Orb of thralni

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Orb of thralni
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #25
for instance, A Small Rebellion uses the file name stealth (stealth.bas, stealth.txt, and stealthdata.txt) for the important files.

your scenario has the same thing, you need that file ending in data.txt since it has all those custom dealies you want. actually you create them and place them in there since otherwise they can't exist. like thuryl says, check out one of them to see how it's done.

*this message funded by loki, but the check turned into a bill*

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #26
Okay, so the terrain and custom creatures that i have made, are being recognized bij the editor. Now there is this strange problem: When I put a custom creature in my scenario, it doesn't give a good picture of it, like the other standard creatures. You partly see the creature. Sometimes you also see the separation lines betwee two creature graphics. I have checked that the graphics aren't to big. They are the same size as the custom greature graphics of Valley of dying things. Does anybody know how to solve this?

(I can't show a picture of it. I hope anybody understands the problem)

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #27
Have you made sure the creature's cr_small_or_large_template attribute is set to the appropriate value? Is the problem fixed if you change the monster's graphic number to one of the default graphics?

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #28
I set the cr_small_or_large_template to 0, that didn't make any difference. When i changed the custom creatures graphic number to a standard graphic number (for example 1500), it was normal.
So this didn't really help. I hope its not a problem with the graphics, because I worked hard on them.

A second time a compared the the creature graphics made by Jeff, and my own, and they really match exactly, so that really can't be the problem

[ Friday, June 24, 2005 06:34: Message edited by: Thralni ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #29
it's definitely the graemlins then. or your computer. it is definitely your Mac or PC. whichever you are using. this is me saying i can't do graphics, but there are graphics people here. maybe they can assist.

*this message sponsored by MTK and the frolicking bunnies*

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #30
There was an occasional problem with Mac graphs. If I remember this right, they had to be placed in their rectangle's upper left corner to look well in the game. Would Kel or Thuryl know?

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #31
I don't make graphics, but my assumption is that you've screwed up something about the size of the sheet. If you e-mail me the graphic, I could tell you precisely, but it's probably that you have some extra white space on the left that you don't realize is there or something.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #32
This is what I was looking for:
quote:
I think I can answer this one. Some graphics programs (AppleWorks/ClarisWorks, for example) can set the PICT's bounding rectangle in a weird way when the graphic is copied out of the application. This can cause this behavior.

To fix it, in your graphics program, shift the icon so it is at the far upper left corner before you copy-paste it into the resource file. (In other words, move it to it's as far up and left as it can go without shifting off the edge.)

- Jeff
see: Unwanted lines in custom graphics

--------------------
Polaris
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #33
If all else fails, try using GraphicConverter for final preparation of your graphics instead of whatever program you used. I've used it for a long time and experienced no problems with borders.

It may also be that the resource editor you're using to make the graphics sheets BoA-compatible is the source of the problem; I've experienced weirdness with ResEdit on occasion. Try ResFool instead.

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #34
I tried almost all the advices. I used graphicconverter, but really didn't get how to use it. I tried using resfool, but it only works on Mac Os X, and I have Mac Os 9.2.2. I tried shifting the graphics to the upper left corner, but then the legs of the creature didn't show up in the editor. I don't have any other program then appleworks. I will try finding an other program. Maybe someone can sugest a good (free) program? I will also try to understand graphicconverter. Any way, thanks for the support!

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #35
quote:
Originally written by Thralni:

I tried shifting the graphics to the upper left corner, but then the legs of the creature didn't show up in the editor.
Did you check to see if they show up correctly in the game? Sometimes the game and the editor treat graphics differently, and after all it's how they look in the game that matters.

Incidentally, are you using the 3D Editor?

[ Saturday, June 25, 2005 02:56: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #36
No, Idon't use the 3D editor. Is there something like that? to make monsters and so?

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #37
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=129871
It's a BoA editor with 3D graphics instead of the 2D approximations the ordinary editor has. Makes terrain editing much easier.

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #38
YEEEESSSSSSS!!!! I FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!!

I'm sorry. Just got overexcited. It was actually really simple what I did. i just copy/pasted it in an other way. Instead of copying with the grapic's border square a hole lot of white, I put the rectangle with which you select thing ON the border rectangles. THEN I copied it and pasted it. now it came fine in the editor! So for everyone who has this problem, do what I did (I'm so happy that I wouldn't have to change programs or so, that I can almost scream of hapines!)

I do want to thank everyone who cared to post replies. thanks very much!

[ Saturday, June 25, 2005 06:15: Message edited by: Thralni ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #39
This is probably a really stupid and unnecesarry question, but what the hel do I care? I'm no trying to convert the graphics I made, so they work on windows. The problem is, I already don't have a clue how to get windows to recognize them, as I made them with appleworks. If someone can give me or give a link to a step by step tutorial or something, that will be great.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #40
What exactly are you trying to do? I think all you have to do is convert your graphics to BMP files (and I think you can do this just by choosing "Save As..." in Appleworks), but I'm not clear on exactly what you're doing.

Oh wait, was that "no" a "now"? Then yes, you need to convert them to BMPs.

[ Monday, June 27, 2005 09:16: Message edited by: Manhood Typing Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #41
What I'm trying to do, is now I'm probably going to work with the remake version of the editor, I also want windows to recognize the graphics I made. So di I only need to convert the graphics to BMP format, and then make an other CMG file with the new BMP formatted graphics with resedit, or do I have to use a comletely other program then resedit?

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #42
So you made the graphics on a Mac but want to use the Windows editor? All you have to do is convert the graphics to BMP format and get them over to that PC.

Seriously, just download a couple of PC scenarios and look at their graphics if you're having trouble understanding what you need to do. Those bunches of BMPs are the custom graphics.

--------------------

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #43
OK, I did that, they are on the PC. Now, how do I get them in the cmg file of the scenario? The game wouldn't recognice just some lose files, would it.

This question is just to bug you Kelandon, but, if you come from America, shouldn't you be in bed now?
(what a irritating question this is!) I'm living in The Netherlands, so its about 10 am.

EDIT:
I have loked at other scenario's and understand what you mean. Thanks for the advice. (By the way, you don't have to answer that question above!) :P

[ Monday, June 27, 2005 23:14: Message edited by: Thralni ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #44
There's nothing about a cmg file of a scenario on a PC. Put them in the scenario folder and title them the way that you title custom graphics on a PC (G500, G501, etc).

EDIT: Same time. Yeah.

And it's summer, and the weekly West Wing Marathon on Bravo is more than enough reason to stay up to 2 am. :P

[ Monday, June 27, 2005 23:15: Message edited by: Manhood Typing Kelandon ]

--------------------

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #45
Windows scenarios don't have a .cmg file. They do indeed just use a bunch of loose BMP files in the scenario folder. Just make sure they have the right file names, as set out in Section 4.1 of the documentation.

EDIT: Kel got in before me. Oh well. It's just as good for my post count anyway.

[ Monday, June 27, 2005 23:17: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #46
So I thought I new how to do it. I made bmp files, named them G... (and on the spots 3 numbers like 500, 501, 502 and 503) But I still get an error it couldn't find the graphics. I put them in the main folder of my scenario, error. I put them in the data folder, error. I really don't understand anymore what to do! Help!

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #47
Thralni, are you trying to play a Mac scenario on a PC? I don't know, but you may have to adapt more than just graphics to make that work.
If you have a PC version and just trouble with your graphics, mail me the whole thing. I've done custom graphs for PC before.
mailto:fritze@leukefeld.com

--------------------
Polaris
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #48
quote:
Originally written by ef:

Thralni, are you trying to play a Mac scenario on a PC? I don't know, but you may have to adapt more than just graphics to make that work.
No, you don't. BoA scenarios are completely cross-platform except the graphics.

And the graphics belong in the scenario folder, with the scripts and the bas file. Make sure that the number is the same as the resource ID in the old cmg file (so if it was resource 512 in the cmg file, make sure it's G512.bmp in the new folder). Just do what the other BoA scenarios do.

--------------------

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #49
I'm exactly doing what the others do. The graphics have the same number as in resource ID they once had. I have put them in the scenario folder, that sits in the BoA data folder. The program itself sits in the BoA data folder, were it belongs. The names of the graphics are G(number).bmp. The exact eror description: "BoA was unable to find or load graphic 503." After this an other error comes up: BoA editor just failed to load this graphic: sheet 503, icon 3. The editor might have run out of memory, but, more likely, the grphic wasn't there" (or something like that). maybe this will help more then the other descriptions I gave. If nothing helps, I mail everyhting to ef.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!

Pages