Original names

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Original names
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #0
I'm just wondering what your original names for this is. This is similar to this, but that is for currant names, this is for original.

So, what was it and why?
(Mine was Infernal Flamming Muffin, Iffy is short for that)

--------------------
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
I like this image
Iffy= Infernal Flamming Muffin. The y is added to make a word.
lol teh stupd text spek is lik ubar dum lol
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
I am one of like four people here who haven't changed their PDN ever.

--------------------
TM: "I want BoA to grow. Evolve where the food ladder has rungs to be reached."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #2
I am also numbered among those whose names are immutable.

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #3
First, it was dintiradan. Then I tried to change it to Dîntiradan. This failed, so I changed it to Dintiradan.

(Undead thread 2.0?)

--------------------
This will be of fine service to you, you bag of scum. I am sure you will not mind that I remove your toenails and leave them on the dessert floor for ants to eat.
- Hong Kong subtitle
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
I'm too lazy to change my PDN from what I started with. Besides it would create confusion now since I don't have a noticeable gimmick like some other people or an easily recognizeable member number.

Now creating a second identity to plague you with has possibilities.

[ Sunday, November 04, 2007 22:08: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #5
One of my greater frustrations about this place is that so many people change their name regularly or unexpectedly, that frequently I have no idea who the hell I'm talking to. I think Alorael, Salmon, and Marlenny are the only ones I can always recognize at a glance despite the mutations.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
I spent about 3 years with Alorael as my PDN with only a several hour break in the middle during which I was Skribbane Addict. I started changing my name exactly once per day (when internet access is possible) when I hit 10,000 posts.

—Alorael, who doesn't mind so much when there's a custom title or other identifying marker to help him keep people straight. Even a useful signature helps. Sometimes he's just in the dark, though. He's getting old.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #7
The funny thing is, I can almost always recognize Alorael even in the "Last Post" column on the main boards page. His PDNs change, but his style is consistent.

Which is probably just to say that he is the only person with enough PDNs to have a PDN style. Though TM was getting there.

Of course, it could just be that any unfamiliar name is more likely to be Alorael than anyone else.

[ Sunday, November 04, 2007 23:00: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #8
I was briefly ArchMAO Alex, and briefly A Hexagram Cel. Other than that, I have remained Archmage Alex.

[ Sunday, November 04, 2007 22:58: Message edited by: Archmage Alex ]

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6666
Profile #9
I think my first PDN was Numbergrabber, which was basically just a placeholder while I tried to think of something more clever to put in. I never made a single post under that name. My first posting PDN was "Proud Owner of:", and that one stuck for a little while. Mainly changed it because it's not really a name. I completely agree with Synergy on the annoyance of constantly changing names. And to make it worse, some people think it's funny to change their entire profile while they're at it, making recognition even harder.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #10
My endlessly-changing displayed name is homage to a certain forgotten member from the lower regions of russia. Seriously.

--------------------
"I must admit, killing mortals is much easier then killing demons. If you remove a demon's head, all you end up with is something that tries to bite your ankles." -Valen
Noob: lol 1337 lol woot
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #11
Call me paranoid, but I feel like if I change my name, something will go wrong or someone will steal it and I'll have to put a period at the end of it or something like that. I'm pretty sure this exact scenario has happened to a couple people here before.

I did change it once though, on Holloween, to Tullegolar Maximus.

--------------------
You lose.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #12
My PDN has always been Frozen Feet. Actually, since I joined these boards I've used Frozen Feet as my nickname everywhere and haven't touched accounts with other names. There are few variations stemming from necessity, but this user name is basically a second name of mine.

--------------------
Life is a neverending carneval where everyone has multiple costumes. I just hope mine are pleasing to the eye.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #13
I was Arancaytar and remained Arancaytar without any changes for over a year.

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #14
I was SupaNik for, oh, about two years. Then I started changing to various things. Mainly lyricists/singers/song titles/shamelessly attractive movie stars/my own name.

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - pretty, pretty?
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #15
This is the name I started with; however, I have changed it twice. Once during The Masquerade and again during the We Are Tim event...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #16
Well, since these boards where the first I ever joined, and since I was pretty new to internet, I for some reason chose a different displayed name than what my (already) usual username was. I don't remember exactly why, but I was scared that someone would recognise me or something stupid like that... When I figured out nobody cared, I changed it to Riibu and kept it so for a long while. (and I had to keep telling people to call me that, not the acronym of the first name. I'm ever so glad people listened to me.) Then I started changing it every now and then, basically when I feel like it. I quess it'll be about time someday soon.

Oh, what was it? I'm not telling you that. Yet. I have plans...

--------------------
Pannaan kaikki hippulat vinkumaan! ^_^

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Warrior
Member # 7254
Profile Homepage #17
My chosen PDN when I first registered, was IIRC some nasty Dragonlance rip-off. I got rid of it something along the lines of 10-20 posts, and changed to something more comfortable, and as it later turned out, memorable.

[ Monday, November 05, 2007 06:07: Message edited by: Belial ]
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #18
I have been (as far as most of you know) and forever will be Andraste.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
La Canaliste
Member # 5563
Profile #19
quote:
Originally written by Synergy:

One of my greater frustrations about this place is that so many people change their name regularly or unexpectedly, that frequently I have no idea who the hell I'm talking to. I think Alorael, Salmon, and Marlenny are the only ones I can always recognize at a glance despite the mutations.

-S-

*snif*

--------------------
But it's the unsquandered youth that is truly wasted.

Deep down, you know you should have voted for Alcritas!
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #20
quote:
Originally written by saunders:

quote:
Originally written by Synergy:

-S-

*snif*

Eh. How do you think we feel? S is for stalker..

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Thralni - "a lot of people are ... too weird to be trusted"
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #21
Mine's the same as it ever was. I just didn't see any point in changing it.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #22
I also find name-changing to be very rude and annoying. (Why do you expect everybody to memorise a new name for you every week?) I have enough trouble remembering one name per person, so remembering several dozens is a bit much to ask.

I changed my name only twice, as part of a total profile change for a joke. One time, pretending to be Schroedinger's doppelganger during Masquerade, and another time being Dystopian Dictator during last moderator elections.

PS Person #7557, what "member from the lower regions of Russia" are you referring to? I remember only one Russian on these boards, and your PDN doesn't sound even remotely like his.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #23
My PDN rarely goes through permutations. I went through a "Just Call Me Kel" phase (because everyone was spelling the damn name "Keladon" or "Kaledon" or something stupid like that. I also (due to a conversation with, er, I forget who) passed a phase of being "Malakos the Freshly-Plowed" (it's a Biblical reference).

But anyway, this was my original name.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #24
My very first pdn for the spiderweb boards was my very unimaginative real name. Then I left for about six months, forgot my password and started a new account as Gizmo. When I recovered my old account I wanted a new name for it and have used some variation of Jewels since.

For the most part, anyway.

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive

Pages