Speculation about "that door"...?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Speculation about "that door"...?
Shock Trooper
Member # 4000
Profile Homepage #75
quote:
Or maybe its just a...

sweet little kitten :D
I change my mind not.

--------------------
♫ The truth is screaming BIG ♫
♫ A light so bright ♫
♫ Whether day or night ♫
It can't be hid

§ realitycorp@gmail.com §

►► Chance is back online! ◄◄
Warrior
Member # 4345
Profile #76
It's Walt Disney, in frozen in suspended animation, so that one day, he will return to continue his reign of terror.

Say, if anyone understands the programming language
Geneforge uses(I know Java, but thats all) then you could see if anything is actually programmed to be behind that door.

[ Saturday, July 10, 2004 09:40: Message edited by: Learned Noremac ]

--------------------
"Damn Scots. They ruined scotland!"-Groundskeeper Willy, the Simpsons
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #77
Geneforge's language is fairly close to Avernumscript, so I can understand it, and no, there's nothing in GF2 behind that door. However, there is obviously something behind the door, inasmuch as GF3 has to based on it (or else Jeff will see hell from all of his customers after its release).

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 4263
Profile #78
its a drakon with no sense of smell that is wearing old socks! :D :P they smell so bad that they kill anything near them!

:D :P :D :P :D :P

--------------------
Custer is the worlds biggest noob
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #79
I think the door is one of the ones that lead to Monsters, Inc. They began expanding their business beyond Earth.

Or maybe there's a Lady, or a Tiger. . .!

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Warrior
Member # 3746
Profile #80
Ah, but which one is it? The Lady, or the Tiger?
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #81
Ah, Silver Shadow, that would be telling. But if telling it would be, then so be it told.

The Lady is behind that door on the odd days of the week, while the Tiger tends to prefer the even ones.
However, this routine only takes place during the months when the last day is even, when it is odd, the routine alters slightly.
During those months, which I'll call Odd Months, they both need to knock on the door before entering to ensure that it is not occupied.
The Tiger prefers to stay inside on Tuesdays and Thursdays, as those are the days when the serviles tend to gather together in their towns to connive and discuss their future. Thus, few wander outside their villages for his prowling pleasures.
But on the Second Tuesday of every Odd Month, as well as on the Fourth Thursday a few serviles are forced to scavenge around town for food, or simply to do other menial tasks. On those days, the Tiger TENDS to be prowling, so the door is free for the Lady to enter.
The possibility of the serviles doing these on the afore-mentioned dates depend on the date in question. Due to an error in a Shaper experiment when those days are prime, a series of Randomized Events of Unspecified Yet Overltly Nasty Consequence tend to happen in the oustkirts of servile villages. This may be anything from a rogue creation, to a group of adventurers out to do some senseless killing to even that ever so mysterious and exquisitively random message from above System Error.
Since those events are impossible to predict, the Tiger sometimes goes out, sometime he does not, sometimes he comes and goes through a short cut that allows him to return to the door before the Lady comes. This makes it difficult to elucidate who may be inside at the time.
The Lady prefers Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Those days are best for her since they show the highest amount of Gentlemen (and Gentlewomen) callers who bored her ever so with their most of the times pathetic attentions.
However, this is not always thus. The Lady, being a smart and practical Lady as she is, does not shun from any potential suitor, and the only reason she has not contracted the Eternal Bows Of Servitude is because she hasn't been asked by the right one. The possibility of this person is a certainty in her mind. A number of years ago she had a vision (its nature and how it came to be would be too long to elaborate in full detail here. Check out that and other adventures of the Lady in the unfortunately incomplete, "Adventures of the Lady in Godeland.") which showed her the person of her dreams (neither man nor woman, but a mutant transexual lororithm) This person was going to come to her on a Wednesday. The Wednesday would be a multiple of three. On those days, the Lady stays home and doesn't visit the door. The Tiger, though, doesn't know this. He has stumbled upon the empty room from time to time, but since he never passed simple algebra in his ferocious feline school, he hasn't realized the connection. So, on those special Wednesdays there may be a Tiger, or, AGHAST, the door may lead to empty room. Or one with a transient adventure who is tired of killing pixels and making decisions and is just eating a well derserved ripe apple (a macintosh, too.)
(gotta go, so Weekends will have to wait for another day (if anyone knows what happens on those days, please!))
A final note, though.
A very brilliant Shaper named Jaisonberg once tried to solve this mystery. Alas, brilliant as he was he could do nothing. But in a bit of a rash attack of nefarious mischeviousness he cursed the door. (a la if I can't know this no one will kind of nefarious mischeviousness)
The curse is a simple yet devastating one.
It works something like this: At any given moment the Lady or the Tiger may be beyond the door. However, the mere act of opening the door alters this fact.
Oh well.

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #82
Somewhere about halfway through that post, I thought to myself, "What's really behind that door is the superposition of the wave functions of the possibility of the Lady being there and the possibility of the Tiger being there." :P

EDIT: BSC, do you RP? Because if not, you seriously should.

[ Sunday, July 18, 2004 12:16: Message edited by: Just call me Kel ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #83
Kel.
RP.
Yup.
Wanted to join the one going on in the General boards but saw it too late. I'm waiting for the next one (though I've never RP in that fashion. Always a first time, right?)

PS: RP you mean pen(cil) and paper?

--------------------
quote:

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #84
I meant like the Valley of Thunder thing. I guess you'll just have to wait for the next one to come 'round -- Valley of Thunder looks like it's a pretty successful one, so you may have to wait a month or so, though.

I was going to make some flailings in the direction of making this post on-topic, but then I thought, why?

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #85
Cool. Will wait. Yeah, the Valley looks rather successful, neat.

Oh, and to mention something topic oriented:

Behind the door is an angry and mean-looking Grah-Hoth with a fire axe screaming maniacally "Hereeeeeee's Hothy!!!"

Oy vey.

--------------------
quote:

Warrior
Member # 5167
Profile #86
I know!

It's a gateway to Avernum and its guarded by a modified Golem like the Bound One but more powerfull.

I didn't mean to revive this topic, i only wanted to post what i thought. :rolleyes:

--------------------
Finished Sub2 levels:
Shop"keep"er
Machinery Complex
Machinery Complex2
Machinery Complex3
Machinery Complex4
Munchkin City
In progress:
None
Abandonned:
T.E.L.E.P.O.R.T
Sub-Way
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #87
Thanks

W/o you I never would have read the last page of this topic, as it was written at a time that I had no internet for a month. I found it one of the more enjoyable ones........

But behind the door? A semi-blind calculus teacher with a serious affinity for chalk boards and cats.

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."

Pages