In this thread, I take off my pants

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: In this thread, I take off my pants
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 147
Profile #25
It's interesting to note that the last state didn't rtify the law outlawing slavery until 1995. Some legislators must have had real trouble accepting that their grandfathers lost the Civil War.

David, identical twins don't always have the same views. Often, their identical only in physical appearance and not a great deal else.

What relevance does the fact that you're American have? Being American doesn't give you the right to insult Canadians anymore than the Finns here have a right to hate Russians or those of us who are British have a right to hate Americans. What did you mean? I'm not accusing you of racism, but it's a lazy assertion to make.

I think it will see Bush re-elected. Not due to his actions, but because by and large, the democratic candidates look to me like a bunch of spineless fools who are to all intents and purposes republican. They won't oppose anything Bush does because they don't want to be seen as unpatriotic.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #26
AHHHH I'm afraid I have to agree with Alec: LEARN HOW TO READ. Actually, that's partially directed at Alec... I wasn't talking about just this topic, I was talking about in general. I also wasn't talking about you, I was tlaking about Spiderwebbers in general.

TM, it's a fact that most people here think that anyone who disagrees with them is an idiot, you included. Don't give us all that crap, we know what you think. And you just proved my point: Maybe liberals are ignorant, maybe conservatives are? WTH? It's not like all ignorant people go to one party and the smart(er) people go to another. At all. But you automatically group them together. No, liberals are not ignorant. No, conservatives are not ignorant.

Rantallion, I only said I was American because Tendai said "Sorry, didn't mean to make it sound like I assumed you were American ^^ Just re-read it and realised that it sounded like that, my apologies." I was just letting him know.

You prove my point to, BTW. "I think it will see Bush re-elected. Not due to his actions, but because by and large, the democratic candidates look to me like a bunch of spineless fools who are to all intents and purposes republican. They won't oppose anything Bush does because they don't want to be seen as unpatriotic." WTH? You're using "republican" as an insult.

And about identical twins, I didn't mean all of them have identical views as well, I'm just saying it's possible since they have the same DNA, unlike everyone else.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Warrior
Member # 341
Profile #27
quote:
Originally posted by iDavid:
Maybe liberals are ignorant, maybe conservatives are? WTH? It's not like all ignorant people go to one party and the smart(er) people go to another. At all. But you automatically group them together. No, liberals are not ignorant. No, conservatives are not ignorant.

Cant' argue with that, becuase its simply far to convoluted to process. Never mind telling people to learn how to read - learn how write.

And about identical twins, I didn't mean all of them have identical views as well, I'm just saying it's possible since they have the same DNA, unlike everyone else.
This, coupled with the previous quote, shows that whilst your economy is being repeatedly kicked in the head, you at least have your education system.

--------------------
"This stolen joke proves I have a sense of humour!"
"This tired old proverb proves I am profound"
"This hyperlink to someone who doesn't know me proves I am popular!"

Nothing like a bandwagon.

Except maybe irony.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1814
Profile #28
In my life it seems that Republicans don't even try to fix the economy while Democrats end up wasting money on govt. programs. WHICH DON'T WORK IN UPSTATE NY. I mean, not only does unemployment not pay for a cheap apartment but you can't get it. Same with welfare. The leading employers are dollar stores and Wal-Mart too. McDonalds hires sometimes.

--------------------
The great light bulb converses its thoughts in a fashion most particular to its complicated nature.
Infiltrator
Member # 2669
Profile Homepage #29
You know, I've always thought that people who vote Republican and aren't industrialists do it either out of tradition, spite, lack of information, religious reasons, regional bias, or are gung-ho NRA members. Either that or they subscribe to Ayn Rand's theories about how good unrestrained industry is for us all. That seems to get them enough votes, though.
The Democrats are no saints, don't get me wrong, but they seem more inclined to use gov't dollars to get things moving for the poorer classes than their laissez-faire Republican counterparts. They're more interested in backing failing industries only to act surprised when the next Enron drops.

--------------------
Posts: 647 | Registered: Wednesday, February 19 2003 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #30
I've always thought that the Republicans get votes from the poor from a combination of good PR and the hope that everyone has of being rich someday. Besides, tax cuts sound good if you don't think about them hard or realize that the rich are getting all the breaks.

—Alorael, who also suspects that the percentage of the extremely poor that votes is very small, while the number of midle class and rich voters is high. You don't need to attract the poverty-stricken if they're not an important demographic group in the polls.

[ Sunday, May 18, 2003 11:37: Message edited by: Alorael ]
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 2669
Profile Homepage #31
Arxalant?

--------------------
Posts: 647 | Registered: Wednesday, February 19 2003 08:00
SCORPIUS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!!!
Member # 314
Profile Homepage #32
Okay, so I wasn't the only one hallucinating.

--------------------
CLICK HERE IF YOU LOVE JESUS

ADoS is like a magical punching bag that swings into your fist even when you're not trying to hit it. -Djur
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #33
Board schizophrenia is an ugly thing.

—Alorael, who will now add that he has to think of conservatives as stupid, in a way . If he thought their view was correct, he wouldn't be liberal. Since he is liberal, he sees them as wrong, and therefore ignorant, stupid, and whatever other adjectives you'd like to tack on.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 147
Profile #34
I wasn't using republican as an insult. It's just that I tend to class people who agree with everything George Bush has ever said as Republicans. Hence, John Kerry or whatever his name is is a Republican.

For the record, identical twins won't have exactly identical genes and plenty of things are more dependent on upbringing, but I won't pretend to understand much of that.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #35
Nor will I... I hate Biology...

quote:
Originally posted by Rantallion:
INot due to his actions, but because by and large, the democratic candidates look to me like a bunch of spineless fools who are to all intents and purposes republican. They won't oppose anything Bush does because they don't want to be seen as unpatriotic.
Yeah, I'd say you're using "republican" as an insult.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Shock Trooper
Member # 1506
Profile #36
I think you're reading the sentence wrong, David. The insult is "spineless fools." "Republican" is used as a description of the Democrats because they so often act like Republicans (i.e., do things that adhere to the Republican party's thinking rather than the Democrats' supposed beliefs) it's sickening.

Obviously, I agree with BtI. Democrats = Republicans far more often than they should. I don't think that's an insult at all, just an exposition of stupidity. Of course, if republicanism gets more votes, then I suppose it's not stupid. That's what both parties are mostly after, after all.

*sigh* IT'S HARD TO EXPLAIN, OKAY?

[ Sunday, May 18, 2003 18:00: Message edited by: HawkGirl ]

--------------------
desperance.net -- Come on in, we don't bite. Well, I don't.
Triad Mage Banned Veteran
Member # 165
Profile Homepage #37
It's even harder to explain when the person you are explaining it to has less than a dozen brain cells to rub together.

--------------------
desperance -- je me souviens
arena -- et je me souviens de vous
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #38
That's the reason I gave up trying to reason with Sir David a long time ago. If someone can clarify what he was trying to tell me, I'd probably be amused, but don't expect me to answer anything he says. David, you're not a liberal or a conservative- you're a nutjob, plain and simple. If you want people to have an intellectual debate with you, don't just read the post another person makes, when comprehending it can be vastly more useful.

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #39
Actually, it's kind of hard when I'm arguing with people whose philosophy goes something along the lines of "He disagrees with me, therefore he is a stupid idiot beneath my contempt." And Alec, I'm glad I've gone from 2 to under twelve.

--------------------
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Shock Trooper
Member # 1506
Profile #40
Humph. I'd like to assume that wasn't directed towards me.

--------------------
desperance.net -- Come on in, we don't bite. Well, I don't.
Apprentice
Member # 2897
Profile Homepage #41
how come all the topics that are boring and drag on forever always stay on topic, when the ones that are interesting get off-topic in the blink of an eye?

--------------------
# Two - deceaced
I don't like this website
How can FB like this?!

NaCN, Click Here for the all-out icon war!
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #42
That's a very good question, and a very funny website. And Hawkgirl, it was only partially directed at you. Consider it a glancing blow.

--------------------
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Pages