Return of the Admiration of Evil Poll

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Return of the Admiration of Evil Poll
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #0
A year has passed since the previous favorite villain poll. More scenarios, and thus more villains, have been released upon the unsuspecting world. Thus, we again need to vote upon which villains have won our respect and admiration.

To keep this poll within reason, villains who received less than 3 votes in the first poll were pruned from this poll. These 14 villains are:'Ravaging Raven' Roger (A Large Rebellion)Marnok (Backwater Calls)Kaejil Nyh'yltak (Backwater Calls)Valzier (A Perfect Forest)Polonius (Magus of Cattalon)Attorosi (Rats Aplenty)Hana (Roses of Reckoning)Thralni (Where the Rivers Meet)Kiersten (Xerch'de)Ebhert (A Good Beginning)Duzaki (Babysitting)Kjellka (Babysitting)Dalaghant (Exodus)Kurojutsu (Roses of Reckoning)So, with a total of 47 villains to choose from, the question is: who are your favorite main villains?

[ Thursday, October 04, 2007 09:50: Message edited by: Nioca ]

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 3 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=HuymfHOzPFeL"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=HuymfHOzPFeL"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaEl PresidenteWhere the Rivers MeetA Visit to the Madhouse
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #1
I protest! The three from El Presidente are not villians. They are hardly even characters! :P

Oh, and everybody knows Emery J. Bishop is by and far the most important villian to ever grace these boards.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #2
I think you choose that of your favorite of those who you think are villains.

--------------------
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
I like this image
FYI, Iffy is short for Infernal Flamming Muffin.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #3
River and Leaf?

--------------------
Enraged Slith's Blades of Avernum Website

Look out, there's a three-headed monkey behind you!
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #4
A port from BoE, located here (download the version posted by Arancaytar). It doesn't show any signs of being updated, and is effectively released to the public. As such, I included it for thoroughness.

That said, it appears that Lazarus's big blue beast is winning this race.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #5
It's been so long since I've played some of these scenario that I no longer remember who the villains are. Oh well. At least it made voting easier.

Oh, and Dikiyoba's vote goes mainly to the Prize. Its fascinating backstory, fleshed-out motives, and ability to garner sympathy while still being pure evil surely make it one of the best BoA villians of all time. :P

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #6
All your villain are belong to me.

--------------------
"NOW PASS ME MY BOOTS. I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A FACE." -Nikki

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #7
Day 4 of the Poll: 19 votes.
Note that this poll may not accurately portray community feeling toward some designers' villains due to demographic skew, lack of awareness of certain scenarios, lack of inclusion of some scenarios and villains, and some people just not taking the poll seriously. To correct any wrongs you feel may be made by the following, please vote, or try to convince Nioca of a better way of doing the poll.

Leading with 8 votes is the Beast of the Rim
In second, with 7, is Emery J. Bishop
Tied for third, with 5 apiece, are Stalker, Vahkohs, The Immortal, and Prize

The U-Vote Designer Villain score:
This evaluation of popularity is derived by totalling all votes in this poll for a designer's villains, and dividing that by the number of villains by that designer available in this poll.
The UVDVS is measured in Votes-per-villain.

Dintiradan 5
Erik Westra 4
Lazarus 3.33
Eldiran 3
Selentine 3
Jeff Vogel 2.6
TM 2.56
AM Michael 2
Kelandon 1.25
Ephesos 1
Nikki 1
Smoo 1
Stareye 1
Thralni .33
Niemand .33
Ishad Nha 0
M. Slack 0
Nioca 0
Sam Harada 0

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #8
Who voted for Rentar?
Everyone note that Rentar from the terrible scenario does not equall the real one.

Edit -typo

[ Sunday, October 07, 2007 10:55: Message edited by: Iffy tied in a battle with Nalyd. ]

--------------------
I like this image
FYI, Iffy is short for Infernal Flamming Muffin.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #9
quote:
Everyone note that Rentar from the terrible scenario does not equall the real one.

There is only one Rentar. Rentar is ubiquitous.

--------------------
Enraged Slith's Blades of Avernum Website

Look out, there's a three-headed monkey behind you!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #10
Vahkos. Even though he's not all that evil, he's got style.

--------------------
Nobody appreciates me. It's all "Igor! Fetch some wine!" "Igor! Clean up this experiment!" or "Igor! Bury this in the garden, we're leaving town in 10 minutes!"

—Alorael, who tried to become a deivore once. The priest gave him a funny look after the third wafer.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #11
The Major Villians in ASR are good. Vahkos also has style. Rentar I personally think is a great villian, if not so well translated in user-scenarios.

On the side: Just why does everyone seem to hate Rentar?

--------------------
"I must admit, killing mortals is much easier that killing demons. If you remove a demon's head, all you end up with is something that tries to bite your ankles." -Valen
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by So seethe the Sword:

Just why does everyone seem to hate Rentar?
BoE. Rentar swore vengeance at the end of E3, and Jeff didn't have an E4 to deal with her... but there were a few too many designers who came up with scenarios that did.

--------------------
The Silent Assassin has discovered the latest in great weapons of mass distruction: a flying disk thrown at high velocities that can do damage at long range.
I want to discover how he's planning on fitting eight dozen frisbees into the shed.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by So seethe the Sword:

Follow-up in BoA terms: Rentar was the core villain of Undead Valley, a scenario which even now haunts the minds of designers as an example of what to avoid. She also apparently instigated the events of Nephilim Mystery, which should be punishable by death. :P

--------------------
TM: "I want BoA to grow. Evolve where the food ladder has rungs to be reached."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #14
Hey, at least Rentar isn't responsible for Foul Hordes. She still has some good in her. :P

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #15
I must say, I'm a little surprised at some of the results thus far. A few of the villains who did well in the previous poll are now floundering, and a couple I never though would receive votes are doing... well, they're receiving votes anyway.

--------------------
AvatarAphobiaIMAGINE THIS SCENARIO
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #16
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

I must say, I'm a little surprised at some of the results thus far. A few of the villains who did well in the previous poll are now floundering, and a couple I never thought would receive votes are doing... well, they're receiving votes anyway.
FYT (thought was though)

Anyway, thank you for that Ephesos, Lenar. I found Jean and Stalker to be well developed and rather stylish. Galthrax was the classic evil Dragon type and Vakhos had A) A good Graphic B) Had a nice style to him C) Was a good philisophical development.

And I just like Vampires. They are a good way of saying that Necromancy isent evil by definition.

--------------------
"I must admit, killing mortals is much easier that killing demons. If you remove a demon's head, all you end up with is something that tries to bite your ankles." -Valen
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #17
quote:

A4.

--------------------
I like this image
Iffy= Infernal Flamming Muffin. The y is added to make a word.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #18
It's always nice to see that I'm not the only one who likes my villains. Well, not in all cases, it seems, but you can't win them all.

--------------------
TM: "I want BoA to grow. Evolve where the food ladder has rungs to be reached."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #19
quote:
Originally written by Lenar:

The U-Vote Designer Villain score:
This evaluation of popularity is derived by totalling all votes in this poll for a designer's villains, and dividing that by the number of villains by that designer available in this poll.
The UVDVS is measured in Votes-per-villain.

TM wishes to express his opinion that this metric is unfair: since it isn't possible for a voter to vote for every villain, designers are effectively punished for making more villains.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #20
Prize is as much a villain as Kill Prize, Win Ogre is a scenario. The only reason I made it was to engage in copious amounts of self-promotion, possibly making a point about said self-promotion at the same time.

But hey. If my public adores me, who am I not to bask in its glow?

--------------------
IMAGE(http://dintiradan.ermarian.net/scenarios/killprizewinogre/banner.gif)
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #21
That sig needs a health warning there, Dintiradan.