Wii vs. Playstation 3

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Wii vs. Playstation 3
Shock Trooper
Member # 3862
Profile #0
The Wii from Nintendo and Playstation 3 from Sony are being released in a little while so which one of them do you plan on buying if any???

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 27 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=CzDECPDEGOCK"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=CzDECPDEGOCK"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
Legends tell that Avernum,
Is a gateway to the underworld,
from which the dead never return,
Well thats a lie because im here now aren't I.
--------------------------------
"Never get into a fight with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
Meh. Next-gens are overrated and overpriced. I will honestly take Spiderweb stuff over most of the new-fangled stuff that people shell out ridiculous amounts for.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #2
I'm really terrible at consoles, so I'll stick with my PC.
The Wii looks interesting. Maybe it's something I'd acctually be able to play with, but I dont have much money. I'll have to find someone with one and go mess with it.

The PS3 looks too expensive. I know it will be the greatest console ever made and play Bluerays, but there's not going to be a big market for them for a while. At least, that's according to me. $700 plus the disks and games is going to be too much for a lot of people.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #3
I'lll pick up a PS3 after the first price break. I always wait til the first price break because all the bugs are usually ironed out by then. As far as prices go, would you consider $700 to be too expensive for a high-end gaming computer? I think not, so why is $700 too much for a console that is, by definition, a specialized high-end gaming computer? :P

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus.:

I'lll pick up a PS3 after the first price break. I always wait til the first price break because all the bugs are usually ironed out by then. As far as prices go, would you consider $700 to be too expensive for a high-end gaming computer? I think not, so why is $700 too much for a console that is, by definition, a specialized high-end gaming computer? :P
Because a computer has far more utility than a "specialized high-end gaming computer".

The Wii has interested me, I admit, but I can't see myself buying... at least for quite some time.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by demonslay3r:

quote:

Because a computer has far more utility than a "specialized high-end gaming computer".

True, but a high-end gaming computer will cost you much more than $700.

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #6
quote:

quote:
Originally written by demonslay3r:

quote:

True, but a high-end gaming computer will cost you much more than $700.

Exactly. But you can do far more with a high-end gaming computer than you can with a console.

Look at me. This is a high-end gaming computer. Can't type this shiiii on a PS3.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #7
Yes, but your computer cost considerbly more than $700, didn't it? My point was that, when you consider the hardware involved, consoles are actually quite reasonably priced.

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #8
Actually my computer was around $800 and it's good enough to play Oblivion (which in my books marks it as being good enough for pretty much anything else). You just gotta know the right guys to get the right parts. I seem to be able to find those kinda guys anywhere. When I was in California a year or so ago I managed to buy a dvd writer from the boot of a car. I thought that was hilarious.

Anyway, at my flat next year one of my flatmates is getting a PS3, another has a top of the line comp and another is considering getting a Wii. So I can play them all for no cost to me. Can't wait.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #9
I love my old Xbox -- and the computer, of course.
I don't think that I'm going to buy a 360, I do not like it much than the older version...

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #10
Tyro, you left off an "I'm happy with the next-to-next-to-last generation systems" option.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #11
Pardon me? I didn't start this topic.

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #12
I just came here to learn what a Wii was. Sadly, this is not a discussion on the merits of Dr Seuss over computer games. I leave now.
:P

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #13
We claim we'll buy the PS3, but we'll see. One thing is saying "Oh I'm so getting it" and another coming up with the $600 for it. I use the computer way more than I use the console. Actually, I can't seem to remember the last time I played my PS2. But for games, I'll always pick the console over the pc. It might have something to do with me hardly ever playing a game on the pc. I really like the Controllers; I feel like I can play better using one. You should see me trying to play Mortal Kombat or something of that style on the pc. Pretty humiliating

[ Tuesday, October 24, 2006 10:50: Message edited by: Lenny ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #14
IMO, PS3 > Wii. But then, I'm also a FF Fan. I'll probably get one when it won't cost me arms and legs.

Until then (years, I'd guess) I'll stick with PS1&2 and my laptop (which should be coming today or tomorrow :D )

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

My website: Nemesis' Refuge
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by Nemesis:

Until then (years, I'd guess) I'll stick with PS1&2 and my laptop (which should be coming today or tomorrow :D )
Why do you still have a PS1 when the PS2 plays PS1 games just fine?

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
Originally written by Lenny:

I really like the Controllers; I feel like I can play better using one. You should see me trying to play Mortal Kombat or something of that style on the pc
For like $10 from Radio Shack you can buy an adapter that allows you to plug PS2 controllers into your computer and use them with your games.

[ Tuesday, October 24, 2006 19:31: Message edited by: Kingy ]
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #17
Owing to being married to a "sensible" woman, I'm being weened off of console systems. I won't be purchasing a next gen, and the last game I'll purchase for my PS2 will be Final Fantasy XII, which comes out next week (though I won't play until after finals).
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Originally written by Drew:

Owing to being married to a "sensible" woman, I'm being weened off of console systems. I won't be purchasing a next gen, and the last game I'll purchase for my PS2 will be Final Fantasy XII, which comes out next week (though I won't play until after finals).
*whip crack*

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #19
quote:

Ah, the "sensible" woman... the gamer's downfall. I feel incredibly lucky to have a woman in my life who both understands my gaming and is somewhat interested in it (though doing the whole scenario design bit helps a lot).

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #20
quote:

quote:
Originally written by Nemesis:

Why do you still have a PS1 when the PS2 plays PS1 games just fine?

Well, 1, because it's my brother's PS2, and my parents are probably gonna kick him out soon. 2, because there's something wrong with his PS2, and it won't play PS1 games.

quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

quote:

Ah, the "sensible" woman... the gamer's downfall. I feel incredibly lucky to have a woman in my life who both understands my gaming and is somewhat interested in it (though doing the whole scenario design bit helps a lot).

Heh, me too. But she plays different games than me. Plus we're not married.

[ Thursday, October 26, 2006 18:37: Message edited by: Nemesis ]

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

My website: Nemesis' Refuge
Shock Trooper
Member # 18
Profile Homepage #21
I'm getting me a Wii. Those things are so god damn awesome I can't wait to get my grubby little fingers on it. I can so see myself (and a billion other nerds around the world) taking hold of the Wiimote and making light-sabresque 'wooshing' noises.

Dum dum dum DAH DAAAA, da da da DAH DAAAA!

Yeeeehar! *slash* Cop that imperial SCUM!!!

Ahhh... The Wii - I was sold the minute they said it was made by Nintendo.

Md.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #22
quote:
Originally written by Majordomo:

Ahhh... The Wii - I was sold the minute they said it was made by Nintendo.
I was just attracted by the concept of the controller. That said, I probably won't be getting one anyway...

Anybody else severely creeped out by the PS3 commercials, though?

--------------------

Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #23
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

Anybody else severely creeped out by the PS3 commercials, though?
Especially that one with the baby. :shudder:

[ Monday, November 06, 2006 17:50: Message edited by: Tyranicus. ]

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #24
I'd get the PS3, but it's way too expensive. I was kind of hoping to get it until I saw the price tag. Oh well, I haven't had a console system since the Super Nintendo anyway...

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00

Pages