Canopy: Manufactured Womb is Released!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Canopy: Manufactured Womb is Released!
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #0
http://tm.desperance.net/Canopy.html

It's for levels 35-50: Finally, something to play after DwtD!

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 57
Profile #1
Finally about time a new one to play :D
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #2
Update- If you have a version from before this post, add this to the variables section of bbmagekiller.txt:

short i_gave_alert;

(Or just re-download. It's all the same to me.)

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #3
I just played it (and was up pretty late :P )

Seriously, good job. It's excellent, and it was worth my waiting and the hours it took to beat.

--------------------
"Let us see what the new day brings." - Temas, Areni.

Visit my realm!

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Apprentice
Member # 1474
Profile #4
Dang - I just started the scenario and I'm already stuck. I can't get upstairs and I can't get out of the original building. Am I missing something terribly obvious?
Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #5
No just a bug. Happened to me, but i quit the scenario and started again. It all seemed to work after that. Having a little trouble with Unumslich (how the hell im a meant to spell that, for christs sake!). I smashed all the orbs, killed everyone but him, and even got him to use those 3 statues on me. What next? Im only doind 1 damage every 20 hits or so.

Edit: I got it know. Lucky i didnt throw those orbs away...

[ Sunday, December 26, 2004 12:09: Message edited by: Angry Ogre ]

--------------------
"But The Damage is Irreversible"
Apprentice
Member # 4872
Profile #6
I just finished playing the scenario... I think. To avoid spoiling it for anyone I won't go into detail but the ending was confusing to me. Is there a "good" ending that I missed?

Anyway, I enjoyed playing it. It was quite different from the scenarios made by Jeff, which was very refreshing. The special items/spells were cool and made the extremely difficult combat doable.

Thanks for making this scenario!

EDIT: There was a little bug right at the beginning where I couldn't talk to Leader and thus couldn't advance the plot. After restarting the scenario everything worked fine, however.

[ Sunday, December 26, 2004 12:25: Message edited by: LostAtSea ]
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #7
DragynBob also commented on this. Are you people getting any sort of error? I will have to email Jeff about this, because it's only happening to PC users, and the code all seems to be solid. (That is to say, I haven't heard of any errors AFTER reloading.)

Once I figure out the error, I will upload a new version immediately!

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #8
No error messages. The dialougue just doesnt come up when you enter the chamber, and you cant go up the stairs. The rest is normal (ie Moerder's dialouge, floating dioalouge, the forge etc)

The ending was strange. Cant say i like it because i didnt understand it. Then again im not used to thinking.

[ Sunday, December 26, 2004 13:37: Message edited by: Angry Ogre ]

--------------------
"But The Damage is Irreversible"
Warrior
Member # 278
Profile #9
I'm running Mac 10.37 and I had the problem going up the stairs in the beginning also. But after restarting, it worked OK. The combat in this scenario is tough--its like food that is so hot its almost impossible to eat. But we finally have a new scenario--I just replayed Diplomacy I was getting to desperate!
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #10
I emailed Jeff asking him what the problem was.

I am not experiencing it, so I do not know how to fix it.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 4445
Profile #11
The problem lies in the script for Schwertschrein, at state 19. I have a corrected version of the code here:

beginstate 19;

if(get_flag(32,9) == 0 && town_status(4) < 2){
add_dialog_str(0,"This is the chest containing the blacksmith's work. Clearly, stealing things which are inside of here would be BAD.",0);
add_dialog_str(1,"On the other hand, that doesn't mean that you can't take what's inside of here...",0);
add_dialog_choice(0,"Leave it alone.");
add_dialog_choice(1,"Rob them blind.");
bmessage = run_dialog(0);
if(bmessage == 1){
block_entry(1);
end();
}
else{
message_dialog("Artigiano sees you doing this and shouts out to the guards. Whoops.","In the meantime, however, the weapons are yours for the taking! Unfortunately, you'll need them.");
make_town_hostile();
}
}
break;
town_status() is a function, and you use it like a variable. Additionaly, you are missing a closing brace. If someone examines the box, the town script gets (I think) unloaded because of the errors in this state, so the special at the stairs doesn't take place. Oh, by the way, the scenario so far is excellent.

Edit: Do you have to make all the script files read-only?

[ Sunday, December 26, 2004 15:38: Message edited by: Prophet of Doom ]
Agent
Member # 14
Profile #12
I never looked at the box but still had the stairs problem. It's possible that the same error occurs somewhere else, or a different cause entirely.

--------------------
Dragyn Bob

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here!"-The Divine Comedy
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 4492
Profile #13
I just posted something about town_status earlier. Does town_status actually work?
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #14
You're right about state 19, but that would still only be a problem while looking at the box, and it wouldn't cause the town to work when reset. Nevertheless, thanks for pointing out the error. When Jeff responds (and if he has another solution), I'll upload v1.1.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #15
I'm having slight difficulties fighting Unumst?§lich. I know how to beat him, but my caster has no more spell points and my two fighters are down to 5 hp each. I read something about a mage who sells special spells and potions, but I have yet to find him. Do I have to use the editor or can someone help me?

By the way, Fuswi (or whatever his name was) did not turn hostile towards me the second time I fought him (had to reload after an archer picked off my caster). Basically he helped me take out everyone else in the room, then I attacked him anyway.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #16
If your fighters have Rasereiangriff (and only 5HP left, no less!), they can use it to great effect. Also, make sure to kill the magi that come and help Stossie as reinforcements. They drop energy potions and elixirs. Also, if Naturshand is doing under 180 damage, one of the Wizards drops Shinibiimu which is more effective.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 4244
Profile #17
I would like to say that i liked this scenario except for the fact that it is too short (when you arrive in sud canopy there is very little action and most of the story goes on through cutscenes.. :( ) Anyway i am a bit disappointed by the end of the scenario.. >Spoilers< Are we really supposed to die in that way, i mean i almost tried all combinations but all brought me to fall in the world of the deads.. i thought i could had a chance to survive and change my opinion..
Maybe i missed something, and for this reason i am going to replay it once again, but some things are not very clear; for example, what are emery bishop's real aims for canopy? i mean, is he just playing with north and sud canopy like a child with soldiers? And what about spiegel-don't-remember-the-name? What is he going to do after he has killed us?

I repeat probably I missed most of the story so excuse me if my questions are too noobish :D
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #18
It's a TM scenario. Don't feel too bad. Everyone probably missed most of the story.

Once you're done playing and re-playing it, feel free to give it a rating on the Lyceum. The ratings page is in TM's signature, but if you find his list of links a bit too long, I'll also give it to you here.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #19
I know the scenerio has been released but I have some errors to report.

- The Bugbear Mage killed me at full health with the martyrs beam, even though it said it only did 20 damage. Is this supposed to happen?

- Fuswi(?) never turned hostile towards me.

- I left Klugman(?) the mage Lieutenant alive, yet the warrior lieutenant I killed was the one to show up later. I ended up with two Summon Achilles and none of Klugmans special items.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #20
quote:
- The Bugbear Mage killed me at full health with the martyrs beam, even though it said it only did 20 damage. Is this supposed to happen?
Yes. (It actually does 100 damage- If this is killing you, then you're patently weak. Cast Enduring Barrier to get above the 100HP mark before killing the mage or quaf an invulnerability potion.)

quote:
- Fuswi(?) never turned hostile towards me.
Fusei turned hostile for me and, apparently, my testers as well. I have no idea what could be going wrong- Do you get an error message?

quote:
- I left Klugman(?) the mage Lieutenant alive, yet the warrior lieutenant I killed was the one to show up later. I ended up with two Summon Achilles and none of Klugmans special items.
Again, I do not know what is going on- I am not experiencing the error, sorry! Are you given any error messages? I will eventually try to use different SDFs for these values in the next version; perhaps that will solve the problem(s).

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 4445
Profile #21
There is another error, but I am inclined to believe that it is Jeff's fault than yours. When anyone besides the lead character uses any of the special spells, it fails to deduct from the users' AP. While it made the Trahison fight more managable and the Shroud fight downright easy, I doubt it's what you intended.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #22
Upgrade to the most recent version of BoA.

Sorry- that one is YOUR fault. :P

--------------------
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #23
I didn't get any error messages. There were no glitches or freezes, etc.

My fighters have more than enough hp to handle 100 damage from Martyrs beam.

I have a feeling its not your fault at all; I had to use the character editor to give me some energy potions and balm of life (see bugbear mage) one time. Maybe it switched or messed up a few variables.

I'll tackle this scenerio again with a god party and see if it happens again.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #24
Players! If you think peoples' talking in the cutscenes goes too quickly/slowly, you have a special ability called "Set cutscene speed" which allows you to set the speed at which text is displayed.

Just thought I'd let you know.

--------------------

Pages