Orb of thralni

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Orb of thralni
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #200
// townscript for town 11: Senarti fort.

begintownscript;

variables;

int choice;

body;

beginstate INIT_STATE;

if (get_flag(11,3) == 1)
set_flag(11,3,0);

break;

beginstate EXIT_STATE;
break;

beginstate START_STATE;
break;

beginstate 10;
if (get_flag(11,0) == 1)
end();
if (get_flag(1,6) == 1) {
add_dialog_str(0,"message",0);
add_dialog_choice(0,"don't touch it.");
add_dialog_choice(1,"Take it.");
choice = run_dialog(1);
if (choice == 2) {
set_flag(11,0,1);
set_flag(11,1,1);
change_spec_item(2,1);
set_terrain(36,19,218);
activate_hidden_group(1);
}
}
break;

beginstate 11;
if (get_flag(11,1) == 1)
end();
message_dialog("message","");
set_flag(11,1,1);
break;

beginstate 12;
if (get_flag(11,3) == 0) {
if (species_in_party(2) == 1) {
reset_dialog();
add_dialog_str(1,"message",0);
add_dialog_choice(0,"Okay");
choice = run_dialog(1);
set_terrain(14,13,0);
set_terrain(13,13,0);
}
}
break;

beginstate 13;
reset_dialog();
add_dialog_str(1,"message",0);
add_dialog_choice(0,"Enter it");
add_dialog_choice(1,"Leave it");
choice = run_dialog(0);
if (choice == 1) {
message_dialog("message","");
change_outdoor_location(4,1,6,40);
move_to_new_town(19,3,19);
}
break;
This is the entire town script. the node removing the walls is 12. And I did put the walls there in the first place.

The script has no errors for as far I know. The game doesn't complain. Only the walls are missing in the town.

[ Saturday, August 13, 2005 00:53: Message edited by: Marvin, the paranoid android ]

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #201
Have you confirmed that the walls are still gone if you leave town and return, so it's not just your current saved game remembering a previous version of the town?

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #202
No. The first time you enter the town, the walls already are gone. I can only think about something that removes the walls when you enter, but I didn't put something like that in the script.

The set_flag call in the INIT_STATE is also there to make sure that you can remove the wall when entering the town a second time. maybe I should just put an other lever somewhere in town, instead of this special node.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #203
Instead of that flag, you could just use: if (get_terrain(13,13) == 3)) or whatever the wall is supposed to be.

I must admit, I'm stumped. I see no reason based on the scripts here that a wall that you've placed in the editor would disappear before you run state 12, and I can't see why state 12 would run any earlier than you want it.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #204
i was affraid this would happen sometime. i'll wait though, before sending anything to Jeff. Could the problem be, that the special rectangle is directly adjacent to the wall? (I see this as highly unlikely, but you never know...)

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #205
Shouldn't be. Here, email me the whole scenario, tell me what town is the problem and I'll take a look at it for you:

rmcm1839 _at_ bigpond -dot- net -dot- au

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #206
I mailed you everything. information on the scenario you can find in the email and also in the readme and hints file.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #207
Okay, I've tested your scenario and replied to your email. Try as I might, I can't reproduce your problem in any way, shape or form. Everything seems to work as intended for me.

[ Sunday, August 14, 2005 00:53: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #208
That's very strange. In any case. i just reinstalled my computers system. The Mac editor is causing real problems on my computer. Its possible it will now work fine, although I didn't tested it yet.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #209
If the regular editor is giving you trouble, try the 3D editor. It may or may not solve your problem, but it's better anyway.

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #210
I already use the 3Deditor for a very long time. but sometimes I get laisy, and i want to do it quickly, so i turn on the Mac editor. (I know there is a 3Deditor for the Mac, but that's for Mac OS X. I have Mac OS 9.2.2).

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #211
i tried the scenario again. It worked all fine.

What i did? enetered the scenario with a different, new party!

i remembered having very strange problems with this scenario everytime i pt in something drastic and very new and different. Entering the scenario again, with a new party and not a saved game solved the problems I had, and this newer problem.

Anyway, Thuryl, thanks very much for the help you offered.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #212
I've encountered problems with the call what_day_of_scenario. I anybody could give a look at this script and tell me why it doesn't work?

//Outdoor Script for x = 2 y = 1

beginoutdoorscript;

variables;

int choice;

body;

beginstate INIT_STATE;

if (what_day_of_scenario() > 20)
set_flag(100,2,1);

break;

beginstate START_STATE;
break;

beginstate 10;
if (get_flag(100,2) == 1) {
set_town_visibility(18,1);
set_flag(18,0,0);
end();
}
break;

beginstate 11;
reset_dialog();
add_dialog_choice(0,"Not yet.");
add_dialog_choice(1,"I'd like to leave now.");
choice = run_dialog(1);
if (choice == 1) {
message_dialog("That is good news for Riverrod. Many people will thank you for this stay.","");
block_entry(1);
}
if (choice == 2) {
message_dialog("I guess there are people who are braver then you are...","");
end_scenario(1);
}
break;

beginstate 12;
if (get_flag(100,2) == 1) {
set_town_visibility(18,1);
set_flag(18,0,1);
end();
}
the problem is mainly with state 10. (Note though, that first (beore I changed it) the call what_day_of_scenario, was in state 10, and not in the INITstate.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #213
A cursory look reveals no problems (apart from the lack of a break; at the end of state 12). It'd help if you told us what problems you're experiencing. I assume you're not getting any actual error messages, but the call just isn't behaving the way you expect it to? Have you tried including a bunch of print_str calls for debugging purposes so that you can see which lines of script are being called under which circumstances?

Also, I wouldn't recommend placing calls in the INIT_STATE of an outdoor section. As far as I can tell, the behaviour of outdoor section INIT_STATEs isn't documented -- it's possible they're only called once in a scenario or something wacky like that.

[ Sunday, August 21, 2005 23:40: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #214
The exact problem is, that when the number of days is higher then twelf, town 18 should appear, but it doesn't. Moreoverm its alway there, even if the day is maybe 5. i don't get error messages.

This roblem is irritating, but it can wait a while. This is a more urgent problem.

i made an other custom graphic. it all works fine, it looks nice in the game. BUT: its like apillar, and has two eicons on top of each other. the game diplays it as two icons that simply are on the same place, if you understand me. they arent forming a pillar, s it should be.

in the data file i did put the te_second_icon thing, but it doesn't seem to put it on top of the other icon. so how do I do this? this question is rather urgent, so I'd rather see this question answered first and then the original i had before this second one.

thanks in advance.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #215
quote:
Originally written by Thralni, emperor of Riverrod:

The exact problem is, that when the number of days is higher then twelf, town 18 should appear, but it doesn't.
Er, if you want the town to appear on day 12, then you should probably have your conditional statements use the number 12 instead of 20.

quote:
Moreoverm its alway there, even if the day is maybe 5.
Have you actually made the town hidden in the first place?

quote:
i made an other custom graphic. it all works fine, it looks nice in the game. BUT: its like apillar, and has two eicons on top of each other. the game diplays it as two icons that simply are on the same place, if you understand me. they arent forming a pillar, s it should be.

in the data file i did put the te_second_icon thing, but it doesn't seem to put it on top of the other icon. so how do I do this? this question is rather urgent, so I'd rather see this question answered first and then the original i had before this second one.
Look up the te_second_icon_offset_y property in the docs. That's what you need to set. Note that since you want the second icon shifted upwards, you need a negative number.

If the terrain graphic is an edit of an existing terrain graphic, you can probably just borrow the numbers from the existing terrain you based it on. If not, fiddle with the exact number until it looks right. -55 seems to be fairly standard.

[ Monday, August 22, 2005 01:50: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #216
there were some things i probably didn't write well, causing some confusion on the way.

The day is 20, not twelve. i don't know why i wrote twelf. probbaly because the words are similair.

i made the town hidden by putting number 1 in the plcae where you can choose if the town is hidden or not, in the town details screen.

EDIT:
Now I looked at the script myself for a while, i see a big problem i don't understand.

if the day is over 20, it sets flag 100,2,1, right?

for the town to appear, flag 100,2 should be 1. if the day is below 20, it shouldn't set the flag, but it still ets the flag, enabling the town to be seen. that's i think the problem here. maybe you know what's wrong here?

[ Monday, August 22, 2005 02:07: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #217
the graphics problem is solved. thanks for that Thuryl. -55 is exactly right.

Now the other question to solve...

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #218
Are you using flag 100,2 somewhere else in the scenario?

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #219
No. This is the only place i use this flag. It doesn't matter if I go to that place in the outdoors (this script is an outdoor script!) in the very beginning or the very end of the game, I'll always end up in the town, even when its not over day 20.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #220
i think its best if I explain why there are two almost the same special nodes here: 10 and 12.

They are for different directions of enetering town. When you enetr from one side, flag 18,0 is kept 0, if on the other side entered, its 18,0 to 1.

This way the cutscene doesn't move eventually to a place where your party doesn't stand (unfortunately, it doesn't work. there's an error, but that doesn't matter, since the cutscene itself works fine.

Anyway, (an additional question) is it possible to amke a sort of interactive sort of control panel, like in Avernum 3 in the alien slime cave?

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #221
quote:
Originally written by Thralni, emperor of Riverrod:

No. This is the only place i use this flag. It doesn't matter if I go to that place in the outdoors (this script is an outdoor script!) in the very beginning or the very end of the game, I'll always end up in the town, even when its not over day 20.
As usual, the debugging calls print_str() and print_num() are your friends. Pepper your code with them at appropriate places. Print the numbers of relevant flags at points when you suspect they might change. Print different strings in different parts of conditional statements to see what code is being run.

The first thing to do is confirm whether or not flag 100,2 is actually set to 1 before day 20, or whether there's something else going on. And for heaven's sake, make sure you're using a fresh party for these tests -- I don't want to be sent on another wild goose chase because you changed the scenario without starting your party over.

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #222
i changed the party over the past week(s) about five times, and still it was the same, but I'll change the flag to 100,10, to be just on the safe side. i'll also use the print_string calls.

But is it possible to have an interactive control panel as in avernum 3, the slime pit where the alien slime sits? You have this panel in the middle of the cave. if you come near it, you get this screen with five buttons which you can press. Can I do this also? or is it far out of my reach (if that is the reason, tell me anyway, cause if i can make, i will. No matter what.)

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #223
Control panel question answered in the other thread.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #224
I'm sorry to say I still have that problem I posted earlier, with the town that appears far to soon. i think there's probably some trouble with the if sentences. It doesn't solve itself with a new party entering the scenario, as it did with other things. i entered the scenario about five times now and the problem still is there. The game doesn't give an error, so I'll have to look deeper into what's happening here.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!

Pages