Deathmatch Tournament -- Preliminary Nominations

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Deathmatch Tournament -- Preliminary Nominations
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #50
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

quote:
Originally written by Lenar:

Nioca, you need a life. Really.
Technically, I have one. I hope to have it for a long time. :)

I think he meant an interesting life. You need to change that answer now.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #51
quote:
Originally written by WiKiSpidweb:

Quick question, does anyone picture Ed as Ed from Cowboy Bebop?
I personally just picture him as a big old ball of annoying.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #52
Nomination:

Goldenking (myself): Has appeared in Dikiscript. Uses Golden Gun and various food projectiles to attack. Also, eccentric behaviour.

--------------------
All praise the greatest mod of all time! Long live Master Aran!
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #53
quote:
Originally written by Some Slimy Idiot:

quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

quote:
Originally written by Lenar:

Nioca, you need a life. Really.
Technically, I have one. I hope to have it for a long time. :)

I think he meant an interesting life. You need to change that answer now.

...you know, just because I don't feel the need to spill every detail of my life doesn't mean it isn't interesting. IMAGE(http://forum.nethergate.net/style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif)

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #54
I don't have an account at Shadow Vale. I just browse the topics sometimes. Keeps me from being tempted to post. ;)

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #55
quote:
Originally written by Jewels:

I don't have an account at Shadow Vale. I just browse the topics sometimes. Keeps me from being tempted to post. ;)
Ah, but you don't even need an account to post on SV. :P

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #56
No, but if you post without an account Tyran will look up your IP and harrass you about it.

*shakes head*

Fora these days...

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #57
Originally by Nioca:

quote:
you know, just because I don't feel the need to spill every detail of my life doesn't mean it isn't interesting. IMAGE(http://forum.nethergate.net/style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif)
But we have no evidence to the contrary...

---

How do the nominations look now, Slarty?

Dikiyoba.
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #58
Meh, throw me into the ring. My special ability is, of course, lulling people into a false sense of security and then attacking them with Indian sex manuals.

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #59
Update:
The list below contains everyone currently nominated (or with a reserved spot). The list is broken up by general category of powers.

I've taken myself out, since if it isn't going to be entirely democratic, I don't think I can stay in. That actually works better for the numbers anyway. I've also removed Ed, as I don't think including him would be constructive, and Shotts, simply due to datedness. (So no Rosycat either!)

Right now there are 54 total members listed. I either want to go up to 64 or down to 48, and frankly I think it might make sense to go down. So at this point I'm soliciting

#1 more nominations (but they better be good ones)
#2 more powers for anyone listed here
#3 suggestions of who it would make sense to cut

Anyway, here's the list.

LEADERS
Drakefyre — Wave blade, Arcane Blow, Divine Warrior, banning, Encyclopedia Ermariana, Vahnatai Creationism, extremely young, ominously unreleased scenario (admin)Stareye — Boot, antimatter machine, banning, physics, scenarios (admin)Dintiradan — Alchemy, Legions of Terror, cloning machine, Deth Ray, summoning machine, helmetEmperor Tullegolar — Slith spear, leadership, flags, big feather, enslaved creationsPRIESTS
Ephesos — Alchemy, Repel Spirit, Divine Retribution, clover boots, crickets, druidism (mod)Nioca — Smite, quick action gives a second postMAGES
Randomizer — Spray Acid (mod)Zephyr Tempest — Demon summoning, Ice Lances, various ice spellsZeviz — Bolt of Fire, scrying pool, nukesMELEE FIGHTERS
Alec — Scimitar, insultsAndraste — Double-wielded clubs, sexy red dressInfernal — Demonslayer, insultsMagmaDragoon — Guardian, Guardian Claymore, newbly enthusiasmNicothodes — Dual-wielded pens, mechanical pencil, cookies, her conlang, Sherbiebaby, fatally cuteDareva — Paladin, she works hard for the moneyExcalibur — ExcaliburNiemand — Jade Halberd, great scripting abilityRANGED FIGHTERS
Alorael — Sniper rifle, skribbane, RW, Angband, name-changing (mod)Salmon — Fishing pole, spam, resident sex symbolLord Grimm — Reaperdisks, scytheSynergy — Submission baton, madness gems, new age buzzwords (mod)Tyranicus — Javelins, woad, chats, Shadow Vale, more woad, tendency to die repeatedly (mod)ROGUE TYPES
Goldenking — Skribbane, pizza shield, canisters, Aura of Flames, gold, megalomaniaThe Lurker — lurking, HomelandRiibu — Invisibility, mapsThe Silent Assassin — silence, daggerNikki — mechanical pencil, poisonTerror's Martyr — insults, traps, philosophizing evil bosses, RakshasiSUMMONER / BEASTMASTER TYPES
Archmage Alex — stick figuresIcshi — ferrets, navy seals, retroactivity, RWStudent of Trinity — trinity summoning, rocks, sharp one-liners, physicsADOS — Inspector Peanut, Inspector Walnut, drawing, big noseSaunders — Fluffy turtles, devoted canalista warriors, motherly love (mod)Nemesis — DainslaifsSmoo — rats, more ratsINHUMANS
Dikiyoba — some kind of fyora, alchemy, netiquitte, writing, the third personDelicious Vlish — Vlish, Tentacles, Terror, Daze, violet rays, Feisty Tentacle Slap of Pain, kilts, tastiness (mod)Kyrek — minotaur, persuasive argumentNalyd — undead, persistence, complainingMuffin — muffin, demon muffinsMISCELLANEOUS
Ash Lael — SubTerra, Christian Rock, scenariosLazarus — comes back from the deadArancaytar — Stats, Ermarian Networks, Magic Flute, bacon, various conspiracies, Cthulu, Cult of Dikiyoba (mod)Marlenny — censuses, resident sex symbolSchrodinger — walkthroughs, physics (mod)Thralni — flight, Chicken Gods, NephilimImban — everyone is Imban (mod)Thuryl — puns, Sailor and Reverend Moon, biologyLone Flame — "Dancing Pseudo Kirby" (?)Jewels — Beer, turning the other cheek, parenthood, walkthroughs, the Periodic TableStew Boy — growlingDrew — witty one-linersFatman — sense of humorWKS — CoC-breaking, undead-topic killing sutras

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #60
Bwahaha! You can never defeat me, not when I have the power of this by my side!
IMAGE(http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p188/Nioca/bouncingbloodbeast.gif)

EDIT: So, basically what I'm saying is that I should have the power of a dancing BoA blood beast, which really doesn't do much but is an excellent distraction.

[ Thursday, April 26, 2007 06:38: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------

Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #61
It makes sense to cut Imban. If anyone kills Imban, they kill everyone including themselves and the deathmatch has no winner, on the other side no matter who wins, Imban also wins.

I guess you could cut Stewboy, too. I don't think he'll make it very far with only growling. I just picture him with sad puppy dog eyes when he gets left out. He doesn't seem to be around at the moment, though.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #62
Lazarus certainly seems like an unstoppable force without a Hercules.

--------------------
quote:

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #63
Originally by Nioca:

quote:
Bwahaha! You can never defeat me, not when I have the power of this by my side!
The thing is, I already associate that with Lazarus. You just remind me of excessively purple bandits. :P

Originally by Slartucker:

quote:
#3 suggestions of who it would make sense to cut
My first inclination is to reinstate you and remove anyone who hasn't been active recently (Icshi, MagmaDragoon, Nicothodes, Kyrek, etc.) and see how far it gets us. Perhaps later we can have a much smaller deathmatch for retired members.

Stew Boy-- SubTerra
Zephyr Tempest-- RP god-modding
Nikki-- unrequited love, whining

And Dikiyoba should also get the Cult of Dikiyoba.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #64
Reread my post. It contains more information since I edited it.

I know for a fact that I could win with that power alone against Andraste. She just can't get enough of this little guy: IMAGE(http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p188/Nioca/bouncingbloodbeast.gif)

--------------------

Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #65
Icshi and Nicothodes were both included on grounds of potential hillarity. Nico hasn't been away that long, either. It's probably reasonable to cut Icshi along with Imban on the grounds that they could both potentially destroy the reality of the tournament. That leaves four cuts. Let's see...

Magma and Kyrek probably make sense. Dareva, dear though she may be to me, has barely been around in a year. The last cut could go to Lone Flame, Stew Boy, or Drew. Let's hear some arguments! I'm gonna keep myself out -- though it would be fun to participate, I really do think it would be odd to write my own deathmatches.

As for Lazarus, I believe his ability was given some kind of limit in the scripts, and there are any number of members who could find a way to circumvent it.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #66
Honestly, I think it should be Stew Boy. He just hasn't been around lately and just doesn't have a whole lot going for him.

--------------------

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #67
But there's just something worthwhile in rooting for one of the nicer and more timid Spiderwebbers to win a massive deathmatch competition. :P

Dikiyoba.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #68
Besides, I'm afraid that newbie Nioca can't possibly know enough about more long term members to make a judgement like that. Stewie has been a productive and sometimes vocal member of this community, and just because his schtick is not spamming I believe he should be retained in the deathmatch championship.

--------------------
quote:

Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #69
About admin powers, I assume you are using Episode 3 version of banning that requires physical access to admin CP, because the Episode 1 version would let Drakey and Stareye win all fights by default.

Additional powers:
Alorael - conspiracies (he has been a member of every Spidweb conspiracy)
Nikki - poetry

And this is the first time I've had "nukes" listed as my power. If you want to have more fun with my character, please use EVOL instead. (That dystopian dictator campaign is a bit dated, but it's still amusing and has potential for some humorous scenes.)

PS Stewboy does have potential for amusingly unexpected upsets, like his defeat of the rat boss in Episode 3. And I'd rather see him in here than some random guy whose main weapon is spam. Additional power:
Stewboy - unexpected upsets.

[ Thursday, April 26, 2007 09:01: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #70
I can't help it! It's so cute!

IMAGE(http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p188/Nioca/bouncingbloodbeast.gif)

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #71
As far as admin powers and such go -- I will outline the ground rules for the fighting ring when the tournament begins. Although the reality conditions of Dikiyoba's scripts will mostly be followed, fights need to be reasonable, so bans and such will be outlawed. My basic rule is that "broken" abilities are fine as long as a reasonable number of other abilities can overcome them somehow. So by analogy, if this were an FF6 deathmatch, Setzer could use the Fixed Dice + Offering combo if others could achieve 128% M. Block or cast Life 3, etc. (Talk about a game with an overflow of broken abilities...)

--------------------
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #72
So, in the interest of getting more screen time, I could expand my abilities somewhat. Or just make up an explanation, or something.

Most prominently, Being Finnish, which gives me the abilities of: Scary Unknown Words and Chaos Attack. SUW is basically like Terror; it might work, but it might as well not. For example: sanoinpa mitä tahansa, jonkun mielestä se on varmasti hyvin omituista ja sekavaa, sekä epäilyttävää. Best run away.

Although CA can be very dangerous in the use of an experienced person, I'm hesitant to use it since it doesn't always work for me. And it's not very strong if it does. For example, I point my hands in a threatening fashion towards whoever and shout "Chaos Attack!", expecting some netherwordly force to rip apart my opponent, but then nothing happens. So, I slump, try not to cry, pout and declare that I don't want to fight anymore because you're all unfair, wrong and stupid.

Or, my opponent disappears in a cloud of green, vile smoke, while I grin victoriously. Or they just sort of.. stumble and recover. Obviously someone with very logical abilities (like archiving) could very easily defend themselves against a working Chaos Attack, since it relies on distortion, and someone with powerful structural abilities wouldn't be affected. Not that I'm hinting or anything. :P

Let's see, anything else...?
Well, there's Craftiness, but how would that be as a skill, I'm not sure. Perhaps, being able to quickly assemble something pretty/dangerous/odd/useless from left over thingamajigs that happen to be conveniently lying close by.

As per KoL, Noodles. Because I identify myself as a Pastamancer. :\ And hot, wet noodles thrown onto your face must be pretty darn uncomfortable. And.. Slowing, and.. Confusing.

Yes, that's it. So, do I get in or what? :)

[ Thursday, April 26, 2007 10:35: Message edited by: Princess Prettyface ]

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #73
quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

Alorael - conspiracies (he has been a member of every Spidweb conspiracy)

Shh!

TM and Alec are both noted survivors of bans, although TM finally got nailed with a permanent one, and Schro is no mere mod. He's the stealth admin!

—Alorael, who nominates Alcritas. You'll vote for him if you know what's good for you.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #74
Alcritis has a surprise attack.

--------------------
quote:

Pages