Canopy: Manufactured Womb is Released!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Canopy: Manufactured Womb is Released!
Warrior
Member # 3289
Profile Homepage #25
Erm, can anyone tell me where all the symbols are? I've got 8 but cannot seem to find the last one and I'm not sure where I've got them from. Is it in the secret room underground that I can't seem to get into?

--------------------
My head is longer my own - I am furious. When will my torment end?... If anybody is frustrated or unhappy in this lycee, it is me! They will make me lose my head. - Jean-Francois Champolloin
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #26
Probably. Bang your head against the walls around areas you suspect until you get in.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #27
Go to the underground and head towards the sothern exit. In there is a store room. Search the two big barrels against the wall. Then use the explosives on the stone pillar.

I suggest you hasten you party before using them though...

--------------------
"But The Damage is Irreversible"
Shock Trooper
Member # 136
Profile Homepage #28
The last and ninth symbol waits in a chamber with no door :rolleyes:
If you got some explosives, climb up to the "iniciation ground" in the bugbear village and put them where the "ground is weak". When you're finished, just climb back down.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #29
Could someone add this score in the Lyceum for me? The board isn't recognizing my password, and I'm already ****ing pissed off after it destroyed my entire long review three times.

I'd add comments, but after retyping them three times, you'd think I'd be tired.
Warrior
Member # 278
Profile #30
I'm stil having trouble finding the symbols also.
1. In the upper right hand corner near the cages is what looks like a control panel that will open a barred door and give me access to a basement area with a rune, but the control panel does not do anything.
2. I blew up the figure and defeated the winged demon, but there's a room behind where he was that I can't get into.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #31
The symbols are indeed well hidden. And the "secret room", where the dark idol was, is a red herring.
Did you get the symbol in a hidden corner near the spellbook? Did you climb all of the stairs? Two places are reachable only through stairs from the underground.

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Warrior
Member # 3289
Profile Homepage #32
Back again. Does anyone know how I'm supposed to kill the hostile wizard under the catacombs. I think I have to do something with the mirror but I can't seem to make the beams hit him. Thanks in advance.

--------------------
My head is longer my own - I am furious. When will my torment end?... If anybody is frustrated or unhappy in this lycee, it is me! They will make me lose my head. - Jean-Francois Champolloin
Warrior
Member # 5322
Profile #33
from the readme of the scenario:

Q: How do I defeat Zauberer?
A: After he appears, the mirror nearby will become mobile. After making sure that your characters are out of his range, hasten one character and use him/her to push the mirror to the same space that the eastern torch is on. Run away immediately, and Zauberer will slowly die as you wait.
Apprentice
Member # 1474
Profile #34
I'm still trying to get the 9th symbol. Planted the explosives but then I keep getting killed off by the invisible ones. How do you fight them? Is my party a bunch of wimps?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #35
Bless, haste and use Enduring Barrier before the fight starts. Run around a lot until you whack into something, then start beating it up. Since spellcasters aren't all that useful in this fight except for healing, have them do the initial running around to find where the warriors go when they teleport, then have the fighters in your party follow behind them to do the attacking. I managed to beat the Holy Warriors with a level-25 party, but I needed Divine Aid; if your PCs aren't Divinely Touched, now might be the time to down a Heroic Brew or two.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #36
You can easily reconnoitre the invisibles by following the thin line that appears when they throw a spell on you.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #37
If you use haste and have a couple of good HTH characters you can kill them on your first go (need to be lucky tho). The invisibles will only teleport once, and as spy.there said, you can trace them from their beams.

Most of my characters have slippers of speed though, so maybe youll need to pump up your AP before this works.

I also suggest you bolster the HP of your characters significantly, or you'll be dead in about 3 turns.

Edit: Might as well mention that the bugbear inactivity problem is still here. They just stand around as i kill them, and however much i appreciate this satisfaction of my greed for blood, it would kinda ruin the scenario. Seeing as many of the battles are quite intresting tacticly, this spoils it a bit.

[ Friday, December 31, 2004 04:10: Message edited by: Angry Ogre ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3610
Profile #38
I'm missing one of the suns.
>SPOILER<

I have gotten the one by the demon, the one from the southern guard tower, the one from the tiger-cage area, the one from the training area, the western guard tower, the surface temple, and two others. Anyone know where the one I'm missing is?
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #39
West of the training area.
(I had planned on giving that room a description- It's a birthing area- but then I realized that the party would have no way of knowing this.)

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 3610
Profile #40
Actually, never mind. I thought I had the one in the SW guard tower and didn't. Chears.

[ Friday, December 31, 2004 11:57: Message edited by: Dastal ]
Warrior
Member # 3241
Profile #41
This was fun, but I played through it allready, I would have wanted a chance to change my opinion and kill the bishop... Just like the guys said in the land of the dead. And I would have wanted a change to kill that Flamesoldier thingy.
None of the scens I have played have decent helms, miracle helm is the best I have, 2nd is blessed steel helms and others are steel helms, everybody seems to forget helms...Just as cloacks.

[ Friday, December 31, 2004 12:10: Message edited by: Bestrafer_fin ]

--------------------
Visit the www.monkkonen.net and if you like, be the member of the forums.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #42
You can *try* to kill Emery, but upon doing so, you die instantly. And honestly, you sorta do chase after Spiegelbrecher to kill him whenever you have the chance. He just killed you first was all. :P

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3241
Profile #43
It was fun when my party talked to that fortress leader as he tried to express his ideas but he allways made some mistake so my party talked him down...I played that same situation through many times as it was so fun to watch!

And I would have wanted a battle with that flamesoldier, no trap, or change to survive trap, then, change to go on and escape the lands of the dead... As if you die, how can you play any more scens? I dont wanna lose my party!

Ok... I take it so there is NO and that means absolutely NO other ending?
If not, then you have to make another scen in which you escape the lands of the dead...
I wanted to be on side of the bugbears, especially after I saw that cute little road...
I didnt want to fight them.
I am gonna try killing all who are on my "side" in the scen, kill all in the first fortress, attack and kill everybody I can, flee to sud canopy and destroy Emery. But it seems to be impossible.

[ Saturday, January 01, 2005 05:07: Message edited by: Bestrafer_fin ]

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #44
"I wanted to be on side of the bugbears, especially after I saw that cute little road... I didnt want to fight them."
Wow. :P

You can attack the settlements or Emery if you want- but you die instantly. (Well, that's not true- You can attack Kedalvasser, but you die the moment you leave town.) Boy, I keep my players in line. ;)

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3241
Profile #45
You die instantly if you do that, you die instantly if you do this, what can you do without dieing instantly? Is there any possibility to do anything which results in something other than dieing instantly? :mad:

"did not mean that ;) "

[ Sunday, January 02, 2005 04:40: Message edited by: Bestrafer_fin ]

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #46
Sorry; you have to follow Canopy's plot the way it's meant to be followed. But a little bird told me TM's next scenario just might involve a branching plot.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #47
^ you could use the leave-scenario-tool :P

edit: I referred to Bestrafer fin.

[ Sunday, January 02, 2005 06:08: Message edited by: spy.there ]

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3605
Profile Homepage #48
Call me a simpleton, but i dont quite get the philosophy.

Is it a simple freedom of choice thing, or are there deeper threads?

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #49
Don't get me wrong- there's a good deal of that stuff in there, but the greater is defined by who says what they're saying at any individual juncture.

--------------------

Pages