Just say no

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Just say no
Warrior
Member # 6002
Profile #0
Do not play ye Richard White game. Nor can you kill teh Richard White game. Avoid it like ye Opium, all it can bring it pain!!
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #1
I hope your "Just Say No" campaign is as successful as the one the U.S. Health Department is doing. :P
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
Well, it's equally coherent.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #3
As Grand Viceroy of Knighthood-for-life of the Society for Preservation of Richard White and Acting Supreme Potentate and Incalculable Vicar, I must protest this unwarranted accusation, and I would encourage some hapless forum wanderer to register a game of Richard White's making to trace the location of the money, perhaps through GPS and a tiny microchip, and prolong the effects of profoundly run-on sentences, thereasmuch increasing the membership of said society.

[ Monday, June 27, 2005 12:10: Message edited by: Drakefyre ]

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #4
IMAGE(http://www.spidweb.com/images/GalacticCore/chromite.jpg)

Is us.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #5
stfu n00bs

™ for RWG mod

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #6
No.

Company policy.

--------------------
-ben4808
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
You're breaking the CoC yet again, TM, and you're spamming. Stop.

—Alorael, who is not amused and hasn't been for a while. At least this time it's in a mostly useless and unentertaining topic.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #8
But the more topics in RW forumz the better RW will feel about his games. Therefore there may be a greater chance of a Galactic Core 2 being made.

--------------------
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #9
RW? Read forumz?

--------------------
-ben4808
Warrior
Member # 6002
Profile #10
The entire RWG is (probably): a whole bunch of guys who are jokers and n00bzerz and hate the three games with a dim passion, 25% of which have actually played the games, and like 1 guy who seriously cares for and likes the RWG series.

I am so totally in the first category.
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #11
quote:
Originally written by Verelor:

1 guy who seriously cares for and likes the RWG series.
Ahem! <Icshi draws himself up> That should be "1 guy who seriously cares for and likes Galactic Core"! I do have a smidgin of discernment, you know! I draw a rigid dividing line between "Mild Mediocrity" and "Severe Mediocrity." :P

But as for the rest of it... quite right. Though you might want to add "and another guy who just recently said he likes GC but may or may not be pulling everybody's chain, who may or may not be jerking Icshi around like a hippopotamus on a leash, toying with his hope of comradie, just to be unpleasant and fill the air around him with derisive hoots of laughter."

Carry on.

[ Tuesday, June 28, 2005 16:32: Message edited by: Icshi ]
Warrior
Member # 6002
Profile #12
Quite a way with words you have
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #13
Thanks! Kind of you to say so.

Though I'm still not fully comfortable with the use of the word "hippopotamus" in that sentence... Oh well...

[ Tuesday, June 28, 2005 16:48: Message edited by: Icshi ]
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #14
Just remember the adjacent leg squared + the opposite leg squared = the hippopotamus squared.

--------------------
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #15
"About binomial theorem I'm teeming with a lot o' news—
With many cheerful facts about the square of the..."
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #16
"Potamus? Potamus? Ah..!"

—Alorael, who needs more daughters to help him with this sort of thing. No, he means linguistics, not extending references needlessly.
Warrior
Member # 6002
Profile #17
Well seeing as to how well my company policy is being enforced, I've got yet another intiguing question: Who the hell is Richard White?!

Maybe it was Jeff Vogel all along. I'm sure drugs had something to do with it.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #18
You choose the path of ignorance when the way of enlightenment awaits you.

—Alorael, who is positive that no drugs are powerful enough to create GC. That is a purely natural work.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #19
No Richard White is all powerful beyond mere insignificant JV. Repent Heathen!

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 6002
Profile #20
I shall enver join your cult and worship your false idol. Richard White is either:

Jeff Vogel

Once a mediocre game designer who receded into the life of a humble monk

or

No longer with us (DEAD)
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #21
quote:
—Alorael, who is positive that no drugs are powerful enough to create GC. That is a purely natural work.
The probability of GC occurring in nature, IMO, is pretty slim. I would however put the probability of a roomful of monkeys banging away on a wordprocessor randomly and managing to come up with GC much higher than the same roomful of monkeys coming up with Hamlet. Heck, I'm pretty sure GC would've come up within the first few weeks of the Hamlet project anyway. :)

[ Friday, July 08, 2005 11:51: Message edited by: Drew ]
Lack of Vision
Member # 2717
Profile #22
Yes, all evidence points to Richard White having left us Lost Souls, and is Ocean Board for the great Galactic Core in the sky. Further, evidence points to his death being caused by Linda pushing him off the Space Needle so Jeff can collect the full amount of his registrations. I can imagine that Jeff would appreciate the irony of having the one designer of a Spiderweb space game being pushed off the Space Needle. So, obviously it must be true, otherwise why would Jeff's other site be called Irony Central?

If you don't believe me, ask Ischi. He knows the truth, and the truth does not lie. That's true by definition.

Z

--------------------
Pan Lever: Seventeen apple roving mirror moiety. Of turned quorum jaggedly the. Blue?
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #23
quote:
Originally written by Zorro:

If you don't believe me, ask Ischi. He knows the truth, and the truth does not lie. That's true by definition.
Yes, but in this case, the truth is ever-changing. One day, the firmly established fact is that his soul ascended to a higher plane and is now scouting the universe to prepare the way for Galactic Core 3, while the next day it turns out he suffered the rather humdrum, ignominious fate of having been pushed off the Space Needle for the gain of a paltry sum of cash.

It's my theory that Richard White retroactively did something to his personal timeline to make his life and demise a vague, shadowy, incessantly mutable thing. There's probably a fluctuating pattern determining which fate he's suffered on which day.

I think at this point, the goal of the Mystic White Cult should be to study and disentangle this pattern so that we can predict how he will have died tomorrow, next week, and the month after that. What greater mystery can there be? How better to pay homage to our mentor?

This either proves that he's some sort of god—exactly what kind of god, I'm not too sure yet as that seems to be always changing too—or that he did this just to keep us amused, as a sort of apologetic recompense for the overall quality of his games. After all, if he couldn't sufficiently entertain us while he was living, why not do your best to make up for it afterwards?

[ Saturday, July 09, 2005 10:54: Message edited by: Icshi ]
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #24
The manner in which my glass of water spilled combined with the current color of something I saw the fridge allowed me to determine that, as of 46.89 minutes from now, the Great White's cause of death will have been slipping on somewhat frozen block of cheddar cheese smeared with refried beans and falling down a well.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.

Pages