Backwater Calls submitted.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Backwater Calls submitted.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #50
quote:
gave you the "Permit to Leave"
You are right. I must have met him at some point early on. Why then couldn't I find him when I tried to deliver my letters? I'll try again.

I did love the Giant Slug. It's one of those small things that, I know, I will remember most vividly when thinking of the scenario.

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #51
Yes, they are in the same folder.
The item-window disappeared in every outdoor-battle, I remember the zombie-woods and the slith aera.
I trained my mage who had 16 mage, 3 priest and 6 magery skill.

But as ef suggested, I downloaded now the Mac-version from Spiderweb (uh ... was really hard to find =_=). Give a new feedback tomorrow.
:D I'm feeling like a gamma-tester ...

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #52
I mashed the rebels up too, and they still appeared to fight with me. Im not complaining though it was the best of both worlds.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #53
Ok., I downloaded the mac version from Spiderweb and - huzza! - all the monsters are visible now. There must be a corrupted version on BoAC. I wish there would be better links on SW for the new scenarios. They are not easy to find.

Bearworth's answer when I ask for training is still confusing because he gives three answers ...
And there is a black vertical line at the right side of some monsters - well, only an aesthetical flaw.

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #54
Have to agree, the spell checker made it better. Also, the ending is a bit better in final version. I like the details in this scenario. There is a lot of small stuff.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Apprentice
Member # 5328
Profile Homepage #55
Sorry but Thuryl is right, only I gave up after 2 pages. (God I must be lazy)
Then my computer breaks and I lost that file.
So I didn't even get to submit the errors.

And thanks to Smoo for a captivating scenario, I'm glad I got the chance to beta-test it.
Sorry I added this post before I realized that this topic had 3 pages, Thuryl's message that I am talking about is on the end of the first page.

[ Friday, March 11, 2005 07:17: Message edited by: Assasin ]

--------------------
If you fear Hell, fear me.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #56
Yes, but in the case of a non native speaker it would be helpful, if beta-testers made it very clear that spelling and grammar have to be worked on, even if they do not mail all errors.
Smoo has quite a knack for story-telling, that he got his through inspite of all the errors and bugs. I really look forward to his next scenario.

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
Cartographer
Member # 995
Profile #57
Given sufficient time (about a day per 100 words, given that I have other games, my job, my life, and developing scenarios to which I must attend) I can go through text and help with spelling and grammar. I prefer text without code, but can work either way.
Apprentice
Member # 4390
Profile #58
quote:
I assume that you said you didn't hate the Empire to the grumpy old man in Grimson. If you said yes then do as the old man said and the people you were suppose to contact in Sattle will tell you the right combination. But if you really want to know the right combination and not hate the Empire then the right one is: first pull the blank lever, then rock, paper, scissors and rock.
I have problem here. I went to Jacob and said I hate the empire and he gave me the password, then I went to sattle and gave password to the door and it unlocked. I went inside and the room was empty. Why!

[ Saturday, March 12, 2005 13:34: Message edited by: Dimebag ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 5459
Profile Homepage #59
Well... The only reasonable explanation I can come up with is that you already defeated the boss of the scenario and returned to Sattle after that. This isn't the case, right?

*sigh* Another bug...

--------------------
These are my scenarios. I may have too much free time but I really don't care.
Backwater Calls, Magus of Cattalon, Rats Aplenty
Get them here
Visit The Lyceum for all your rating needs.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #60
Did you have the rebels arrested?

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 5459
Profile Homepage #61
Can't arrest them if you haven't met them. :)
Unless there's a bug of some sort...

--------------------
Get them here
Apprentice
Member # 5598
Profile Homepage #62
After I enter the final Haakai's throne room, he monologues a bit then gets hit by the beam from my Demon Necklace charm, then I fight two demons and four demon stalker/centurion things, but the barriers are still in front of the portal, and the final Haakai is nowhere to be found. Am I missing something?

--------------------
Backwater Calls is the best BOA Scenario to date!!!
Shock Trooper
Member # 5459
Profile Homepage #63
*Bangs head against the wall* Haakai! Nowhere! To be! Found!?
Eh? Could it be that the haakai stumbled upon the secret passage behind his throne? Did you search back there?
If he isn't there try exiting and re-entering the demon pit, then see if the haakai is back at his throne.

[ Wednesday, March 16, 2005 07:57: Message edited by: Smoo ]

--------------------
Get them here
Apprentice
Member # 5598
Profile Homepage #64
Yeah, I looted his treasure room, but he isn't anywhere. I've never talked to the rebels, I entered through the main gate (killing two haakai and a whole bunch of other demons, wouldn't have been able to do it without "Arcane Shield"), but there is no haakai. I'll restore a savegame I made before entering the throne room and try it again. Is he supposed to just be there, or do I have to look for him somewhere?

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 5459
Profile Homepage #65
He's supposed to be there all right. no searching for him or anything. But since you didn't kill him you could try that re-entering the town thing I edited on my previous post. If that doesn't work then try loading your game...

--------------------
Get them here
Apprentice
Member # 5598
Profile Homepage #66
Oh, by the way, this scenario is by FAR the best submitted scenario I've played for Blades of Avernum. In all of the other ones I felt EXTREMELY limited to what I could do, mainly because if you strayed from the author's path even a little, your whole party was killed, etc., etc. Smoo, yours has NONE of that feeling. I could do the quests when i wanted how I wanted, each dungeon felt different, there weren't a lot of those EXTREMELY annoying "cutscenes" that seem to be so popular among scenario authors, and the story was GREAT, implementing things from the original Exile/Avernum storylines, as well as building a lot of your own lore/story. I LOVED IT, and anxiously await the your next gem!!!

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5598
Profile Homepage #67
Should he be sitting on the throne during his dialogue? Maybe I just need to download an updated version from the BOA Center. I'll try that and post again....

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5598
Profile Homepage #68
Fixed!!!

Smoo--I restored a savegame from before entering the throne room, exited the dungeon, then reentered, made my way back to his throne room, and there he is! Thanks for your help!! This is one EXCELLENT scenario!!

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5415
Profile #69
Secret treasure room...? D'oh.

You know, I usually search every place meticulously, especially near the big bads, but I completely blanked on doing that after the end fight.

Of course I never got into the rock, paper, scissors area either. Perhaps it's time to restore a saved file.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3174
Profile Homepage #70
Awesome Scenario....but what on earth is the answer to the riddle to get Marnoks bracelet?!

--------------------
Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle, melloneamin.
---------------------
Finder of impossible beta testing errors.
Apprentice
Member # 5595
Profile #71
someone stated that it was "revenge"
Warrior
Member # 1425
Profile #72
It's 'death'
Warrior
Member # 5186
Profile Homepage #73
I just finished Backwater Calls and I just learend about these rebels when i looked at the forum???? Where are they????????????? What do they do????
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #74
Talk to the old guy living in the first town you visit after leaving the scenario start. His house is in the extreme corner of the town. Tell him that you hate the empire. Everything with the rebels begins to happen after that. There are other rebels too that I would assume want to hear your despise for the "evil" Empire. So basically fake hatred of the Empire, in any conversations.

--------------------

Pages