trenches and bunkers?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: trenches and bunkers?
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #0
Since when that the shapers did trenches and bunkers they don' t need them so why use them? and my second question is when was the last shaper/shaper war? Because it's weird that shapers with their heavy guns plumell them selves in a trench war.

[ Thursday, December 28, 2006 03:18: Message edited by: opon mars ]

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #1
trenchs where made with advent of the 50 caliber maching gun becuase their simply was no other effective protection. Unless they have an equivlent thier is no reason for them.

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #2
Yeh but in G1 battle alphas are discribe to dig up trenches and G3 there is a bunker so i'am quite lost on that subject.

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #3
Bunkers serve the same purpose as castles. The also are a more secertive version of forts. So shapers might be very attrative to bunkers. I'm lost on trenchs mabey it was to counter some type of uber turret.

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Warrior
Member # 5302
Profile #4
Shapers are able to control their creations from a distance. Seems like a bunker would be a good place for them to hide.
Trenches are also useful considering the advanced ranged combat. You want an equivalent to a machine gun? How about big flying balls of acid and fire? :P
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #5
Trenches are just good protection against any projectiles. If an Aura of Flames was advancing toward you I doubt you would question why someone bothered to dig a trench nearby.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #6
Originally by Garrison:

quote:
If an Aura of Flames was advancing toward you I doubt you would question why someone bothered to dig a trench nearby.
Unless you jumped inside only to discover that it was dug by and swarming with hostile clawbugs...

Dikiyoba.
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #7
Then shaper versus shaper wars are and were the most horrid things.
Another question what sort of creatures and shapers (gardians,agents & shapers) would be present on the battle field ?

--------------------
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #8
All three types would be on the field, although you'd probably see fewer Guardians as most of the fighting will be between creations and involved long-distance magic spell-flinging. Probably Guardians would stand back and hurl Reaper batons while killing and creations that break through and advance on the Shapers and Agents.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #9
I thought the guardians would act more like berserkers and charge their enemies with claymores. But then again creations are more expendable, so I guess that makes sense.

Also,

quote:
Unless you jumped inside only to discover that it was dug by and swarming with hostile clawbugs...
I think you would rather have some good and some bad trenches rather than not having any at all. Those clawbug pits are pretty clever though.
*Online high five*

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #10
Glaaks are fast, strong and reliable to slow down any troublesome enemy fyoras, cryoas, romers and artilas would spit fire acid and globules of ice, battle alphas would rip a part any thing in it's paths and series of battle betas, you wouldn't to know.
But what sorts of defenses would be there to slow down an enemy running beating down turrets and other creations.
what sort of wire would stop them? or is it those spiky violet things that you see in the arena that lay a screen between you and the artilas?

[ Wednesday, January 03, 2007 01:24: Message edited by: upon mars ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 7638
Profile #11
I got the impression that battle Alphas were on the front lines, and Gaurdians were the last line of defense. It really isn't pracitcal to charge an enemy if they have that much range(turrets, batons, spells, etc.)

--------------------
"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
-- Bill Gates, 1981

"But what ... is it good for?"
--Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM, 1968, commenting on the microchip.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #12
I sort of thought that from Heustess' description of the first Shaper vs Shaper war that it was wide open, involved "foul magic," and destroyed the rest of her/his/its race. Where did the trenches come up? I never read that, and I think I've covered the whole Sucia Isle.

And in answer to the second question, the only Shaper/Shaper war I know of took place thousands of years ago, probably near the area known as "The Sentinels."

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #13
I don't think those were Shaper/Shaper wars. It was the first of the Shapers vs. other races/people. Shapers randomly changed the people they fought against.

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #14
The creations would lead, of course. The battle creations in front, followed by the fire, and then magic creations. There would then be human soldiers, baton wielders, and mages behind them. There might be a few Guardians towards the back, but for the most part the Shapers would stay at camp and bless, haste, heal, etc. They are not expendable, and if one of them dies, all of their creations will go rogue.

[ Tuesday, January 02, 2007 16:28: Message edited by: Nalyd ]

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #15
From GF3 on Dhonal Island you find out that advanced Shapers can control their creations from great distances compared to lowly apprentice player characters. Creations as most expendable, especially the new charged, short lived ones, would be out in from. Next would be humans using batons and swords. Mages would provide the attack spells and some support spells. The agents and guardians seem to stay in the back ranks from the way Jeff ran them in GF4.
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #16
The first shapers wars angainst other pepole invovled creations such as artilas, fyoras, battle creation like thads olso battle bettas and shades . The other creations were not created then.
But you know those spiky violet things in the arena and resech centers that quep from attacking direcly in face to face with the artilas, would they be use as barbed wire or not?

[ Tuesday, January 02, 2007 23:28: Message edited by: upon mars ]

--------------------
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #17
Shades? Necromancy is outlawed in Shaper lands.

Also, the creations from G1 aren't in any way linked to early creatures which could be shaped on the mainland.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #18
Maybe he ment thahd shades? Though they were no longer an option in G4.

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #19
No i meant shades were used by the early shapers such as some creations like fyoras and artialas serviles would be shaped out of humans such as thads and battle alphas known to be the favorite shock troops of the shapers so as the serviles are their prime servants that would show that they have been shaped from humans.
Human beings like other human beings therefore those creations shaped out of humans were the first and preferred since they warped humans which were easer to control since the master and his creation understood each other.

You can find evidences of artilas and fyoras on runes of early shapers.
The shaping dales were in fact to put a being on it to warp him so a human being with shackles on him put on a dal would be easer to be manipulated by magic to be warped.

[ Friday, January 05, 2007 00:10: Message edited by: upon mars ]

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #20
That post is pure speculation. If it helps you enjoy the game more, then it's good, but it's still not canon.

Dikiyoba.
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #21
Yeah but what i said about shades, artilas and fyoras is true there is truth for it.

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #22
Ah... I think I finally figured out what you meant about the shades.

The pre-Shapers never used them in wars or battles as far as I know. They are the spirits of the pre-Shapers trapped by intentional magic in a bid for immortality or by residual magic from their experiments, not creations. They probably didn't show up until the final days of the pre-Shapers on Sucia Island, or even after the survivors left.

The Shapers did use created shades occasionally, such as to guard the power core or to act as messengers, but this is outlawed in modern day Shaper society.

Dikiyoba.
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #23
yeah but one of the shades defending heusstes is discibed to be creation so early shpers would out of living beings create shades or it is only the reminisce of the defenses of the early shapers or the soldiers that helped to defeat the early shapers.
I am wrong? or there is no better explication than dikiyoba's?

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #24
There are two types of shades that shapers created. The thahd shade is a creation thahd 3 used to guard places and can be created by player characters for combat. Then there are shades used to relay information like Danette's shade in GF1, and others made by powerful shapers to send information to player characters in the later games. These shades can only give limited information and are not for combat.

Pages