What Games...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What Games...
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #0
As time goes on, players come and go. Newer people come because of newer games, and then some move on to other things, other forums, or other games.

If you don't understand how you should answer a certain question or don't understand how to interpret a certain question, keep in mind the fact that the aim of this poll is to find out whether a game is still played. So, if you occasionally play a game, you still play it; I suggest for games to which this applies, you mark that you are currently playing the game.

[ Monday, January 01, 2007 17:49: Message edited by: Kuber ]

Poll Information
This poll contains 3 question(s). 42 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=CyACOCUOEZAB"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=CyACOCUOEZAB"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
While I've played all the listed games, I still have to finish a couple. Hopefully by the time Avernum 5 is out I can say I've played all of them through at least once and some of the scenarios created by members.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #2
Played them all. Something Geneforge brought me to the forum. As for which ones I'm playing now, just the new one. I usually play the game through multiple times after it comes out, but I rarely go back and play them later on. Sometimes I get a craving, and when I do the one I go back to is usually Avernum 3. Sometimes Geneforge 2.

--------------------
You lose.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #3
The Avernum games, and nothing else. I finished A4 a couple of days ago, so I'm returning to BoA (after what must be my third months-long hiatus from designing). When I bought the Avernum Trilogy, I popped into General, where I read a thread in which Alo was lecturing the other members on the proper method of ingesting skribbane. I left, thinking, "What a stupid board."

After I finished the Vogelian scenarios, I realized I was stupid as well, and joined.

EDIT: Die, typo fiend!

--------------------
In Order of the Stick, doors knock on YOU!

[ Wednesday, January 03, 2007 12:55: Message edited by: Dintiradan ]
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #4
I came here because of the Exile series, but I don't play any Spidweb games anymore.

I've been playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance recently, and I'm having a barrel-smashing, baddy-blasting good time.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #5
I likewise came here for Exile. Once everything started going 3-D, though, I sorta petered out.

[ Tuesday, January 02, 2007 17:07: Message edited by: Robinator is a Beefcake ]

--------------------
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

'Spiderweb Software' anagrammmed: 'Word-bereft A**wipe'
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #6
Going by the poll results, I'd think you people loved BoA.

--------------------
quote:

Warrior
Member # 7000
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Dintiradan:

The Avernum games, and nothing else. I finished A4 a couple of days ago, so I'm returning to BoA (after what must be my third months-long hiatus from designing). When I bought the Avernum Trilogy, I popped into General, where I read a thread in which Alo was lecturing the other members on the proper method of ingesting skribbane. I left, thinking, "What a stupid board."

After finished the Vogelian scenarios, I realized I was stupid as well, and joined.

--------------------
In Order of the Stick, doors knock on YOU!

Sigged. :P

--------------------
"It's sort of like Star Wars. Except Jeff didn't make Erika shoot first in Avernum 3, nor did he introduce annoying computer-animated aliens." —Arancaytar
The Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
After I finished the Vogelian scenarios, I realized I was stupid. —Dintiradan
FYT, non-humorous.

Dikiyoba is just doing Dikiyoba's job. :P
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #9
I hate to break it to you, Diki, but Dintiradan is the one who made a mistake, not Tyran.

--------------------
"Let us see what the new day brings." - Temas, Areni.

Visit my realm!

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #10
Dikiyoba knows that, but Dikiyoba is Tyranicus's official typo finder, not Dintiradan's. Dintiradan is responsible for catching his own mistakes.

[ Tuesday, January 02, 2007 19:36: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #11
BoA fills in all the way down. The rest of the Avernum games also appear. They're the only SW games I've really played, save for the shareware version of Geneforge. I'll eventually get to those games too, but I've got a lot of other stuff to buy first.

Other similar games I've played (and still play) include several Final Fantasy games, Taskmaker 1 & 2 (which I'd guess few of you have heard of), Mantra 1 & 2 (again, see above), and another Vogelian game, Realmz.

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

My website: Nemesis' Refuge
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by Nemesis:

Other similar games I've played (and still play) include several Final Fantasy games, Taskmaker 1 & 2 (which I'd guess few of you have heard of), Mantra 1 & 2 (again, see above), and another Vogelian game, Realmz.
1) Taskmaker was okay. The sequel was a little incoherent, and sometimes felt as if the designer was using it as a political soapbox.

2) The Mantra games were passable, although light on plot; my main gameplay complaint is that it often took altogether too long to get from one area to another, especially in Mantra 2.

3) I hope you don't mean to literally imply that Jeff Vogel had any part in the making of Realmz.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #13
Tomb of TaskMaker was awful. Playable, I guess, but the dungeons managed to be both randomly generated and almost identical to each other, with random hordes of monsters differentiated mainly by HP total and icon.

The similarity to Realmz is really because of shared descent from the AD&D Gold Box games (plus an unusual shared platform). Realmz was basically a pretty but totally unbalanced version of that engine. Exile was more of a hybrid and took a lot from the Ultima and Wizardry game families as well.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #14
Taskmaker was pretty good, I thought. So was Mantra, although I have never been able to find one critical sword and have relied on my brother's save file to get that darn sword and progress.

I came here because of BoA. I posted because of a discussion of canon that made no distinction between what the community has invented and what is actually in the games, which bugged me. I also got Djur and Alec confused in my first several posts, because both were posting under alternate accounts by that point.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 7000
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Dikiyoba knows that, but Dikiyoba is Tyranicus's official typo finder, not Dintiradan's. Dintiradan is responsible for catching his own mistakes.
Thanks, Diki. keep up the good work. :)

--------------------
"It's sort of like Star Wars. Except Jeff didn't make Erika shoot first in Avernum 3, nor did he introduce annoying computer-animated aliens." —Arancaytar
The Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #16
Is first question supposed to refer to demos tried, or games registered? The answers would be quite different.

I was brought to Spidweb games by Exile 2 and to these forums by Avernum 2. The only Spidweb game I still play more often than a few times a year is BoE.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #17
quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

Is first question supposed to refer to demos tried, or games registered? The answers would be quite different.
Any game which you've tried out. It doesn't matter if you registered.

--------------------
quote:

Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Originally written by Kuber:

quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

In that case, my answer is similar to that of most others here: "almost all of them except Gf4, which isn't available for Windows, and perhaps E1."

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #19
Keep that smug look on your face, Diki. I'm waiting for you to slip up...

--------------------
(Begins looking for opportunities to misquote Tyran.)
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #20
Originally by Rakshasi:

quote:
Then I answered the first question wrong. I only selected the games I've gotten beyond the demo (A2, BoA, G1, G2), as opposed to all the games I've ever tried. Oh well.

Originally by Dintiradan:

quote:
Keep that smug look on your face, Diki. I'm waiting for you to slip up...
Dikiyoba does occasionally. It's not Dikiyoba's fault you aren't paying attention when it happens. :P
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #21
Now I know I answered right. I've tried every single Spiderweb game, including RW games, SubTerra, and Homeland. I've registered (or had registered for me) E3, BoE, all the Avernums, Nethergate, and Geneforge 4.

—Alorael, who liked Mantra a whole lot more than Mantra 2. The second was prettier and more intricate, but it was also buggy, glitchy, and unbalanced. Machinebows were too good except for the occasional shooting yourself to death bug.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #22
To be honest, I thought I would be the only one around here that had even heard of Taskmaker or Mantra. But it's true. Neither sequel was anywhere near as good as its original. Mantra 2 was crap, but I thought I'd put it out there. I've played Mantra, TM, and TTM multiple times.

Thuryl, what do you mean? Didn't JV play a major part in the making of Realmz?

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

My website: Nemesis' Refuge
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #23
quote:
Originally written by Nemesis:

Thuryl, what do you mean? Didn't JV play a major part in the making of Realmz?
Er, no. No, he didn't. The only contact between Fantasoft and Spiderweb is that Fantasoft originally distributed Exile I (and II?) before Jeff got his own site.

[ Thursday, January 04, 2007 01:06: Message edited by: Cryptozoology ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #24
quote:
Originally written by To each his Spain.:

the occasional shooting yourself to death bug.
This is one of the best bug names I've ever heard. It sounds like a bug that Homeland would have.

[ Thursday, January 04, 2007 01:34: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00

Pages