New Computer!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: New Computer!
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #25
I have a reliable 2.4 ghz proccessor, 512ddr ram, 60 gig HD and of course the beastly GeForce FX 5200 128mb card :) . And just yesterday me and a few mates packed my little ford laser with 20 recently 'obtained' school computers so now I have a few old 233mhz, 128 ram, 3 gig HD little mosters lying around.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #26
My computer is far older than anything I saw here - although I did just skim.

Okay, it's a 10 year-old PC-thing (technical term, by the way), with 95mb of RAM and a 200Mhz Pentium Pro processor. The HDD is 20GB, and is about 2 years old.

My keyboard mouse and monitor are all slightly newer than the computer.

It all works, although not well. And the internet connection is awful. I use it for writing and playing/desiging BoA, and other Spiderweb games, as well as AoE 2. And browsing here.

Luckily, it isn't the only computer in the house :P

Edit: The only graphics I have is a built-in thing with 1mb of memory.

And it is much worse than Brody's.

[ Friday, August 25, 2006 08:39: Message edited by: Princess Emerald xx ]

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty, so blame him if it's filthy...
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #27
I still have a 12 year old PC with a 50 Mhz Pentium CPU (original series not the later ones). I won't even try internet connections with it. It'll do word processing and the Exile games without any trouble, Can't run Avernum or Geneforge which is why I have a more recent one.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #28
I have an old Winbook with a 50 MHz 486DX in it. It has 8 MB of RAM and a 500 MB hard drive. Surprisingly enough, it has no issues with the internet.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #29
That sounds like my old computer Princess Emerald. But it only had a 3 gig HD. It was very reliable computer ever and it tried to run everything I put into it. Even things that should not have worked at all.
The weird thig was, whenever I put a Blizzard CD game in (Warcraft etc) it didn't do anything. The drive didn't even spin. Weird.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #30
Yeah, the old computers. The attic at my place is like a computer museum. its stacked with old computers, mice, keyboards, even printers. The nice things is, is that they all run as if they were bought yesterday.

For the recor4d, I'm talking now about computers like my 24 year old Macplus. Or the Performa of about 12 years old.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #31
Your Mac Plus is not 24 years old, it's 18 or 20 (remember Apple introduced the 128k Mac in 1984).

I have a Mac Plus, a Quadra 610 (overclocked to 50 MHz!), a 20th anniversary Mac, an iMac G4, and now a MacBook Pro.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #32
Oh. Then were did I get the 24 years from then... maybe the Apple II? Could that be a possibility?

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #33
Until recently I had an old apple II but it wasnt really my kind of machine so I got rid of it. I do love old computers though.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #34
Apple II+ came out in 1980 or 81. I think that's what you are referring to in your post. It had separate floppy drives from the main computer.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #35
Something that still cracks me up is that my old primary school, up until about 2 years ago, only had those computers and nothing else. We had to learn all of our computer skills on those beasts.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #36
Everything I learned in elementary school came from Oregon Trail.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #37
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

Everything I learned in elementary school came from Oregon Trail.
That and Memory Castle.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00

Pages