Death to Anama!!!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Death to Anama!!!
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #0
That extremist cult just gets in the way of everything! Reject magic, bah! To what end? No wonder they couldn't purge those weakling cockroaches.

But they can't even handle living by their own principles! They use piercing crystals and a little spell many of us know as DIVINE FIRE! So there's really no Anama who fully lives by his own doctrine, only "cafeteria Anama," like wanabe "Catholic" politicians

Nobody really needed four secret agents of Avernum to go up and exterminate the cockroaches, if they would just bite their tounges and cast a few Far Sights around the island, finding the source and destroying the feeble machinery that kept the "plague" going. No, they had it easiest of all, but they would not only not take advantage of it, but they stifled anyone else using mage spells, trying to make a difference. And whoever wasn't a part of their hippy "peace and love" and "let's not just get bitten by weakling bugs, but let's do it TOGETHER while coughing and wheezing pathetically" majority, for that matter.

I stole the Anama's treasure. I bought fake rings to invade their inner sanctum. I responded "No" to the priests philosophy questions around the island. I don't regret it.

Oh, and you know that beggar in "Backwater Calls" who keeps saying, "reject magic! The end is coming!" Well, I blasted him with a level 10 Arcane Blow spell just for the heck of it.

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #1
Now calm down chief spider. tell me. How did you get to steal the treasure when answering "no" all the time, what fake ring are you talking about and who the hell is the beggar? I also don't really like the anama, but I said yes to the questions because I didn't wan to upset them by saying their beliefs are crap!

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #2
You are in so much trouble when Drakey sees this.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #3
Doesn't this actually belong in the Avernum Trilogy forum? I mean, if it truly belongs anywhere, it shouldn't be here.

Now to go and actually read the first three posts....

*this message supports good behaviour while Drakey is on vacation*

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

Yes I know. I tought he was mainly a Vahnatai fan, wasn't he? But don't TRY even to convince me that the Anama say crap (if i would join them and therefor lose my mage spells, I would be powerless).

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #5
Cryptic comment of the day:

We really need to get that new RP started... ^__________^

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

O_O Drakey is Anama fan? Hm, I bet this is only compromising gossip :P

t Spider: The fact that the Anama annoyed you was well worth their invention, non? :) And are they not a perfect satire on America's christian hardliners?

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #7
Nonsense!

Joining the Anama is one of the greatest features of E3/A3. It's a useful way to max out your priest skills early in the game. This increases your ability to bless and heal your all-important fighters, which is the only function of magical PCs anyway. The only remotely useful thing you lose by joining the Anama is the haste spell, but (in E3 at least) the Anama rings prevent you from getting slowed too often and hyperactivity does the rest.

Thralnai: the fake rings can be bought from the guild in Lorelei.

[ Thursday, August 04, 2005 08:53: Message edited by: Micawber ]

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #8
Totally the wrong forum for this.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #9
I think that joining the anama has much more sense in exile, because in avernum the offensive priest spells have been almost completely removed, in exile still is a LOT of good priest spells like curse all, ravage enemy,the great divine thud, the avatar, martyr shield(very funny but not that useful) and all the others that i forgot, and of course the incredible and awesome wound spell that just cant be resisted.
in a3 yhe only thing is the divine fire, aall demons and a lot of creatures are INMUNE to fire!
the smite is somewhat useful buit too weak, still better in a3 that in a1.and the divine retribution is great, but it can be resisted and only works in the living.
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #10
often i join the anama, but only after leaving my mages in a character-deposit-whatever. then, i get them back. that way, i keep my mage powers, but have strong priests for free, too.

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #11
Yes, I know it probably belongs on the Trilogy boards. But I was going to start out with the beggar in Sattle from "Backwater Calls," then I went into a full-fledged rant against the Anama to offend a few and entertain the rest.

Thanks to whoever moved it here.

--------------------
They fly into my webs!
-Spider
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by chicho:

I think that joining the anama has much more sense in exile, because in avernum the offensive priest spells have been almost completely removed, in exile still is a LOT of good priest spells like curse all, ravage enemy,the great divine thud, the avatar, martyr shield(very funny but not that useful) and all the others that i forgot, and of course the incredible and awesome wound spell that just cant be resisted.
in a3 yhe only thing is the divine fire, aall demons and a lot of creatures are INMUNE to fire!
the smite is somewhat useful buit too weak, still better in a3 that in a1.and the divine retribution is great, but it can be resisted and only works in the living.

Actually, I would say it makes more sense in the Avernum Trilogy for that reason - when the Priest spells are just about as destructive as the Mage spells, then what is the point of rejecting one of them?

Chief Spider, did you seriously try to troll by ranting against a fictional religion? My my, what a funny place the world has become... :P

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #13
The Anama have been unfairly victimized and slandered for decades. Shame on you for continuing this hate speech.

Also, I <3 Avatar.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

The Anama have been unfairly victimized and slandered for decades. Shame on you for continuing this hate speech.
"Hate speech..." Oh Drakey...!

I think the Anama are okay. That's all. I joined when I played Exile, because Avatar was incredible, but in Avernum I felt slightly cheated. Being a big fan of Haste level 3, I didn't want to forfiet my mage. And I felt that stowing her away in Fort Emergence was too much like cheating.

I can see the for and against points to their argument, but as far as I can see, magic saved their lives. Was not the Phoneix Egg magically made (by Vahnatai, if Purgat... the mage man's words are to be listened to)?

No, if the Anama really existed, I would not join.

[ Friday, August 05, 2005 07:26: Message edited by: SupaNik ]

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #15
quote:
Originally written by Aranfoolcaytar:

quote:
Originally written by chicho:

Actually, I would say it makes more sense in the Avernum Trilogy for that reason - when the Priest spells are just about as destructive as the Mage spells, then what is the point of rejecting one of them?

well im talking only in the game, being just that. why we should adopt the anama like a philosophy for our life, or our way to play avernum?
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #16
I agree wholeheartedly with Chief Spider. I looted then cooked just about everyone on the island after I saved them from the cockroach plague. They were a condescending, rich cult opposing the wonders of magic. They were just asking to be robbed and killed!

However, before you jump to any conclusions, I should hasten to add that eliminating the plague wasn't a humanitarian endeavour on my part, I was just curious to see this Filth Factory and blow the hootin' daylights outta that as well.

I am however a conscientioius philanthropist, as I staunchly opposed the skribbane scourge and destroyed the drug trade in Gale after saving them from the golems. It became necessary to destroy the people of Gale in order to save them from themselves...
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #17
The basic tenets of the Anama aren't so wrong, although they take it to extremes. Magic is dangerous in the hands of people like Rentar-Ihrno, countless insane necromancers, demonologists, and the odd Jordan/Bojar. A more careful licensing system and tracking of all wands, crystals, alembics, and other paraphernalia of the mage would go a long way.

The rest of the crazy Anama cultism is just cultism. Cults are bad even when they control entire islands and have fancy churches.

—Alorael, who wasn't willing to give up Major Blessing for Avatar. Having a large party will do that.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #18
i remember that time ago i was playing e3, it was the shareware so for playing it as much as i could i join the anama. i lost all of my mage, but i won some nice priest spells.but later on for some reason i started making mages again, i had 3 mages so the 3 could be priests and mages, the weird thing is that i kept my anama rings, they angry me but i still could enter the inner sanctrum and the hidden spellbooks that were supossed to the true members. :confused:
anyway after that i robed them and i killed everyone in shayder
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #19
As someone who used an all-mage party, I found the Anama's preachings insulting and arrogant. I decimated them, and stole their treasure. :)

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #20
The Anama make life way too easy. You can have 6 level 1 priest/fighters casting Avatar before every combat in Exile.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #21
Of course, I agree with Friendly Whomp. People use magic stupidly, or evily, but it's not bad (well, since it's not real). Like by Rentar, that was a good point.

By the way, I heard that some other people had killed her in other ways before, but I did it too. I did Major Poison to her over and over, using the editor to restore Spell Points, doing 1 to 2 damage at a time (sometimes 3!). Has anyone else done it in some other way?

[ Monday, August 08, 2005 09:02: Message edited by: Chief Spider watching The Simpsons ]

--------------------
They fly into my webs!
-Spider
Shock Trooper
Member # 60
Profile #22
quote:
Originally written by Justice by Trial and Error:

The basic tenets of the Anama aren't so wrong, although they take it to extremes. Magic is dangerous in the hands of people like Rentar-Ihrno, countless insane necromancers, demonologists, and the odd Jordan/Bojar. A more careful licensing system and tracking of all wands, crystals, alembics, and other paraphernalia of the mage would go a long way.
Yeah, but if only good people control magic, then adventurers everywhere would be out of jobs. Unless you really like the courier jobs, in which case, have at it!

On a similar note, my party uses magic for, shall we say, less-than-noble purposes. I kinda have the attitude of, "If I can steal it and get away with it, I will, because ultimately I am the only thing that stands between these people and their untimely demise."

--------------------
"Insanity is okay, but stupidity is inexcusable." -Kenda Nicole Brand

Jacob say, "Man who smoke pot, choke on handle." -Jacob Doran
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #23
If only good people could use magic, adventurers would be reduced to hunting down nonmagical brigands and baddies, rampaging beasts, evil priests, and politicians.

—Alorael, who finds that use of magic entirely reasonable. If shopkeepers won't give you a potion at cost so that you can dispatch the Terrible Hordes of Darkness, they deserve to experience some literal robbery themselves.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 1320
Profile #24
Sure, the Anama suck. But they've got a point. Magic is way to dangerous for just about anyone to learn and use. At the very least they should not let anyone use magic without proper tutoring. Although this might lead to some of the chaos portrayed in the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.

Anyway, I was too moral to rob the Anama. I just didn't join them(well, once, when I had a four-priest party).

--------------------
-Step aside, worthy adversary!
-T'is but a scratch!
-A scratch! Your arms off!
(pause)
-I've had worse!
-You liar!
-C'mon, you pansy!
(Fighting continues.)
-Allright. We'll call it a draw then.
-Oh I see. Running away are we? You yellow bastard! Come back here and take whats coming for you! I'll bite your legs off!

"You know that you've played Halo 2 to much when you sit down for dinner, pick your fork up, look at the knife, and in the corner of your vision, you see *Press X to pick up Press Y to dual wield*"

Pages