Canopy: Manufactured Womb is Released!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Canopy: Manufactured Womb is Released!
Apprentice
Member # 5375
Profile #75
yes all of my characters have at least 44 sp *that is my melee character* and my mage and priest have over 100 sp i wonder if i am missing the script file or something that makes them work... i dled it from the creators site just fine and no interuption occured during the download...

i am going to dl it again and start over...thank goodness for the character editor *this is my main party*

[ Saturday, January 08, 2005 18:08: Message edited by: bevel ]
Apprentice
Member # 5225
Profile #76
More Red Herrings?

Did anyone get into the hidden room in the tiger cave? - I did but I am not sure of the point. It says it looks like the room emery showed you but you can do anything in there that I can figure.

Did anyone get behind the counter in the pub or into the secret passage? I couldn't.

What is behind the barrier that the pub manager would dispel for you?

Why is there a back entrance to "Schiewidler" *I know I didn't spell it right)?

Did anyone find the goblins east of the plantation?

I have more questions for later.
Warrior
Member # 278
Profile #77
I never found the back entrance to Schwein-whatever. The goblins are there but you have to bushwhack through the forest. I never got to the pub cellar.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #78
To get into the hidden room in the Tiger Caves, you need the Obispopiedra. Once you're inside, you can go back to Abhijit for some experience.

The three examples from Zephirium Inn are all red herrings.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 5273
Profile #79
I haven't found this anywhere else, so
BUG:
No Cloud of Blades

A short way into the scenario, I found (after buying some levels of it from the Priest in the Inn) that I was unable to use Priest Spell Cloud of Blades. On my Character Info Sheet, it says the character does not know the spell (grayed out) and the Character Editor, also, says I have it at Level 0. I have tried buying it again at different levels, and using the Editor to put it up, and the Info sheet then shows I have it, but as soon as I enter combat, my Priest cannot use it, and after combat, the Info screen reverts, once again saying I do not know the spell. I have only experienced this in Canopy so far, not in any other scenarios, but I haven't tested it in any other scenarios; I am waiting to finish Canopy, since I feel I can probably finish it without the spell.

EDIT: Windows version, with WinXP Home SP2

[ Tuesday, January 11, 2005 14:11: Message edited by: superiority ]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #80
This is not a bug, it's a feature. Cloud of Blades does damage proportional to a monster's HP; it would do hundreds of points of damage to some of the bosses, completely unbalancing the combat.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 5287
Profile #81
I have just watched the General Die, killed that Sud-Canopy General Stella (I think that was her name) Then Spiegelbrecher killed leader, and now, whatever I do, I end up in the circle, and Spiegelbrecher kills me! I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do. Was I not supposed to tell leader something was wrong?

--------------------
yeah...
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #82
That's the end of the scenario. The same thing happens no matter what you tell Leader.

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #83
Wait- you were able to buy levels of Cloud of Blades from Milton? HOW? If you are playing version 1.0 or above of Canopy, you shouldn't be able to purchase or obtain this spell anywhere in the scenario.

(And by the way- for issues of balance in all other scenarios, if your version allows you to purchase Cloud of Blades, DON'T DO SO.)

[ Saturday, January 15, 2005 19:32: Message edited by: General Leon ]

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5366
Profile #84
funny thing, to me it seemed that cloud of blades would be the only spell to make the fights less unbalanced... :rolleyes:

(of course, mabye its just silly me who thinks its poor balancing when i need to haste my mage and priest and let them jump around like idiots, hoping that they bump into invisible foes - instead of casting the only available area effect spell)
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #85
Unfortunately, the thing about that is that invisible monsters can't have spells cast at them, and Cloud of Blades requires a non-PC, monster target anyway.

Simultaneously, the Holy Warriors aren't invisible since they fire beams at you. That is, you can see the source of the fire that's being shot at you. They don't "teleport" around very often, making the task easier than it seems.

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #86
They teleported every round for me.

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #87
They have a ~50% chance of teleporting. Anyway, when they do teleport, they always shoot out another beam, revealing them anyway. It makes things inconvenient if your luck is bad, sure, but it's not impossible.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5366
Profile #88
since i already complained about the fights - how the hell am i supposed to kill zauberer? he is resistant to spells, cant be hit in melee, and the laser beam does no damage on him. any ideas...?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #89
The beam *should* be hurting him. Make sure it's passing directly through him.

Come to think of it, looking at the script, it actually checks for a specific point on the map, regardless of whether Zauby is located at that point. I'm pretty sure he doesn't move, but it's possible he appeared a space or two away from where he's supposed to. Try aiming the beam a little to the left or the right.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5366
Profile #90
he is right where he appeared, standing in the center of 2 crossing laser beams, and every round the display says "zauberer takes no damage"
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #91
Two crossing beams? I only needed to aim one beam at him, going from north to south. I didn't know it was even possible to get two on him.

EDIT: The beam has to hit the coordinates (12,20), if that information is of any value to you. By the way, Zauberer doesn't *actually* take damage from the beams, so don't panic if you don't see his health bar going down, but you should get animations, sounds and messages at the bottom of the screen at the start of every round.

[ Monday, January 24, 2005 23:40: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5366
Profile #92
seems this was a bug the first time, i repeated everything and this time he died, tough he was standing at the same spot, hit by the same beams. odd.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #93
Eh. BoA's behaviour sometimes seems even more dependent on the phase of the moon than BoE was.

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #94
There should be no reason why Zauberer would move. This leaves me confused greatly. Did you experience any error messages? I will look into this to see if I can solve whatever is there.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5366
Profile #95
well, he didnt move, the problem was just that he didnt take any damage from the beams, i waited for like 15 rounds and he didnt loose a single hitpoint. there were no error messages, just "zauberer takes no damage".
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #96
That's a failure of the town script. Which version of BoA are you using? Which version of Canopy are you playing with? After the beams all activated, did you move the mirror anywhere? I'll see what the problem could be.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5362
Profile #97
a similair thing happened to me the first time i did it, but when i tried again it was fine.
Apprentice
Member # 5446
Profile #98
This might have been a past question, but i killed the powerful wizard guy from sud canopy, but forgot to save it, and now everytime i try to kill him with the mirror it does no damage to him. I was also looking for more scenarios.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #99
Again, I repeat: Which version of Canopy were you playing? Which version of BoA? I can't fix these problems, especially when they aren't happening to me.

--------------------

Pages