Happy Birthday to Me

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Happy Birthday to Me
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #100
Ohhh.. I'll make up for that by admitting that in the north we all wear fishermen's shirts and scarves, eat Labskaus and sing shanties. ;)

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #101
quote:
Originally written by ef:

Do they live in the south of the country?
Actually, yes. I was really just going off of my own first hand experience there. Let me tell you, there is no shortage of sausages, sauerkraut, leberknuddeln (liver balls), leberkase (still not sure what this is even after eating it), pork knuckles and, uh... ice cream. They love their ice cream! They have ice cream cafes in Germany like we have coffee ones in America. I definitely felt like I was finally home when I was in Deutschland. Except for the early 90s American music that they were just getting into, that sucked.

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #102
quote:
Icecream
Hot chocolate, too. In Bavaria at least, I've seen shops that sell hundreds of kinds of it...

Oh, and liquorice. Or, specifically, what Wikipedia calls "salmiakki", which is a mixture of liquorice and ammonium chloride. It's popular in Nordic countries as well (and the name sounds like it's Finnish in origin), but Germany seems to be among the few countries where people are weird enough to like candy that contains more salt than sugar. I know I do. :P

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #103
-X- is excited that this topic took a German turn while he was gone. -X- can speak German! Ask -X- something in German! Please!

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #104
-X-, that's spam. Spam is bad.

Originally by Arancaytar:

quote:
Hot chocolate, too. In Bavaria at least, I've seen shops that sell hundreds of kinds of it...
Dikiyoba is now mildly jealous.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #105
quote:
Originally written by Robert Daniel Oliver:

Wow. Our campus has a meager twelve.

I'm really curious as to just how long it takes for hot chocolate varieties to start splitting hairs...

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.

Pages