Legends of Divinity IC

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Legends of Divinity IC
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #100
Fourty stared at the wolves. Several of the Forsaken grabbed whatever was nearby to defend themselves. But the wolves didn't attack. Instead, the largest one stepped forward and opened its mouth. A stange, echoing voice tumbled out.

We sense you for what you are, though we do not know who you are or what you stand for. But you can help us.

"Help you with what?" Fourty asked. He realized everyone was alternately staring between him and the wolves.

The single voice broke into many. Rest. Vengeance. Freedom. Justice.

"But... but..." Fourty stammered.

The single voice returned. Harath has wronged us. You can save us. Come to the Haunted Forest.

The wolves had turned to leave before Fourty found his voice again. "Can it wait? I've kind of got a full plate as it is."

The largest wolf stopped. We have waited too long already. And we can provide sanctuary in the forest for the Forsaken. With that, the wolves loped off.

Meeka recovered from the shock first and promptly challenged Fourty. "So, Zvalt, what was that all about? Who are you really?"

---

Dikiyoba.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #101
The setting sun was painting the huge domes and towers of the temple with all imaginable hues of red and orange, as a lone man made his way inside. Most pilgrims of the day had already left, with the few remaining worshipping their less admirable gods in the small, dark alcoves and chambers of the building. The man did not care about them, instead firmly striding towards the more noteworthy part of the building: the twenty major altars, devoted to the best known and most powerful of the gods. Most of them, such as the altar of love and the altar of war, were completely covered in all sorts of offerings, ranging from food to jewelry; the priests would be very happy to collect them. Some altars were less popular, having only few sacrifices brought to them, such as the altar of knowledge. And then there was this one altar, made of a large chunk of grey granite, which had gained no offerings at all. It was this altar that the man was interested in. Respectfully, he took his cape and hat off, kneeled, and uttered a small prayer. Sighing deeply, he rose up and carefully placed his offering on the stone

"What kind of a world is this, where no-one pays attention to the only certain thing in life?" he muttered while arranging a bunch of white roses to a blue clay jar. Each rose had a red ribbon tied around the stalk, and each ribbon had a named inscribed on it; names of the people the man had killed.

Once, he had thought that it was the most obvious place in the world; that he would surely get caught by leaving such clues to the guards who were chasing him. But they had never even thought about it. And some part of the man's soul had lost faith that they ever would...

The man's name was Isaac. He had worked for the Assasins' Guild for 17 years now, and during those years he had killed countless of people. He was perhaps the most expensive, and definitely the most skilled, murderer within a hundred-mile radius of Kirkwood. Few people knew it, though. It was part of his job to remain unknown.

Still, Isaac wanted to be found. He wanted someone to stop him, as he had long become unable to do so himself. He left clues and trails, but they still didn't find him. They never paid attention...

"I'm still certain you'll find me, though", he muttered to the altar and smiled. A single tear ran down his dark cheek. He kneeled one last time, picked up his cape and hat, and left. Few late worshippers of the god of love, or someone else as insignificant, came across him as he strode away from the temple. Ignorant fools Isaac thought, hoping that one day, he could again become one himself. His pains weren't eased by the knowledge that his hope was in vain...

---

He? Who? Me? Marras wondered and again scratched his head. He did not hope or expect to understand his strange companion, but her words still gave birth to many, many questions. Somewhere in his mind, Marras decided he would get answers to them, sooner or later, in whatever ways necessary.

Still not looking at Lauraziel, he opened the door and stepped inside...

It was a rather nice place, for still being outside the city walls. Marras had noticed it was called "The Smiling Lighting", or something equally ludicrous. There was a big, decorated bronze chandelier hanging from the ceiling, and a happy fire was burning in a fireplace build to the west wall. The few customers who were immediatly visible looked surprisingly wealthy; supposedly, they were merchants who either didn't (yet) have the money to spend night at the better parts of town, or they simply hadn't been let in, for whatever reason. It's quite late already, maybe the city gates have been closed? he thought as he made his way to the reception counter.

"Lighting will get them, like the door", Lauraziel said with a gleeful smile on her face, and then suddenly burst into tears. "It's sad, they're so pretty... they're all so pretty..." Marras decided to ignore her.

"Uh, how can I serve you?" a middle-aged, raven-haired woman asked from behind the counter. Two years and seven months before harvest, Marras found himself thinking as he dropped a couple dozen, dirty copper coins on the counter. "A room for two, please", he said. The receptionist gave a skeptic look to the coins, and then turned back to Marras.

"I'm sorry, all our private rooms are full", she said. "Maybe a place in the common room...?" It had been hard to notice, but she had given Lauraziel a disgusted look. Marras found himself mildly offended by it. So this is the game you want to play, eh? he wondered.

"That's too bad. Maybe these will help?" he said and stretched his hand. The strings inside twitched and reformed, eventually spitting out four, large and perfectly circular pieces of gleaming yellow metal. Of course, the receptionist just saw a tattered adventurer digging something out of his back-pocket. Her eyes still widened in amazement.

"Um, well, one of our regular customers hasn't shown up today..." the receptionist muttered, still staring at the gold coins, as if their existence was too good to be true. "I suppose I can give his room to you. Of course, if he does show up, you'll have to leave, but..."

"That arrangement is fine. Can you show our room to us?" Marras replied. In the corners of his eye... well, his vision anyway, he could see Lauraziel staring at the fireplace and swinging from side to side in the rhythm of the flames. She was also humming softly.

"Oh, yes. Follow me" the receptionist said after searching a small box for a large, iron key. She then stepped around the counter and walked to a door in the east corner of the lobby. "You can come now", Marras spoke to the dircetion where Lauraziel was standing, in hope she would get the hint. She gave him a confused look, but followed nonetheless as Marras followed the impatient receptionist through the door. Behind it was a small stairwell, leading to the cellar and upper levels of the building. To Marras's relief, they went up instead of down, to the second floor of the inn. The receptionist stopped infront of the fourth door on the left; its keyhole was covered in curious, purple runes. "Is that our room?" Marras asked.

"Yes", she said and smiled. "As you can see, master, we have our ways of ensuring our customers' security."

So, I'm a master now Marras thought sarcastically as the receptionist unlocked the door and handed him the key. "One more thing", he added as the receptionist was leaving. "Can you bring me a bathtub and some hot water? A small meal wouldn't hurt either..."

"Whatever you say, master" the receptionist hastily replied and then hurried back the way they had come. She managed to smile at Lauraziel also, but still gave her lots of room to get past. The sight made Marras chuckle inside.

The room was rather nice, with a neatly decorated dresser and fireplace of its own, not that either were very necessary. The beds were also tidy, with recently washed linen sheets. There was also a pile of pillows and blankets next to the beds. Marras also wondered whether they'd be of any use; he himself had developed a habit of not sleeping, as it didn't really help his new body in any ways. She might be a different case, though, he thought while Lauraziel made her way to the room. I wonder how this'll work out...

--------------------
I have nothing more to do in this world, so I can go & pester the inhabitants of the next one with a pure concscience.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #102
Minoko was stunned. Never had James spoken that harshly to her. In fact, this was the only occasion. "What's your problem," Minoko inquired. "To sum it up," James stated, "it's been less than a year since my last major crisis, so I'm not too happy. To tell you the truth, I really don't have the time to waste talking about my feelings with you. I've got a lot of problems to solve right now and many more after that. As this realm's official high priestess of me, I order you dedicate all of your resources to my every need and want." "An order, huh," Minoko replied, "I do what you need, but on one condition." James thought for a bit and then responded with "Name it." "Um, I don't know," Minoko said, "I haven't had a chance to think it over. Tell ya what, how bout you just owe me one. And I'll eventually call in the favor at a later time."

"Done," James stated confidently, "Now get me a list of all of your assets; best people & what they can do, as well as what financial & logistical resources are available, so that I can properly assess what I have to work with. Next, prepare a well-size War Room with the all of our high level security features. After that, design a very nice-looking, yet practical uniform for the troops. Then compile a library of all of the information you have on the gods and what they do. I would appreciate it the same for all the counties, including various organizations, such as secret societies & cults. I need to know who I can & should pit against who and how. Finally, I would like an explanation for why I'm a love god and not a god of death and mass destruction."

"Most of that has been done already," Minoko said with a smile. "So why am I a love god," James inquired. "I really have no idea. Who knows the workings of the universe," Minoko replied, barely able to control the urge to laugh. She knew why, but she couldn't bring herself to tell him. He would have to figure it out on his own. "Shall we head to the war room," Minoko asked quickly in an attempt to change the subject. "I suppose," James replied, "lead the way."

James and Minoko walked down a long hallway, then down some stairs, and finally down another hallway. Eventually the hallway ended with a wall. Minoko grabbed James, cast a spell, and then walked through the wall. James promptly followed her. On the other side was a large room with a large table in the middle, various charts & posters on the walls, and a wide array of magical and technological equipment.

"As you can see," spoke Minoko, "this war room has all the equipment and resources you could conceivably need. The gray sections anti-magic zones, the red are anti-technology, green zones are anti-everything, and the blue are free zones with no major restrictions. There are numerous wards, traps, and alarms in each area. All areas block teleportation and scrying. Additionally, there is a large cache of food, weapons, random equipment, and even an extensive library, should it be needed. The entire outer walls are over 20ft thick and are an alchemetical composite of cold iron and diamond. When in use, the war room has a staff of over 5000 capable minions, all fully loyal to the cause whatever it may be, in it. Over-all installation capacity, 25000 people."

James looked around for a bit and then asked, "so is there anything that makes this 'war room' fun?" "Fun," Minoko replied, "It's a war room, not a mall... but yeah, there's an entertainment center in the technology zone that has a 700' TV, a state of the art gaming computer, a really nice recliner/couch, and 65 channel surround sound system with a music archive that contains over 2 years of rich, quality music. I'll go get you a laptop with our most up to date records for you to look over as you listen to music." Minoko then retrieved a laptop computer, handed it to James, and left him to his work, as she worked on the rest of her tasks.

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #103
Seoth had completely finished the inner tower of his bone fortress, etched it with runes, and posted undead guards. Now a dome of bone was beginning to grow from the walls, completely covering and insulating the tower. Black runes had already begun worming themselves up it. Even the floor had a nice coating of etched bone.

The god himself was currently briefing and ordering the intelligent undead. He had most of them traveling to various necromancers, most of whom were stunned to know they had a patron deity. They were all given offers of lichdom and extreme power for their services. None had yet refused. Others were wandering into random towns and battlefields, raising undead from the graveyards and leading them back to the dome. A select charismatic few were going into various sects and cults, offering them alliances and magical powers over death and weather.

The undead demons were ransacking nearby towns and libraries, frantically searching for a cure for vampirism. Cassius might not be much troubled by it, but that was because he had contracted his affliction before he attained godship. Seoth, having been bitten after ascending, had contracted the full measure of being a vampire, weaknesses included. The dome completely shielded it's contents from the sun, and the interior was lit by magical means. Seoth had soaked a supply of blood from the ground and filtered it of demonic corruption before the floor was finished.

"So," Seoth was in the middle of his current session of briefing, "Cassius's powers of suffering should have little effect on the undead. He's still a formidable force, mind you, but his main offensive ability is somewhat negated. The vampires are no threat, as they cannot infect bone or decaying flesh. There are still powerful mages among them, however, so we will have to be ready for that. Now, about Zelbith's suggested troop movements. . ."

It would go on in that vein for several hours. Or, it would have, if the vampires hadn't tried to scry the inside of his dome. Seoth stopped in mid sentence. "Excuse me, I have a. . . meeting. Won't be long." Seoth gazed upward. His skeletal face filled the vampires' scrying bowl. "Oh, Hello, Kuberr. Consorting with vampires, are we? Trying to bring down poor old Seoth because he bested you in a deal? Bad form for a god. Barbados, you're moved up in the world, or at least my informants tell me. Head of the vampire clan and you've kicked out Cassius to boot. As you can see, being God of Deceit has it's perks. But enough rambling. Barbados, I know that you have a vampirism cure locked up somewhere. I can't compel you to reveal it, as vampires aren't really true undead. But if you don't come up with some damn good medicine soon, I'll send a tornado over your petty clan. And then I'll flood the town with undead. You have. . . Actually, no, you don't have any time. Tell me now or I'll kill you, now.

Seoth began to twirl his skeletal fingers idly, in preparation for a twister.

[ Sunday, May 06, 2007 15:44: Message edited by: Necromancing Wolfowitz ]

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #104
Barbados moved to face Seoth eye-to-eye. "You pup, you're mad to threaten us. We have the full might of the vampire clans, and we can hire mercenaries at the snap of our fingers!" Kuberr shook his head desperately, but Barbados didn't notice. "We can have your head in a bag by sunrise-"

Kuberr shoved Barbados aside and took his place, speaking to Seoth. "What my senile friend is trying to say is that we were investigating something completely unrelated, and happened to notice your stunning home. And naturally, we can cure your vampirism." He jerked his head to the side, toward Barbados. "Right?", he asked menacingly.

Barbados's voice was heard, although he was not in sight of the tripod. "No, we bloody well do not. Mervingorix is dead, and he's the only one who can lift the curse." Clouds began to draw together over the tower, and the winds whirling around it suddenly intensified. A streak of lightning struck the stone an inch from Barbados's head, and Kuberr shouted. Barbados hastily spoke, "But of course, there is a ritual. I forgot about it for a moment. Quite simple. Easy. All we have to do is ask Antonia to remove the vampirism." He looked into the bowl, and smiled weakly.

"And who", Seoth said, his teeth clacking with every sharp word, "would Antonia be?"

"Oh, just a nice old lady," Barbados said with a false lightness. "Friend of mine, I've known her for years. She... Erm, she's... Well, she's one of the oldest vampires, and theoretically holds the loyalty of about a quarter of the country's vampires."

Seoth tilted his head, and his skull glistened sinisterly. "Antonia? I've never heard of her. I think you're lying."

"No, no!" Barbados tried to laugh cheerfully, but ended up wheezing and coughing unconvincingly. "She's been asleep for a while now. To be honest, I have no idea where. But if you need to have the vampirism removed, she'd be the one to go to."

"How am I supposed to talk to Antonia if no one knows where she is?" Seoth spoke angrily. There were flashes in the clouds around the tower, and booms were heard.

"Oh, no, no, no! I must have misspoke. Antonia's whereabouts are well-known. Just not by me. But Cassius knows!" Barbados sounded eager. "Cassius talked to her about a year ago. I have no idea how he found her, but he did. And I can easily find Cassius for you!"

Kuberr shoved Barbados aside unceremoniously. "How about it, then? We'll find you Cassius, and he'll find you Antonia."

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #105
OOC: Note that this happens before Cassius and his associates take over the town.

---

Do I reveal myself? Fourty wondered, Well, why not?

He shifted form slightly, keeping his body entirely hidden in his robes and hood (since no one would be too impressed by the plainness and flab of a long-time bureaucrat) but letting some of his divinity shine through. Most of the Forsaken cried out in surprise and backed away from him.

"I am Fourty. I ruled this city and surrounding countryside 350 years ago, when Mannik was but a small backwater village. Then Harath and his followers came and condemned me for what I did wrong. But I escaped, to learn from my mistakes. And now I am back, to clean up the mess that Harath has made."

"Blasphemy!" Bucklar hauled himself to his feet with a strength Fourty never would have known was possible. "Heretic! Everything Harath does is just!"

"Harath is punishing everyone I see in front of me for a crime they didn't commit. Talsh, did you participate in the rebellion? Or you, Hava? And what about you, Bucklar? You're a loyal priest of Harath--what did you do to deserve this?"

"We all knew about the rebellion and did nothing. Therefore, we are complicit. Harath was more merciful than I could ever hope to..."

"Harath took everything you had in your lives away. He exiled children too young to do anything. He broke apart sacred vows that were supposed to last a lifetime. And he did it under the guise of mercy. If Cassius, the god of suffering, were here right now, I bet he couldn't think of a better system."

A voice entered Fourty's mind. No, but I can suggest improvements. I suggest you come down to Harath's main temple right away.

But there was no need, for Vizoth prayed to Fourty a moment later. Fourty, I'm in an emergency meeting with the other high priests and priestesses. There's a lot going on. Some of the priests and priestesses sensed what... whatever happened earlier. And there's vampires about, people keep running across drained bodies. The leaders of this town, both religious and political, have to act now if they're going to stay in power. The ordinary people are nervous, the army is anxious and bloodthirsty, and the group of priests who think that Harath left because we were too lax is winning the argument. Someone's going to get blamed, Fourty, and the Forsaken are the easiest to blame. They've been mentioned several times already. And the army has had scouts out looking for them for the past several days, so they know exactly where the camp is.

Fourty was dimmly aware the Bucklar was still arguing against him. No doubt he was making convincing points.

Seriously, Cassius said, You should come over here. Someone turned in your little friend Vizoth's warehouse, complete with secret exit. I'm not going to mention any names... well, actually, it was me. He doesn't know it yet, but any moment now he will. I'd hate to be in his shoes then. Harath may have fairly quick executions, but he isn't so nice when it comes to getting information out of people.

"I don't have time for this!" Fourty yelled. "You." Fourty pointed at Bucklar. "You will not speak until I get back. I have to go rescue one of the best and bravest people I've met in a long while. I will be back shortly. Finish packing up camp while I'm gone--there is a good chance you'll have to run for it when I come back." Fourty glanced at the enraged but silent Bucklar to make sure his spell had worked and then transported himself to the roof of Harath's main temple.

---

Dikiyoba.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #106
Serena walked down the main street of Solaris, knocking any guy who got near her into the nearest hard object. Suddenly, Serena found herself surrounded by butterflies. As she glanced around her, a voice whispered to her, "They're really pretty, aren't they." Serena turned and saw Yumi.

"What sort of dark magic is this," Serena shouted angrily, "do you dare taunt the powerful Captain of the Guard for the Holy Order of James!" "You're not in some holy guard, silly," Yumi retorted in her overly cheerful manor. "True, but I used to be... wait, how do you know that," responded Serena. "It's all over you," replied Yumi, "Anyone could see it. What with how it moves when you just stand there." Serena stared at Yumi with a blank, confused expression. "You're aura silly," Yumi stated, "I really like yours. It's so pretty."

By this point, Serena was reasonable freaked out. "Get back vile creature," Serena shouted as she conjured her energy ball. As Serena did this, Yumi swung her massive sword, cutting off Serena's hand, which promptly dissolved as soon as it hit the ground. Serena looked at her where her hand was, then looked at Yumi, and said, "That was my hand you monster!" "Awww," replied Yumi, "I didn't mean to upset you. I'm sorry." As Yumi said this she did her infamous 'puppy dog eyes,' which even Serena's black heart was no match for.

"I guess it's okay," Serena said, "You're pretty good. I'm impressed." "So we're best friends now," interrupted Yumi. "Wait, we're what now," said Serena in a confused voice. "I haven't have a best friend in a while," Yumi continued, "we're going to have so much fun." "Sure, whatever," Serena said as the reality of the situation finally sank in. She was dealing with someone who clearly had the mentally and innocence of a child, yet had the lethality of a very skilled warrior and yet a certain aura of calming goodness to her.

Serena's only chance at surviving was to play along and try to get away when the first chance presented itself. Yumi smiled and said, "Hi, I'm Yumi, "wanna play with me?" "If I say no, will you go away," Serena replied. "No, silly," Yumi said, "we're best friends now. Just like me and Suki. **(Meanwhile on another plane of existance) Suddenly, without warning, Suki shuddered for no apparent reason. "That's odd," she thought to herself, "Oh well."** We'll go on adventures, share our lunches, fight the dark forces of evil, play ninja, and have slumber parties. It'll be great."

Serena sighed and said, "I don't really get a say in this, do I?" "Sure you do," Yumi replied, "you get to pick the first adventure. I hope you pick something really fun." Serena smiled, since this was the opportunity she was waiting for. "Well, Yumi," Serena said with a smile, "Let's play hide and seek. That's were you count to 1 trillion, while I try to..." "Only 1 trillion," Yumi interrupted, "Suki used to make me count to 100 million trillion and I always found her. You must be even better at hiding that she was."

"Wow... Er, I mean, yeah," Serena said, "I'm great at hid... Um, quick question, what was it that this Suki you speak of did for a living?" "Oh, Suki, she was a shinobi assassin, a master of stealth and such. She was really good at hiding. One time she hid in an obscure, well hidden cave, within an extensive network of caves and tunnels. Took me an entire 5 hours to find her," Yumi replied. "Who knows," Serena thought to herself, "maybe I might actually be better than this Suki person... wait, I've heard that name before... Suki, Suki... Minoko spoke of a Suki... No, it can't be the same Suki. At least I hope it's not..."

Serena's hope quickly faded away as these words played in her head, but she had backed herself into a corner and had no choice but to try her luck. Just maybe she could escape her tormentor, just maybe...

[ Sunday, May 06, 2007 18:40: Message edited by: Gaara of the Funk ]

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #107
The thin frowns and the flinches left her feeling cold, cold, for these were mortals who never stopped to help her children, who drew back in disgust and forced them out into the endless night. Their hearts were made of gold and caged in iron. She wanted to warm them in the fireplace, but they were not her children, and she could do little to help them.

So she shed her rags instead, and stepped into the bath, and let the heated water into her bones, washing away her children's pain and the weariness that weighed them down.

Somewhere, he swam. He was a fey child, they said, born when her husband was away, born of a man made of seaweed and coral. He paid little attention to them, for his heart was the sea and his skin craved the wash of salt water and sand, and he spent all the time he could diving from the cliffs into the clear, limitless depths. And with him swam one who he could not see and could not touch, save in the secret places of his heart, and he knew that he was not alone, and turned somersaults in joy.

And in a bath in a room in an inn, Lauraziel tried to do the same. But the water wanted to fly instead, and she laughed as she helped it with her hands and her hair. The water spun in the air, sparkling with fire and light.

"They're smiling," she told Marras.

And so was she, because he took her children in, and her, and the warmth of that was better than a mountain of blankets and pillows. But they, too, wanted to take her in, so with the large fluffy towels and the sheets off the beds, she burrowed into the mountain and curled up beside the fireplace.

Lauraziel did not sleep, or she was always sleeping. The blankets were a cocoon of comfort she drew around her children while she walked with them in their dreams and their hearts. It was not something she could often give them, this soft mountain of safety and warmth, and so she gladly gave it to them now.

[ Monday, May 07, 2007 16:53: Message edited by: premonition ]
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #108
Coutal and Lotar had gather those who were not fortuneite enough to die in the blast or posioning of the demon blood. Both had stayed far away fromt he ruins of the captial city. Coutal had manage to gather about 300 and lotar about 230. Not many surivied the posion but those who did where not half demon and Geltor's god power forced their loyalty something one has to be a god to resist. Coutal and Lotar's orders where to march to an active mine on the out skirts of Kalazar Empire. Their they would set up base. What worried them was not seizing the mine that be no trouble. What worried them was they were ordered not to seize it.
------------------------------------------------
Geltor killed and stole the powers of the water god for his powers not only because they be useful in a fight but to create a devestateing drought. The river gaurdians would tried to alleivate the drough even without their god but with Geltor weilding his powers thier wouldn't not be much the could be done.

Now Geltor was working on away his army could move quickly and quitely from place to place. His army would be untraind and weak due the process of tansfroming into demons. The still be several times faster and stronger then a human. They also posses what ever skills they had in life. However they be hard to hid and Geltor found a way to do i t. Geltor created a series of fire portals. The could take the form of cooling embers in a campefire or a candle on a desk, fire that lights a light house, or a torch in the mine. Fires that couldn't be put out and only demons could use.
------------------------------------
This would make the 15 village whose well Sentia had poisned soon she would double back and start collecting the surivors. Sentia hiding behind a shack pulls out a blood letting knife, once her blood fills the bucket a quater of the way she casts a minor healing spell in a wisp of fire the wound is healed. She approachs to well under the guise of a villiger and puts the bucker in as if to get water posining the water supply. Soon a good deal of the village would be dead but not all. Once done Sentia heads back to the fisrt village she infected to gather those unfortunate enough to survided.

[ Tuesday, May 08, 2007 01:09: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #109
"That's horrible! All their parents slaughtered by those vile fanatics... how did they ever manage to find their way here alone?" Mrs. Avril gasped, almost choking on her tea.

"There was an older girl leading the other children. She seemed to know the countryside rather well. It is admirable how she remained calm in such horrible situation", Reverend Matthew said, smiling slightly. He had deep, dark shadows under his eyes, caused by too many sleeples nights. And if this continues, I'll never get to fix that, he thought.

"Oh" Mrs. Avril said, managing to calm herself down. "That was a great stroke of luck, now, wasn't it. We clearly need more heroic souls like that in these vile days..."

"Indeed we do", the Reverend muttered grimly.

"Well, is this courageous soul still present?" Mrs. Avril asked, while taking another sip of her tea. "I'd very much like to meet her."

"Well..." Matthew said, casting his eyes downwards. "She is still here, but she isn't doing very well. You see..."

---

Somewhere, in the medical chambers of the cloister, a young girl, just in the brink of reaching womanhood, was sitting on an old wooden chair and staring through a dim, stained window. Against her chest, she held an old ragdoll, a doll that had onced belonged to her little sister. Now it was becoming frayed, and someone had ripped of the shining bronze buttons that had once served as its eyes and nose and mouth.

In the distant eastern horizon, full moon was just climbing to skies of Kalandha. Her green eyes did not see that, though; she looked past the horizon, past the world of now, to the day her home village was razed to the ground. She remembered the cries, the laughter, the sound of steel cleaving through flesh. She remembered the blood, the burned buildings, the crying children.

But most vividly, she remembered the bodies of her sister and mother. She remembered how they had been beaten, violated... and then there was him. Tears ran down her cheek and she grasped the doll even tighter as she remembered him. "They did not deserve it. Why them? Please, tell me, why them..." she whispered as images of a white, faceless phantom flowed past her vision. "Why, my god, why..."

There she had been, staring at her memories and crying for weeks now, night and day. And there she would remain, always staring, always crying. Reverend Matthew looked at the girl for the last time, sighing deeply, before finally leaving her alone. But there wouldn't be sleep for him, either. No, he had to take care of the other children.

"Vile times, indeed", he muttered as he went to see if at least the other kids would have reached the blissful state of dreaming...

---

Never sleeping, always awake. Always aware.

So what the heck does one do in such a state?

Well, Marras knitted. It was surprisingly easy, as he was himself a practically unlimited supply of thread. The fact that the strings obeyed him without questions, adjusting to his every thought, was also rather helpful.

When Marras had first experimented with his powers, he had been amazed by the amazing strenght and endurance his inhuman body gave him. But those improvements were small, only a little hint of a much deeper changes in his physique. He had spent many nights studying them, trying to understand them and learning how to benefit from them. Knitting happened to be one of the skills he had picked up early on; it sounded mundane, but to him it had much more applications than met the eye. Actually, Marras was quite sure he hadn't yet reached the limits of his ability, or perhaps never would. So numerous were the creations he could make, and as his path was mainly that of destruction, he enjoyed every moment of creation he was given.

Normally, Marras re-absorbed his creations when they were ready, as every bit of his body also contained valuable souls. However, this time it wouldn't really matter, as Laura*) seemingly would stick with him for a while. She needed new clothes anyway, the few rags she had with her wouldn't do. Besides, Marras could already hear a flock of jackdaws yelling outside...

It is done, Marras thought as the few last strands found their places in the fabric. With a bit of concentration, he severed the last strings connecting his work to the bulk of his body; there was a brief flash of light as a beautiful, white dress collapsed into a neat pile to his feet. That'll do, for the moment, he thought. He wondered whether there was any way he could colour it, but that could wait; he needed to hear Laura's opinion first. Assuming, of course, there was a way of getting a meaningful response out of her.

Marras gently laid the dress on the dresser, and then quietly moved out of the room. To ensure he would not lose his key, Marras wrapped his hand around it and let it seek a place inside his body. Doing so always felt a bit discomforting, but he had found it was a highly practical way to store small items. You couldn't really lose yourself, or could you?

Other inhabitants were already fast asleep as Marras skulked outside. They probably wouldn't have noticed him even if they had been fully awake in a lit room, but he could never be sure. Some people were extremely sensitive to supernatural presence while asleep, and Marras had found that out the hard way.

I wonder whether she's giving them bad dreams he chuckled mentally before picking a soul from the first jackdaw...

*) Marras didn't really understand how the name had come to him. The woman had never said it aloud, at least, but somehow he felt compelled to use that name when referring to her. Gods definitely work in strange ways.

--------------------
I have nothing more to do in this world, so I can go & pester the inhabitants of the next one with a pure concscience.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #110
Within an hour, Yumi found Serena, despite her best efforts to hide. "Well, that was fun," Yumi said, "You're pretty good at this." "Thanks," Serena replied, "I've just got to know something, though. How are you able to find me so easily?" "Oh, my butterflies can track anything," Yumi said, "And pretty auras are really easy to spot when I'm close enough to. Speaking of pretty auras, I wonder what my boyfriend is doing..." "What's a boyfriend," Serena inquired. "Silly, a boyfriend is a guy who you want to hold and kiss and who loves you everyday," replied Yumi. "I'm not following you," Serena commented, "That doesn't make any sense." "I guess I'll have to show you," said Yumi, "I've got the best boyfriend in the whole world. You'll like him." "What's his name," asked Serena. Yumi smile and replied, "James."

**(meanwhile in the undergound lair)** Suddenly, without any apparent reason, James shuddered. "Strange," he said to himself. "What is it," Minoko asked. "I don't know," James replied, "for a moment, I was somewhat creeped out. But it's passed now. On a more important note, I've got a question. Are most of the people on your list of high-ranking minions all sworn enemies of mine?" "James, James, James," Minoko said, "You really don't know me very well do?! In all the centuries we were together, what has been my biggest goal in life?" "To make money," James replied. "No, but that was a nice plus," Minoko continued, "It was to get a certain someone to fall in love me. Unfortunately for him, he never did and probably never will. He simply cast my feelings and affections aside." "Wow, I didn't know you had a guy you were interested in, interrupted James.

Before James could continue, Minoko slapped him with all her might. "You threaten my life and now mock me," Minoko interjected angrily, "I'm nothing more than a pawn to you, am I?! You can forget about me helping you. I don't care if we do have the same enemies. I hope you die, and not come back this time. Now get out of my really cool underground lair before I have one of those guys you hate throw you out." "What makes you think you can push me around," James said angrily, "I am a god."

"I'd love to see you try," Minoko said assertively, "Being a god is quite meaningless here, since just about anyone can become one. Hell, I did. Now, are you going to get out or do you have to be thrown out." "I'm going," James replied, "But you know this isn't over." "If you actually last long enough to fight me, I'll crush you like an insect," Minoko retorted. With all the dialog concluded, James made his was out of the lair, and ultimately out of Solaris. Unfortunately for him on his way out, he came across two people he really didn't want to run into.

Before him stood a tall man with black hair & red eyes, wearing all black & armed with a greatsword, and another man, not quite as tall with brown hair & one eye(the other covered with an eyepatch), wearing some red robes that were missing its sleeves & armed with a gladius. "Well if it isn't our old buddy James," the tall man in black said in a stereotypical manor, "Come to get a beating I see." "Probly," replied James, "It won't be from you, Joshua. I've got a lot of things take care of and I don't have time to play with you. Truthfully, I'd like to know why the 2 of you aren't taking care of some of these problems yourselves." "What problems would that be," asked the man in red robes.

"Glad you asked," James said enthusiastically, "Somewhere, you can't miss it cause it's quite large and flashy, is a Citadel of Undead run by an individual known as Seoth. Also, there's some demon named Geltor who's pretending to be a god. Plus there's a bunch vampire extorting money from various people. None of these guys are really tough, so I'm surprised Minoko hasn't sent you to wipe them out yet..." "Nice try James. We already know about them and as we speak, Minoko is preparing to deal with them," Joshua said, "In the mean time, there's a demon near me that I'm not in the process of killing or have killed. I'm definitely going to have to remedy that." Without further conversation, the man in black drew his greatsword and charged James...

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #111
As Sliros stood atop the tallest building in Kirkwood, unseen, overlooking the lands below he suddenly realized he was no longer alone. He turned, and was faced a disturbingly cheerful grin. It was a most comical sight, a mighty, armor-clad warrior facing a slender, extravagant fop. Sliros hated him already. “And you are?”

“Oh, how rude of me to not introduce myself!” Fallian extended his hand. “I am Fallian, god of ambition and fortune, at your service.” Realizing his hands was being met only with a cold stare from beneath that iron helmet, he pulled it back and ran his fingers through his well groomed hair. “Right. You see, I’m relatively new on the scene and I-”

“How did you find me here?” Sliros had heard of this god of fortune, and he was not interested in anything he had to say. He gripped his wicked double-bladed scythe.

“Oh.” Fallian looked up towards the night sky, grinning. “The moon told me I could find you here!”

Sliros quickly went from annoyed to enraged. “Enough of this nonsense! Why are you here? How dare you disturbed me? Your answers had better be good!”

For the first time in his life, Fallian wondered if he should be concerned, this god was far more powerful than he, and he had never dealt with such a being before. He was no longer smiling. Never the less, Fallian just had to take advantage of the situation, his nature demanded it. He wasn’t going to let this opportunity slip by. “I am here to make an offer to you. If you don’t want my help, I can always leave.” Fallian turned his back on the elder god.

Sliros was not impressed. “Leave.”

Fallian was baffled. Where was this god’s sense of ambition? For once it seemed his target was not going to ask for his help by himself. Fallian would have to force it down Sliros’s throat. His smile returned, and he faced the old god once again. “Hmph, and here I thought you’d be interested in what I had to say. I suppose the Kalazar Empire will just have to find another to be her savior.”

Sliros was now intrigues, but remained cautious; he knew who he was now dealing with. “Do you propose to give me the Kalazar Empire?”

“It would be yours for the taking! You need only say the word, and the Empire will be yours to do with as you please!”

“Fool. I do not seek conquest. You would never understand the forces I stand for. But I know exactly what you stand for, and I can’t wrap my mind around why you would want to give me an Empire.”

Fallian paced back and forth as he spoke. “As I said before, I’m sort of new around here, making a name for myself and whatnot. I want to shake things up, and I figured you were just the deity to go to for such action. That, plus the people of Kalazar-”

Sliros remained skeptical. “I have no interest in your pretty words, I know where your true loyalties lie: to yourself. Now, what is it you ask in return for such a deal?”

Fallian perched on a nearby rock, tilting his head in a feminine manner. “Something that might come in handy later. I want a favor.”

Sliros was more careful than that, “What kind of favor?”

“Ah! But that is the fun part! You can’t know what it is! I don’t even know what it will be! It could be something simple, a flick of your finger-” Fallian made a face when he noticed Sliros might be missing one. “Or not...”

“And what if this favor... inconveniences me greatly?”

Fallian raised an eyebrow. “Well, that’s just a...” dramatic pause, “risk you’ll have to take. Do we have a deal?”

Sliros thought deeply for a moment, eventually figuring that there was little Fallian could ask for that could really disrupt him now. “Very well. If I am not satisfied with what you deliver, the deal is off.”

“Excellent!” Fallian extended his hand once again. Sliros didn’t move. “You have to shake on it! You know, to make it official.” Sliros slowly conceited. Fallian smiled, shaking wasn’t necessary, he just wanted to make the god uncomfortable. “Now then, gaze upon your kingdom, the Empire of Kalazar!”

Sliros looked down over the land once again. It looked the same. “Is this a joke?” He gripped his scythe again.

Fallian’s smile was gone, he was all business now. “Thule, the Emperor of Kalazar, had a few dealings with me in the past. Then he turned his back on me. His people suffer, forgotten by their Emperor as he is engulfed by his mad dreams of conquest. You are the god of the forsaken, yes? These people are ripe for the picking!”

“The people of Kalazar are known for their loyalty to their Emperor. I’m not sure-”

“Not the Emperor. The empire, maybe. Behold.” Fallian revealed a sword from under his robes. It was intricately carved, set with precious stones. Sliros sensed no magic about it. “This is Orderforge. It’s Thule’s sword, passed down through generations of Emperors. It is the very symbol of his legitimacy, and he lost it to me in a game we played a few years ago. It’s probably why he hates me so much.”

Sliros understood now. With this sword, and some careful maneuvering, Kalazar could indeed be his, the people freed from the oppressive rule of Emperor Thule. He snatched it from Fallian’s weak grip. “Yesss. With this, the world will change. You’ve made good on your word, fortune-god.”

Fallian was smiling again. “You see? Your ambition has won the day.”

Sliros shook his head. “You will never understand, will you?” He looked down at the sword. “And what of this Thule? Are you particularly attached to him?”

“Hah.” Fallian turned away as well. “Do with him what you will.”

--------------------
You lose.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #112
The gods argue, and upon us lands the spittle.
- Saying among the Ubumal

--------------------
Ashataro tugged the brown leather of his overcoat closer around himself as a chilling wind began to howl down the deserted alley. He glanced upward, but the nighttime sky remained clear, at least for now. It hadn’t always been so recently. In the days it took Fallian and Ashataro to travel from the wayside inn to Kirwood, sudden storms had come and gone over half a dozen times. After the last, even Fallian complained, making a quip about the temperament of whatever weather god held sway over the region. His smile never slipped, though.

He had seen too many of Fallian’s like over the years, gods drunk on entitlement, constantly dabbling in mortal affairs. Most made a show of creating a central doctrine for their followers to follow, but Ashataro suspected it was little more than justifying their own behaviour. Ones like that combined the two characteristics he disliked most in deities: a theology that causes their followers to solely depend on them, and the notion that the privilege to interfere in worldly happenings whenever the whimsy strikes is undeniable. No, he had not been unhappy to part ways with the other god when they had reached the city gate. Fallian, of course, had made a charade of their parting words.

“Ah, I will miss your company in the days ahead, my friend. I shall treasure all the discussions on your research and outlook on life we had on the road close to my heart,” Fallian had said, and Ashataro had responded by grating his teeth. His attempts to talk about the purpose of divinity and the need to restrain from interacting with mortals too much had dwindled over the past few days. The fact that Fallian had always found ways to bring up that farce at the tavern probably hadn’t helped matters either. Ashataro had kept his silence, and eventually Fallian had shrugged. “Very well, then. I suppose I had better hurry if I’m to meet the powers that be here.”

Ashataro had frowned. “You mean that you can sense the direction to these new gods?” All Ashataro had to go on was a vague feeling. Of course, Fallian seemed to be the type to receive prayers from his followers, so perhaps that had something to do with it.

The other deity had shaken his head, half his face illuminated by the moonlight. “Not directly. However, I do have other sources of information.” He had then stared up at the sky and winked. Strange. With one last infuriating smile, he had strode into the city. “Well, farewell. I’m off to spread my good news. Try not to give the common people too much of a cold shoulder.”

The horsemen rode single file, each man in the sinuous line holding a torch; in the distance it looked like a glowing red snake. No, Fallian had it wrong, Ashataro thought to himself as he crossed a narrow street. Gods leading mortals leads to more woe than weal.

He paused for a moment at another intersection, considering, and then took a right. It had been nearly a decade since he had last been in Kirwood, but he still remembered the way to a certain library. More current information could be obtained by entering one of the city’s many taverns, but each rumour with a kernel of truth would be balanced by a barrel of hearsay. Besides, he wanted to be more prepared before he sought out one of the other gods dwelling in Kirwood.

Frankly, the idea of so many deities in one place gave Ashataro a cold feeling in the pit of his stomach. Meetings between two gods as often as not resulted in arguments, if not conflict, but a larger group in one place was a powder keg waiting to be lit. Finally reaching the library, he quietly opened the door and slide in. The place was nearly empty; as far as he could tell, only one person was studying in it, a large tome open before him. Ashataro walked to one of the back shelves and began to run a dark hand over the spines. If he recalled correctly, there was a book here that listed, among other things, much of what was known about meetings within the pantheon. It would be a good starting place.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #113
Lauraziel tilted her head to the side, studying the smooth fall of white silk. It was Marras, this dress, made of his body, and it warmed her that he stayed with her while he went to feed. "Many, many threads," she told him as she slipped into it.

The dress was not home, but it was the closest she had ever come to one. It opened the door for her, just a little, and let her see the children that had gone into his care. They were many, but they were home, and the sight eased her ceaseless longing for a little while.

And it let her see, when she looked elsewhere, the children of others that he had taken. She saw the ways they came to him, and how, and why. She saw what they left behind. She saw the children's children, and because she was Lauraziel, she saw the ones that called out, in pain and grief, to anyone, and she yearned to comfort them.

Two strands of silk in the dress led, over the steady beat of black wings, to one such child, lost in the paths and the visions that her children knew so well. Lauraziel went to her, to the child with the memory and the friend stitched with love and stuffed with hope, and walked beside her in the blood and ash and screams.

"It's a cage," Lauraziel said, gently. The dress transformed her as the rags never did, and the bath had left her clean and her hair straight, but her eyes were the same, would always be the same.

The young girl saw, for the first time in weeks, for the first time since she and the little ones had finally reached safety and she couldn't stop herself from feeling any longer, someone that wasn't dead or dying. The dress that Lauraziel wore floated unsullied through ankle deep mud, and she saw in it something of the phantom that haunted her memories. She almost screamed, but the woman looked so sad that the girl thought maybe she had lost someone too. "Who are you?" the girl asked, curiosity overriding grief. The one with the strange eyes wasn't dead or dying, but the girl wasn't so sure she was alive, either.

Lauraziel did not answer, had no answer. Instead, she picked up a handful of bloodied mud and started shaping it into a sphere. She seemed intent on it; the grief that the girl had seen so clearly was gone from that expression of pure concentration, but the girl knew, somehow, that it was still there. The thought was comforting, in an odd way, and the girl drew closer to the one who made her feel less alone.

"Why?" asked the girl. Her tears never ended, and never would in this place. "Why did it happen? Why them? Why did he do it?"

"You see, but you don't." Lauraziel held out the sphere. It was crystal, clear, shining inside with the light of some terrible, wonderful truth. "Will you look?"

The girl shook her head frantically. "I'm afraid," she wailed. Because once she had started to feel again, she never stopped, and memory was a jagged wound.

"So am I." Kneeling in the mud in a beautiful, spotless white dress, with hair falling where it would and the ashes of memory all around her, Lauraziel looked so forlorn that the young girl felt her own chest tighten in pain. She had little left to give and hardly the strength for it, but her heart was big enough to keep her anchored when the little ones had needed her, so the young girl offered the only comfort she could. She offered her little sister's rag doll.

Lauraziel seemed so delighted, so grateful, when she hugged the little rag doll that the young girl felt her own pain lighten. In turn, Lauraziel held out the sphere turned into a compact bundle of blue-painted rags, and the young girl accepted the ball. Together, the three of them sat in the young girl's memory and played the simple games that children played.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #114
The Gods are regular party animals, didn't you know that?
- Written in the margins of a copy of History of the Gods, Part 2 ; a notation attributed to a scribe named Dennish.

--------------------

Noric could sense them. He still could not identify them on sight, but he knew that they were there. Somewhere.

He'd come to recognize the sensation for what it was when James had revealed himself. It had become more obvious during the confrontation with the Demon and his odd undead minion.

The others were out there. They had always been out there. And, contrary to Kyros's assurance, they had no interest in him.

Noric sat in a fetal position on the bed, brooding over the events of the past three days. He had visited the Temple to the Pantheon first. No wonder there was a temple to the pantheon in this city: he could feel them coming and going and coming and going; interacting at times, but mostly fiddling in their own business. He had spent a day and a half at the Temple, trying to contact one of the others, trying to reach out and identify just one of them.

Just one.

But no one answered.

He had gone to a library next, after a brief rest at the inn. The library had been dedicated to the service of Ashataro; thus, Noric had hoped to find guidance from a real priest, or perhaps even find that researcher whose notes he and Sveltas had stubled across in Narrow Creek, but no luck.

He was back in his room now, tired and frustrated. Even his ability to sense the others seemed lacking: two deities were in this very inn, and he had no idea where. Or rather, one had just left.

Noric swore under his breath. And swore again. Even his years in research were not as frustrating as this: to know that you were a stone's throw away from the one thing you had been searching for... a stone's throw away from meaning... and no knowledge as how to grasp it.

Um... hello? Noric?

"Not now, Sveltas," Noric said aloud, before remembering that it was all in his head.

Yes, well, I know that you probably can't respond verbally, and I'm not even entirely sure that you can actually hear me...

"I wish I wasn't..."

... wherever you are with that James nut. I've just arrived at the South Gate, and something really odd just happened.

"And this is unusual?"

I just got puked on by a guy looking for Stephen Hedges. Or, at least, he thinks that I'm you.

Noric's head snapped up, alert.

Anyway, the guy just passed out. I'm going to take him into town and find an inn or something. I'll give you an update when I find out what's going on. Hope that you and James are having fun with the vampires.

Noric slid out of bed and threw his robe on. At the very least, wrapping up some thread of his mortal life would be more productive than sitting around and moping. The south gate was a fifteen minute walk without traffic; but traffic was always assured. He might still be able to head Sveltas off.

EDIT: formatting

[ Wednesday, May 09, 2007 06:40: Message edited by: Lenar ]

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #115
As Joshua neared James, James rushed up and the last minute, closing the distance quicker that Joshua had planned for. James knocked the sword away and sent Joshua flying back with a swift kick to the face. "Don't worry. I'll you went I get done saving the world," James said just before Teleporting away. "I won't let hit get away," Joshua said as began to cast a spell. "Stop. It's foolish to rush off half-cocked like that," the one-eyed man in red said, "You'll see him again, and next time we'll all be ready for him." "I suppose your right, D," Joshua replied, "I've been trying to kill that guy for so long that I let him get to me."

James appeared in a fiery flash just outside of Kirkwood. "Well that was just great," James thought to himself, "several powerful people, all of which hate me, are in service to someone who for no apparent reason seems to hate me as well. I suppose I should have been nicer to her, but I couldn't help it. She was being more irate than... Hell, she was being irate period. That's not like her. I'll definitely have deal with her later. But for now, I've got a few gods left to try to recruit to fight the forces of evil. More importantly, when did I start caring so much about fighting the forces of evil?!"

As James pondered these things, he began to notice an usual amount of butterflies in the area. "I wonder if it's too late to go back to those guys who want to kill me," James thought to himself as he looked up and saw a giant butterfly in sky. Before the butterfly even landed, Yumi jumped from it into James, hugging him tightly. After a few bones started cracking, she let him go. James few to the ground, unable to support himself without his spine being intact. "I'm glad my body regenerates," James said to himself. "I'm glad mine does too," Serena chimed in, "So man in black, we meet again. This time I will defeat you!"

"Look, I really am sick of fighting people right now," James responded, "That's all I've been doing for the past few days and it's really getting old. So unless you want to die, I suggest you shut the hell up and leave me alone." "You can't talk to me like that," Serena shouted. "Why not," James interjected. "Because I'm a woman and you're a man," Serena replied. "Not making the connection here," responded James, "Could you actually give me an explanation. "Gladly," Serena said, "Where I'm from, women are the dominate gender and all men, regardless of how strong they are for the most part are third-class citizens." "Oh I see," James commented, "you're one of those people. Don't most of y'all worship me?" "Um, who are you," asked Serena. "I'm James the Deity," James replied. "And he's my boyfriend," interrupted Yumi, "and we're going to get married and have a nice house with a nice yard. And a big beautiful garden with plenty of butterflies."

"On second thought," said James, "psycho lady, I think I'm just going to stand here and let you try to kill me. I won't move or anything." "You can't do that," yelled Serena, "You're supposed to kill me, so I don't have to deal with her anymore. I've never begged for anything in my life, but I'm begging you to kill me." Serena then got her hands and knees on the ground and said, "Please. I can't stand it anymore. She's so annoying and so freaking cheerful it's sickening. She won't shut up about those stupid butterflies." By this point Yumi was too busy petting a butterfly to notice any of the conversation. James smiled at Serena and said, "Well what did you expect from the Godess of Butterflies, slaughtering the masses with hellfire and brimestone?! Well, I suppose you're better than nothing. Congratulations, Psycho Lady, you've just involunteered to help me save the world." "I just what," interjected Serena.

"I know it will be dangerous," James continued, "and I know you'll probly die doing it, but Insert Whatever Your Name is Here you'll die a hero... and be free of you know who." "I'll do it," Serena quickly replied. "Hey Yumi," shouted James, "me and this chick are going on an adventure to save the world from the vile forces of evil, wanna help?" Yumi rushed up the the giant butterfly and touched it. The butterfly then disappeared, leaving only Yumi's massive sword, which she promptly picked up. "So, James, where do we start," Serena asked. "There apparently are a lot of gods in this town over here *points to town*. I plan on recruiting some and getting organized. And a few that aren't there," James replied with a smile, "Onward to Kirkwood." With the shorter than normal dialog completed, James, Yumi, and Serena began their walk to Kirkwood.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #116
Seoth considered the vampires' proposal. An obscure vampiress that nobody other than a god knew the existence of? Highly unlikely, though gods were known to keep secrets. Cassius, though was likely quite unfriendly to Seoth, after their last encounter. How could a large guild of vampires not know everything there was to know about vampirism? Seoth sighed mentally. He had nothing to lose, really.

"Very well then, Kuberr. I'll take your deal. Probably not the wisest thing to do, but I'm desperate. But enough of this speaking through your stupid bowl. Believe it or not, I have undead to instruct. I'll meet you in, say. . . Three days. At an inn in Kirkwood. Kuberr can find it for you. There'll be a god there. And you can tell me your price there too, since if you do it for 'free', you'll end up stealing or ruining something of mine."

Cutting off the spell, Seoth turned back to his now-murmuring commanders. "Well, back to what I was saying, our main threats are Marras and James. As the God of Death, Marras will have some control, at least, over our forces. James has begun amassing a semi-army of redundant deities. Butterflies, guards, yada-yada. They aren't a threat. James himself is a very ancient deity, though, and I'd be surprised if he doesn't have more than a dozen tricks for us. . ."

quote:

Deep in the blighted forest, a tomb sat. The explosion generated by Geltor had blown it half apart. A pale hand reached out of the ruins, grabbing hold of the edge of the top wall. The hand burst into flames. . .

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #117
Eventually the trio found their way to center of Kirkwood. "Alright," spoke James, "We should set up a base of operations before I try to recruit some deities." "Why do we even need other deities," Serena interrupted, "two gods should be enough to take out the threats you've described to me." "Not bloody likely," James said, "There's only one god in this group and that's me. Hell, even when I had another deity helping me out, we still couldn't stop the problems. Now, all I've got backing me up is a psychotic Warlock and a butterfly-obsessed angel." "Wait. But you said Yumi was the Godess of Butterflies," Serena interjected. "Yeah, sorry for that," James said, "that's just a nickname me and some others used to call her by. Kinda hard to break old habits." "But that doesn't make sense," Serena barked, "I saw her crush you. How is she not a god?!" "She's physically stronger than me. There are a lot of people out there who are stronger than, but not necessarily more powerful than, me," replied James, "Minoko, Geltor, Yumi, Joshua... All of them could easily beat me in a contest of strength. Physical Strength isn't the only thing that makes someone powerful. Being a user of Magic, one would think you wouldn't have to have this stuff explained to you."

"I suppose you're right," Serena said solemnly, "So where are we going to set up our base at?" "We really only have two options," responded James, "The first choice is to find an abandoned warehouse and take it over. This presents a problem in that the homeless and seedy people have most likely taken up residence there. I would really like to avoid needless bloodshed if at all plausible. That leaves option number two, the big tubby temple dedicated to the entire pantheon. Plenty of Deities come and go frequently. And theoretically, none of my enemies would expect such blatantly idiotic move, so we'll do it there. 'Course we'll have to get some supplies." Without further major dialog, the trio headed to the general store and bought some chairs, a table, some writing implements, a chalkboard, and a blank book. They then proceed to the God of Love Shrine and set up everything in a semi-organized fashion.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #118
Smoke rose as a steady thread towards the sky. Several dozen rough-looking humans were gathered around a campfire, speaking in a low, guttural language. Many were carrying supplies, such as crude tools and weaponry. At first glance, they appeared to be vagabonds, but they were more… so much more…

At least, that’s how the man at the edge of the camp viewed it. He stood in similar garb to the rest, but his figure easily marked him as being from the more civilized areas of Kalandha. And now, he was counting something that no one else could see. “416, 417, 418, 419… can we make it 420?” He said to himself. Suddenly, a note of distress entered his mind. It continued for several minutes, only to fade away as suddenly as it came. “420,” he added, a small smile playing across his face. “A new milestone for the Ishnu tribe… and for me as well. If I can keep this up, I’ll prove the pantheon wrong.” The smile increased in size only to be tempered by another thought. “Actually, after 500 years, there probably isn’t much left of the original pantheon in the first place. Well, I suppose having a little extra power isn’t something to complain about. But it still would have been nice to see the looks on their faces when I told them that my research had been a success. It’s a good thing I became the patron deity of the Ishnu tribe though. My role as the God of Languages has probably been all but forgotten. Heck, I wouldn’t be surprised if someone has taken my place.” He experimentally tried to translate a small bit of an ancient, obscure language in his mind. He did so with incredible ease. “Well, either there isn’t a new God of Languages, or there can be multiple gods of the same role simultaneously.

Someone approached him, the chieftain of the Ishnu Tribe. “You know the birth, Avin?” he asked in painfully halting Common.
“You are well aware that I do, Gulix.” Avin replied with a far superior grasp of the language. “Do you wish to speak in your native tongue?”
“No. I must learn Common. Though complicated, many speak it. If I to talk for tribe, I must learn to speak it well. Though I prefer Ishnufish.”
“Ishnuish,” Avin corrected. “It’s nice to see you’re making such progress. I was afraid that I would have to teach you in a more… direct way. But it’s nice to know that it isn’t required of me to implant the knowledge directly into your mind.”
“You did that for last?”
“I did. Apparently, it’s an extremely painful process.”
“Then I glad I am learning the easy way. You will bless the child, yes?”
“Tomorrow. I will bless her before we leave.”
“Thank you, great one.” Gulix then left. Avin stared out to the road that they had been following. If he remembered correctly, there was a great temple in the town ahead, dedicated to many of the gods that had existed. He wondered if it possessed a shrine to him. It would certainly make things easier, but if it didn’t. He had another, far more important reason for heading there. And if it worked… he was almost giddy with excitement.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #119
Geltor was finshed with his network of fire portals. He arrange them by have them all transport too and from a central location. The central location didn't exist yet. Geltor approcahed the office who ever was in charge of the mine under the guise of a miner.

Geltor enters the office.Some becurate"what do you want?" Geltor then torchs him makeing him into ashes Geltor then takes the ashes and reworks them into a flame shade. It would take on the shape and memories of what ever ashes were used to create it, however it would be very fragile. Geltor"you are to keep business as ususal, slowly make the mine less profitable till the close it. Make sure my demons can slip in and out of this mine without trouble."Geltor then focus on candle on the desk. Suddenly a flame shoots out from the candle with this candle Geltor was creating more then a portal but a minature demision. Geltor then enters the flame and the candle returns to looking like an orginaly light candle.

Once on the other side Geltor was in a deminsion of fire and brimstone that existed at the center of his portal network. Geltor begins chanting and soon traing fields spring up, war rooms and debriefing rooms for training his new army and sending them out. As well were two are three dueling arnea and rest areas for even demons need to rest. Lastly Geltor created runes, fortifcations, and other magical enchantments surronding each of the portals. James would proably be the only god who could figure out how to use the portals, even if he ever figure out what they were even that be unlikely. Still Geltor didn't like to take chances.

With that done Geltor steps through one of the portals and back into the office. Geltor then grabs that candle, takes the guise of a miner, grabs the candle and goes out to meet his new army.
----------------------------------------
Coutal and Lotar saw a what appeared to be a miner but they new better the sensed their God. Geltor then through off the guise as he apporached the demon camp. Coutal "What is with the candle master?" Geltor "It is a portal flame it will take you to where I have created us a base." Geltor thens shows his demons how to enter the portal and with a flash flame the demons disappear into the portal world Geltor made. Geltor then resumes the guise of the miner and takes the candle back the office.

[ Wednesday, May 09, 2007 19:04: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #120
Kuberr, Barbados, and Cassius were passing through the front gates of Kirkwood. The journey had not been pleasant; Cassius was annoyed with Barbados personally, although he was enjoying his lessened responsibilities. Kuberr led them through a maze of shops and alleyways, occasionally remarking on the good deals to be had. He sometimes stopped, cocked his head, and turned slowly. Finally, he stopped before an austere and sedate little tavern. With a flourish, Kuberr drew open the door and beckoned them in.

Seoth was waiting there, as a tall and thin man in black. He almost blended in with the inn's decor. With him was another man, harassed-looking and irritable. Seoth stood up when the trio entered, and moved quickly to them. Seoth's companion called, from behind him, "I suppose our meeting is over, then?"

"Yes." Seoth barked. "Let's make this quick. How much, and how far?"

"We've been thinking." Kuberr tipped his head. "And we think we want a full year of moderate weather on the seas. And that's all."

"How moderate?" Seoth said suspiciously.

"Reasonably." Kuberr drew out a small gold instrument on a chain and flicked it with his finger. "Yes, that'll do. That'll do nicely."

"And what about the other two?" Seoth glanced to Cassius and Barbados.

"I'll be compensating them in return for full control over this decision." Kuberr spoke again.

"Fine. And my other question: how far away will we go?"

Now Cassius spoke. "Far. Very far."

"How many day's travel?"

"Two. The journey is of the mind," Cassius said in an uncharacteristically cryptic manner.

Seoth paused. "Well. Can we at least get moving now?"

Cassius nodded. "A good idea. Let's go." He strode out of the inn, taking no heed if anyone was following.

"Hold on!" Seoth shouted, once they had traveled about a block. "I know a shortcut. We will go by cloud." And a wispy tangle of cloud descended from the sky to rest next to the group. Seoth climbed on, and it supported them. The others followed, and the cloud began to rise. Kuberr mutterred something about transporting costs. Barbados looked excited and stared around; now the cloud was as high as the nearby rooftops.

"One moment," Cassius said. Seoth halted the cloud's ascent. Cassius seized Barbados by the chest and threw him off the cloud. "What made you think you were coming?" He turned to Seoth and said, "Ready. We're going that way." Cassius pointed to a faraway series of mountains. Kuberr shook his head wearily and the cloud zoomed quickly toward them, and mortals in Kirkwood pointed and stared.

As they moved, Cassius spoke. "Now, Antonia... She's hard to describe. She's arrogant, but she deserves it. It is likely that she'll give you an order, and it's also likely that you will obey it with or against your will. And she's also a bit out of touch. She's been sleeping in a crypt for years."

Several minutes passed in silence. Then Kuberr spoke up. "I know Seoth has minions. And I know I have followers. But Cassius, I've never seen a real follower of yours... You're kind of a loner, aren't you?"

Cassius stared. Then he said slowly, "I've been called something close; a lone wolf, they said. I do own work, and I don't need anyone to help me. But the difference is, they called me an animal; all instinct, and no thought." He lapsed into thoughtful silence, but he didn't seem truly bothered.

When they began to near the mountains, Seoth said, "So where exactly are we going? I don't know where to land this thing."

[ Thursday, May 10, 2007 16:14: Message edited by: Calphrexo ]

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #121
After establishing a crude base of operations, James to a more poor part of Kirkwood and in an ally behind some creates, he began creating generic peasants. "Go," that is all he said to them. Slowly, one at a time, the creations left the ally and went to strategic locations, such as the town gates. After the hour long process, James then teleported back to the shrine. "I should've done that much earlier in the game," James thought to himself, "That's what I get for getting Minoko to do most of my work for me." "What did you go off to do," Serena asked. "Well, if I'm going have my base in a town, I'd better be able to protect that town. However, to do that I need know when something threatens that town and where, so I set up spies in strategic locations. Oh yeah, I almost forgot..." James then conjured some generic guards, which he stationed around the shrine. He then conjured a woman dressed in extravagant clothing. "Spies & guards are in place, and I've got a Seer now," James thought to himself, "That's it. For now all I can do is wait, and plan. With any luck some of the nearby gods may take interest in what I'm doing and want to help me... Hopefully..."

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #122
The primitive tribe had decided to continue traveling that night. The sooner Avin could get to his goal, the better, and he would prefer to keep the Ishnu tribe on a short leash for their protection. Not that they couldn't handle themselves... Avin had seen to that.

They had passed a few merchants on the road, who stared at the preceding awestruck. Indeed, they stared after them hours later, stunned by the mass exodus of people. But now, it was just Avin, Gulix, and another tribesman.

"I trust that you brought a weapon, Gulix?" Avin asked.
"Of course, Avin." Gulix thought for a moment. "Talk, why do you ask that? You could easy find out for self."
"First, it's 'say', not 'talk'. Secondly, I find it a measure of respect for you as a person. Just because I could see the answer for myself doesn't mean I should violate your privacy." Avin thought for a moment. "Let's put this to rest; the city is close, and I don't want to make anyone suspicious. Right now, we're just doing reconnaissance."
Gulix gave Avin a baffled look.
"Scouting, Gulix," Avin clarified. The city gates were extremely close now. "Now, if we get questioned, let me do the talking."

Avin and his entourage walk through the city gates. Their appearance seems to make an impression amongst the guards, but thankfully, no one decides to question them. They make their way quickly and silently towards the temple, where Avin opened the ornate doors and walked boldly inside. Hundreds of people crowd around the appropriate shrines, worshiping their gods. He pushes past the gaggle of people and makes his way to the very back, where he found the shrine dedicated to him. Sort of. The unused shrine was crumbling and in many sorts of disrepair. No one had bothered maintaining it. He saw a marble statue of himself at the center of the shrine, also crumbling. "Perfect," Avin said softly. "Unused and untouched. This may be easier than I thought." Avin walked about the empty shrine, examining it's every detail. Then he moved to the front of it and waved his hands in a complex pattern. He heard a gasp of shock from his two escorts, but from his vantage point, nothing happened. He walked out of the shrine and turned around. From anyone viewing the shrine from the outside, it appeared as if there was nothing there but a solid wall. Avin experimentally reached for the wall, and his hand went straight through it. "That will do the trick." He then turned to the tribesman he brought along and said in Ishnuish, "Stay at the local inn. I want eyes and ears in this city at all times while we're here." The tribesman responded, and left. At that point, something caught Avin's eye; someone had set up some sort of arrangement in one of the shrines. He carefully pulled out a small wooden blowgun and loaded a dart with cyan feathers into it. Gulix did the same, except that he loaded a dart with plain-looking feathers. They then approached the shrine cautiously, where a man sat behind a table. Avin recognized him.

"James?"

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #123
"What the-?" Marras muttered as he felt his surroundings. He was clearly lying on something solid... but was there air or water above him, he couldn't tell. His hearing was distorted, all the scents were strange and his sight... well, the problem was that he had no sight. "So, you finally woke up", a weak, raspy voice whispered from the darkness.

"Where am I?" asked Marras. "Am... am I alive?" An echoing sigh replied.

"Well, you are alive now", the voice answered. "Sort of."

"Did you save me?" Marras asked. "Or are you a healer, or..."

"You weren't saved", the voice replied, filled with... what, grief? "You fell from your boat and drowned, entangled in your own nets. Your body was lost in the river, and was probably eaten by the fish you used to capture for nourishment - the irony is fitting, agreed?"

A long, akward silence ensued.

"You've got to be joking", Marras replied. He lifted his fingers to feel if there was something wrong with his eyes... which soon revealed he had no eyes. Retaining his calmness, Marras felt around his face and neck in search of a his nose and ears, finding none. His fingers were met only by a smooth, if somewhat sticky, surface.

"I wish I was", the voice replied. "But the truth is, I aren't. You died and your body was lost. More or less fortunately, though, your soul wasn't; instead, it was devoured by the creature you now inhabit."

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?" Marras muttered, and tried to stand up. It was much harder than he expected, mostly because his body felt (and was, in all reality) much heavier than he remembered. "It'd be much more helpfull if you just told me who the hell are you and where in the hell are we?"

"Very well then", the voice chuckled, but its laughter was cut short by a burst of violent coughing. There was something in the sound that made Marras feel like the whole world was collapsing. He lifted his hands and pressed them against where his ears had used to be - it, of course, helped nothing. "I am.. sorry for that", the voice whispered, even weaker than before. "I'm... not in a very good condition... anymore..."

"You still didn't answer my question", Marras snarled, taking few, staggering steps towards where the origin of the sound might have been. However, he stopped as he sensed what was ahead of him. This can't be he thought as he felt this massive wave of, well, something flush against his face. He felt like a small leaf in a waterfall, being swept away by the current. Somehow, he managed to hold his place, but it wasn't easy.

What the hell is this, he wondered.

"I see.. you can sense me. That is good, I no longer would have the strenght to bestow such powers upon you." Marras didn't like the way how the voice was filled with pride and... joy? He just couldn't tell...

"You asked me... who I am. Well, I'm nobody, really. I was once referred to with the name Tuoni... perhaps you've heard it before?" Of course, what the voice implied was absurd. However, Marras wasn't in the position not to believe. Conceptions of time were whirling around in his mind, slowly forming into an image of someone old... no, not old. Ancient.

"Keeper of white roses and the watchman at the gates of afterlife. You are Tuoni, the god of death", Marras could hear his own voice say. It wasn't until now that he realized how different his voice was from what he remembered; his old voice had been low and merry, this new one was hissing and cold. He knew already he would not like it.

"Yes", said an old, pale man (1 dressed in red robes, sitting in a corner of dark and dusty cavern. "I'm glad you... worked it out... this *cough* soon. For a common man, you certainly have lots of wits. It's too bad we gods so often overlook your kind..."

"Okay...", Marras muttered, and then assumed a stronger, more official tone. "Assuming I'm, you know, dead, it does make sense to meet you. However, assuming I'm somehow alive, meeting you makes no sense at all. So, what's going on?"

"Oh, nothing spectacular. I'm just a good way into dying and have chosen you as my successor", Tuoni whispered and smiled sligthly. Marras stared him with disbelief.

"Me? As your successor? Why?", he asked. "I mean, aren't there other gods to take your place? Why would you give your powers to an ordinary fisherman?"

"Now that is a question with a long and... *cough*... complicated answer" Tuoni replied and wiped something, vaguely resembling blood, off from his lips with his deathly pale hand. "It might help if you understood that I cannot really give my position to away... and that your body already has everything necessary to take my place..."

"I wasn't a god", Marras added hastily, without much thinking. "Of course you weren't... and that might actually be a *cough*... a good thing", Tuoni replied, "But the creature which swallowed your soul was, or at least was very close to becoming one. I've hunted it for decades... because of a mistake I made... seeking to correct..."

Suddenly, Tuoni braced himself and his voice became much clearer, and filled with power and authority. His new voice made Marras tremble, but he had to admit it was much more convincing. "To be brief, me and my kin are responsible for your creation. Our stupid desire to become gods, to be the masters of this world and everything within it, drived your kind, the ordinary folk, into desperation. We laughed at them, for we thought they were too far beneath us to be of any significance. But one of them, called Makroangkeen, realized what we had done and how, perhaps better than any one else. And he also turned that knowledge against us; harnessing the new, strenghtened flows of magic, he created soldiers and monsters capable of fighting us. You might have heard of them; chimaera, piru, paholainen, oni, asura... they are all names for the same class of beings created by him."

At this point, Tuoni's voice again began losing cohesion. It was accompanied by weakening of his lifeforce. Deep in his mind, Marras realized he was witnessing a death of god, and major one as well. And he had no clue how to relate to that.

"Unfortunately for him, he underestimated us *cough* just as we underestimated him... we, too, made weapons... to counter his... You were one of them, but too strong. I tried to destroy you... but wasn't carefull enough...." Tuoni smiled again, the sad, nostalgic smile of an old man looking at the days long past. "You see, you were too powerfull... I saw in you the potential... to be new him. To cause another conflict... capable... of ripping this world apart..."

Coughing out more oozing blackness which supposedly was his blood, Tuoni's body shook violently. Marras could feel his lifeforce fading, the waterfall running out of water. He took few steps closer, just to see his predecessor more closely before he'd pass away.

"Of course, my concern might have been... missplaced. There are other forces at work now... as bad *cough* or worse... than you or him. Geltor, for example... his creation and lieutenant... that backstabbing bastard..."

"I don't really get how all this is going to help in my new job" Marras said bluntly. "If I'm to be the new god of death, as you propose, I need something easier to cope with. Something practical, something..." Sighing, Marras kneeled beside the old man. "I am a simple man. These are not things I used to ponder in life, and I aren't sure whether I can understand them in afterlife either. I was a freakin' fisherman, for pities' sake..."

"I see your concern *cough*... and am sorry I can't be of much help", Tuoni replied. "But you have to understand our history... if you want to ever understand the responsibility you hold..." His red eyes focused one last time, to the faceless head of Marras, and in them he saw the wisdom and insight of countless centuries. He could also see something he could not really understand, some sort of an image, a vision, maybe... and he realized what he had to do, even before Tuoni said it aloud. "Go south", he muttered, "to the sleeping god. He's stirring, sensing the events of the world. My last living brother... the circle is finally completing itself. The irony - despite all our power, we still can't escape the petty cycles of nature..." Tuoni's gaze finally dimmed, and his body fell limp. His last words were barely hearable: "Go to my brother... He was always a man of practice, he can guide you... tell you what to do... a great river..." After that, he was silent. After a long while, Marras decided to feel his pulse to see if he was still alive (although he was quite sure he wasn't), but before his white hand touched Tuoni's robes, his body exploded in a huge burst of light and warmth, throwing Marras's considerable bulk against the cave wall and causing all strings in his body to shift and reform.

It never occurred to Marras whether that explosion had actually meant something. He soon noticed, though, that some of its brightness never left his new body, maybe as a sign of what he had now become. One might ask, what did he do after meeting the god of death. Well, he did what he had done most of his life: went fishing. And that didn't really turn out to be the brightest idea he had had...

---

Eleven years had passed since that meeting. Eleven years Marras wandered around the world, trying to get used to his new body and place in the world. It had taken a long time before he had seriously began searching for guidance, a long time to realize no-one would come to him if he didn't make himself known... that, frankly, people and other gods were more interested in life than they were in death and end of the world. It had once made Marras howl with anger, but nowadays it only made him chuckle with amusement. It's all about patience he thought, and now his patience had been rewarded.

The strand the jackdaw had given him had not contained one, but a whole dozen of souls. Unfortunately, only two of those souls had belonged to humans, so Marras was feeling a bit (2 disoriented. However, the other human soul had seen something higly interesting: the awakening of the sleeping god, the new coming of Sliross, Tuoni's brother. Rest assured, friend, that your death was not in vain, Marras cheered in his mind when he felt yet another huge lifeforce shift in his range of perception...

1) Marras couldn't really tell if Tuoni was actually a man: his face contained equal distribution of strong masculine and feminine features, and rest of his body was completely hidden by his robes. Actually, it wasn't even clear if there was an actual body under them.

2) To put it lightly. Very lightly. It is already harsh to see the world trough the eyes of other people... you can just imagine what seeing through the perspective of an eagle, a rat or a ladybug is like. Not recommended.

[ Friday, May 11, 2007 04:41: Message edited by: Frozen Feet ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #124
The peasent, in kirwood, went to a well and dropped his bucket into the well. He hears a dry thud. Peasent "No water?" the grim thought sets upon him. A drought. Why the water god was always a benvolant god? The peasent went to the city foutain and it was no longer following with water even it was dry. After a long day of searching for water and even going to the patheon alter for the Water god. He went home emptied handed. As he walked home he passed a latern that some hung right out side a tavern that had closed for the night. Suddenly the latern flared up and 3 demons came out they seized him pulling him into the fire portal.

Back at they fire base the portal had been to much for the man it killed him. The demons carried his body to Geltor. The reached Geltor; Geltor stepped off his fiery throne and incertaied the body leaveing nothing but ashes. The Geltor focused on the ashes and created it into a flame shade. This would be his fourtieth flame shade. Some would be spies, some would be embassiarys conctact dark mages, witches and the jungle tribes who choose to worship demons instead of gods, and others would be sabetiours. Geltor was fisnhed with the flame shade. He gathers ten of them in a group and singals a demon over who carries a large box. Geltor takes out of the box several amulets and gives out one to each shade of the ten shades and sent the rest through the portals to due their repsecitve task. Then he takes out several vials of his own demon blood. He hands each of the shades several vials. Geltor"That amulet you wear will cause water to come back to a well if you apporach it. When you have been destroyed that amulet will faded away. When you reach a well let a few drops of that into the well. Then move on." With that said each of the flameshades moved into one of the several portals to kirwood. Geltor's plan was procceding well increating a huge blighted area of plague, drought and poison. Geltor then procceded back to the training area of the base and contiuned traing the demons in both melee and magic.
--------------------------------------------------
Drigy saw hundreds of thousands of demons that were scuffling and fighting. He suddenly he was among them. He grew claws on hands and feet and h is body twisted and muated he was now a demon.
Drigy woke up in a coffing fit. He was in an inne and two people were in the room and talking that hadn't realize he was awake. He tried to focus his eyes on the two and they appeard to slowed down for split second. Drigy then sees the two people two people from so long ago. He tries to speak "Sveltas...Stephen" but it comes out as groan. Sveltas and Stephen rush over to the bed.

[ Thursday, May 10, 2007 16:42: Message edited by: Lord Safey ]

--------------------

Pages