Getting political

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Getting political
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #125
quote:
You do realize that Bush can't run, right?
And he can't hide, either. :P
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #126
He can hide actually. :P
Yay for signing statements that say you and your administration can't be held accountable for anything.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #127
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

We don't have enough troops left in the homeland for martial law.
We have troops, but they aren't in a state of preparedness for another war being tired and lacking most equipment. At least we have the nuclear option to bomb those anti-Bush strongholds in the US.
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #128
We have troops in Iraq, but we also have troops in places like Yugoslavia and South Korea. Why do we need them there, let alone anywhere?

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #129
quote:
Originally written by Excalibur:

We have troops in Iraq, but we also have troops in places like Yugoslavia and South Korea. Why do we need them there, let alone anywhere?
Have you looked on a map lately? It's been like 5 years since Yugoslavia existed. :P

Our troops are necessary in the former Yugoslavia if we are serious about supporting Kosovo's independence.

Secondly, North Korea would be a very real threat to its southern neighbor if we pulled out. That was one of our few wars to stop the spread of Communism that we actually won. We can't let it bite us in the butt 50 years later.

--------------------
"Dumbledore returns from the dead and declares it to be hammertime, Harry proceeds to break it down, Voldemort is unable to touch this." —Dintiradan
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #130
quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus:

Have you looked on a map lately? It's been like 5 years since Yugoslavia existed. :P
Only five? I could have sworn it broke up before 2001...

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #131
It broke up during the Clinton years, but the official recognition took awhile.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #132
The old Communist state of Yugoslavia broke up into the republics of Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Macededonia, Slovenia, and Yugoslavia in 1991-1992. Yugoslavia became a loose confederation called the Union of Serbia & Montenegro in 2003. In 2006, Montenegro declared independence, and Serbia and Montengro became two separate countries.

2008 - 2003 = 5

[ Monday, February 18, 2008 17:19: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"Dumbledore returns from the dead and declares it to be hammertime, Harry proceeds to break it down, Voldemort is unable to touch this." —Dintiradan
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #133
I see, my atlas has Venda and Transkei shown as independent countries. I suppose I should buy a new one.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #134
Wait awhile your world might change.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #135
quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus:

That was one of our few wars to stop the spread of Communism that we actually won.
It was actually a draw. We were supposed to have liberated the whole thing, but we only got half. And really, we won every other war we started to stop communism except this one and Vietnam. We really do have a decent war record.

--------------------
You lose.
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #136
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

It was actually a draw. We were supposed to have liberated the whole thing, but we only got half. And really, we won every other war we started to stop communism except this one and Vietnam. We really do have a decent war record.
Well, if you go by % of wars won. I prefer to look at % of wars waged that should have been waged, and the US doesn't look quite so rosy there.

Also, the old Yugoslavia just broke up a bit more, with Kosovo declaring independence. I'm calling Bosnia going out on its own next. :P

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.

Pages