What a long strange trip...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What a long strange trip...
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #25
My life is an open book, and all the pages are blank.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #26
You just say that to hide the malpractice that has forced you to become a journalist instead of a medical researcher. :P

[ Tuesday, March 27, 2007 07:32: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #27
To be fair, the towering beast of toxic slime that he grew from a few amino acids didn't even do much damage. The problem was that it sued him.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #28
quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

Forgive the gushing. I'm just a romantic young man in love. :)
Awww, Ash is in love. I'm glad she makes you happy. She sounds like a pretty lucky lady.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #29
As my story is only fourteen months old, it is nowhere near as impressive as some of the others here... We'll see...

I joined two weeks into the year of 2006, intent in learning about BoA, as well as gleaning information for a piece of fanfic.
Since then...

I rediscovered the art form known as the webcomic (actually finding a comic worthy of my attention), forever altering my life and habits.
I performed in a stage production of Arsenic and Old Lace.
I officially changed my major to Film and radio production.
I became addicted to Nightwish.
I went on vacation with my girlfriend's family.
I recreated an old story concept into something that I feel may make an interesting miniseries.
I learned how to lay sign vinyl.
I bought a computer.
I bought a rusted-out Thunderbird and repaired it to the point where it passed inspection with flying colors.
I got a position at the school radio station.
I fell in love all over again. With the same woman, of course.
The Silent Assassin is now taller than me. Jerk.
I tried to put out a BoA scenario, only to lose two weeks of work that I had counted on.

That's the highlights, guess.

--------------------
The Silent Assassin has...
... set the chem lab on fire!
Hold that thought!

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #30
Man, what's with everyone falling in love? I guess I'm no exception, but I register my indignance nonetheless.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #31
quote:
Originally written by Malakos the Freshly-Plowed:

Man, what's with everyone falling in love? I guess I'm no exception, but I register my indignance nonetheless.
Oh yeah, forgot abotu that: I fell in love twice, with one of the girls I actually went out, but it never became more than that, which is a pity. I like both the girls now, and I honestly don't know what to do with it.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #32
quote:
Originally written by Malakos the Freshly-Plowed:

Sickening, isn't it?

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #33
quote:
Originally written by M.:

Awww, Ash is in love. I'm glad she makes you happy. She sounds like a pretty lucky lady.
Aw, you'll get over it soon. :)

---

I'll have been here for four years in another two months. It's been a weird and eventful time. Enough so that I can't quite describe it. But I joined with a year to go of high school, and I'm now in my third year of college. A B.Sc. is in sight, and I don't know what I'm going to do afterward (or even where)...

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #34
If every one has fallen in love i've fallen in love with spider web software.

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #35
quote:
Originally written by upon mars:

If every one has fallen in love i've fallen in love with spider web software.
Depends on your definition of love... I don't think Spiderweb would like mine... 'specially the whole not being able to stop touching it in appropriately thing. Then wondering why Spiderweb doesn't feel for me the same way I do for it. And almost killing people because I got just the slightest feeling that they were being threatening to Spiderweb software.

God, I hated being in love...

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #36
Almost 2 years. Not much has happened, aside from losing my mind remodelling this house, getting engaged, getting married, and switching from salmon to TUNA! fishing. All fun stuff, really. Oh, and Vogel finally picked me for some beta testing. That was strangely gratifying.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #37
I had thought that a vague, undirected desire for romance was the lowest, saddest you could get.

However, romantic feelings for a software company beat it by far. Thanks, UM, I feel better now.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #38
Oh Spiderweb Software, no one must ever know of our forbidden love... oh wait...

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #39
Well, Spiderweb is one of the few things that Nalyd has something resembling empathy for. Y'know, in a cold, hard, practical way. Of course, he was unable to post for a while because. . . well, Nalyd is pretty sure you all know why. suffice to say, he's the closest he can get to resembling happiness now. Y'know, in a cold, hard, practical way. :cool:

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #40
quote:
Originally written by Dr. Johann Georg Faust:

quote:
Originally written by M.:

Aw, you'll get over it soon. :)

If you're referring to me, I hope not. It's entirely too much fun. :P

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #41
quote:
Originally written by Meta-Undead:

Suffice to say, he's the closest he can get to resembling happiness now. Y'know, in a cold, hard, practical way. :cool:
UM, you can feel better now. Aran, you can feel positively fantastic.

—Alorael, who has fallen deeply in love at first sight at least three times since coming to Spiderweb lo, these many years ago. It's a pity most of the wonderful women he meets are on foot. Some loves are destined to end in tragedy.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #42
Joined the Spiderweb community sometime in 1996, about the time Exile III was released, was ~13 at the time. Bought Blades of Exile when it first came out, started designing immediately, released Spy's Quest. Began beta-testing for Spiderweb starting at Nethergate. Sometime later on joined the Ikonboards and became a mod.

Graduated high school, went to college, released At the Gallows Fall of my freshman year. Designed Spears, released that my sophomore year. Made Emulations released summer prior to junior year. Became an admin somewhere around this time. Got busy with school, beta tested Blades of Avernum, created A Perfect Forest, released early in my senior year. Got even more busy, graduated, had an internship between that and grad school.

Started grad school, Spiderweb becomes less important in my life as the Blades of Exile community dies out. Thought about designing again, but just don't have the time nor motivation to really do it anymore. Now finishing up my second year of grad school, not participating nearly as much anymore. Time goes by so fast...

[ Wednesday, March 28, 2007 12:21: Message edited by: *i ]

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #43
When I sat down to play Exile for the first time, I had no idea what lied ahead...

I discovered Exile I on Fetch in 2000, and had fun with it at first. Eventually started playing E2, E3, and BoE. Exile 3 was the first I registered because I thought it was the best. I beat it a few times, and it wasn't long before I registered Blades (2002). I played many scenarios and I experimented with the editor, and then I finally decided to get involved with the community in 2004 (I was 14 when I first joined.)

I won the Second Rankings Contest, because I played everything before joining. Released my first scenario, Fort Emerald Robbery in August 2004, which a pretty bad scenario with a laughable storyline. Despite this, I shortly became moderator of CSR. Eventually I made The Nephils' Defense which I kept unreleased for a long time until Ash insisted on me releasing it (read the whole story elsewhere - wasn't released until April 2005.)

Also in 2005, I became the administrator of the Lyceum, shortly after EZboard was hacked. I was able to repost almost every CSR score lost in the attack. I also started an epic scenario which I planned to release in early 2006, but it crashed in November 2005. Ran the Third Rankings contest as well.

In 2006, I made a sequel to it, because it was the only idea I had. This is the scenario called The Final Spire, which was released in June 2006. Despite it's poor performance in the 8th Contest, the scenario turned out to be a success for the most part. I ran the 4th Rankings Contest (and took 3rd) as well. In December, I opened Trivia forums at the Lyceum and finally joined AIM.

As for 2007, I'm working on the only BoE scenario in development at the moment. After this scenario, I plan to make a BoE scenario which will be a recap of BoE, and I eventually do plan to do something with BoA. I'm running the 1/10 Contest right now, and the deadline is fast approaching. I do plan to do the Fifth Rankings Contest this year as well, and I hope to have my scenario done by the end of the year. I started played Avernum 4 and Geneforge 4, and hope to register them both at some point. (To think I've been playing A4 on the anniversary of the day Ash was banned...)

Outside of Spiderweb, my life is pretty uneventful. In late 2006, I started watching Star Trek: The Next Generation (love the show, but the TV stations are making it difficult to watch the episodes I want.) However, after I turn 18, I plan to book plane tickets for a four-flight trip where I'll end where I started at the end of the day. I plan to do this in the first half of 2008. I'm also starting my college search at this time.

And here I am today...one download from Fetch changed my life....

EDIT: Well, I was also five posts short my 559th post on SW. My 559th post on the Lyceum was my community bio.

[ Wednesday, March 28, 2007 15:44: Message edited by: BainIhrno ]

--------------------
"Let us see what the new day brings." - Temas, Areni.

Visit my realm!

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #44
quote:
Originally written by *i:

Joined the Spiderweb community sometime in 1996, about the time Exile III was released, was ~13 at the time.
Woah. Eleven years? Dammmn. It's scary. Really. I'm starting to think that there's no escape. Once you join and become active you are stuck for life.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #45
At least until you can't afford the Internet or bus money to the library anymore.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #46
*feels like posting like a spammerlet*

--------------------
Bring back TM or [i]DIE.[/i]

To spread the hype, as well as cause your crush's name to appear on the screen, copy this into your signature.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #47
*doesn't read any posts except the first*

Gotta' be honest. Not much has changed in real life since I joined either. If I think about it, I'll probably make mention of it when I've been here for some time over a year.

You know what I just realized though? Tomorrow is my first half year. Hooray for random landmarks.

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

My website: Nemesis' Refuge
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #48
Oh boy ... I've been involved with spidweb spanning from elementary school to college. Real life has finally caught up with me within the last year or so and spidweb has taken a backseat. I only really get a chance to visit and post when I'm on breaks or during the summer, so I'm not gone completely.

In terms of real-life events, I guess that moving in 2000 to NJ was a big one, as was graduating high school and going to college. Other important things include my maturation as a person and as a writer/thinker, getting braces put on and taken off, a first kiss, in the rain no less, getting a drivers license, picking up ultimate frisbee and track, playing my last (as in final) competitive soccer game last March, finding out what kind of person I am, making newer, closer friends, gotten drunk and scarily drunk for the first time (only time for the latter), you know, the traditional growing-up things.

[ Thursday, March 29, 2007 03:41: Message edited by: Drakefyre ]

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #49
quote:
Originally written by Alo for Admin 2007:

—Alorael, who has fallen deeply in love at first sight at least three times since coming to Spiderweb lo, these many years ago. It's a pity most of the wonderful women he meets are on foot. Some loves are destined to end in tragedy.
I did the love thing once. Only once. Hopefully it'll never happen again(or at least not bad like that one). 'Sides actually caring for someone else is highly over-rated.

--------------------

Pages