Soda

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Soda
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #0
Are you a heavy soda drinker?

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 49 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=iizFWvktKkre"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=iizFWvktKkre"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
Well, let's see here... it's not healthy, costs way too much, and actually doesn't make you any less thirsty than you were before drinking it.

Rarely, almost never.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:
Well, let's see here... it's not healthy, costs way too much, and actually doesn't make you any less thirsty than you were before drinking it.

But me like taste...ahhhh

IMAGE(http://www.aerostar.com/images/Dr%20Pepper.jpg)

--------------------
Bring back TM or [i]DIE.[/i]

To spread the hype, as well as cause your crush's name to appear on the screen, copy this into your signature.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #3
I actually have a funny story about this.

I used to drink upwards of three to five cans of rootbeer a day. I still love the stuff. But one day, when I was getting a monthy (yearly?) check-up, my doctor, the coolest man ever, said, and I quote, "Empires have fallen over the amount of sugar in sodas." He knows nothing of my fascination with empires and history, he could never have known how that remark would hit home.

I now drink soda only when nothing else is available, even water.

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #4
I frequently drink soda when it's available. Usually about a 20 oz. bottle per day, if possible. However, I tend to avoid the higher caffeine sodas, such as Mountain Dew. If Cherry Cola is bad for you, than Mountain Dew most certainly is a bio-hazard waiting to happen. All that caffeine...

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #5
I drink mountains of coffee, and water, but very little of anything else.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty, so blame him if it's filthy...
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #6
Despite the fact that it's expensive, unhealthy, a waste of energy to process/transport all that aluminum, and difficult for Dikiyoba to carry home, Dikiyoba is shamefully addicted and drinks 2-4 cans of Dr. Pepper a day. It's really quite embarrassing.
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #7
Coffee is the preferred drink but nothing says lovin like... IMAGE(http://jonathan.faylow.com/images/kl/kl06.jpg)

--------------------
"Dikiyoba ... is demon ... drives people mad and ... do all sorts of strange things."

"You Spiderwebbians are mad, mad, mad as March hares."
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #8
I don't eat/drink caffeine, so most sodas are off limits.
I do have a soft spot for Sprite though. I'll have at most one a week.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #9
Countries where people eat junk food and drink a lot of Soda have far more overweight people than countries where people eat real food. :P

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
Given a choice between soda and thirst, I'll usually take soda. I drink much more water, and my sweet liquid weakness is fruit juice, especially cranberry.

—Alorael, who of course need not specify which beverage makes up the majority of his diet and probably the majority of his biomass.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #11
Out here, the soda is healthier than most of the water, alas.
Which is why I buy my water bottled.
But I too have a tendancy for a cup or two of Dr. Pepper with most non-breakfast meals.

--------------------
The Silent Assassin believes that if he can distill soda to a precise concentration, he can use the syruppy goodness to scare all of the rodents out of the backyard.
Of course, all of his experimenting has given us an insect problem, and we all know how he loes to deal with those...

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #12
Hm... actually, now that I think of it, I do enjoy the soda produced by a local micro-brewery (Fitz's, for anyone interested). Still, it's more of a treat than an everyday thing... I remember in high school when I was drinking at least one bottle of Mountain Dew a day. Now, I'm just about completely decaffeinated.

Oh, and I typically sub out Fresca or something similar for when I get drawn into drinking games. In that particular case, I find soda much healthier than the alternative.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #13
It's pronounced pop.

--------------------
Check this out. When you're done, check this out.
Warrior
Member # 7000
Profile Homepage #14
2-4 cans of Mt. Dew Code Red per day, but I've given it up for Lent.

--------------------
"It's sort of like Star Wars. Except Jeff didn't make Erika shoot first in Avernum 3, nor did he introduce annoying computer-animated aliens." —Arancaytar
The Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by Lenar_Labs:

Out here, the soda is healthier than most of the water, alas.
Which is why I buy my water bottled.

Might want to check where that bottled water comes from. Usually it's bore water, sometimes containing industrial effluent. And yes, they're allowed to call bore water "spring water".

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 8131
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
Originally written by Dintiradan:

It's pronounced pop.

--------------------
Check this out. When you're done, check this out.

Pop, oh thank god, someone who isnt a slack jawed yokel (waits for the heavy items to be thrown).

In all seriousness I drink quite a bit of soda, if you can call it that. I hate most regular sodas full of fattening fructose filth, but I do enjoy the occasional "real" coke gotten from the mexican market. Thats right with real good honest sugar. For the most part however I simply cannot drink regular soda it's like drinking a candy bar(I'd rather have the candy bar).

I am hoplessly addicted to caffeine and need maximum dispursal throughout the day and night. Beverage of choice, Vault Zero. I like the flavor and the carbonation. 5 calories a can and the maximum caffeine you can get in a soda. I also drink hefty amounts of coffee and expressos (all homemade, screw 4 bucks at the local coffee hut).

I have also become partial to a product called Power Edge. It's great at work, lil packet in my water, bam 160 mg of caffeine right when you need it.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #17
quote:
candy bar
It's pronounced chocolate bar. :P

--------------------
I was an ugly baby. On my birth certificate there was a listing for 'Probable Cause'.
- Ronnie Shakes
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #18
Maybe one or two per month. At least seven if Nalyd goes to a party, though.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #19
My family has a mini-market full of sodas and such drinks but i'm no fan of them. Maybe when kid I was more interested in sodas, now i prefer to drink water. I still likes the sodas but I'm not drinking them all day long! I chose ocassionally.

Sodas are really bad, they have a lot of sugar, and the light sodas are full of cancerigen substances :eek: But still they have very good taste and a few of them won't kill you!
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #20
I can never drink the lite or diet sodas. If I do, I'll have an incredible migraine within half an hour.

Oh, and macdude... I sincerely hope you don't run out of caffeine any time soon. Trust me, you will not like what happens next.

--------------------

Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #21
quote:
Originally written by Dintiradan:

It's pronounced pop.

Actually, I believe it's known as soda.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #22
I don't ever drink soda, and I never have before. The only things I drink are milk and water.

--------------------
"Let us see what the new day brings." - Temas, Areni.

Visit my realm!

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Warrior
Member # 8131
Profile Homepage #23
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

I can never drink the lite or diet sodas. If I do, I'll have an incredible migraine within half an hour.

Oh, and macdude... I sincerely hope you don't run out of caffeine any time soon. Trust me, you will not like what happens next.

I know a couple three people(ok three st8 up) that have that same allergic type reaction to the artificial sweeteners used in most Diet drinks. Major headaches, luckly I don't suffer from such ailments. I assure you when I don't get my morning coffee I am MR GRUMP.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #24
Back in college I used to buy soda pop by half a dozen cases of cans at a time. I could go through a six pack a day. This made the custodians in the physics building very happy since I left them in a box next to the garbage for them to recycle.

One of my fellow graduate students figured out by testing the exact height to drop a bowling ball to completely crush a can with out the ball rolling off. No wasted energy.

Now it's mostly tap water.

Pages