Speculation about "that door"...?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Speculation about "that door"...?
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #0
Ok, anyone want to make any guesses/place any bets on what is inside the mysterious locked door in Benerii-Uss?

I'm guessing its some kinda of demon, since we know that the Awakened had one and the barzites had two, and we don't want the takers to miss out... Maybe even a demon portal, a living one...
Shock Trooper
Member # 3239
Profile #1
Well, it might be some sort of spawner, who will spit out horrible, devestating creatures in GF3. Then again, it might be a demon like FZ said.

Or maybe its just a...

sweet little kitten :D

[ Sunday, November 30, 2003 15:58: Message edited by: Reality Corp. ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by Reality Corp.:

Or maybe its just a...

sweet little kitten :D

Dear Lord No!!

Arggghhh....

Interesting question, why no cats or dogs in GF?
Shock Trooper
Member # 3239
Profile #3
Well, why have a dog when there are roamers that blow up when people pet them? I mean, its much more fun that way and if you lose it, you can go and shape another one.

--Told you not to pet my pyroroamer. See what happens? Can't see at all now, eh?
BANNED
Member # 3477
Profile #4
kill the kitten!!! :mad:
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #5
Perhaps Eass has learned how to create Shapers. Or resurrect those that are long-dead. However, most people seem to think that the creature behind the door is some sort of heavily-augmented drakon.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Shock Trooper
Member # 549
Profile #6
I think that it's either a Gazer/Eyebeast or some kind of Alien Queen like Spawner. Or maybe the Takers were able to resurrect one of the original Sucia Island Shaper's enemies. I don't think it's a demon since all the demons in GF2 simply want to go back to their realm. Although it could be some kind of creation/demon hybrid.

[ Sunday, November 30, 2003 19:06: Message edited by: vicheron ]
Warrior
Member # 2607
Profile #7
I think it's either a drakon, or a spawner that creates drakons...

My reasoning for this: Drakons can shape. They can create drakons. So, bam, there's another drakon in the cell. They either battle it out or create more drakons. Eventually, it leads to a fight of some kind, and only the strongest survive.

Although, this seems like more of a Barzite strategy, now that I think about it... Who thinks that the strongest of Gazak-Uss will be back in GF3?

--------------------
1. Forge my Genes, will you!? (attack!)
2. That's all for now. Thanks.
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #8
quote:

Perhaps Eass has learned how to create Shapers

Yes!
That is one of my 'theories'.
The Shapers made Drakons. Now the Drakons make Shapers. Ahh, the irony.
After all, since the Shapers made Drakon (well, the Barzites did), doesn't that make the Shapers stronger than the Drakons, in a way?

quote:

However, most people seem to think that the creature behind the door is some sort of heavily-augmented drakon.

*spoiler*

This doesn't make sense, since in the Taker ending, you already have heavily augmented drakons. Why would one augmented drakon in a cell be seen as a threat, since there are already thousands flying about?

quote:

I think that it's either a Gazer/Eyebeast

One of my other 'theories'.

A demon would probably be another good guess. Maybe Eass has learnt how to control hostile spirits.

quote:

They either battle it out or create more drakons. Eventually, it leads to a fight of some kind, and only the strongest survive.

Ahhh, evolution at work.
:D

So, my main 3 ideas are...
- Shaper
- Eyebeastie
- Demon-spirit

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #9
It's an angry englishman, who's rage, when leashed out, will kill everything around. Mainly because of the accent.

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #10
Well, Waylander, when I said "heavily-augmented drakon," I meant extremely augmented, even more so than Eass post-augmentation. Perhaps the door is Jeff's way of introducing an entirely new creation for GF3.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Warrior
Member # 1451
Profile Homepage #11
ahem. the takers wrote that the geneforge worked. that probably means that they tested it in the early stages of. "it doesnt work till i see it work". so my best guess is that they improved one of them and it became so dangerous/insane/both that they with great care locked it up.

--------------------
I am pleased to make contact with your entities.
Warrior
Member # 2607
Profile #12
quote:
Originally written by Stughalf:

Perhaps the door is Jeff's way of introducing an entirely new creation for GF3.
I think this is the most likely suggestion yet, personally. Though, I still like my 'evolution' idea. :P

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3390
Profile #13
Maybe its.....*oh the horror*..Jeff :eek:

--------------------
Call 1-800-NOT-1337
--------------------
Disturbing the dead since 1986.
--------------------
All your ass are belong to ME!
--------------------
NEVER underestimate your enemies
Never OVERestimate your friends
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #14
Whatever it is, I have my doubts that its is a dracon. Mostly because the game makes the explicit point that the door is "cool to the touch". This suggests a more long-term, unliving type of evil than your standard mad shaper/eyebeast/dracon, in which case we should be looking at "surprisingly warm" or "throbbing with power" sort of thing. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

I just think that Inner Gazhad-Uss is the place for deadly taker creation experiments. This ought to be something else. I like the portal idea, because I see Jeff as taking GF3 much closer into the heart of the Shaper Hegemony, which I don't see if we are still going to base our Next Big Threat in the middle of Taker lands.

Of course, it would be very interesting if it turned out to be an Augmented, Ressurected Trajikov... Mwahaha!

[ Monday, December 01, 2003 11:35: Message edited by: FZ ]
Apprentice
Member # 3714
Profile #15
I'm bettin' on the fluffy kitten idea.

Really though, I think that it's some sort of porthole into the underworld that enables demons to escape and suck the life out of everything.
Then we can have
Geneforge 3: No We're Not Copying Diablo

--------------------
Second cousin twice removed to Rayneth, the Fyora.
Apprentice
Member # 3299
Profile #16
im a big fan of the shaper idea. it would work with the "cool to touch" clause. but how long do shapers live?
but do you think that the location of gf3 will change? 1 and 2 were totally different. if the third is in the same place, the terrain would be the same (and the cities would probably be in the same place, as it is easy to build a city on top of another vs. cutting down new trees eg fire of chicago)
or maybe some of the geneforge was brought to the cave, even a tiny amount. it could have stayed there for years untouched and then start mutating the bacteria that was living there. it would only take several hundred years for the juicehead bacteria to advance to a formidable size, and may even gain enough intelligence to shape new creatures. after all, we used to be bacteria billions of years ago. juicehead bacteria would just speed up the process

--------------------
I set a goal. I seek answers. I complete the task.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3239
Profile #17
quote:
Originally written by j ball:

after all, we used to be bacteria billions of years ago.
Hopefully you are referring to the idea in the game. Otherwise, I would have to disagree with you.
Apprentice
Member # 3660
Profile #18
can anyone say cryodrakon? the next level of drakon :o :o :o

--------------------
Malfunction: Error message: youre a dink
Shock Trooper
Member # 549
Profile #19
There's quite a few problems with the creation being a drakon. Drakons are huge, which means that it'll be easily discovered once it is let loose. Even though the Shaper's council is slow to make decisions, they're not going to just ignore a giant flying rogue creation. If it's a gazer/eyebeast, it can mind control people and evade the council while it builds its army.
Warrior
Member # 656
Profile Homepage #20
Why would it just be a creation? It seems to me that to be the huge threat that the suspense makes it out to be it will have to be something with a little more "shock and awe" value than just a bigger better creation-that-we've-already-seen.
Posts: 127 | Registered: Wednesday, February 20 2002 08:00
Warrior
Member # 2607
Profile #21
quote:
Originally written by Melaw the Mage:

Why would it just be a creation? It seems to me that to be the huge threat that the suspense makes it out to be it will have to be something with a little more "shock and awe" value than just a bigger better creation-that-we've-already-seen.
True... It could be anything. Maybe even a recipe for the Geneforge. (mix 1 puddle of goop with 1 part augmented drayk, bring to the boil, stir)

Or some new kind of canister, perhaps for serviles... The takers seem like the most likely to try and make servile-friendly canisters... And then not let the serviles use them.

The possibilities are endless.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #22
I fear that, after we have gone through all these wondrous ideas and speculations, whatever Jeff comes up with for GF3 will seem to be very poor, indeed.

--------------------
Stughalf

Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #23
Behind the door is a special Speculation Plot Coupon.

I.E., it's very possible that there's nothing specific behind the door at all.

--------------------
I've got a pyg in a poke.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #24
quote:
I.E., it's very possible that there's nothing specific behind the door at all.
Shh... But that's boring...

Back to the Trajikov idea... Do we actually have any explicit evidence in GF2 that Trajikov was killed at the end of GF1? All I seem to remember is Pinner telling me that the GF1 shaper refused to aid him, and called for help from the shaper council....

Pages