The next level in RP, personal thoughts.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The next level in RP, personal thoughts.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #25
Yes, anarchy. Fertile ground for all sorts of possibilities. The Vale is just a located area, surrounded by mountains, where magic comes from. The Anama certainly can't restore peace, but they can certainly provide havens across the land. The Mages are not so much dissident, atleast, not as a whole, but desperate.

Just had a great idea. Somehow, the Anama Church contaminated the Vale, infecting it with the disease that led to it's eventual fall. This would make the Anama distrusted, along with the last hope, and help creat more balance in the RP.

--------------------
Here will be the pet choices: Potatoe Salmon, Pet Rock, or Sabre-toothed Lime?
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #26
Diseased vales aren't original since Jeff already concocted such a scenario. Instead the public should ascertain that the Anama were conducting magical experiments.

[ Sunday, November 18, 2007 18:10: Message edited by: Excalibur ]

--------------------
Jesus is a pacifist.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #27
I like the idea of having it implode. Explosions are used far too often, and dying out is just blah...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #28
Excalibur: You're referring to the first Blades scenario, correct? That wasn't what I was thinking, as infecting magic is much different then infecting people. The Vale is rather small as valleys go, and is completely consumed with a magic "ball", sorrounded by highreaching mountains, which keep the power of the raw magic from expanding. In theory, all an Anamite would have to do to infect it is to throw something, or more likely a lot of somethings, into the Vale, something that naturally repelled magic.

Sully: That's a good idea. Of course, they would have to be permanent, not those one use ones we see in the games. Perhaps the last desperate act of the Archmages to retain power?

So, should this RP be made?

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #29
hate to be the newb, but I assume their would be no hope of restoring the vale (or at least partially).

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #30
That would be part of the RP whether the mages could restore the Vale to keep their power, find the cause, or find a substitute. The Anama would be working to block these aims.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #31
If anyone is interested, we can resurrect Reloaded. After the beginning of December, I've got a good, solid month in which I have little to nothing better to do.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #32
I'd be down with that.

--------------------
TM: "I want BoA to grow. Evolve where the food ladder has rungs to be reached."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #33
The Vale RP: Pretty good, for a broad, sweeping epic. ;) Isn't bad in itself (I'm with Nayld in that I like well-written novellas - if only they didn't take so much time), but it seems that's what we're trying to avoid right now.

Aaand I see that Legends of Divinity has been necro'd. I won't be going to school tomorrow; maybe I'll post a short something then. My term paper proposal due Tuesday can't be that important.

By Alec:
quote:
If anyone is interested, we can resurrect Reloaded. After the beginning of December, I've got a good, solid month in which I have little to nothing better to do.
Sure; starting that thing again after the fall semester sounds great. Question about the timeline, though: Should the action pick up right where it left off? It would be a big barrier for new players to read all the pages and catch up. Personally, I think having the new posts take place a few years after the older events would be best. Open with a "Story So Far" post: the rakshasi have been defeated, the Anama and Dominion have retreated to lick their wounds, the Alliance has fully established itself, the coup in Avernum is successful, etc. For the old players that don't return, their factions are presumed to have fallen apart in the interim. New players can read the overview, get the basic idea, and jump on some unclaimed territory.

--------------------
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
- Mark Twain
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #34
quote:
Count me in.

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - bigger than Jesus?
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #35
quote:
Originally written by Goldenking:

Sully: That's a good idea. Of course, they would have to be permanent, not those one use ones we see in the games. Perhaps the last desperate act of the Archmages to retain power?
Maybe not one time use, but there should definitely be a limit. The power of the stones should dissipate over time, say after about a month or so none of the stones have any magic left in them. This would also help to prevent the RP from lasting too long...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #36
Ooooh, an RP in a world invented by Goldenking? Count me in!!!

How long ago did Reloaded die? I suppose I might get involved if it were revived-- but making empty promises and then promptly losing interest and never actually coming through is kind of my thing. :P

--------------------
"NOW PASS ME MY BOOTS. I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A FACE." -Nikki

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #37
Regarding Avernum Reloaded: I'm tempted to rejoin, but my prior experience in the thread has tarnished my credibility, if for that thread only. Although, after a year of RP'ing, on a different forum, I have improved greatly, and feel that I could rejoin with acceptable quality. Still, I wouln't.

Regarding The Vale: Been doing some thinking. To conform to the timeline ideas that have been proposed, the RP would be in the time before the Fall of the Vale, which I've decided to cut from a year to six months. I'll start making the map.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #38
I would like to get back to controlling Khoth's Disciples at some point; although I'll have to spend some time reading what's already been posted...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #39
I propose that all who wish to resurrect the Reloaded RP (again) spend a chunk of time this Thanksgiving weekend to refresh their memories with the OoC thread and the IC thread, so we can try to get it all back on track.

Someone's going to have to write a refresher post/new intro since we'll be jumping ahead. And I highly advocate a brand new spiffy topic, instead of taking the huge old one.

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #40
By Ephesos:
quote:
spend a chunk of time this Thanksgiving weekend to refresh their memories
Not everyone's from the States...

--------------------
Xykon: Hey, I need new minions. I'm down to my last goblin, and it's only a matter of time before you kick the bucket.
Redcloak: I love you too, sir.
(OotS #148)
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #41
I was thinking about that when I typed it, actually... um... then just 'this weekend'. Regardless of whether or not you happen to celebrate a poultry-centric holiday this Thursday.

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #42
Nalyd doesn't know if his RP'ing is up to par for either the Vale or Reloaded. He doubts that he'll join Reloaded, but the Vale RP is possible. To be honest, LoD was his first.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #43
I am new to RP but I consider trying(I dont have anything to do)so if my vote counts I would go for Vale.I dont have patience to read posts from Reloaded and remember to much stuff and I doubt than any new player has(ofcourse if you want any new players).

--------------------
You must show me respect becouse...never mind why but do respect me!
All hail me, your...something.
Don't contradict me or I'l...GUARDS!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #44
Well, assuming that we start a new thread for the continuation (and we should), I think it would be fair for each player to give a brief reminder about who they are. Other than that, I think both you guys would do fine, as long as you remember not to powergame.

The key is that it's a factional RP, so you don't control just one character. However, most posts still follow a close third-person perspective.

--------------------

Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #45
Ugh. Took a while, but here it is:

This would stretch the page.

So, there it is. The Kingdom, centered around the Vale. Feel free to ask questions.

--------------------
The other white meat.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #46
It seems to me that the continent/island is a bit imbalanced. All the non-grassy regions are to the north. The South just seems kinda plain and boring...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #47
quote:
Originally written by Najosz Thjsza Kjras:

Unfortunately, that counts me out. This time, when I say I'm leaving for half a year, I'm not even kidding. Thesis.

I didn't play a big part though, so that shouldn't affect things too badly.

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #48
Thesis? What, were you fast-tracked through your undergraduate degree or something? Or are things different in Germany?

--------------------
Yes, I am certain our flesh proved far too springy for their arrows' taste.
- Vaarsuvius (OotS #152)
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #49
One of the first things I'm doing when we bring back Reloaded: I've got a map of Ermarian 3/4 finished; all I have to do is add Old Aizo and we're set. (Vantanas, Pralgad, and Valorim - already on it.)

Pages