Happy Birthday to Me

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Happy Birthday to Me
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #75
|\|07 4$ (00£ 4|\|Ð |-|1p 4$ 7|-|1$. |\|00ß.
1 4|\/| 73|-| £337.

Just kidding. Leet is irritating.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #76
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

And wait thousands of years for even the slightest improvements to become apparent? I'll pass.
You're absolutely correct, we can't just stand by and let the weak die off on their own. We need to help them! Now, should we do something covert such as poisoning twinkies or just move right to the camps?

--------------------
You lose.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #77
Breaking people isn't the way to fix them.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #78
But if it's not broken you're not supposed to fix it. Actually, I think maybe a different kind of fixing would provide a faster solution to our cacogenics problem.

—Alorael, who thinks the real solution lies in the hands of the Scorched Earth Party and their lead pipes. They believe in recycling too.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #79
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

You're absolutely correct, we can't just stand by and let the weak die off on their own. We need to help them! Now, should we do something covert such as poisoning twinkies or just move right to the camps?
Poisoning twinkies would hit most of the population, not just the obese population. Everyone enjoys a twinkie now and then.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #80
quote:
Originally written by Ghouloca:

quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

Poisoning twinkies would hit most of the population, not just the obese population. Everyone enjoys a twinkie now and then.

Not everyone. I find them mildly disgusting.

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #81
I prefer Fudge Rounds and Swiss Cake Rolls. Mmmm, calories... :)

--------------------

Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #82
Twinkies are delicious, but I haven't had one in years. Better get one before someone poisons them.

Sadly, I can't have a Swiss Cake rolls because they have chocolate in them. Does anyone here like Snowballs?

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #83
I find all products of that ilk literally distasteful. If I'm going to be eating something that makes millions of blood vessels cry out in terror, I'd rather it be something that's actually delicious. Aside from these intermittent episodes of dessert my junk food consists almost entirely of dried fruit and cereal.

—Alorael, who also has an immense fondness for oyster crackers. Just thinking about it makes him realize how long it's been since he had any.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #84
My junk food is usually Pringles and cookies, but right now some Oyster crackers sound great. How can they be so good?
I'd actually rather eat some Triscuts rather than Twinkies. Too bad I emptied the box yesterday.
My snack/lunch right now is frozen straberries. Yay semi-healthy!

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #85
Alorael, you don't watch TV and you eat dried fruit and cereal as your junk food? Your obviously not from America, or, if you are, your obviously un-American. I'm imagining you as some kind of starving hermit in the middle of nowhere. It makes me want to invite you to the palace for some chocolate covered chocolate covered in butter and an entire deep-fried cow covered in butter while watching twelve straight hours of nothing but Survivor and Apprentice reruns... covered in butter.

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #86
On that last comment, there's something you didn't quite make clear.

Is Alorael covered in butter, or is it the reruns? :P

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #87
I purposely left that ambiguous.

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #88
Then I'll take the safe bet and assume you meant that they were both covered in butter. :P

--------------------

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #89
Originally by Emperor Tullegolar:

quote:
Your obviously not from America, or, if you are, your obviously un-American.
Only the weak have to resort to using the word "un-American" to convince others of their point of view. :P

Dikiyoba.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #90
What? You dare call me weak?!? Do you wish to challenge me for leadership of the Tullegolites?

It is quite the opposite from what you say, actually. Words like 'un-American' are used by the strong to control the weak. Though you got it backwards, you understand the basic idea, I think. There might be hope for you after all.

--------------------
You lose.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #91
Leadership of the Tullegolites? And how many of them are there? Why would anyone would anyone want to lead them?
The word un-American is used by people who are afraid of different ideas.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #92
If the use of a word succeeds in terminating new ideas, then the ideas were unworthy to begin with. Otherwise, should the idea flourish regardless, there was no harm done. The fact that you are getting so defensive over my use of the word ‘un-American’ shows that you are unsure of yourself, and the unsure are the weakest of the weak.

--------------------
You lose.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #93
I'm not attacking you. Actually, the way you were using it is funny. I might have said the same thing if you haden't beat me to it.

I just think that attacking one's patriotism is the lowest form of arguing.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #94
Ah, here's the problem: you thought I meant un-American politically, when really I meant it culturally. Sort of like how not eating sausage is un-German. I suppose my responses implied that I did in fact mean it politically... but really I was just taking the opportunity to debate and spread more Tullegolite philosophy.

Really, I would never attack someone's patriotism, simply because disagreeing with the government is patriotic in Tullegolite philosophy, provided you intend to act upon your disapproval as opposed to just whining about it, which is the level of contribution most people are satisfied with.

--------------------
You lose.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #95
quote:
Sort of like how not eating sausage is un-German.
Beware of stereotypes. I'm not that fond of sausages and sauerkraut turns my stomach.

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #96
quote:
Originally written by ef:

I'm fond of stereotypes and Germans turn my stomach.
I wasn't going to go that far... but whatever...

Admit it, you like sausages, they are mysterymeatalicious, especially those brats! As for sauerkraut, if you eat too much of it at once, it will give you a stomachache, even if you are a veteran sauerkraut-eater. I learned that lesson the hard way when I visited my German relatives a few years ago.

--------------------
You lose.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #97
Oh man, sausages are great! Hot dogs can't lift a finger to thier greatness. I wish I had one right now. Yummy goodness.

Sauerkraut is a different story. The smell of cooking sauerkraut should be classified a chemical warfare.

But brats! I haven't had one in far too long.

[ Monday, October 23, 2006 09:14: Message edited by: Andraste ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #98
quote:
I learned that lesson the hard way when I visited my German relatives a few years ago.
Do they live in the south of the country? Because a lot of those stereotypes seem to refer to (offen outdated) habits of southern areas, especially Bavaria. Living in the north myself, I would have a hard time trying to find 'kraut eaters'.

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #99
Ef, now you've revealed the dark secret! They weren't supposed to know that we don't all wear Lederhosen, drink beer and eat Weißwurst and Sauerkraut! :P

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.

Pages