Just say no

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Just say no
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #125
...which must not be confused with |ing, a practice inferior in every way. The colossal failure that was the spike|marmots was regrettable, but ultimately paved the way for our current weapons of choice. We salute their brave souls, however - their sacrifice shall not be in vain!
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #126
Actually the R&D wing went through many wild combinations of small mammals, punctuation, and household objects. Initially high hopes for the case@bat were bitterly disappointed, but out of that setback came the crucial decision to focus on pointy objects. The stick^rabbit proved to be well-motivated but under-armed.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #127
We're currently working on a poisondart!mongoose prototype:

IMAGE(http://www.lioncrusher.com/images/mongoose-eyes.jpg)

The exact pointy object and punctuation combo has yet to be determined.

Note: Do not refer to them plurally as "mongeese." Doing so whips mongooses into an incredible frenzy of indignation, which may result in lost digits.

[ Wednesday, July 27, 2005 08:02: Message edited by: Drew ]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #128
We already have our heavy forces in place. The <lead pipe~dik-dik> is a truly fearsome beast-monster-critter. Lest they be accused of lack of subtlety and unnecessary expense (you'd be surprised at how much those angles enclosing them cost!), the snorkel?naked mole-rat is due to start rolling out of the assembly vat any day now.

—Alorael, who personally thinks ordinary naked mole-rats are quite bad enough. Combining them with snorkels may not make them more dangerous, technically speaking, but the effect is well worth the effort. Lovecraft would salute them if he weren't languishing unhappily in a universe far removed from this one.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #129
Of course, we're not meant to talk about the Very Heavy At The Top Forces, such as the [<<rocket-propelled grenade*tuatara>>]. But rest assured that if you know anything, a squad of them has already been despatched.

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #130
With all of these competing forces, it seems like some sort of tournament to determine which is the best is necessary. I suggest Korfball.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #131
Or we just set up brackets and host a tournament for Ultimate RWG Weapon. Who wants to set it up?
Warrior
Member # 6002
Profile #132
Apparently death touches you not. Back to the past!
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #133
Telling him to go back to the past? Ah, the irony.

I'm afraid, Verelor, that the subtle sorceries of White magic have the last laugh on you. When you sought to eliminate so many loyal members of the order, you were simply banished to the far future.

You are only present here now as a sort of portent. Sorry!

--------------------
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #134
Does this mean we've learned how to remember the future?

[ Friday, July 29, 2005 05:00: Message edited by: Drew ]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #135
No. We've remembered how to remember the future, if I remember correctly.

—Alorael, who is having a little trouble recalling the details of yesterday now, although tomorrow is, unfortunately, crystal clear. It wasn't/won't be a very good day.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #136
I'm having trouble remembering whether it was Philip K. Dick or Kurt Vonnegut who was worried about his inability to remember the future. Or was it somebody else entirely?
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #137
Hmm, I thought it was me, but perhaps I don't remember the past so well, either. I plan (as opposed to remember) in the future to refer to the problem of remembering the future, so if some distinguished writer used the line first, I should start citing them.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 6002
Profile #138
...But then again why attempt it when the 45 MT Russian Nuclear Warhead/Moth is all yiou've ever needed.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be going back to smiting the infidels, Whitists withstanding, in the present time no less.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #139
Or, in the original Russian, the Moth Irfucha.

[ Monday, August 01, 2005 17:51: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------

Pages