficially. Drakons were covered pretty well, but both gazers / eyebeasts and demons have plenty of room for development. Plus, Jeff seems to like using creatures from the demonic realm in his games (remember the Exile and Avernum series!).

--------------------
Eschew obfuscation.

Translation: Don't say things in such a complicated way that nobody can understand them.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #34
Indeed. I half expect Tuldaric to turn out to be the re-incarnation of good old Linda of Exile... Shame there isn't an option to ask him about "herbs"

Hmm... I detect another inconsistency... Compare the relative power of the Takers in GF1 and GF2. Clearly, they are far more powerful - they have dracons, rotgroths, eyebeasts, shade summoners, they are less affected by discipline wands, they have strong drayk allies, and they can MAKE geneforges. But, whereas in the GF1 taker ender they crush the shapers utterly and set up a new world order, in GF2 they only manage to meet a bloody stalemate. How come? I think it is either in-fighting, which our augmented Trajkov would be involved with... or that the GF2 ending compresses the timescale less.

In short: GF2 may in fact not be set in an awakened victory scenario, but actually is set *during* Trajkov's war - Trajkov instead opting to go into hiding after being augmented, using the Taker drayks as a smokescreen while he builds up his real, earth-shattering power.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #35
<Argg!... Double post!>

[ Thursday, December 04, 2003 09:12: Message edited by: FZ ]
Warrior
Member # 3746
Profile #36
An excellent theory, FZ. It would make GF3 pretty interesting if they used the Takers' ending.

If you were caught between the two sides, and maybe a small settlement of Awakened. (since they just don't die)

Hm... that's only 3 sects, though. There'd have to be two more, to continue the trend.

<wild, crazy theory>
Maybe the Takers will recreate the serviles so they can shape, too. Then some of them will rebel, like the Sholai in GF1, and go hide somewhere. And reseach new creations. And create an army. And destroy BOTH sides!

</wild, crazy theory>

That was fun. ;)

Maybe there'll be a settlement of Gazers. They did have some kind of system, and a referance to "the eye," probably themselves. They're also intelligent enough to do such a thing.

I wouldn't dare speculate on the Rotigroths, though. (shudder) Like Battle Alphas, only worse.
Apprentice
Member # 3704
Profile #37
my bet is eass learned how to summon spirits and such but not control them :) and summons something to powerful then stuffs it in the room near the drakons i think its a super powered ghost drakon/drayk mainly because it was in the drakon holding pen the other reason is it goes with the ghost/creation theory because of the containment spell things on the sides of the rug
of cours it could be shanti's ghost or someone elses lol who knows but jeff :confused:

--------------------
awesome geneforge 1 editor
cool g2 editor

Apprentice
Member # 3660
Profile #38
maybe its an entire room full of goo? or like a "safe" goo that is being tested. goo is good.

--------------------
Malfunction: Error message: youre a dink
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #39
Stughalf, what about attack ferrets? You didnt mention them yet in this post!

*looks very surprised*

--------------------
Austrian Alex
Apprentice
Member # 3721
Profile #40
I myself have not completed the game or come across this door, but by reading your posts i have come up with a theory... What if behind the door is imprisoned somekind of undead lich like Shaper zombie who will escape in GF3 and cause much havoc and raise armies and in GF3 there will be a war wivh will lead to THE END OF THE WORLD!!!... but that's just my theory

--------------------
"GZAAAAAAAAAH!" Last words of the last person to pet the Electric Ferret
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #41
quote:
Originally written by Reality Corp.:

Stughalf, what about attack ferrets? You didnt mention them yet in this post!

*looks very surprised*

Ah, well, the reason for that is that I have been absent from the GF2 boards for several days. I have no more suggestions for improvement, but I spy a possible fellow ferret enthusiast nearby. Could it be?!!

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Apprentice
Member # 3451
Profile #42
Why why why are you interested in what is behind the door? It could be a Shaper slave community. or it could be a tunnel to the floor beneath the shaper councle but dose it matter. For all you can tell it's a 20,000 pound ornk that they don't want anyone to know about.
Warrior
Member # 3746
Profile #43
Apparently, you haven't completed the game, Theaf. Since that's so, I will refrain from beating your theories into the ground.

Except for the 20,000 pound ornk. Ornks, as far as we know, are warm-blooded, like pigs. Therefore, since the door was cold, this is highly unlikely.

Now go finish the game.
Apprentice
Member # 552
Profile #44
Maybe it's an ornk canister. Having the power of creating endless streams of ornks should not be underestimated!
Apprentice
Member # 3676
Profile #45
This is my very First post to this site.

I'll been playing G1, and G2, plus the avernum series, and in a word, Fun.

My take on the mysterious locked door is to ask this question?

When the takers discovered the cure for the servile disease, did they happen to try modifing it and see how bad it could get?
Like in "The Stand" by Stephen King.

or even better (for the takers) make it targeted towards shapers, and create a creation to be host and grim reaper of all Shapers?

--------------------
The living are important.
The dead, to be remembered.
Warrior
Member # 3746
Profile #46
Oooh. Diseases. Good thought, Red. Eass can technically "create" a disease. Jeff could have deliberatly made the ending so ambigous that we'd automatically guess it was a creation.

Or maybe a rotagroth with the disease. (I just can't spell those nasties' names correctly, and I'm too lazy to look it up... :) )
Warrior
Member # 3188
Profile Homepage #47
I think the portal idea is the one to go with. This is what it is: it is a portal created by the ancestors of the shapers. They guarded it with a powerful locking spell that the takers couldn't even break and left it for a certain somone (you in GF3) to come and open it. It is a portal to their last settlement, kinda but not exactly like the third Avernum. These people are nice to you but become angry when the council follows you in and creates an uproar with what they call "dipomacy". You must spend the game dealing with the council and with this civilization and try to restore these peoples' way of life before they loose control and destroy everything. Of course there will be random factions that will offer you insane amounts of power in exchange for the gewl hanging from the neck of the chief of the good people so they can finish research on an insanely powerful device that kills everyone but you dont know that to the end so you cant know not to join them until then :o That's just my thought...

--------------------
And that, my Leige, is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped. -Sir Bedevere
Infiltrator
Member # 1418
Profile Homepage #48
quote:
Originally written by Apollyon:

I think the portal idea is the one to go with. This is what it is: it is a portal created by the ancestors of the shapers. They guarded it with a powerful locking spell that the takers couldn't even break and left it for a certain somone (you in GF3) to come and open it.
The game specifically states that the thing behind the door is the final creation of Eass.

--------------------
Geneforge 2 Editor
Shock Trooper
Member # 549
Profile #49
Maybe it has something to do with the Shaper's ancient enemies. Maybe the Takers met Heustess before they were taken from Sucia Island and learned his secrets.

Pages